My Syndicated Arena

Replies

• Options
    jkray622 wrote: »
    212Attack wrote: »
    Ohh and by the way, who in the heck said this PLAYER A was the "rightful owner" of this top spot. if you don't like someone beating the crap out of you then fight back!! I at least know in our shard chat the same fool gets first every day! and he destroys people that take it from him. its extortion at its finest

Nobody said "Player A" is the "rightful owner" of the spot. But the majority of players who haven't been at the top of the arena always make the same mistake - they don't stop to consider the players who are already there. They think only of themselves.

I hope that by pointing out the perspective of the players at the top, it'll foster additional discussion - because nothing says that Player B is the "rightful owner" just because he happened to be able to reach the top for a brief period of time.

This is definitely a game, but it's your opinion that it's "every player for himself." The fact that shard chats exist and flourish proves that many other players disagree with your assertion.

I'd also like to point out that anytime any player beats another one to claim a higher spot in arena, it meets the definition of extortion - "the practice of obtaining something (usually money) through force or threats." So before you start throwing around terms like "extortion", perhaps think that every single player in arena is technically performing extortion. Yay for vocabulary!

Sounds like the first point you made was PLAYER A thinking of himself. Just quit it, im beginning to think you are player a. Shard chats are incredibly moot and a waste of time. if you pulled this crap on me I would go out of my way to guarantee you never see number one again
  • Options
    But then again bro, I don't lose sleep over a ranking. I play this game to have fun, not to shun other players that **** in your cheerios.
  • Options
    I don't know why you told them that you didn't want to join shard chat and work with them. You've brought this on yourself and now arena is gonna be a huge headache and you'll be lucky to get top 10.

And why? Because you really needed those extra 50 crystals every day that first gives you? You should have accepted his gracious invite and enjoyed your undisturbed place at #2.

he didn't say he was given an offer to join. he was told be happy with second or third or else.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    The only real solution to your issue is if they take crystal payouts out of the arena and apply them to a mode like Grand Arena. Only issue there is that the cheater problem will become a much bigger deal.

That would be a huge change and break one of the biggest reasons that arena works. You will no longer only be facing players that started at the same time as you. It could destroy the game, there would be much less of a reason to invest, since that investment wouldnt be passed directly to staying ahead (or with) the opponents you know you will face for your biggest source of income.

The crystal payout is one of the reasons that Squad Arena has never worked. It has been the mode i have hated the most since day one. I actually think all of the PVP is very poorly implemented.
  • Options
    Here's an idea:

Once you get into or near the top 10, take away the ability to select your own opponent. Instead "draw" an opponent from the top 10. Choose the rankings based on win % against top 10 players. If there's a tie, distribute a shared reward.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Ohh and by the way, who in the heck said this PLAYER A was the "rightful owner" of this top spot. if you don't like someone beating the crap out of you then fight back!! I at least know in our shard chat the same fool gets first every day! and he destroys people that take it from him. its extortion at its finest

Nobody said "Player A" is the "rightful owner" of the spot. But the majority of players who haven't been at the top of the arena always make the same mistake - they don't stop to consider the players who are already there. They think only of themselves.

I hope that by pointing out the perspective of the players at the top, it'll foster additional discussion - because nothing says that Player B is the "rightful owner" just because he happened to be able to reach the top for a brief period of time.

This is definitely a game, but it's your opinion that it's "every player for himself." The fact that shard chats exist and flourish proves that many other players disagree with your assertion.

I'd also like to point out that anytime any player beats another one to claim a higher spot in arena, it meets the definition of extortion - "the practice of obtaining something (usually money) through force or threats." So before you start throwing around terms like "extortion", perhaps think that every single player in arena is technically performing extortion. Yay for vocabulary!

Sounds like the first point you made was PLAYER A thinking of himself. Just quit it, im beginning to think you are player a. Shard chats are incredibly moot and a waste of time. if you pulled this crap on me I would go out of my way to guarantee you never see number one again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmZyX9mejus
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Push them all out of top 5, every single day. This game is about playing fair, not letting others tell you what you can and can’t achieve on a daily basis. Those shard chats are just absurd and for people with no skill or decency.
  • Options
    I don’t understand why taking an easy second(450 crystals) or a hard earned top 10 spot(250 crystals and where you’re probably being bumped to now) is even an issue. You are making a big deal out of +50 crystals a day.

Take second! It’s easy money!!

P.s. you’ll need to get over yourself because the other dude clearly will not lol. I don’t mean this as a harsh statement against you.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Danubiss wrote: »
    Push them all out of top 5, every single day. This game is about playing fair, not letting others tell you what you can and can’t achieve on a daily basis. Those shard chats are just absurd and for people with no skill or decency.

Yea, waste a gazallion crystals trying to push them out of the top5 every single day. Solid advice.
  • Options

I love the part about no skill or decency. For all we know, they could coach little league or volunteer at the soup kitchen. They could be great people.

But anger someone in a phone game and suddenly the whole lot of em are pony tailed comic book store employees from the Simpsons.

• Options
    leef wrote: »

Yea, waste a gazallion crystals trying to push them out of the top5 every single day. Solid advice.

“Guys please don’t attack me, it’s my turn at #1 today. It’s not fair if you attack me. You can have a turn another day”. Great way to play a game ;)
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

“Guys please don’t attack me, it’s my turn at #1 today. It’s not fair if you attack me. You can have a turn another day”. Great way to play a game ;)

That's not really what's happening though now is it?
    But by all means try to push everyone out of the top5 because they're working together, let me know how that works out for you.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options

The point I'm making is both players are thinking of themselves, but the "OMG SHARD CHATS ARE TERRIBLE" crew never considers the perspective of Player A. By understanding Player A's perspective, it becomes possible to see both sides of the situation.

And for the record, despite being in a shard chat I'm always around at my payout. And regardless of who you are, I would still see #1 [almost] every day. So, your posturing/threatening is pointless.
    Post edited by jkray622 on
  • Options
    I'm sure glad neither of my arenas have tight nit groups, some guy tried to get us all together for my squad arena to discuss payouts but we all spoke different languages haha so it didn't work out
  • Options
    It's human nature to want the best for yourself. Each one of those players in your shard chat also wants the best for themselves.

The overall way for the most people to get the most rewards is to coordinate so there are no wasted payouts. The guy currently getting 1st at the same time as you wants his best payout, so he coordinates with the others in the chat to get 1st. They offered you 2nd, so you can get the "best" payout without interfering with the first guy there.

Is it fair? Fair is relative. By rejecting their offer, what you have told the members of the shard chat is that you cannot be trusted not to attack the guy in 1st. Since you will not fit within the structure, you have to be kept outside of "striking distance" so you won't mess up the current system.

Conversely, if you had accepted their offer, you would be in a position to get 450c per day, assistance from the other shard chat members if someone was interfering with your payout time, and if that #1 guy quit (or took a break), you would have been able to move into the top spot.

As it is now, you are going to be targeted over and over.

Just as you had to go through a learning curve with this game - how to earn shards, how to upgrade characters, how to effectively spend crystals to improve your account - you are now having to go through a different learning curve about how to compete at the top levels of the Arena.

Edit - you will see similar situations in any other games you move to. People always try to maximize their own rewards. Some cheat, but others find ways of coordinating like this. It's human nature and you can't escape it by moving to a different game.

...wow. This is like the clearest explanation - with example - of the concept of monopolies, duopolies, etc etc that I have ever read. Not judging the morality or saying if it's right or wrong or anything, but this explanation probably could save a lot of students struggling with their Economics concepts lol.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    DarthMarr wrote: »
    xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    MultUA wrote: »
    If there is no solution for this garbage, I would prefer to leave the game and stop paying EA)

Most arena chats are thrid party apps EA have no control over that

But they have control over the payout system.

And there in lies the problem. We have many suggestions and not a 1 of them doesn't have ramifications that could be far reaching.

Not trying to minimize the issue, but we have a problem against a small percent (in shard chat) that effects a smaller percent ( those that are denied access) that effects everyone ( the rest of the shard). It is no simple task to just make a change that will not destroy the playerbase and possibly the game when you mess with the source of "free income" for that many.
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    If someone isn’t in an arena mafia, they don’t have a list of everyone’s payout times. So it’s not really realistic to suggest they move their payout time to avoid the arena mafia members when they don’t know who all of them are and they don’t know everyone’s payout times.

There are a couple of easy solutions CG could implement. #1 - the top level rewards should be more equalized. If everyone in the top 10 took the same amount of crystals, you’d have less of this nonsense. Looking at my arena, #1 gets 500 crystals while #11 gets 200 crystals. That is a ridiculous disparity when you consider #1000 gets 50 crystals. So there’s double the disparity between 1 and 11 than there is between 11 and 1000. When you have several people able to share the #1 spot due to different payout times there is no real #1 for the day anyway and the crystals shouldn’t be that much more than others. 1-10 should be the same amount and should be just a notch above the crystals for 11-20. That would end the need for such cutthroat tactics because it would be much easier to share the top payouts with having to resort to that stuff. #2 - they need to allow bigger jumps at the top. If you’re in the top 10, you can only be attacked by people within a few spots of you. This allows people at the top and collude to insulate themselves because they can gang up on people to knock them back before they can get within striking range of the top spots. People at spots further back can get hit by people from much, much further away. Anyone in the top 50, should be able to hit someone as high as 25. Anyone in the top 25 should be to hit someone as high as 1. That would make arena mafias unable to effectively collude against people to protect the top spots because they wouldn’t be able to insulate the top spots from attacks.
  • Tactyou
    756 posts Member
    Options
    Chuck lol
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    If there is no solution for this garbage, I would prefer to leave the game and stop paying EA)

And there in lies the problem. We have many suggestions and not a 1 of them doesn't have ramifications that could be far reaching.

Not trying to minimize the issue, but we have a problem against a small percent (in shard chat) that effects a smaller percent ( those that are denied access) that effects everyone ( the rest of the shard). It is no simple task to just make a change that will not destroy the playerbase and possibly the game when you mess with the source of "free income" for that many.

Again , you keep insinuating that its a small percentage of the players that are currently affected. I believe that there are quite a few who do/did not have access to expendable income and were forced to settle in at lower ranks that would welcome the change.

It's a fact that only a very small percentage of the playerbase ranks high in arena.
    Now you can try to argue that the shardchats keep more players from reaching top ranks than shardchats have members getting top ranks, but that's an hard argument to make imo.
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    Options
    This is absurd.

The game has micro-transactions. People are paying to gain an advantage in competition. People think the company will take away that competition? lol

Assume there are no chat groups. Those at the top will see the same names daily.

You won't bother those during their payout that haven't bothered you.

Eventually alliances will be created and those that don't play nice will find they aren't welcome.

It happens in life, stupid survivor type TV shows, governments, and this game.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Again , you keep insinuating that its a small percentage of the players that are currently affected. I believe that there are quite a few who do/did not have access to expendable income and were forced to settle in at lower ranks that would welcome the change.

It's a fact that only a very small percentage of the playerbase ranks high in arena.
    Now you can try to argue that the shardchats keep more players from reaching top ranks than shardchats have members getting top ranks, but that's an hard argument to make imo.

For sure it is and I'm not sure that there is a definitive way to prove either assertion correct. What we can not argue is posts like these do come up quite frequently, seemingly more so recently. I think it warrants at least soliciting the communities opinion on the topic and exploring how many would be in favor of a change.

compare the amount of complaints about shardchats to the amount of threads looking for shardmates, it's not even close.
    Nowadays you don't even need to make a thread since you can contact your shardmates ingame.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

A shard is 20k. Maybe 1-2k active.

The whole group being 1k (for example), a shard chat being 20-30, players denied access who can attained ranks of 30 or lower, is equal or less than the 30 in chat. Overall many in the top 100 are not going for 1st place rewards, but even if they are that is 1% of the whole shard. That is a small % compared to the players who would be effected by a change to the arena system.

Just trying to keep perspective on how the problem may not be a "simple solution" and many of the suggested solutions are geared towards affecting the chat and not necessarily considering the effect it could have on the other players.