Grand Arena Championships MEGATHREAD

Replies

• Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    Ghost271 wrote: »
    CG do you know that modding, re-modding, upgrading and slicing mods is part of preparing for ga?
    Did you know that ome has to spend ingame currency to do so?
    Did you ever come across the aspect that these preps are going to be temporary?
    Did you know some players take time of their day to study the opposing roster?

So you figured rewarding us 1 credit would be a nice gesture?

Feels like getting the middle finger...

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/207003/looking-into-issue-with-grand-arena-championship#latest
    Rewards on monday.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • RWTD_Burn
    141 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Change management. Seriously CG. Take a class on it and learn how to manage your changes. Most people in IT would be fired for releasing broken changes into a production environment once or twice, let alone every **** update.

Here is a basic guild to get you started.

https://www.nickols.us/change.pdf
    RWTD_Burn - Bears with Sabers
    https://swgoh.gg/u/rwtdBurn/
  • Options
    Thanks again for the 3 credits devs!!! Next time try testing your garbage before launching it to the community!
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    I thank you for your dedication, even if you're screaming into the void.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Don’t forget to reset the lifetime banners, please. It’s not fair to people who didn’t get a chance to attack before you pulled the plug.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Are we keeping our score? My scores still there, and mine wasn't bugged, so am I permanently above everyone forever?
  • Options
    What a joke. 1 credit reward. Why bother
  • Я_Машино
    4 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    [Redacted]
    Post edited by Я_Машино on
  • Options
    wow I just received 1 credit!!!! yay!! ugh
  • nightwar
    17 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Ii agree with Suprème_Lèader_Tsao, reset all "points" on last run
  • Beaks
    73 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Should be;
    95h72ypg1l4b.gif

But we get; Back to work! Gotta fix the game!

g7kk1pyjdhbg.gif
  • Options
    They could’ve set the temporary reward to be anything... and likely should’ve set it to be whatever we missed out on from the victories we could’ve earned in GA (800K in my division). But they made it three credits. I’m not even going to claim them.
  • Robmoo
    24 posts Member
    Options
    I lost based on a tie? Really Emmer Effers? One credit? What an insult! Eff U!
  • IndyStarfarer
    18 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Robmoo wrote: »

Yeah, I was thinking the same, 1 credit = insulting, but apparently they are supposed to regroup and re-reward us on Monday. I was going to vent and rant, but I'll wait and see what happens on Monday.

As for losing on a tie, that's been historic GA policy. Ties are then won or lost based on GP. I, too, 'lost', as my opponent had a slightly higher GP than I.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Not even Chewie shards. Good old days when we were properly compansated.
  • Options
    See the thing is, this game as we see it is probably 2 months behind....

I've worked for a programming company, and at minimum we were 2 weeks ahead of what end users are seeing.... Now that said, they tried, they tested, they probably did everything under the sun..... But when they released the hotfix, they forgot the clear the database cache tables. It's human error when say one line of code changes, everything has to be synchronized etc.

Now I do not know the inner workings of everything, but I'm positive thar It was not intentional. It sucks yes absolutely, but all anyone can do is wait till Monday. Those guys/girls put in a lot of time, I can't program, but I work with programmers.. it's not as easy as anyone. Would think
  • Options
    So do we know if it will restart based on the previous metrics or be refreshed to include any GP changes? If so, I've passed a GP threshold so will be in the bottom% of my new division rather than top% of my prev division... :/
  • Lordih
    62 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    the GA was canceled. but the points are stay ? that would be unfair to all who did not have the opportunity to fight. Rewards for things that you can do outside the GA will falsify the outcome if someone is a good GA player or not (15 wins in the fleewegjgav1r6yn.jpeg
    t arena).
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Nosnikta wrote: »
    Thanks again for the 3 credits devs!!! Next time try testing your garbage before launching it to the community!
    Rewards come Monday.
    Also this WAS the test before launching it to the community.
    ncofishing wrote: »
    Rewards come Monday.
    I just received 5 credits for my efforts, amazing compensation. Nevermind the fact that I didn't get a chance to earn points, so I'm stuck behind people who had a chance to complete feats and clear territories. Is this because I don't spend enough money on your game?
    Rewards come Monday.
    nightwar wrote: »
    Rewards come Monday.
    Rewards come Monday.
    No_Try wrote: »
    Rewards come Monday.
    Croaker wrote: »
    Rewards Monday my ****, it’s a freaking mobile game with millions of players, they don’t give a **** about the community
    DUBSTEP REMIX: Rewards come................................................................. Monnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Also, if they didn't give a bunch of stars about the community they wouldn't have scrubbed this event, wouldn't give any make-good, and wouldn't push back the live event so there can be another test event.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Great. Before GA started i had a rank around 2000.

This GA is finished. I could not attack and do anything but now it says my new rank is > 10000
  • Options
    ufrlvb39ucje.png
    is there even a moment you had any shame guys ? :D I played it before knowing you messed up (shoulda known better) and all i get for spending time is 1 crédits ? I wonder if in the lore of sw if i could even buy a can beer with that...
  • Options
    What a waste of precious time...
    :#
  • Lordih
    62 posts Member
    Options
    vp7kwr27xdyd.png
    Yes I‘m ready but....? Is the Game ready ?
  • TVF
    36633 posts Member
    Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Rewards come Monday.
    Rewards come Monday.
    I just received 5 credits for my efforts, amazing compensation. Nevermind the fact that I didn't get a chance to earn points, so I'm stuck behind people who had a chance to complete feats and clear territories. Is this because I don't spend enough money on your game?
    Rewards come Monday.
    Rewards come Monday.
    Rewards come Monday.
    Rewards come Monday.
    Rewards Monday my ****, it’s a freaking mobile game with millions of players, they don’t give a **** about the community
    DUBSTEP REMIX: Rewards come................................................................. Monnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Also, if they didn't give a bunch of stars about the community they wouldn't have scrubbed this event, wouldn't give any make-good, and wouldn't push back the live event so there can be another test event.

These 3 credits are a joke

Reading is good.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Rewards come Monday.
    Rewards come Monday.
    Rewards come Monday.
    Rewards come Monday.
    Rewards come Monday.
    Rewards come Monday.

No, there's clearly something in place that every round must have a reward for winning or losing. They set it to the minimum so that we would get nothing--or, rather, next to nothing--and then the rewards Monday will be the actual rewards.

Should it have been more than 1 credit? Yeah, probably, but what number would satisfy you short of them giving Monday's rewards yesterday? If they gave 100k per round, people would kvetch "Only 300k for this fiasco? You've got to be joking me!" If they gave a million, people would complain that they didn't get anything on Monday.

Let's just wait and see what we actually get before breaking out the pitchforks.
    garath wrote: »
    ufrlvb39ucje.png
    is there even a moment you had any shame guys ? :D I played it before knowing you messed up (shoulda known better) and all i get for spending time is 1 crédits ? I wonder if in the lore of sw if i could even buy a can beer with that...

Rewards come Monday.
  • TVF
    36633 posts Member
    Options
    Watch out Nic, you're gonna be trying to steal the paycheck I'm still waiting on soon.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Rewards come Monday.
    Rewards come Monday.
    Rewards come Monday.
    Rewards come Monday.
    Rewards come Monday.
    Rewards come Monday.

No, there's clearly something in place that every round must have a reward for winning or losing. They set it to the minimum so that we would get nothing--or, rather, next to nothing--and then the rewards Monday will be the actual rewards.

Should it have been more than 1 credit? Yeah, probably, but what number would satisfy you short of them giving Monday's rewards yesterday? If they gave 100k per round, people would kvetch "Only 300k for this fiasco? You've got to be joking me!" If they gave a million, people would complain that they didn't get anything on Monday.

Let's just wait and see what we actually get before breaking out the pitchforks.
    garath wrote: »
    ufrlvb39ucje.png

Rewards come Monday.

Poor Erik on monday's meeting table though. This is the new chewie shards for the community at large now xD
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Watch out Nic, you're gonna be trying to steal the paycheck I'm still waiting on soon.

I don’t need it, I still have all my Soros paychecks coming in. Busy season is about to kick off, too.