Change to anakin!

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    If they nerf Anakin too, all that does is suggest that the post from 4/10 about "variety" and "balance" was simply a lie to placate the masses.

So, yeah, it wouldn't shock me, given the history of this "leadership" team.

I wouldn’t call it a lie. I trust they are working towards that. But it’s not just any variety. They want a very specific variety, almost certainly involving some brand new characters that we will need to invest in. It’s seeming like this plan is very important for them and they can’t let other teams get in the way...

Oh, okay - then technically it's not a lie....they're just playing the game for us. :D

If they I going to prescribe play and manipulate the meta directly like that, there will be many people leaving this game than there are now - and it will be whales, dolphins and f2p alike.

How would it be different than anything else they do? Every time they release or change a kit they are doing it with a goal in mind of how that character will fit into the overall game. There is no such thing as not manipulating the meta.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    I think people are missing the point. NO character should have an aoe that does 100k+. That wipes out pretty much every non-tank in one shot just about. How the heck is that good for the game??

He only does that to DR teams because of ferocity. If you're going to make a point, at least base it on facts please.

Just be real for a minute. No f2p character should ever wipe out the newest p2w team. Ive had my ani gear 12 for a long time. I have DR and Malak.... i spent next to nothing on malak as im one of those crazy fools who has most of the kotor at gear 12. (Working on t3 last one, two pieces left) (i did spend a bit on his gear, but i had some of that saved up since DR dropped)

Now imagine if i had spent $500+ on gear for kotor and maybe $200 or more on malak gear.... id be **** something ive had gear 12 for 8 months could level it.

Now imagine you as a developer want me to spend money like that or more.... would you really do nothing?

Ps im running JKR with no bastila and adding in Anakin for now. So do i care what they do.... nope, but i cant pretend that i would not understand it
  • Juzz
    366 posts Member
    Options
    Anakin Damage haven’t changed except for the 75% to 100% on extra turn.
    What has changed is the awful auto-expose that made the character less useful than now.

The extra % from JKA and the overall buffs from the team make his Damage up.

Anakin has around 7.2k base damage and GMY has 9k on their basics. With the JKA lead and buffs Yoda makes 50k, so it’s no surprise Anakin makes 40k.

Anakin still has 56k Health +Protección before mods which is not a great amount.

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain
  • Options
    Juzz wrote: »

This is simply not true. There are multiple screen shots of the damage multiploer being changed significantly on this forum. Thats responsible for the insane damage (combined with the various other circumstances).
    Why are you writing something that is not true?
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    I think people are missing the point. NO character should have an aoe that does 100k+. That wipes out pretty much every non-tank in one shot just about. How the heck is that good for the game??

He only does that to DR teams because of ferocity. If you're going to make a point, at least base it on facts please.

Just be real for a minute. No f2p character should ever wipe out the newest p2w team. Ive had my ani gear 12 for a long time. I have DR and Malak.... i spent next to nothing on malak as im one of those crazy fools who has most of the kotor at gear 12. (Working on t3 last one, two pieces left) (i did spend a bit on his gear, but i had some of that saved up since DR dropped)

Now imagine if i had spent $500+ on gear for kotor and maybe $200 or more on malak gear.... id be **** something ive had gear 12 for 8 months could level it.

Now imagine you as a developer want me to spend money like that or more.... would you really do nothing?

Ps im running JKR with no bastila and adding in Anakin for now. So do i care what they do.... nope, but i cant pretend that i would not understand it

Toons have to be tweaked and yes its fine if a F2P character can dominate. Yoda, EP, Nihilus, even Revan now, etc. The way for DR to beat Anakin is to kill Anakin first. Problem solved. DR Will roll them on O. But a team may not hold on D and that is fine too.

But the main thing is this: Toons have to be tweaked and tweaked quickly and often to keep balance. Revan was a nuclear bomb when released and will always be so until he is limited somehow.

I'm assuming they are about to release/tweak a whole bunch of Jedi and and I literally dont see how they can do it well and make them balanced considering Revan. They will become even more swiss army knives than BH - and have access to the most powerful lead in the game. So they will be swiss army nukes. I just personally think he needs to be limited.

Will people complain? Yes. We have learned people complain about literally EVERYTHING - even free stuff. Bite the bullet, limit his lead and be done with it. The rational should be the exact same they used for HK. There are a couple of KOTOR 2 Jedi they can release to compliment him and allow him to have a full team (or allow it to apply more to Mission, Z and the other non-jedi OR toons). But allowing that lead to apply to one of the largest factions in the game that is about to get a (much needed) relevancy rework pass is just going to amplify the problem that he already is.

IMHO.
  • Gannon
    1632 posts Member
    Options
    VonZant wrote: »

Toons have to be tweaked and yes its fine if a F2P character can dominate. Yoda, EP, Nihilus, even Revan now, etc. The way for DR to beat Anakin is to kill Anakin first. Problem solved. DR Will roll them on O. But a team may not hold on D and that is fine too.

But the main thing is this: Toons have to be tweaked and tweaked quickly and often to keep balance. Revan was a nuclear bomb when released and will always be so until he is limited somehow.

I'm assuming they are about to release/tweak a whole bunch of Jedi and and I literally dont see how they can do it well and make them balanced considering Revan. They will become even more swiss army knives than BH - and have access to the most powerful lead in the game. So they will be swiss army nukes. I just personally think he needs to be limited.

Will people complain? Yes. We have learned people complain about literally EVERYTHING - even free stuff. Bite the bullet, limit his lead and be done with it. The rational should be the exact same they used for HK. There are a couple of KOTOR 2 Jedi they can release to compliment him and allow him to have a full team (or allow it to apply more to Mission, Z and the other non-jedi OR toons). But allowing that lead to apply to one of the largest factions in the game that is about to get a (much needed) relevancy rework pass is just going to amplify the problem that he already is.

IMHO.

I agree with the sentiment, and think that could be a very nice way to limit the overpowered jkr dominance, but there's only 4 old Republic Jedi so far. They'd need to add more or something for that to work.
    I think the real problem with jkr teams is jolee. He should only revive old repubs, or have a percentage chance like Daka and then they wouldn't be nearly as op.
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    Options
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    Warrior just mentioned it in his live stream where he showed a screen shot of CG Carrie saying to not expect it to last and that they are working on some wording in anakin's kit.

if that was indeed carrie...she also said "(and the siths)".

It's possible it will be another fix for Malak.
  • Options
    I don't have malak (I sat out the event because I didn't care for the short notice, having to have both legendaries and their teams and the paywall) and if the word about JKA is true I for one am glad. There is a pattern of respect towards the community and part of that is having a p2w toon dominate the arena for a few months is part of that. Having f2p characters that can easily beat what is touted as the new meta days after that new mtea released is just plain crazy.
  • Juzz
    366 posts Member
    Options

This is simply not true. There are multiple screen shots of the damage multiploer being changed significantly on this forum. Thats responsible for the insane damage (combined with the various other circumstances).

My apologies. I was recalling from memory and I was wrong. Area was 5.2k before and 7.2k now, you are right. Shame on me :(
    Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain
  • Unlimitedpowar
    149 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options

If you look you can see that anakin is with Hermit Yoda giving 60%offence in his unique plus revan lead plus offence up critical damage up with the 75% gone to 100% in his unique plus 6* dot mods not used before upgrading the total offence.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Options

My apologies. I was recalling from memory and I was wrong. Area was 5.2k before and 7.2k now, you are right. Shame on me :(

Thats alright, bud, I also apologise for putting it too harsh.
    Ive seen too many trolls today denying the damage increase.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options

So you spent next to nothing to get Malak - and many f2p were boasting how they have DR and Malak was doable for f2p, but now it's a p2w team?

And there's no such thing as a p2w defensive team. There never has been. Sure, the counter was more obvious in this case, but that doesn't mean that CG is going to keep nerfing anything that can beat it, either.
    Post edited by Nikoms565 on
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Gannon
    1632 posts Member
    Options

Thats alright, bud, I also apologise for putting it too harsh.
    Ive seen too many trolls today denying the damage increase.

Hey now, I wasn't the only one who didn't remember the coding before the rework 😂
  • KorAgaz
    105 posts Member
    Options
    Really hope they won't change his kit when it comes to GR allies. Can see why he shouldn't get bonuses for Sith/etc allies.

This is my nth time trying to get back to this game (almost a year away now). The only reason is the CW content, which (I really hope) will make it possible to skip the Revans and OR. It'll take me ~4-6 months to get ready for JKR and way longer for DR/Malak. So, if CW content isn't good enough to beat OR in the long run, I'll be stuck with spending my petty crystals income (top 150 in my arena is the Revans) to refreshing Bast and Jolee hard nodes for the foreseeable future and miss out on all new content (which means I'll just quit again). Spending ain't an option either, I'd never waste hundreds of dollars on a game and spending up to $100/year gives you almost no advantage anymore.

Bottom line, as others have said, make Anakin's unique tied to his faction (GR), don't nerf him to the (not so high) ground.
  • Options
    TheEvo wrote: »
    Because he deals up to 100k AOE damage and over 70k on his basic. If that is not broken then I don't know what is.

But gmy doing same thing isn't broken?
  • Options
    All they have to do is change his unique to: "Whenever another Galactic Republic ally falls below 50% Health or is defeated, Anakin takes a bonus turn and his next attack deals 100% more damage." He'd still have his synergy with GK, Ashoka, GMY, etc.

An easier fix is to change it to Jedi ally not galactic republic ally. Jedi ally is more specific galactic republic is very broad
  • Options

Where's ya proof bro? I think your full of it without proof
  • Zinke7
    194 posts Member
    Options
    Malak is by far the best tank in the game right now as long as he is not on DR team.

Ferocity is what kills that team and to normalize that problem would require rework for entire Sith Empire team as there is droid on that team that does about 50-60K AOE damage and does about 130k damage on single target and that is more unacceptable than JKA.

Also BSF is big problem as this meta will go as fast as she is. She is also culprit for EP nerf who was just fine before her and the only reason he was able to do what he was doing is because of her.

How many characters needs to be nerfed because BSF and ferocity?
  • Gannon
    1632 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Zinke7 wrote: »
    Malak is by far the best tank in the game right now as long as he is not on DR team.

Ferocity is what kills that team and to normalize that problem would require rework for entire Sith Empire team as there is droid on that team that does about 50-60K AOE damage and does about 130k damage on single target and that is more unacceptable than JKA.

Also BSF is big problem as this meta will go as fast as she is. She is also culprit for EP nerf who was just fine before her and the only reason he was able to do what he was doing is because of her.

How many characters needs to be nerfed because BSF and ferocity?

Yea very true. Just cover all your bases and take Malak aaand stick him as the tank on a jkr line lol
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Options
    Because he deals up to 100k AOE damage and over 70k on his basic. If that is not broken then I don't know what is.

It's not broken, his abilities just exploit a built in weakness for the sith empire.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ninjah9 wrote: »

It's not broken, his abilities just exploit a built in weakness for the sith empire.

This is a good point. It is just as much anakin's abilities as it is the lack of defense the team suffers from.
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    It also makes sense that Anakin is the most broken character anyway. And hey, he has a good ship too, and is easy to gear. So I'm fine with him being good and I'll sure be extremely upset if he is nerfed.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    Looking likely he will get nerfed per devs post...not really happy but life moves on
  • Options
    I guess it's my fault for being an **** and
    moving on him right away. And spending $15 bucks on his pack....I'm getting tired of this though. Test things before releasing them please. I'm sure they're not refunding anyone the packs they bought for JKA are they @CG_Erik ?
  • Options
    It’s like in their meeting the agenda topic is just, brainstorm ideas to drive away core players. They never fail to come up with new ways of doing it.
  • Options
    Change Anakins Unique to read : Whenever another Jedi or Galactic Republic ally falls bellow 50 % health or is defeated, Anakin takes a bonus turn and deals 100% more damage. That way he isnt plug and play into every team and remains great! #SaveAnakinsRework
  • Options
    First time in months funny F2P character and ofc they want nerf it after rework..... omg whales have Anakin too and he is good only for offence so pls DONT NERF HIM...
  • Genpaku408
    119 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Evasive wrote: »
    Change Anakins Unique to read : Whenever another Jedi or Galactic Republic ally falls bellow 50 % health or is defeated, Anakin takes a bonus turn and deals 100% more damage. That way he isnt plug and play into every team and remains great! #SaveAnakinsRework

Remove the 'Jedi' from the unique and it would make him only work when GMY falls below 50 percent in a JKR team.

Whenever another Galactic Republic ally falls bellow 50 % health or is defeated, Anakin takes a bonus turn and deals 100% more damage.
This discussion has been closed.