Kit Reveal: Darth Malak

Replies

• Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    Am I the only one who sees him weak?
    Sure, he's a good tank, but he doesnt have pre taunt, he can be fractured, he can get heal immunity, he can be annhilated, he can be tm drained, he can be isolated, and honestly, GMY can 2-3 hit him.
    All he has on the pro side is a couple of big hits, good defense, and frequent but not constant taunts.

What gets me is handing out fear like candy. No crits renders FO, Rebels, and many other teams useless. I might have to start running LNihilus again.

+ palp/vader combo
    As soon as you try to start off with your Vader AoE he'll get fear'd and the TM train is stopped.

RIP palp counter
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Jaconis
    39 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Am I the only one who sees him weak?
    Sure, he's a good tank, but he doesnt have pre taunt, he can be fractured, he can get heal immunity, he can be annhilated, he can be tm drained, he can be isolated, and honestly, GMY can 2-3 hit him.
    All he has on the pro side is a couple of big hits, good defense, and frequent but not constant taunts.

Other than pre taunt, those others are all eliminated by DR lead and fallen bastila on the squad. GMY can’t 2-3 hit him. No way non Crits will hit that hard, and if he’s crit Yoda is feared, so he won’t hit again for some time and won’t have those buffs anymore.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Drazhar wrote: »
    Adoy_IdeJ wrote: »
    Adoy_IdeJ wrote: »
    I wish there was a way to improve the IQ of some whales that can't win even after spending to avoid giving them such means of ubeatability and risking to ruin such an awesome game. Oh well, top 10, see you when this becomes f2p, if this becomes f2p.

I can taste the salt from here. :D

I can spot low IQ whales just by the answers to such taunt :D

I haven't spent a penny on the game - I'll be ready for Malak ;)

But if the whales have low IQ but have money to spend, then long live stupid people! :D They keep the game free for the rest of us!

That's true only at a limited extent. When whales spend too much, they create a cap. And when this cap isn't reached, like it happned with Darth Revan, they're forced to make things like this to catch up with EA's requests.

... and? The krakens will still pay, get that 5-6 month advantage, and the game will continue.

The error is exactly "the game will continue". It's a chain that tends to break sooner or later and I don't want this to happen. Don't mistake me, I'm not complaining because the ones who pay win. That's normal, it happens in every p2w like this. The problem is when this ceases to be a loop and becomes a spiral.

It hasn’t broken yet, but I see what you’re getting at. I honestly don’t care about half of these characters, I just want to play a fun Star Wars game.
  • Maybe from now on, CG should just tell us what’s not included in the kit. That would probably result in less text.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    I like him. He was very tanky on KOTOR too.
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Nihilus randomly sticks a damage over time debuf to a character in the opposing team so based on RNG, he could start with a fear debuf if Malak is picked up?

... :-/
  • Am I the only one who sees him weak?

@Roopehunter -- if Thrawn has corrupt battle meditation, he can't fracture.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    When you get to use Annihilate every 4 turns, lol.
    Annihilate has a cooldown of eight, and Drain Force can reduce that cooldown by 5. Traya's Isolate can reduce that by 1. And Annihilate kills you, while Drain Force hurts you.
    Still not a he.
  • Nihion wrote: »
    Does the cool down reset thing mean it resets to 0 or 4?

Reset means 0. So the ability is instantly available to him again.

Considering his ability starts on Cooldown, would it not reset to 4?

This is from HK-47's kit
    Special 2: Assassination Protocol (Cooldown 9)

FINAL TEXT: Dispel all buffs on target enemy, then deal Physical damage to that enemy. This attack can't be evaded and deals 100% more damage against Jedi. If the target enemy has Deathmark or Fear, this ability's cooldown is reset.

So it would seem that Malak could use it on his next turn.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Roku7 wrote: »

This is from HK-47's kit

FINAL TEXT: Dispel all buffs on target enemy, then deal Physical damage to that enemy. This attack can't be evaded and deals 100% more damage against Jedi. If the target enemy has Deathmark or Fear, this ability's cooldown is reset.

Does that ability start on Cooldown?
  • lol
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Globuhl wrote: »
    Nihilus randomly sticks a damage over time debuf to a character in the opposing team so based on RNG, he could start with a fear debuf if Malak is picked up?

... :-/

Yes and no. First of all it depends on who acts first. If DN goes before Malak and Malak doesn't have debuffs he CAN be inflicted with a DoT (RNG) and would put fear on DN at the end of DN's turn. If Malak acts first he'd get ferocity at the start of his turn (DR lead) and therefor would be "immune" to DN's DoT as he'd be debuffed.
  • Viserys
    461 posts Member
    Keep in mind that Malak with Revan as lead - the ferocity negates Malak's stacking Defense and Tenacity.

Malak might actually end up being most powerful under a different lead.
  • Not sure to understand it right.. 3 stacks of dark infusion give 2 x (+35% +35% +35%) = +210% offense?
  • Ponnek
    40 posts Member

This is from HK-47's kit

Yes
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Ponnek wrote: »

This is from HK-47's kit

Yes

Oh. Well then there we have it.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Not sure to understand it right.. 3 stacks of dark infusion give 2 x (+35% +35% +35%) = +210% offense?

"At max stacks, these bonuses are doubled"
    Yes, it's gonna be +210% offense.
  • My thoughts on Malak: I really like fleet arena. More and more every day :) It was nice being in the top 50 in squad while it lasted, but now it's time to focus more on my rebel fleet with HMF.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Combo of Sion and Nihilus? Ouch.
  • Does the cool down reset thing mean it resets to 0 or 4?

Reset means 0. That's why the ability states the Cooldown starts at 4. If reset means back to how the cooldown is at the start, it would say sets cooldown at 4 instead of reset.
  • Darth_DeVito
    1231 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    TAureliusC wrote: »
    Is drain life an auto kill?! It said deals damage equal to 100% of max health, but does it bypass protection? In theory you can bulk up on protection and it might not be an auto kill, assuming your combined health and protection is high enough to absorb the attack.

Aside from protection, the damage has to go through armor / resistance, I suppose. Mod for protection and defense and it shouldn't be too bad.
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    Not sure to understand it right.. 3 stacks of dark infusion give 2 x (+35% +35% +35%) = +210% offense?

"At max stacks, these bonuses are doubled"
    Yes, it's gonna be +210% offense.

Sweet baby jeebus in a tuxedo T-shirt. That plus ferocity stacks...hoo boy.
  • Nihion wrote: »

Oh, I haven't thought about it this way. You might actually be correct. It would definitely make him less broken lol. Let's wait for a dev response to clear things up.
  • CptCheez wrote: »
    Teague wrote: »
    The final boss and leader of the enemies in KotOR doesn't get a leader ability? That's very odd.

He's clearly meant to just be the tank on a Drevan team. A tank that also gets a Nihilus-like Annihilate ability...

Seems like he’ll fit across number of Sith leads as long as some one inflicts shock and/or fear.

He is meant for Darth Revan with Bastila, Hk and Sith Trooper.

But right now I can tell you he will probably fit well with a Sith Triumvirate team as long as you have someone to inflict fear or shock.
    Darth Traya with Nihulus, Sion and Badstilla or Drevan. Imagine Annihilate and Drain Life!!!

Emperor Palpatine doesn’t fall that far behind either cause of his ability to shock and Malak inflicts on enemies with fear on his own.
    So Imagine Palpatine, Vader, Malak, Thrawn and plug in final character here Badstila, Drevan, Sion etc.
  • Jedi Reven is is dead against this. Drain life looks cool nice and it only does health so stack your protection and you can revive the characters so that’s a work around
  • Jarvind
    3918 posts Member
    I'm torn between "this is wildly OP and I don't approve" and "I may actually get him first time around so maybe I don't mind so much."
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Can drain life crit or have its damage affected by defense?
  • Jarvind
    3918 posts Member
    Ravenclaws wrote: »
    Can drain life crit or have its damage affected by defense?

The answer to both of those for any other %health effect is no, so that seems like a fairly safe assumption here.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png