Upcoming Changes to Bastila Shan [MEGA]

Replies

• Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    I mean I figured a discussion on these forums about rating this game one so we'd be noticed would be deleted, yet alone merged into the Bast update thread. lol.
    Went ahead and gave it 5*. Just relax and have fun. Build whatever you want and suddenly the game is a lot easier to play.

How exactly does that help anything? People like you are the problem here. They are ruining this game over this week. Actually ruining it. Have fun never being able to do anything with farms that take 2 years of your life away.

• Options
    So legendary battle mediation can no longer be dispelled. This will basically make Jolee invincible unless you have Dark Revan. And we thought arena was stagnant before....
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Options
    Hal_10000 wrote: »
    So legendary battle mediation can no longer be dispelled. This will basically make Jolee invincible unless you have Dark Revan. And we thought arena was stagnant before....

No, LBM only lasts for 1 turn, it just means you'll have to be MUCH more strategic in your fights. Mark jolee while GK is still up and has taunt. Weak hits go to GK, while mass assists or attacks from the character with strategic advantage goes to Jolee. The new tenacity buff will make Jolee pretty much immune to stuns, but you can whittle him down that way. Since Mark has buff immunity on it and lasts for 2 turns, you'll have one of Jolee's turns where he won't counter and you burn him down.

While it is still possible, this change WILL lead to a whole lot more timeouts. Maybe with the GK change coming they'll make him immune to counter attacks, or the JKA/Ashoka changes will make the team better able to beat mirror matches
  • Gannon
    1630 posts Member
    Options
    Hal_10000 wrote: »

How would this have any effect on jolee?
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Guys, please use all your brain cells before speaking. This is the bait to avoid the poopstorm by f2ps and because it's just stupid that DR and BSF have a bond and regular basty and JKR don't have it.

This just makes me sure that not even 1/10 of you played kotor. Bastila and Revan literally had sex in the Ebon Hawk's cargo bay. Dark Side Bastila and DR had more of a **** relationship. You could choose to treat her well even if you were dark side, but she literally was DR's slave. Like those girls that somehow fall in love with the troglodyte beating them (Malak) and at some point they simply pass to another troglodyte that beats them a little bit less (DR) to avoid hospital bills.
  • Options
    Anybody knows when this update is going live?
  • Options
    If they are adding this synergy and making it less advantageous to use Bastilla as a lead why can’t we get a refund on her zeta. Before I could split her in TW/GA from JKA. I have a feeling after this rework it won’t be worth it. Therefore I for one would like a refund
  • Options
    I thought they are going to nerf her? Oh well.

200% protection up until depleted just lame VS cassian's 30% for 3 turns.
  • Options
    I'll keep playing as long as Darth revan doesn't become unbeatable with malak.
  • Droideka
    615 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Hah. They buffed her even more than they said they would. Now her Subvert Defenses inflicts buff immunity, and that change was not mentioned anywhere. First time we heard of it was when it was put in the game.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    I'll be honest out of all the changes made recently, I disagree with this one. Reworking a perfectly powerful character to make the most powerful team more powerful and a better counter to a counter character you just released?

This, I just dont get.
  • Options
    So subvert defenses now applies buff immunity. Did you ever plan to tell us this? I mean you clearly didnt cause you already released the update.
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Options
    What’s with the buff immunity? No mention of that.
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • Options
    Lichbane wrote: »

Yeah... that's embarrassing. I just updated the post to include it. Sorry.

• Options
    I just did a mirror match on my Alt. It cuts down time for LS Revan mirror matches. Agreed they could mentioned it though.
  • Options
    CG_TopHat wrote: »
    Lichbane wrote: »

Yeah... that's embarrassing. I just updated the post to include it. Sorry.

Can you also remember to make bastilla instantly kill jkr on the opposing team? Its gotta be in that noggin somewhere....
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    Options
    Are you all really even complaining about LS Bastila with the indecency of the latest developments?
  • Options
    Taking never-to-bee-seen-before-dominating arena team, that ist the strongest defensive team atm. and by the way can faceroll very good results in HSTR, and buffing it, is completely sane...
  • Dan_z
    103 posts Member
    Options
    Words cannot express how much I hate this change... Went from having a 50% chance of killing JKR teams in arena to near enough zero based on today's attempts.
    My team is palp,fbastila,nihilus,sion,thrawn.
    Guess I'm not meant to be in top 50 without having a paywall character right? :(
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Sarbitar wrote: »
    @CG_TopHat the cooldown should also be in bold, because thats another change that you forgot to mention (from 3 to 2)

Or was it 2? Hmm maybe I'm wrong.

I though that so I did some digging.

It was always two. The kit reveal on here has been edited, so I've checked with copy and paste jobs from July last year on reddit and gaming fans. Both state two from when the character was released.
  • Options
    CG_TopHat wrote: »
    Final Text: Deal Special damage to target enemy. Dispel all buffs on them, inflict Buff Immunity on them for 2 turns, and Stun them for 1 turn.

Should this be taken to mean, use skill stun target? Because it's not 100% it seems when tested.

• Options
    CG! This dramatically changed my investment in Bastila Shan, and we should have the right to determine how we allocate mats and abilities. Her kit is now completely different from its first iteration! I demand an immediate refund of the zeta since she is a different toon.

Wait, we aren’t doing that for this? It’s hard to keep up with the manufactured anger of the players on the forum.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Rilsston wrote: »
    CG! This dramatically changed my investment in Bastila Shan, and we should have the right to determine how we allocate mats and abilities. Her kit is now completely different from its first iteration! I demand an immediate refund of the zeta since she is a different toon.

Wait, we aren’t doing that for this? It’s hard to keep up with the manufactured anger of the players on the forum.

/gibbs_slap
  • Options
    This change solidifies the new meta again.

Jedi knight revan!

The change to her kit negates also what hk47 was supposed to do. His kit prevents them from gaining tm to bonus protection. Yet now Bastila just gives them battle meditation and they get tm anyway.

I don't know what they have planned for Darth revan. But the only thing they have done to this point is solidify the jedi knight revan meta. There literally is no point in using Darth revan at the moment due to this buff. If you don't get malak, jedi revan is superior by far in pvp. And even with malak, he is currently underwhelming.
  • Options
    Jedi Bastilla had an AAA class lead ability.

Sith Badstilla did not have a lead ability at all.
    She had Force Bond instead.

Now Jedi Bastilla also gets Force Bond.

How is this fair?
    Is Sith Bastill also getting a lead ability?

You people realize that fallen bastila had two good uniques, right?
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    After thinking about this for a few days, I meditated and cogitated and mulled and figgered and grokked, and finally came to a more reasonand and rational conclusion after my initial hasty reaction:

Seriously, ****?
  • Options
    Gannon wrote: »

How would this have any effect on jolee?

Because you can't dispel the buff off him any longer. The buff gives counter chance. Jolee gains health on his basic. Since you can't dispel the buff off him, he's even "tankier" because he'll keep countering and gaining health when you try to kill him if he has the buff.