P2P shafted with malak release?

Replies

• jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options
    Danubiss wrote: »
    Mucro wrote: »
    Please find me the post where they clearly stated “Malak will unlock at 5* and you will have to farm the rest up to 7* from the guild events store”. Please find for me, where exactly they said that. There was a lot of confusion when he was announced about how he would be unlocked, where it was 7* or not. They were not 100% clear on how Malak would unlock, they were also not forthcoming about having to spend $100+ just to gear him up. Try and blame me or the players all you want, it was a scummy move.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/200778/showdown-at-star-forge

They pretty clearly stated he would unlock at five stars, and that you would earn additional shards in the guild events store. I'm totally agreeing that CG normally isn't the best at communication, but this was seriously not one of those cases. If you really want to go "but they didn't specifically say you could only get him to five stars in the event!!", that's completely on you, not on CG.

Correct, it does. It does not say he will unlock at 5* and you have to pay for the rest. It says, he will unlock at 5* and then he will appear in the GET store. This could mean that you can unlock him at 5* in the event and then buy the rest. Nowhere does it say “you can only obtain 5* through the event”. The way they worded it was that it could be 7 tiers, unlocks at 5* and if you can’t complete the rest you can buy them. Again, that’s not on me.

Yeah. That's on you. CG isn't great at putting words together but this one was better than most. Then there was this clarification:

h98kc4c1y6uo.jpg
  • Danubiss
    423 posts Member
    Options
    Danubiss, I sincerely hope you are aware of what they meant, and are just arguing semantics for some imaginary internet points. You're really the first person I see to complain about this, so clearly the fault lies with you for thinking they would give him to you at 7* and still offer shards in GETS to players who have him unlocked at 5*. Because that makes absolutely no sense at all... I'd understand your logic if he didn't require all characters to be 7* and 17.5k GP.

They also clearly stated that the event would have two phases, not seven like you suggest they worded it as.

You clearly don’t understand a single thing I have said. If somebody pays $400 to unlock an “exclusive” character, that character should unlock at 7*. Not 5*. Their wording wasn’t 100% clear at all, there was lots of confusion about it. Why would I not be unhappy about paying $400 to unlock a character that is only 5* and then see that another $100+ is needed just to gear them? That’s pretty ridiculous
  • Danubiss
    423 posts Member
    Options
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Please find me the post where they clearly stated “Malak will unlock at 5* and you will have to farm the rest up to 7* from the guild events store”. Please find for me, where exactly they said that. There was a lot of confusion when he was announced about how he would be unlocked, where it was 7* or not. They were not 100% clear on how Malak would unlock, they were also not forthcoming about having to spend $100+ just to gear him up. Try and blame me or the players all you want, it was a scummy move.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/200778/showdown-at-star-forge

They pretty clearly stated he would unlock at five stars, and that you would earn additional shards in the guild events store. I'm totally agreeing that CG normally isn't the best at communication, but this was seriously not one of those cases. If you really want to go "but they didn't specifically say you could only get him to five stars in the event!!", that's completely on you, not on CG.

Correct, it does. It does not say he will unlock at 5* and you have to pay for the rest. It says, he will unlock at 5* and then he will appear in the GET store. This could mean that you can unlock him at 5* in the event and then buy the rest. Nowhere does it say “you can only obtain 5* through the event”. The way they worded it was that it could be 7 tiers, unlocks at 5* and if you can’t complete the rest you can buy them. Again, that’s not on me.

Yeah. That's on you. CG isn't great at putting words together but this one was better than most. Then there was this clarification:

h98kc4c1y6uo.jpg

Because I see every post made by a dev, on every thread, right?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Danubiss, I sincerely hope you are aware of what they meant, and are just arguing semantics for some imaginary internet points. You're really the first person I see to complain about this, so clearly the fault lies with you for thinking they would give him to you at 7* and still offer shards in GETS to players who have him unlocked at 5*. Because that makes absolutely no sense at all... I'd understand your logic if he didn't require all characters to be 7* and 17.5k GP.

They also clearly stated that the event would have two phases, not seven like you suggest they worded it as.

You clearly don’t understand a single thing I have said. If somebody pays $400 to unlock an “exclusive” character, that character should unlock at 7*. Not 5*. Their wording wasn’t 100% clear at all, there was lots of confusion about it. Why would I not be unhappy about paying $400 to unlock a character that is only 5* and then see that another $100+ is needed just to gear them? That’s pretty ridiculous

No. You chose to pay $400. (I don’t even know how that’s possible, tbh.) The game has no obligation to tailor its releases to what you think you deserve based on what you’re paying. You are presumably an adult and are capable of figuring out what you are getting for your money before deciding to spend it, and making an informed decision about whether it’s worth it for you. You could have gotten answers to your questions, including what the gear was that Malak required, before spending any money. If you just blindly threw your money away, that’s all on you.
  • Danubiss
    423 posts Member
    Options
    Liath wrote: »

No. You chose to pay $400. (I don’t even know how that’s possible, tbh.) The game has no obligation to tailor its releases to what you think you deserve based on what you’re paying. You are presumably an adult and are capable of figuring out what you are getting for your money before deciding to spend it, and making an informed decision about whether it’s worth it for you. You could have gotten answers to your questions, including what the gear was that Malak required, before spending any money. If you just blindly threw your money away, that’s all on you.

They released a legendary character, at 5*. Which they’d never done before. They released “new” gear to gear up this character which you would have to pay for if you wanted to gear them. That’s not on me. I run a business, I would never treat my customers the way that CG/EA treat theirs. I’d be out of business within a day if I did.
    Also, I live in Australia. Packs and things you buy in GoH cost a lot more for me than they do in America.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options

h98kc4c1y6uo.jpg

You apparently weren’t looking, you apparently don’t care, and you’re unnecessarily rude to everyone here. We know that you’re mad because you didn’t plan well, or don’t want to spend more than you did, but that’s on you.
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options

h98kc4c1y6uo.jpg

If I was going to spend $400 on a mobile game character I'd at least read every post in the mega thread about his release. Also, I think we've fulfilled this request:
    Please find me the post where they clearly stated “Malak will unlock at 5* and you will have to farm the rest up to 7* from the guild events store”. Please find for me, where exactly they said that.
  • Danubiss
    423 posts Member
    Options
    Nihion wrote: »

h98kc4c1y6uo.jpg

You apparently weren’t looking, you apparently don’t care, and you’re unnecessarily rude to everyone here. We know that you’re mad because you didn’t plan well, or don’t want to spend more than you did, but that’s on you.

How have I been rude to anybody? Please, do show me how. You guys can think the way they released Malak was acceptable all you want. It wasn’t, nor will it ever be. It’s also the very reason I have not spent a single cent on this game since.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options

They released a legendary character, at 5*. Which they’d never done before. They released “new” gear to gear up this character which you would have to pay for if you wanted to gear them. That’s not on me. I run a business, I would never treat my customers the way that CG/EA treat theirs. I’d be out of business within a day if I did.
    Also, I live in Australia. Packs and things you buy in GoH cost a lot more for me than they do in America.

A: Some people in America pay thousands for each new character, so I don’t really know what you’re getting at.
    B: Malak is not a legendary character. He had a new release style, and he’s the best character in the game as of late. You have to work to get him, even if you pay.
    C: Cool, you have a great business, but you’re wrong. This game has lasted 3.5 years, so it’s doing something right...
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

They didn’t release the new gear with Malak, they released it with Darth Revan, so it was already established before you ever got to Malak and shouldn’t have been a surprise. And the gear requirements were released in advance, so again, you could have learned them before deciding to spend. Not paying attention to what you’re buying before deciding to buy it is 100% on you. If you don’t like the value offered then don’t pay it.
  • xxragnarjsxx
    244 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    1) you’ll still have a pay to play gold Malak for some time before the new Malak become 7⭐️

2) TRUE whales had him g12 the first day. They did in my shard.

3) OP post is dumb.
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    Options

Legendary characters are all 5 star unlock. Thrawn / padme / emperor for example

What type of business do you run ? I too run one , and we constantly plan things in a way that makes us profitable. In fact I would say every move we make is intended to take money from customers in exchange for goods. This is what business is.
  • Options
    "I don’t plan ahead too well," well then, this will be a little lesson on saving all currency, so next time you'll have the new shiny 7*, regardless of how it's released.
  • Options
    Stick wrote: »

Legendary characters are all 5 star unlock. Thrawn / padme / emperor for example

What type of business do you run ? I too run one , and we constantly plan things in a way that makes us profitable. In fact I would say every move we make is intended to take money from customers in exchange for goods. This is what business is.

He is right they have never released a legendary that unlocks at a maximum 5 star and you have to farm the rest somewhere else. Padmé, Thrawn both unlock at 5* but you can unlock 6* and 7* in the events. With Malak you can't unlock anything past 5* in the event.

Although it's funny to watch people argue while completely missing the point each other is making, I thought I'd help out.
  • jfears2
    188 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I'm selling pitchforks and torches, I'm thinking it's gonna be a pretty profitable business. Oh and don't worry I'll be up front, my pitchforks come with only 5 prongs and you have to earn the other two to get a full 7 pronged pitchfork.. but don't worry, the 5 pronged pitchfork is fully functioning as long as it's used correctly, it just doesn't do as much damage as the 7 prong one.

Oh and by the way, you have to buy the fire for the torch. This business has to make a profit somehow.

You may want to buy an extra can of fire though, I hear whale tears put fire out pretty quickly.
    You can probably assume the majority of what I post is sarcasm, feel free to skip and move along rather than reading...
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    Options
    jfears2 wrote: »
    I'm selling pitchforks and torches, I'm thinking it's gonna be a pretty profitable business. Oh and don't worry I'll be up front, my pitchforks come with only 5 prongs and you have to earn the other two to get a full 7 pronged pitchfork.. but don't worry, the 5 pronged pitchfork is fully functioning as long as it's used correctly, it just doesn't do as much damage as the 7 prong one.

Oh and by the way, you have to buy the fire for the torch. This business has to make a profit somehow.

You may want to buy an extra can of fire though, I hear whale tears put fire out pretty quickly.

No. This is more like

Hey we’re selling pitchforks. We just invented it.

Ya well it better do a good job digging for $400.

No its for pitching and worth more and we created it and you don’t understand what went into making it.

I want to speak to your manager. You can’t run a company this way.

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options

He is right they have never released a legendary that unlocks at a maximum 5 star and you have to farm the rest somewhere else. Padmé, Thrawn both unlock at 5* but you can unlock 6* and 7* in the events. With Malak you can't unlock anything past 5* in the event.

Although it's funny to watch people argue while completely missing the point each other is making, I thought I'd help out.

So you’re new.

Malak is not a traditional legendary character, in fact, he’s his own category entirely. Legendary characters include Padmé, Chewie, C3PO, Thrawn, R2-D2, BB-8, GMY, and Palpatine. My goodness we have a lot now.
  • Options
    In the first battle, you’ll face Darth Malak using Jedi Knight Revan and any four of the characters needed to unlock Jedi Knight Revan (Bastila Shan, Jolee Bindo, T3-M4, Mission, and Zaalbar). The second battle will require Darth Revan with any four of the characters that unlocked Darth Revan, Canderous Ordo, Carth Onasi, Juhani, HK-47 and Bastila Shan (Fallen). Darth Malak shards will appear in the Guild Event Store when you unlock Darth Malak at Five Stars.

That last sentence there made it pretty obvious what he came at star wise. Lets see it says 5 then you can buy the rest from the event store. So what confused you
  • Options
    For another opinion. I have Malak, I also spent a lot of money to get him. Yet, I haven’t used him once. He’s sitting at 5* and g8 because I refuse to spend another $100 just to gear him up. I also don’t have enough GET to even 6* him. Imagine how I feel about spending so much on a character that I haven’t used once.

You didn't use him because you didn't want to, it's only you to blame...

Did you read what I said? I didn’t use him because I refuse to spend another $100 just to gear him up. AND I don’t have enough GET tokens to even 6* him. If I pay $400 to unlock a character, I expect him to be 7*.

I have him and didn't spend a penny on gearing him. I did a mix of farming and using arena won crystals to get the kryotechs. He's been very useful.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    1) you’ll still have a pay to play gold Malak for some time before the new Malak become 7⭐️

3) OP post is dumb.

TRUE whales, lmao
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Pay money to gear him........ So in the time from unlocking him to now you have not made enough crystals from arenas to buy the gear?

Wow... That's impressive in its own way.
  • Options
    I worked on separatist droids, I only took them to g8 (the usual journey requirement)
    Dave12 wrote: »
    Really? We’ve all known the KOTOR characters would need to be geared up since last year. Are you saying you’ve done nothing but get those ready for the least several months with no side excursions for Padme? Or anything else? This game is defined by choices.

• Options
    As for the **** saying I should have saved GE tokens, we had 3 days notice. How can I save GE tokens at 3 days notice, how could we anticipate his GE token price would be double HY or Wampas. How could we anticipate journeys would require g12 and zetas? I had planned for basic journey 7* g8 and that wasn’t enough so had to spend (I don’t mind that too much) but we’ve had no 7* malak to warrant our spend. I can 7+ in a week or so, he’ll be released a week later and f2p will 7* g12 instantly. No advantage, won’t be spending again simple as that. All you dossers can moan about p2p, but we stop paying and your game dies.
  • UdalCuain
    5050 posts Member
    Options
    As for the **** saying I should have saved GE tokens, we had 3 days notice. How can I save GE tokens at 3 days notice, how could we anticipate his GE token price would be double HY or Wampas. How could we anticipate journeys would require g12 and zetas? I had planned for basic journey 7* g8 and that wasn’t enough so had to spend (I don’t mind that too much) but we’ve had no 7* malak to warrant our spend. I can 7+ in a week or so, he’ll be released a week later and f2p will 7* g12 instantly. No advantage, won’t be spending again simple as that. All you dossers can moan about p2p, but we stop paying and your game dies.

I think a fair few forum regulars starting hoarding GET tokens a month or two before Malak was released, as it was hinted in a Dev post more characters would be going into the GET store.
  • Mucro
    111 posts Member
    Options

Except they explicitly stated that this was not an ordinary event, and that it was a completely new thing. The fact that it was only two battles and not seven should have given this away, but apparently not for all. What did Danubiss expect? That he would be able to continue to earn shards from the same two battles he had already completed? In that case, why would they even bother releasing shards in the store also, if you were already able to complete the only two battles for unlocking 5*? I really don't get the logic behind that thinking.

So yes, he is right that they have never released a legendary character that unlocks at maximum five stars. But this wasn't that type of event. And all the signs and messages very clearly indicated so.
  • jfears2
    188 posts Member
    Options
    jfears2 wrote: »

No. This is more like

Hey we’re selling pitchforks. We just invented it.

Ya well it better do a good job digging for $400.

No its for pitching and worth more and we created it and you don’t understand what went into making it.

I want to speak to your manager. You can’t run a company this way.

But your ruining my beautiful imagery :wink:
    You can probably assume the majority of what I post is sarcasm, feel free to skip and move along rather than reading...
  • Options

Except they explicitly stated that this was not an ordinary event, and that it was a completely new thing. The fact that it was only two battles and not seven should have given this away, but apparently not for all. What did Danubiss expect? That he would be able to continue to earn shards from the same two battles he had already completed? In that case, why would they even bother releasing shards in the store also, if you were already able to complete the only two battles for unlocking 5*? I really don't get the logic behind that thinking.

So yes, he is right that they have never released a legendary character that unlocks at maximum five stars. But this wasn't that type of event. And all the signs and messages very clearly indicated so.

What the event could have been was earn enough shards to unlock from the light side mission (tier 1), then complete the dark side (tier 2) or vice versa to complete the 7* upgrade. Hence, if you couldn’t do one of the tiers, he would be in the store for you to “purchase”. It’s honestly not that difficult to understand where that train of thought comes from. There was no 100% certainty about his release. None.

Yeah, if I pay to unlock a character I 100% expect that character to be at 7*. Yes, it’s my decision if I want to pay and nobody is forcing me. Again, if I do pay, I expect it to be 7* because that’s what every other event has given.
  • Options

What the event could have been was earn enough shards to unlock from the light side mission (tier 1), then complete the dark side (tier 2) or vice versa to complete the 7* upgrade. Hence, if you couldn’t do one of the tiers, he would be in the store for you to “purchase”. It’s honestly not that difficult to understand where that train of thought comes from. There was no 100% certainty about his release. None.

Yeah, if I pay to unlock a character I 100% expect that character to be at 7*. Yes, it’s my decision if I want to pay and nobody is forcing me. Again, if I do pay, I expect it to be 7* because that’s what every other event has given.

It could have been. Except that in the event mega thread they said it wasn't. It was clearly stated that you had to complete both battles to unlock Malak at 5*.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

3) OP post is dumb.

TRUE whales, lmao

Perhaps I should have said “REAL whales, in the most accurate sense of the word” already have had him g11&12 or 7⭐️ Since mere days after the event. Which was the case for the whales in my shard and others.
    That paywall gear isn’t an issue for their crystal hoards and wallets. Also, many saved GET currency for some time.

Point is, they had their time with the advantage already, and as they are all becoming 7⭐️ Right now for those that didn’t have GET saved, they all still have the advantage for a while when event returns and others have to save and max.