P2P shafted with malak release?

Prev134
I don’t plan ahead too well and always end up p2p’ing for major events like cls, jtr, JKR, DR and then DM which I would rather not but I don’t mind when it gives you a significant advantage.

Revan coming back too soon is a kick in the teeth after spending on that but the worse one is malak.

I’ve not spent any GE tokens except for on malak since his release, and I’m still 25 shards short from 7*. With their being a huge delay in TB recently, he’ll be released again within a few days of me 7*ing.

So where was the so called p2p advantage if we can barely even get to 7* before he’s re released?

Those who didn’t unlock knew to save their GE currency so they’ll 7* immediately. Bit harsh imo and I’ll have to re evaluate before considering ever spending on these events again.

Curious on other players thoughts on this.

Replies

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Was he announced again?
  • Dave12
    37 posts Member
    Options
    Really? We’ve all known the KOTOR characters would need to be geared up since last year. Are you saying you’ve done nothing but get those ready for the least several months with no side excursions for Padme? Or anything else? This game is defined by choices.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not certain you read his post. Or maybe its just me.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Dave12 wrote: »
    Really? We’ve all known the KOTOR characters would need to be geared up since last year. Are you saying you’ve done nothing but get those ready for the least several months with no side excursions for Padme? Or anything else? This game is defined by choices.

He did say that he doesn’t plan ahead well.
  • Options
    If you had Malak you were guaranteed rank 1 for 2 months or so. No rage time refreshes.. No attempt refreshes. Pays itself off
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Options
    Drevan returns after 80 days
    Jrevan returning after 110 days

I'll take 10 days early over 20 days late anyday. If you delayed this 20 days, then you are delaying Malak all the way to August. No thanks. Bring on the DR.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    There was a huge delay in TB?
  • TVF
    36773 posts Member
    Options
    First Crumb now this. Apparently TB is the new GA.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Except GA doesn't give GET so I'm not sure how that would have any bearing on this post.
  • TVF
    36773 posts Member
    Options
    Liath wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Except GA doesn't give GET so I'm not sure how that would have any bearing on this post.

Facts, logic, thought, bah! Where do you think you are?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Out of approx. 300k players on swgoh.gg, 13844 players in total has a Malak visible on top 100 (one can have it outside of top 100...but then would that matter whether he has it or not?)

That's %4.61 of that population slice. You call that p2p getting shafted?
  • Options
    I believe all the OP is trying to say is that people who got Malak the first time are only now promoting him to 7*. People who get Malak the second time will likely have saved up currency to get him to 7* immediately. This would mean that the first-timers won't have any exclusive time with a 7* Malak. I don't think P2P will really care about this, nor do I, but just thought I'd clarify the OP's concern here.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    HowieWan wrote: »
    I believe all the OP is trying to say is that people who got Malak the first time are only now promoting him to 7*. People who get Malak the second time will likely have saved up currency to get him to 7* immediately. This would mean that the first-timers won't have any exclusive time with a 7* Malak. I don't think P2P will really care about this, nor do I, but just thought I'd clarify the OP's concern here.

You don’t need an exclusive time with 7* Malak. He annihilates at 5*. And no, people are not just gonna get Malak and 7-star him in a week. It takes a lot of GET. There were a lot of people here that had been saving GET for weeks before the first Malak release anyway.

F2P think that they got screwed over with Malak, P2P think they got screwed over with Malak... man. CG can’t please anyone, can they?
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    HowieWan wrote: »

Understood, but has he been announced again? If so I missed it.

Also their exclusive time has been the last X days - whenever he was released to now, right?
  • Options
    You didn't pay enough
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Revan coming back too soon is a kick in the teeth after spending on that but the worse one is malak.

DRevan returns right on time. His first appearance was delayed.

When is Malak scheduled to return?

So where was the so called p2p advantage if we can barely even get to 7* before he’s re released?

Malak owners have had a huge advantage in both arena and GA. What are you on about.
    Those who didn’t unlock knew to save their GE currency so they’ll 7* immediately. Bit harsh imo and I’ll have to re evaluate before considering ever spending on these events again.

I'm sure, you bought some nice gear with those GET, which you benefitted from.
    Furthermore, it had been rumored/hinted long before Malak was announced, that we would need GET for a new character in the shop.
  • Options
    For another opinion. I have Malak, I also spent a lot of money to get him. Yet, I haven’t used him once. He’s sitting at 5* and g8 because I refuse to spend another $100 just to gear him up. I also don’t have enough GET to even 6* him. Imagine how I feel about spending so much on a character that I haven’t used once.
  • Options
    Danubiss wrote: »
    For another opinion. I have Malak, I also spent a lot of money to get him. Yet, I haven’t used him once. He’s sitting at 5* and g8 because I refuse to spend another $100 just to gear him up. I also don’t have enough GET to even 6* him. Imagine how I feel about spending so much on a character that I haven’t used once.

You didn't use him because you didn't want to, it's only you to blame...
  • Options

Did you read what I said? I didn’t use him because I refuse to spend another $100 just to gear him up. AND I don’t have enough GET tokens to even 6* him. If I pay $400 to unlock a character, I expect him to be 7*.
  • Options

Did you read what I said? I didn’t use him because I refuse to spend another $100 just to gear him up. AND I don’t have enough GET tokens to even 6* him. If I pay $400 to unlock a character, I expect him to be 7*.

They told you how his shards would be earned before you spent any money. I'm confused as to your expectations.
  • Options
    You should ask CG to introduce a new feature into GAC where you can pay $100 to prevent your opponent from using Malak in that match. I would be happy to sit Malak if I knew it cost you $100 lol.

Then you would p2p you’re way to winning.
  • Danubiss
    423 posts Member
    Options
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

They told you how his shards would be earned before you spent any money. I'm confused as to your expectations.

Please find me the post where they clearly stated “Malak will unlock at 5* and you will have to farm the rest up to 7* from the guild events store”. Please find for me, where exactly they said that. There was a lot of confusion when he was announced about how he would be unlocked, where it was 7* or not. They were not 100% clear on how Malak would unlock, they were also not forthcoming about having to spend $100+ just to gear him up. Try and blame me or the players all you want, it was a scummy move.
  • Mucro
    111 posts Member
    Options
    Please find me the post where they clearly stated “Malak will unlock at 5* and you will have to farm the rest up to 7* from the guild events store”. Please find for me, where exactly they said that. There was a lot of confusion when he was announced about how he would be unlocked, where it was 7* or not. They were not 100% clear on how Malak would unlock, they were also not forthcoming about having to spend $100+ just to gear him up. Try and blame me or the players all you want, it was a scummy move.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/200778/showdown-at-star-forge

They pretty clearly stated he would unlock at five stars, and that you would earn additional shards in the guild events store. I'm totally agreeing that CG normally isn't the best at communication, but this was seriously not one of those cases. If you really want to go "but they didn't specifically say you could only get him to five stars in the event!!", that's completely on you, not on CG.
  • Buddy
    197 posts Member
    Options
    I dunno about the overall scumminess (scuminess?) of the move in general, since it did seem a little like a flash event, but the riddle was posted April 9 and official announcement on April 10 for a launch of April 12.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/200778/showdown-at-star-forge#latest

In it they state directly that he unlocks at 5 and will be available in the GET store after unlock.

The confusion at the time was more for F2P players as to whether he’d be available to all from the store or if it was just for the players who unlocked him (spoiler alert: it was the players who unlocked him)
  • Danubiss
    423 posts Member
    Options
    Mucro wrote: »

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/200778/showdown-at-star-forge

They pretty clearly stated he would unlock at five stars, and that you would earn additional shards in the guild events store. I'm totally agreeing that CG normally isn't the best at communication, but this was seriously not one of those cases. If you really want to go "but they didn't specifically say you could only get him to five stars in the event!!", that's completely on you, not on CG.

Correct, it does. It does not say he will unlock at 5* and you have to pay for the rest. It says, he will unlock at 5* and then he will appear in the GET store. This could mean that you can unlock him at 5* in the event and then buy the rest. Nowhere does it say “you can only obtain 5* through the event”. The way they worded it was that it could be 7 tiers, unlocks at 5* and if you can’t complete the rest you can buy them. Again, that’s not on me.
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

Looks like you got your answer. Doesn't look all that scummy to me.
  • Buddy
    197 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Edit: triedto be a smartsss and it failed spectacularly. Never mind.
  • Danubiss
    423 posts Member
    Options
    Buddy wrote: »
    Edit: triedto be a smartsss and it failed spectacularly. Never mind.

Bit of a fail there, yeah?
  • Buddy
    197 posts Member
    Options
    Yup
  • Mucro
    111 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Danubiss, I sincerely hope you are aware of what they meant, and are just arguing semantics for some imaginary internet points. You're really the first person I see to complain about this, so clearly the fault lies with you for thinking they would give him to you at 7* and still offer shards in GETS to players who have him unlocked at 5*. Because that makes absolutely no sense at all... I'd understand your logic if he didn't require all characters to be 7* and 17.5k GP.

They also clearly stated that the event would have two phases, not seven like you suggest they worded it as.