Looking into issue with Grand Arena Championship

Replies

• Options
    Sicnyc wrote: »
    This is amazing.
    So there isn’t a single programmer over at CG who can figure out how to open this up for those locked from fighting?
    Instead I just wasted the last hour and a half of my life for nothing and I’ll have to do it all over again.
    Top notch programming job on new content as usual guys.
    Great job.

It’s probably a workflow that can’t be reverted to a previous state or something. Even if it could be reverted, there’s no guarantee that the cached data won’t interfere with the updated information.
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Eric says they are discussing compensation since this round is a wash. Zetas and high level mod slicing material like what we would have gotten from regular gran arena would be great. The double drops didn't quite cover it.

Yeah double drops didn't cover it. I've never failed to get at least 2 zetas in each GA and the double drops gave me 0
  • Options
    Good luck? They need to do their jobs.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Beyol wrote: »
    You know you complainers sound so childish. Why don't you get a job doing this and play your own game if this one bothers you that much. Childish.

I don't know, even I can't really defend this one.

Seems like having this run on the weekend might not have been the best idea.

When TVF starts dropping some criticism you know its bad!
  • Options
    Every time. No other developers release on Friday nights and then stay home on the weekend while frustrated consumers twiddle their thumbs. Get a sane midweek release plan With Mitigation strategies, and Become customer focused before it's too late. This is 2019 and you are operating in the 80's.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    How embarrassing, who in their right mind releases a broken p.o.s.?
    Literally everyone who has ever released a program ever. Bugs happen. It's a fact of life. Especially when a product is live.

There was a minor bug. They fixed it live. That created a conflict that caused a critical error. It's nothing outlandish. Things happen when you mess with a live program.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    MChris wrote: »
    Still brocken

Yeah mine is brocken too
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options
    Darc wrote: »
    Seems to be working for meocco1zefm01h.png

No one likes a show off :p

Also, way to go on showing your and your opponent’s front line defense
  • Options
    Looks like they are deploying a hotfix in about 45 min...
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    sying wrote: »
    Ain't like it's anything unconventional.

Gasp! Several of the most common defensive teams in the game are on defense! Who would have guessed?
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Nasdadjr wrote: »
    OldBoy wrote: »
    If it didn't have Star Wars in the name, it would have failed long ago

This is 100% true. Star Wars name allows incompetence like this to go unpunished

It’s true, but keep in mind they probably pay a lot for that license in some form or another. That is money that isn’t going to actually improving the gameplay of the game.
  • Options
    Per Strubz comment they need to take away currency from feats earned by those who were allowed to accomplish ones the rest of us werent.
  • Options
    Nasdadjr wrote: »
    OldBoy wrote: »
    If it didn't have Star Wars in the name, it would have failed long ago

This is 100% true. Star Wars name allows incompetence like this to go unpunished

It’s true, but keep in mind they probably pay a lot for that license in some form or another. That is money that isn’t going to actually improving the gameplay of the game.

No that money is paid for the name to get job security. Unfortunately for them the Star Wars name can not save them forever. When the game dies at some point all of these developers will have to look for work with new games. When your resume is working for a huge name game that constantly failed whenever a new product came out that is when these people will feel the real sting of their lack of attention to detail as they miss out on job after job
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    sying wrote: »
    Ain't like it's anything unconventional.

Gasp! Several of the most common defensive teams in the game are on defense! Who would have guessed?

Maybe at that level those are common. Knowing who is where helps planning. But what do I know?
  • Options
    My concern is that some people have not had this fault and it will not be a level playing field in GA unless you do a full reset.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Came back after 30 minutes or so
  • Options
    Kluge wrote: »
    @CG_Erik These aren't "kinks" these are outright failures to adhere to a simple premise...attention to detail! Your entire outfit should be ashamed of the product you're presenting to the consumers.

I killed all enemy teams with undermanned squads. Sometimes just 1 vs 5, I usually ended with full protection and always full hp...

I did the absolute best I could do, checked leaderboards and people have 500 more points than me.

why?how is that possible? well the game gave them more combat to do so I just got screwed by the devs.

Even if the game wasn't crashing this whole world champion points battle is rigged to the max and this event was an absolute failure on every front.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Gorem wrote: »
    Hahaha so much is broken

Why start this over a weekend? Was it the same person who made you guys always post big controversial posts on Fridays too?

Can CG get anything right before a weekend? More at 11!
    From a project planning standpoint, the weekend issue cuts both ways.

The event has a two day lead in to the first attack on day three. They did the title update in two parts, with the second part falling on Wednesday. That title update came at the beginning of the week, so that if anything went wrong they could deal with it. It also meant that the first opportunity for starting the GAC exhibition was Thursday.

This left them with two options for the timeline.

Option 1) Wait until Monday. This seems to be your suggestion. It also means a four day delay that could have been used testing GAC. For this specific error? It sounds like they found a bug during the week and resolved it. The fix caused a caching issue with the live GAC that resulted in an irrecoverable critical error. If that had happened during the week while people were still in the office, the situation would be no different. The critical error would still have occurred. The exhibition would still need to be restarted. This time, the error would have happened on Wednesday, and the restart would have to be on Thursday or Friday, pushing production back 7-8 days, or worse, wait until the following Monday, pushing production back 11 days.

Option 2) Do what they did. Launch Thursday. Fix bug. Critical error strikes Saturday. Event is scrubbed. They can relaunch Monday or Tuesday, having already fixed at least one error and collected data. Production gets pushed to the right 4-5 days, to within one day of your suggested initial launch of Monday, but this time they've addressed an additional bug and resolved a critical error.

"Don't launch on Friday," is a good rule of thumb. It is not gospel.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Ga is so dam unfair I’m 300k gp behind thanks u guys are best
  • Options
    The whole point of this first GAC was to get the bugs out and able to be fixed... Complaining doesn’t help, well... it does kinda help, but not loads.

Complaining doesnt help... reporting bugs doesnt help. Giving them the benefit of the doubt doesnt help..... players get jobbed no matter what we do...
  • Options
    Still waiting on the fix... Want to get these feats completed before I go to sleep...smh
  • Options
    Wxrlock that is the problem you were allowed to start them while others werent they need to take back those rewards already earned and anything bought with them as 98% of players were not allowed to attempt those feats
  • kieltrx
    129 posts Member
    Options
    Well, like I said, gac exhibition cancelled due to bug. Everything is still within the plan.
  • Options
    At least they called it a exhibition (test) and it's 1 week only.

When the real GAC fails next time it will be interesting what they come up with as a solution mid GAC.
  • Ultra
    11541 posts Moderator
    Options
    We also have a 5 week exhibition fyi
  • Monel
    2788 posts Member
    Options
    Beyol wrote: »
    You know you complainers sound so childish. Why don't you get a job doing this and play your own game if this one bothers you that much. Childish.

I don't know, even I can't really defend this one.

Seems like having this run on the weekend might not have been the best idea.

Your final check is in the mail. Thank you for your service.

-CG
  • Options
    Given that the issue appears to just be due to cached data @cg_erik surely the simplest solution is just to tell everyone experiencing the issue to just go into their phone's settings, into apps, find Heroes in the list, go into its Storage section and choose the "Clear Cache" option. Then just restart your device and go get your GAC on!
  • Tarah
    202 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    The division is base on global gp, the match only in character gp, so is ok if u fight ppl from other divisione....