Grand Arena Championships MEGATHREAD

Replies

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    They’ve rigged they matchmaking so that players who have a lot of g11 teams with zetas and not many fully developed teams have a huge advantage.

Those players can’t do full combat in TB. They don’t do well in HSR. They don’t do well in TW and they have mediocre arena teams at best. But CG has decided that a strategy (or lack thereof) that doesn’t work for any other part of the game should be rewarded with heavily skewed matchmaking in their favor.

The only word for it is dumb. Well, there are other words. But the more accurate ones get censored 🤬

No players that looks like you defined exists in my leagues, how come?

Because your GP is 4.8 million. It's not possible for you to be matched with someone with up to 50% more GP than you. Have you seen any 7.2 million GP players in the game?

You've probably been playing since the game launched, or soon after. So you've had as much time as anyone to farm zetas and mods. You don't get matched with someone who has had up to a year longer to farm both.

When you're at 3.1 million, it's a problem. Every player I faced looked like this. I have more G12 toons. But they have a far more g11 toons. And a lot more zetas. They're able to put a mix of g11/g12 teams with full zetas in every defensive slot and still have twice as many viable teams for offense as I have.

If I don't clear everything with one attack, I run out of teams for offense. To have a chance to clear everything on one attempt, I have to set relatively weak teams on defense that my opponent can beat with multiple attacks. He had roughly six more viable GA teams at his disposal.

6x688z7w3xoo.png

Just because it doesn't unfairly affect you, that doesn't mean matchmaking isn't broken.

It effects me too, just in different ways. I happen to have 88 g12s which goes over the 80 top toon slice, since low end of my top slice also is of high gp, that difference can be filled with stuff more worthy with MM with opponents that has g11-10s on their low end of the slice.

I face way more g13s already and way better mods, I lost to someone in round 2 because of mods difference, the total difference in that part was huge. Current algo as far as we know is also blind to things like that...in this type of differences will also increase over time where high gp players will end up facing huge g13 disparities even before we are done with exhibition season.

Anyway, doesn't your current state tell you, you need more teams? Whether the algo stays or changes, you should heed that call. Get those -not yet maxed- teams your opponents have.

Having better mods is a fair advantage when you've had the same amount of time to farm them.

Having more zetas is a fair advantage when you've had the same amount of time to farm them.

Having more viable teams is a fair advantage when you've had the same amount of time to farm them.

What's not fair is matching someone who has played the game for a year longer against someone who is building a stronger roster, but hasn't had time to put anywhere near the same amount of resources into their account.

Your suggestion that I need to develop more teams is ridiculous. I develop teams as quickly as I am able to. Which is faster than almost every other f2p player and faster even than some p2p players.

When I build teams, I finish them. As I finish more teams, I will be matched with players with an even greater GP advantage.

The problem is, at my GP the optimal GA strategy would be to develop teams to borderline g11/g12, just below the 60 toon threshold where they won't count towards my "relevant" GP. Over time, this would lead to me being matched with lower GP accounts that have no chance against me.

The problem is that conflicts with optimal strategy in every other area of the game. If I take GG, geos, padme, etc. to just below that threshold, they will be viable in GA, but completely useless in TB. They will be easily defeated in TW where you only need four offensive teams and four defensive teams per player. They won't be useful in raids. And obviously they won't be viable in arena.

The sad part is they had a solution to their problem before they overcomplicated it.

They wanted everyone to have fun. And by having fun, they thought everyone should be able to win. All they had to do was keep matchmaking based on GP and let the different leagues match stronger players against each other and weaker players with those at their own level.

The players with stronger rosters would move up to higher leagues and face tougher competition. While the weaker players would stay back and face easier competition. They would have a fair chance to win. Rather than gifting them the unfair advantage they have now.

I simply don't agree, old scheme was giving me hugely unfair match-ups with way leaner rosters at the same gp as me. While not perfect, new scheme is generating better results where I'm either unsure to win or can't win in each of my matches, but I consider the advantage my opponents have over me fair ones. And I don't consider lop-sidedness to my advantage on every match-ups a criteria for fairness either.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    They’ve rigged they matchmaking so that players who have a lot of g11 teams with zetas and not many fully developed teams have a huge advantage.

Those players can’t do full combat in TB. They don’t do well in HSR. They don’t do well in TW and they have mediocre arena teams at best. But CG has decided that a strategy (or lack thereof) that doesn’t work for any other part of the game should be rewarded with heavily skewed matchmaking in their favor.

The only word for it is dumb. Well, there are other words. But the more accurate ones get censored 🤬

Because your GP is 4.8 million. It's not possible for you to be matched with someone with up to 50% more GP than you. Have you seen any 7.2 million GP players in the game?

You've probably been playing since the game launched, or soon after. So you've had as much time as anyone to farm zetas and mods. You don't get matched with someone who has had up to a year longer to farm both.

When you're at 3.1 million, it's a problem. Every player I faced looked like this. I have more G12 toons. But they have a far more g11 toons. And a lot more zetas. They're able to put a mix of g11/g12 teams with full zetas in every defensive slot and still have twice as many viable teams for offense as I have.

If I don't clear everything with one attack, I run out of teams for offense. To have a chance to clear everything on one attempt, I have to set relatively weak teams on defense that my opponent can beat with multiple attacks. He had roughly six more viable GA teams at his disposal.

6x688z7w3xoo.png

Just because it doesn't unfairly affect you, that doesn't mean matchmaking isn't broken.

It effects me too, just in different ways. I happen to have 88 g12s which goes over the 80 top toon slice, since low end of my top slice also is of high gp, that difference can be filled with stuff more worthy with MM with opponents that has g11-10s on their low end of the slice.

I face way more g13s already and way better mods, I lost to someone in round 2 because of mods difference, the total difference in that part was huge. Current algo as far as we know is also blind to things like that...in this type of differences will also increase over time where high gp players will end up facing huge g13 disparities even before we are done with exhibition season.

Anyway, doesn't your current state tell you, you need more teams? Whether the algo stays or changes, you should heed that call. Get those -not yet maxed- teams your opponents have.

Having better mods is a fair advantage when you've had the same amount of time to farm them.

Having more zetas is a fair advantage when you've had the same amount of time to farm them.

Having more viable teams is a fair advantage when you've had the same amount of time to farm them.

What's not fair is matching someone who has played the game for a year longer against someone who is building a stronger roster, but hasn't had time to put anywhere near the same amount of resources into their account.

Your suggestion that I need to develop more teams is ridiculous. I develop teams as quickly as I am able to. Which is faster than almost every other f2p player and faster even than some p2p players.

When I build teams, I finish them. As I finish more teams, I will be matched with players with an even greater GP advantage.

The problem is, at my GP the optimal GA strategy would be to develop teams to borderline g11/g12, just below the 60 toon threshold where they won't count towards my "relevant" GP. Over time, this would lead to me being matched with lower GP accounts that have no chance against me.

The problem is that conflicts with optimal strategy in every other area of the game. If I take GG, geos, padme, etc. to just below that threshold, they will be viable in GA, but completely useless in TB. They will be easily defeated in TW where you only need four offensive teams and four defensive teams per player. They won't be useful in raids. And obviously they won't be viable in arena.

The sad part is they had a solution to their problem before they overcomplicated it.

They wanted everyone to have fun. And by having fun, they thought everyone should be able to win. All they had to do was keep matchmaking based on GP and let the different leagues match stronger players against each other and weaker players with those at their own level.

The players with stronger rosters would move up to higher leagues and face tougher competition. While the weaker players would stay back and face easier competition. They would have a fair chance to win. Rather than gifting them the unfair advantage they have now.

I simply don't agree, old scheme was giving me hugely unfair match-ups with way leaner rosters at the same gp as me. While not perfect, new scheme is generating better results where I'm either unsure to win or can't win in each of my matches, but I consider the advantage my opponents have over me fair ones. And I don't consider lop-sidedness to my advantage on every match-ups a criteria for fairness either.

Lol. So because people used their resources more wisely than you and built leaner rosters, that was an unfair advantage. That is the epitome of a fair advantage. Now that you're getting paired with people with equally bloated rosters, or leaner but much smaller rosters, that's fair. You need to separate what's beneficial to you with what's objectively fair.

Your suggestion that I need to finish my teams doesn't apply to me. It applies to you. Almost all of my g11 toons are teams that I am finishing. Once they are done, I have the same problem of being matched with older accounts with more zetas, who have had time to farm more mods and have more viable teams.

The overall direction of the game has not changed. In every other part of the game, the optimal strategy is to fully develop each team. Not to take them to the point that they are of little use anywhere else in the game. GA needs to be aligned with that.

You are the one that's claiming that's the wiser/better choice. Since I went over that argument hundreds of times at this point, I'll abstain. You are free to think what you want, it's obvious what CG thinks. And everyone that were here since the beginning knows why it's so. You are the new kid in the block that fell into a completely different scene at a later time.

I know what's exactly needed to alleviate your situation if they were to make adjustments to the current MM logic. To extend it beyond the defense+offense slots. I.e. take a %30 extension. When the primary MM filter is like that those will immediately go to your almost undeveloped toons (just assuming you are directly maxing all your toons without leaving fluff) so the current total gp disrepancy you are getting would evaporate to way lesser extents.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Btw I have zero back catalogue of gearing to 12 left besides reworks and new releases, so yeah it doesn't apply to me but you need more secondary teams in.
  • Options
    @CG_Erik, thank you. Missing points restored.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

6x688z7w3xoo.png

Lol. So because people used their resources more wisely than you and built leaner rosters, that was an unfair advantage. That is the epitome of a fair advantage. Now that you're getting paired with people with equally bloated rosters, or leaner but much smaller rosters, that's fair. You need to separate what's beneficial to you with what's objectively fair.

Your suggestion that I need to finish my teams doesn't apply to me. It applies to you. Almost all of my g11 toons are teams that I am finishing. Once they are done, I have the same problem of being matched with older accounts with more zetas, who have had time to farm more mods and have more viable teams.

The overall direction of the game has not changed. In every other part of the game, the optimal strategy is to fully develop each team. Not to take them to the point that they are of little use anywhere else in the game. GA needs to be aligned with that.

You are the one that's claiming that's the wiser/better choice. Since I went over that argument hundreds of times at this point, I'll abstain. You are free to think what you want, it's obvious what CG thinks. And everyone that were here since the beginning knows why it's so. You are the new kid in the block that fell into a completely different scene at a later time.

I know what's exactly needed to alleviate your situation if they were to make adjustments to the current MM logic. To extend it beyond the defense+offense slots. I.e. take a %30 extension. When the primary MM filter is like that those will immediately go to your almost undeveloped toons (just assuming you are directly maxing all your toons without leaving fluff) so the current total gp disrepancy you are getting would evaporate to way lesser extents.

In one ear, out the other. I'll make it simple for you.

1) Players with bloated rosters should not be matched with players with leaner rosters who have been playing for significantly less time. The reasons for this are:

a) They have had more time to farm zetas. Matching an older player 20-30% more zetas with a newer player with fewer zetas may work to your advantage, but it is objectively unfair.

b) They have had more time to farm mods. Giving a player up to a year longer to farm mods and not have it impact their relevant GP is objectively unfair.

c) They have viable GA teams that are not being included in their relevant GP. That is objectively unfair.

You have addressed none of those points.

There is nothing I can do to eliminate my disadvantage without sabotaging my roster in other areas of the game.

As for increasing the relevant GP used in matchmaking, I said the same thing elsewhere. If they included 24 teams for those setting eight defenses, that would eliminate the massive GP advantage some players have.

I understand completely, but your lack of respect is returned in the same manner. Anyway good luck asking for a playing time qualifier for the rest of your swgoh career.
  • Options
    I suspect my opponent of cheating. @CG_Leviathan How do I go about sending proof to you folks?

• Options
    His roster1296ssaq7nxg.jpg
    1yobn3pttqoo.jpg
    dpb4lzvca0ta.jpg
    6qce57thzkax.jpg
  • Options
    My rostervlelgqa1cby6.jpg
    uw1iouwg3x33.jpg
    upklgujqf4i6.jpg
    kcakji5ic0zy.jpg
  • Options
    His inventory and final scores. He very well may have beaten me fair and square but with the toons he had left over I don't think he would have had 5 perfect runs to get his score. Seems incredibly unlikely 9ythcm2anm8d.jpg
    . 7itjh94xp38m.jpg
    f7godmdabsw8.jpg

• Options
    Evidence above @CG_Leviathan
  • Options
    My ally code 276-764-431
    Opponent ally code 691-995-158
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

6x688z7w3xoo.png

In one ear, out the other. I'll make it simple for you.

1) Players with bloated rosters should not be matched with players with leaner rosters who have been playing for significantly less time. The reasons for this are:

a) They have had more time to farm zetas. Matching an older player 20-30% more zetas with a newer player with fewer zetas may work to your advantage, but it is objectively unfair.

b) They have had more time to farm mods. Giving a player up to a year longer to farm mods and not have it impact their relevant GP is objectively unfair.

c) They have viable GA teams that are not being included in their relevant GP. That is objectively unfair.

You have addressed none of those points.

There is nothing I can do to eliminate my disadvantage without sabotaging my roster in other areas of the game.

As for increasing the relevant GP used in matchmaking, I said the same thing elsewhere. If they included 24 teams for those setting eight defenses, that would eliminate the massive GP advantage some players have.

I understand completely, but your lack of respect is returned in the same manner. Anyway good luck asking for a playing time qualifier for the rest of your swgoh career.

If you understand what I said, you know that matchmaking is broken. You only defend it because it benefits you and your relatively weak roster.

I'm not defending it, if you pay attention I'm also saying that it leaves much to be desired AND using total gp=going back to old algo is not the solution. My roster is smoking **** good btw. Just cut the fluff and ponder if there's any single thing lacking there. If you find what's lacking, please tell that to me so that I can develop those toons too.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    I think this explains why you can’t compete with players at your own GP. You’ve been playing for at least two years longer and this is all you have to show for mods?

tf9nc6ducvw8.png

I don't understand what makes you think that I can't compete, I competed fine in the old algo, I'm competing fine in the new algo. Either check my acc. from ingame or go to swgoh.gg and see my GA/GAC stats.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    Rek_Nok wrote: »
    That's not the place for that. Message him directly via pm...

your right it's not...but threads are everywhere on reddit and would be here to based on what's going on...

They said they were going hardcore into finding the cheaters but man....is it possible for them to detect it ???

and if people are not abusing the scores just keeping it to a non blowout where people think they lost legit.....

It sucks right now knowing there are so many **** out there cheating and NOT getting caught

but yes you are correct :)
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Rek_Nok wrote: »

how about a screenshot of your revan and BH's and nests on Defense... that would be more compelling as if you kept them all for offense and he just outplayed you.... just sayin.... that pic there if you had any of them on D would be straight up obvious cheat
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    I think this explains why you can’t compete with players at your own GP. You’ve been playing for at least two years longer and this is all you have to show for mods?

tf9nc6ducvw8.png

I don't understand what makes you think that I can't compete, I competed fine in the old algo, I'm competing fine in the new algo. Either check my acc. from ingame or go to swgoh.gg and see my GA/GAC stats.

This is what makes me think you couldn’t compete.

“I simply don't agree, old scheme was giving me hugely unfair match-ups with way leaner rosters at the same gp as me.”

If those matchups were hugely unfair, it’s safe to infer you lost.

Nah, I'm arguing for fairness. Neither algo is fair at all. I'm not arguing for myself or how I am the best and I deserve to win or a player who's not doing it like I do it is doing it the wrong way etc. I won all my matches in the GA period but 3. All were lost on extreme mod difference. I lost my 2nd match this round, similarly extreme mod difference.

There is simply a level on mods an f2p is able to wield. I know how much better f2p mods can get above me because I'm in a competetive f2p guild and try to find out any f2p account better than mine to see what they did differently and what I can improve on this end. Since you are not getting matched with those truely spender mod sets, you are not aware how much above you they are able to get. Ever saw 400 or 500 or 600 10+s with +15,+20,+25s respectively distributed as well? If the other player is playing the game knowledgable enough, that kind of difference can not be trumped. Every team you know exactly how to counter becomes a wall. Since you think I'm defending the current algo, you should consider I get such matches as well. And since you compared our accounts, you also saw I'm rather unlucky on high end mods where our no of 10+s are the same. If you are interested to see other f2p mod distributions, I can show you some of other highly competetive f2p by pm.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Ah lastly before you take the implication as I'm asking for a mod comperative algo, no I'm not doing that either. I consider mods player advantage just like toons (have malak, don't have malak can be easily matched fairly imo)
  • Options
    I like to know how I lost in a tie when I have more go?
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Bugspray wrote: »
    I like to know how I lost in a tie when I have more go?
    Did you have more at lock?
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    I think so I don't think I went up over 100k go since the lock