TB: both or choose

Replies

• Amoliski
    106 posts Member
    Options
    I'm starting to wonder if CG is even capable of making a single good decision.
  • Azza
    245 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    This is a really really bad decision!

So, as an off, ill have to explain to our players that just got Malak thats it too bad were not getting that type of currency anymore?

A newer player coming in wont be able to get wampa or hoda?

And we will have two days with absolutely **** all to do while people complete hoth TB?

Dont take content away please...
  • Ultra
    11515 posts Moderator
    Options
    Amoliski wrote: »
    Double drops this weekend
    Double drops on Ability and Zeta challenges

Just some from yesterday
  • Options
    To those saying it's about the rewards: it's about more than that. I like playing TB. It gives me a chance to use some of my lesser-used squads against increasingly challenging waves. It's as close to a practice mode as we get.

We've also had people working on R1 and Trooper teams for special missions that are just about ready to do them. It's a real beach to then have to say 'sorry, your work has been wasted because we are now doing GeoTB'
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

Just some from yesterday

2 x 0 = 0. Double drops are useless when the dropeate is so low. I'd prefer it if they instead changed the drop rate to 100% for those days, because then at least I'm guaranteed to get SOMETHING. But you're right, double drops are better than nothing, so it's nice when the bread and water gets upgraded to also include an apple.
  • TVF
    36612 posts Member
    Options
    Omnitopus wrote: »

Just some from yesterday

2 x 0 = 0. Double drops are useless when the dropeate is so low. I'd prefer it if they instead changed the drop rate to 100% for those days, because then at least I'm guaranteed to get SOMETHING. But you're right, double drops are better than nothing, so it's nice when the bread and water gets upgraded to also include an apple.

Your personal small sample size is not CG's fault.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

Just some from yesterday

Agree with this 100 %. Not only double drops on everything, but they staggered them. This is awesome!
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    Options
    To those saying it's about the rewards: it's about more than that. I like playing TB. It gives me a chance to use some of my lesser-used squads against increasingly challenging waves. It's as close to a practice mode as we get.

We've also had people working on R1 and Trooper teams for special missions that are just about ready to do them. It's a real beach to then have to say 'sorry, your work has been wasted because we are now doing GeoTB'

It happens all the time in this game though. Just part of it. For example, every time a new raid comes out there are some best teams, and people work on those teams, and then new teams are released/discovered that make the teams you just built obsolete.
  • Ultra
    11515 posts Moderator
    Options
    2 x 0 = 0 but 2 x 1 = 2

Everyone remembers the bad math and always seemingly forget the good math
  • Amoliski
    106 posts Member
    Options
    "Double drops on Ability and Zeta challenges"

Is that a 'generous gift and good decision' or is that the "We're canceling GA and looking to get your rewards to you in a different way."

Because if it's meant to be the GA makeup, 2 x on a low freaking drop rate event is the opposite of a good decision.
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    Options
    CG_TopHat wrote: »
    Couple things I wanted to hop in here and clarify.

1) Concurrently was my bad word choice. While concurrently means you will have access to both Hoth and Geonosis Territory Battles, you need to choose which one your Guild will participate in. I've been living with the "you must select a TB" thing for so long that I glossed over it in my head. My apologies, not my intention to be confusing.

2) I'm seeing a lot of questions about rewards. Generally they're along the lines of "Can I still receive GET from Geonosis?" CG_Cyanides recently wrote here that players would be able to get GET and GET MK II from Geonosis. So those players that are still pursuing Hermit Yoda, Wampa, and other goodies in the GET store can still make progress towards them WHILE also making progress on Geonosis goodies.

3) I'm also seeing a fair bit of consternation around how only one can be selected at a time. I'll offer that this decision didn't come lightly in the studio and that we considered a lot of different options. Through all of our planning this just made the most sense given the variety of different players and playstyles in the game. We want to give guilds who have mastered Hoth something to really challenge their strong rosters, while also giving other guilds incentives to work towards beating/building their rosters.

What other options where being thrown around??

Seems you all went with the very worst choice for players
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options

Just some from yesterday

Yup, should be a good opportunity to try and get some teams finished off for GA championships
  • Nadebotfm
    546 posts Member
    Options
    Monel wrote: »

Just some from yesterday

Yup, should be a good opportunity to try and get some teams finished off for GA championships

RIP to those who get 0 zeta mats from the challenges though lol
  • Ultra
    11515 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nadebotfm wrote: »

Just some from yesterday

Its going to be running for an entire week. You would have to have some really really bad luck to get 0 zeta mats from 6 sims (3 days of zeta challenges)
  • Nadebotfm
    546 posts Member
    Options

Just some from yesterday

Its going to be running for an entire week. You would have to have some really really bad luck to get 0 zeta mats from 6 sims (3 days of zeta challenges)

mate ive been weeks with 0 mats before
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options

Just some from yesterday

mate ive been weeks with 0 mats before

Hi I am Mat! Will you be my mate?
  • Options
    2 x 0 = 0 but 2 x 1 = 2

Everyone remembers the bad math and always seemingly forget the good math

I remember the good drops, got 8 total Anakin's ETA-2 shards today from 2 refreshes, including 4 out of 5 for the last refresh.
  • Options
    2) I'm seeing a lot of questions about rewards. Generally they're along the lines of "Can I still receive GET from Geonosis?" CG_Cyanides recently wrote here that players would be able to get GET and GET MK II from Geonosis. So those players that are still pursuing Hermit Yoda, Wampa, and other goodies in the GET store can still make progress towards them WHILE also making progress on Geonosis goodies.

Are you moving Malak to another store?!

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Adoy_IdeJ
    310 posts Member
    Options
    Couple things I wanted to hop in here and clarify.

3) I'm also seeing a fair bit of consternation around how only one can be selected at a time. I'll offer that this decision didn't come lightly in the studio and that we considered a lot of different options. Through all of our planning this just made the most sense given the variety of different players and playstyles in the game. We want to give guilds who have mastered Hoth something to really challenge their strong rosters, while also giving other guilds incentives to work towards beating/building their rosters.

There is another option. Run both at the same time. Or stagger them, how great it would be to have an event every week.... Or you know, choose whether or not you want to do both hoth and geo TB.

Or... how about, end game players/guilds, can do both, and just allow officers to move to the next territory rather than wait for days at a time. Most 150m+ guilds auto p1-4 anyway, so why not allow us to go through it at our own pace? P1 finished, click next, P2 is live. Even for weaker guilds who can only max 2* in a territory, let them move on to the next one once they realise they've done all they can.

There's a LOT you could have considered, but you've got for the "easy" option, and the option that penalises end game players. Weaker guilds don't have a choice. Endgame guilds can / want to play the game, give them the choice. There is NO reason whatsoever.

Well there is, you're wanting to slow people down from progressing, because you know the whales will keep spending regardless, and that the non whales are going to take longer to "win" or grow.

I'm sure you don't consider anything with much more than a passing thought on how much money it's going to potentially make you.

I'm disappointed.

Geo TB better be good, as better be the new raid / ships you're releasing - even then, TB could be much more efficient and fun if you allowed more autonomy. But you're not in this for the clients / customers...
  • Catarax28
    184 posts Member
    Options
    I'd really like the two IPD shards back!!!!!

If the number of TB's will stay the same, namely 2, then that excuse to give 1 shard instead of 2 cause we had an extra TB has become obsolete! I can understand that a 200 M GP guild, catching 100 shards that they can convert into gear in the Shard Store is a bit over the top. But my guild has 12 decent Imperial squads, and it'll take us THREE years to get IPD to 7*. Has CG done the math?? Or are they blindsighted by the whales again??

Don't tell me to have the whole guild get an imperial trooper squad. Some of my player invested in Rogue one instead of Imperials, and that has now become useless as well. Even with 50 imperial squads it will take 7 months to get IPD to 7*, mind you, that's longer then it takes to farm Traya.

We probably will never do a Hoth LS TB anymore as a guild, the value of G13 is just too much to ignore. Can I please get our investment back for Rogue One? Cause if you remove old content, you need to be fair to players that invested in that old content.
  • IronCross
    934 posts Member
    Options
    Add an additional bonus for those with Vader’s Fist and Rebel Scum titles. @CG_SBCrumb @CG_TopHat @CG_Carrie
  • Options
    Scrumpy wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb Let me get this rite, You bring in the most important gear piece this game has seen for quite some time, and you largely tie the acquisition of that piece to a new territory battle, no problem so far.
    You then add a new event currency to this tb, warning sounds begin to go off here.
    And finally you make it so we can only do the new or the old one.

Are you actively trying to break up the communities these events are designed for?
    Forcing guilds to split not necessarily due to power or ability but due to need. Some still require things from the original tb but competitive guilds will be chasing g13 not to mention those still chasing max stars.

As for it lessening the strain on the player base, hoth has almost become routine to many guilds now, it's not exactly taxing or time consuming.

For the life of me I cannot see the logic in this.

Please, please enlighten me.
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    They will run simultaneously but the guild's officers will choose which one your guild will participate in. You can't do both Geo TB and Hoth TB at the same time.

@CG_TopHat you want to way in on the devastating effect this will have on guilds also?

I've got to add, with the news of this coming out I thought well done CG, you've put the effort in and given us a great new challenging part to a game we love. But once again within a matter of hours you've turned it into another Up Yours gesture to the community.
    Congrats

The logic is that if you allowed both you'd give out too many crystals (and maybe GET) to middle of the road players.

My advice to CG is to have a free Hoth battle every 6months or so and bring back the 2 shards, that way completionists can get their stuff without sacrificing geo tb rewards,
  • Beyol
    328 posts Member
    Options
    They will run simultaneously but the guild's officers will choose which one your guild will participate in. You can't do both Geo TB and Hoth TB at the same time.

Well then your team needs to understand the definition of concurrently.

Actually he said ," run concurrently" , not play concurrently. So their wording is fine, it's your reading and understanding the whole of the sentence.
  • Beyol
    328 posts Member
    Options
    They never said you can play both at once, just that both will be running at once

Before criticizing others on how to use a word, lets learn to read first ok :smile:

I wanted to like this more than once. I see this a lot with forums and such.
  • Options
    To me this decision screams - "We have nobody technically skilled enough to figure out how to run both: so choose"
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

Well then your team needs to understand the definition of concurrently.
    I don't think it was used incorrectly

Both TBs are going to be running at the same time (concurrently) but you can only choose one of the two. As in, the dates will overlap in the monthly calendar

Actually only 1 be running at any given moment, you will have the option to choose which one to run. There will be nothing concurrent for any player in the game. Therefore making it improper use of the word.

It's not am improper use of the word at all..... Concurrently = happening at the same time....

If there is a baseball game and a basketball game on TV and they are both from 7pm-11pm on different channels, those games are happening concurrently..... The fact that you can only watch one game at a time doesnt change the fact that the games are concurrent.....
  • Options
    Who cares about the definition. The dev post was extremely confusing. I didn’t understand how them running together was less demanding. I didn’t understand there was a choice and it wasn’t both. That definitely needs to be edited for clarity.

Regardless though I’m super glad to be done with one of the territory battles. It was boring. It was long past time to move onto something more challenging. I support this move (so far).
    I can see a lot of people complaining that the game is time consuming when you have to play two TBs at once, especially for guild officers in charge of organizing and managing each phase

I don't think officers need to micromanage the first 3 to 4 phase of Hoth TB at all, even if you are in a decent GP guild imo (150 million GP)

I've seen people complain about Grand Arena being very time consuming (!). Personally, I can handle participating two Territory Battles but I understand where CG is coming from and cannot fault them for it

Or I don’t know...just spitballing here...run them at different times so we don’t lose content? 🤷🏼‍♂️. Just a thought. Making decisions is hard....