Grand Arena Championships MEGATHREAD

Replies

• Options
    12 g13 chars 😱
  • Pauldecebalus
    61 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Again im the only player from div 2 against 7 players from div 1 who have more than 600k gp and a lot more g12 ( + a lot of g13)
  • Options
    Same boat. 3 straight GAC's being huge underdog with most opponents 5-600k more gp (at 2millgp ovr thats a lot to make up lol). Dont expect anything less, however, I'd lay an egg if I paid (ridiculous) money and was faced with this 3x in a row.
  • Options
    Its time to quit this stupid game . After 3 years this is too much
  • TRanger
    329 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    @CG_Erik you are insane man . Your GAC its a joke . A new GAC where my lowest enemy have 4,9 mil gp from Mighty wallets . I have 4,3 mil gp . Please stop this ****

I don't understand how you guys are able to continue to believe in them..did you actually think it was going to get better? Ha! All those guys you couldn't beat in the first week but couldn't win either....well now you face all thier millions of friends like them who still needed to progress...hare is a little secret it is a those who are in the bottom will stay on the bottom those on top will stay on top. You can't really progress beyond just climbing your devisions and leagues. several months soon you will face the lower devisions who are winning there respective devisions. And have been claiming 1-4 awards while you keep fighting to stay out of 8th place. They will get all the kyber awards and individual awards..you will get...well..the left overs!
  • Options
    Outgunned every fight so far across both tournaments. This time it is 28 zetas to my 14 and I have fewer G12s. Bad enough the guys character GP is close to my total GP.

Even the number of teams is borked. Currently I have to field 5 defenses which means I need to build 10 competent teams. I don't even have 40 strong on my roster much less 50. My backline is full of 5k-10k GP toons that can be beat by just about any solo G12.
  • Gannon
    1661 posts Member
    Options
    I honestly don't get all the complaining, especially from those who didn't optimize their roster and upgrades specifically for ga and war. It's a championship. If you don't have, or aren't working on all the counter teams you won't do well. If you upgrade entire factions, not just the useful team ones, to the max then you won't do well. Your personal choices are the problem, not the much improved matchmaking.
  • Options
    Gannon wrote: »
    I honestly don't get all the complaining, especially from those who didn't optimize their roster and upgrades specifically for ga and war. It's a championship. If you don't have, or aren't working on all the counter teams you won't do well. If you upgrade entire factions, not just the useful team ones, to the max then you won't do well. Your personal choices are the problem, not the much improved matchmaking.

I haven’t seen enough data yet, but I’m a little concerned about those who are completely overmatched again. I’ve seen someone who went 3-0 matched up against someone who went 1-2 and they have the exact same Top 80 GP.

Shouldn’t we be starting to factor in results as we determine matchups now? I don’t understand what is going on.
  • Gannon
    1661 posts Member
    Options

I haven’t seen enough data yet, but I’m a little concerned about those who are completely overmatched again. I’ve seen someone who went 3-0 matched up against someone who went 1-2 and they have the exact same Top 80 GP.

Shouldn’t we be starting to factor in results as we determine matchups now? I don’t understand what is going on.

The real problem is preparation. Every determined player has all of the metas/counters necessary to clear a board fully and still put up an annoying/tricky defense. Two well prepared players will always fully clear the board, and the winner is judged by how well they did so. If you can't, you're not ready for championships.
  • Options

Try reading up a bit and look at my matchmaking pic, got nothing to do with not preparing, my roster is great for my GP.

My opponent however has 62 more G12s than me, that’s ridiculous matchmaking, I’m less than 4.5 mill GP they’re 5 mill +

Please tell me how that’s a lack of preparation, the matchmaking just doesn’t work this way at all.
  • Options
    GP is not an effective matchmaking tool. And the eight-player subsets for rounds are inefficient.

Imagine at the start of Grand Arena that your opponent is random. If you win, then you’re randomly put against another player who won the last round. If you lose, then you’re put against someone who lost. We keep going, putting players against other random players with the same record. And eventually, the matchmaking sorts itself out organically.

You structure rewards so that players are not incentivized to throw matches or not join Grand Arena. And you put a system in place to account for players who do a higher-than-normal amount of upgrades between Grand Arena tournaments.

TW is more complicated because of movement among guilds, but GA should be simple. Ideally, GP should really only be used for PvE content.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    What I see in your account is inefficient farming. You’re either not farming enough, or you are slicing mods past the point that you should have moved on. It’s not about luck. If you’re using an effective system, the law of large numbers will yield favorable results over time.

I would guess you’ve been playing two years longer than I have and yet my mods are vastly superior. That tells me that more strategic players at your GP have an even larger advantage.

We had equal time to farm mods and there's 5 months I put down the game, I didn't farm 2 years of mods over you by any means. Inefficient farming of what? Not sure if you are refering to mods or my fluff.

If you understand statistics a bit it's evident my low probability mods didn't get as much bumps as you. I'm not talking about "I never got +25, I'm unlucky, others are lucky", it's just about distribution. I've seen a vast amount of mod spreads and I paid special attention to full sets f2p were able to gain, while my full set is below average, I've seen worse, and I've seen much better at god mods end.

You can't utter law of large numbers as neither of our total mod farming and slicing presents anywhere near where we close up to a mean. Check top players in swgoh.gg and their mod spreads, they farmed 4-5x as many mods as us and their total farming isn't anywhere close enough either.

That's why our +10s are more showing of how much we farmed/sliced mods as that would take a single bump over the initial speed reveal or at most 2 bumps, any bump further than that is %25 probability of the former where our top ends differ. A mod can get 5x bumps on a stat and since we agree that we are looking for speed bumps first speed reveal comes free. One's chance to get 4 more bumps=5 total speed bumps is %0.39. However we would also need to look at the distributions of 3-4-5-6 speed bumps where the distribution is not even. I feel too lazy to check that distribution's table right now. +29 secondary speed mods exist in this game, no person farmed enough mods to warrant one, yet some people got those since we are legion.

Anyway I'm content with my mods, I used mods just to showcase what makes the difference at around my gp spot where everyone has almost all the toons that are deemed at least decent for being competetive. And I've been able to surpass some level of superiority on that behalf due to what took place on the board. If you copy-pasted my account but got to keep your mods while I kept my mods, we'd have a very decent and even match still. The ones I lost had vast differences.

Lastly I'll bring it full circle for the last time. Your assumed superiority is wrong. You are not a better player than all fluffy rosters because you chose to play lean. I would also play lean if I started as late as you, didn't have to put up with everything that came before and most importantly if I had the restrictions (especially credit bottleneck) as you. Whether you are a better player or not is within the farming choice within your means and how matches takes place.

Looking at your profile, it’s obvious where you’re making your mistake. I almost don’t even want to tell you. But I’ll take the high road and give you some advise.

347 of your 962 equipped mods are gold. The majority of them have poor speed secondaries. That tells me you’re wasting resources slicing mods up to gold when you would be better off moving on when they were green or blue.

Each successive roll is more and more expensive. Don’t slice a grey unless it’s 5, don’t slice a green unless it’s 10. Don’t slice a blue unless it’s 15. Once you hit 15 with a blue, take it to gold. You’ll waste far fewer resources chasing speed in the first three rolls than on the last two.

As for why you have more 10+ speed mods, you have twice as many toons equipped with mods. My inventory is full of mods over 10. I sell anything lower with the exception of high offense mods.

Regarding who is a better player between myself and those with bloated rosters, we can look at that objectively.

The strategies I use have led to me taking first in both arenas and first in HSR.

I’m in a competitive f2p guild that averages 1.2 million more GP. As a result, I got full TB rewards in Hoth when that was still a thing. And we did 25 stars in goenosis. That will improve dramatically soon when we can fill all platoons.

I was invited to the guild because I’m able to contribute more with my roster than players with much higher GP. I finish near the top in TW and TB.

Long story short, I earn a lot of rewards.

Contrast that with players who finish over 100 in arena, are not in heroic guilds and earn far fewer rewards in TB. If you judge which player is better based on results, it’s not too hard to figure out.

Then the totality of your mod set is better than mine as what you see on the bot is the full extend of my mods. I keep them all equipped to be able to use grand ivory.

So to sum your argument, you expect to get matched with players both with comparable success track record as yours and started around the same time as you and that defines the type of fairness you vouch for? What would prevent you to get matched with whales that are also as successful as you but have much more resources to use in totality in such a paradigm?

If that's all of your mods, I would guess you're not farming enough mods in general. You should be doing three refreshes a day every day, no matter what. Any more or less is inefficient. I've been doing that since I unlocked mods.

To correctly sum up my argument, I believe it's fair to match players who have used roughly the same amount of resources to build their account. GP isn't perfect, but it's the closest measure we have of that.

Because I get more rewards, I have used more resources than the vast majority of players who started at the same time as I did. I'm not saying I should be matched with them. But players who started shortly before I did have used similar resources and have similar GP. I should be matched with them in the opening round of the tournament. And yes, it's fair that they can't possibly beat me. That's the consequence of not using your resources wisely.

If I get matched with a whale at my GP who has a more focused roster or better mods, great. That's completely fair as far as I'm concerned. But in my experience, most whales blow up their GP as quickly as possible and their mods don't keep pace with their roster. I only ran into one whale in the old matchmaking that could and did beat me.

What's not fair is to be matched with players who have been playing for a year longer and have up to a million GP advantage. They tend to have comparable top end teams, but a dozen or so more zetas and up to ten additional, viable GA teams that don't count against their relevant GP.

Don't really understand where your assumed superiority on mods comes from. We both had the same time to farm mods, on the visible spectrum I have about 60 more 10+s than you whereas you have a few 20+ and 1 25+ extra to me. Or are you implying you have 200 more 10+s unequipped? I've seen much better f2p mods than us, yet I also know what's the limit of f2p acquirability. I can also supply you f2p mod distribution tables by pm so that you can see how high some goes. Maybe some crazy fella has been doing also 100*3x on both arena top gained crystals, I don't see how that's a good tactic for f2p though. I've yet to see any f2p closing up on 400 10+s, the max around is very close to 300 10+s right now. Lemme know if there's any as such, I'd be pretty interested seeing them.

GP has nothing to do as a comperative measure, it just consists of arbitrary tables where every higher tier of things are assigned higher values. If you claim GP is capable of corresponding to resources spend you should be able to explain why a g11 is approx. equal to 2x of g7 (I mean only that gear levels gp gain) whereas farming those resources from scratch from maps takes 6x more energy. There is a huge disparity built right into the arbitrariness of gp calculation itself. But since they already connected it to multiple modes, it's also too late revamp the tables it's calculated on.

That's why right now CG goes for a primary GP filter (which imo is no needed whatsoever) with some more parameters running softly in the background. These parameters are basically a sort of gp2, but undisclosed. They will keep tweaking from here the weighting of them, unless they overhaul the top x toons system which as I said multiple times is a good idea. I also fully agree, if they really want to keep it, they should extend it beyond defense slots*10x.

You are tripping if you think they will go to full GP MM ever again.

I have roughly 80-100 unequipped 10+ speed mods. I have a few 15s and 16s that I still need to find a home for. I don't assume my mods are superior to yours. I can see that they are. Your fastest set is +150. My fastest is +168. I have a total of four sets that are faster than your fastest. I also have a sizable advantage on offense mods. If you think that's due to luck, keep doing what you're doing and ignore the advice I gave you.

I don't know why you think I've been farming mods for as long as you have. I started playing in September of 2017. I've been playing for less than two year. So unless you ignored mods until I started playing, you have been farming them for quite a bit longer.

I don't think CG will go back to the old matchmaking. But I do think they need to modify their current matchmaking so that it doesn't favor less strategic players by giving them a massive advantage over newer, more strategic players. If they were to include 90 toons, rater than 60 at my level, matchmaking would be far more balanced.

Yeah you had better luck on the high end mods, that doesn't change the fact that we have superbly close stats on the whole, but whatever. I also retract all my comments as you proved yourself to be insufferable with zero information on what was/wasn't in the game, when they got released and how much resources we had back then on what to use for. Keep seeing the current MM as something that only effects you, targeted only make players of your ilk suffer while it benefits bad players. Remind yourself any player that doesn't do it like you do it is a bad player. Keep on your crusade.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    People need to realise the matchmaking won't get better over the weeks, because it doesn't match winners. The MM didn't change since the first exhibition as far as we know and it starts from scratch every week. So it will yield similar results every week whether that result is now better or worse for you. Same type of randomness within it's parameters.
  • Options
    Bump for all the “the matchmaking sucks” posts. I’m (once again) up against 7 people with significantly more GP than me. The kraken I’m facing this week has 14 g13 to my 3, every new meta character g12 or better including shaak ti and padme, 4 times as many 6 dot mods, and a couple hundred thousand more GP on top of it. I have literally zero chance this time. Please fix this by the time exhibition is over.
  • Options
    GP is still no good basis for GA matchmaking. I already proposed to consider other factors (meta characters, gear level etc.), but CG is not listening I guess. The matchup I got below basically says it all:
    exl7jpnieutx.png
    tcvd9t1l3e1v.png
    8gst56cktsoz.png
    agmime5uwjuz.png
  • Gannon
    1661 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Paulos999 wrote: »

Try reading up a bit and look at my matchmaking pic, got nothing to do with not preparing, my roster is great for my GP.

My opponent however has 62 more G12s than me, that’s ridiculous matchmaking, I’m less than 4.5 mill GP they’re 5 mill +

Please tell me how that’s a lack of preparation, the matchmaking just doesn’t work this way at all.

Your issue is the same, I guess, as the kyo guy just above this post. Yes, your opponent may have more g12 or g13 or whatever, but your top 80gp is still the same, so you have something that balances it out. I'd take a g11 team fully zeta'd over a full g12 or g13 team with none any day cuz that's the one that'll win.
  • Options

The real problem is preparation. Every determined player has all of the metas/counters necessary to clear a board fully and still put up an annoying/tricky defense. Two well prepared players will always fully clear the board, and the winner is judged by how well they did so. If you can't, you're not ready for championships.

@Gannon You're experiencing matchmaking from a very narrow perspective and speaking as if you understand everything. As it turns out, your roster is tailor made for this type of matchmaking - great toons but heavy on G11. I would imagine you did fine with the prior matchmaking as well given that you have a pretty focused roster with most of the premier PVP toons. This one just happens to suit you better at 6 defensive squads. Take this comparison:

us7k1eoo89ls.png

Is the roster on the right unprepared? It's the same top 60 GP so it's a possible match. Excuse the squad and fleet ranks as I haven't climbed with it in weeks, but arena rank was similar to yours and fleet rank was top 2 when I bothered. I also haven't really bothered with GAC much, so the GA stats are largely from the pre-GAC era.

Guess which one has a major advantage with this matchmaking at six squads? I had to place 5 squads in the prior format. Those extra two squads (12 instead of 10) put this account at a distinct disadvantage.

How can you be prepared for something you don't know is coming (change in squad requirements, change in matchmaking specifics)?

The problem becomes more pronounced at eight defensive squads.
  • KyoO1234
    270 posts Member
    Options

Your issue is the same, I guess, as the kyo guy just above this post. Yes, your opponent may have more g12 or g13 or whatever, but your top 80gp is still the same, so you have something that balances it out. I'd take a g11 team fully zeta'd over a full g12 or g13 team with none any day cuz that's the one that'll win.

Ok. Let me (again) spell it out for you s l o w l y:
    Galactic Power is a BAD measure for player strength! Especially when comparing across 80 toons. Look at my screenshots and tell me with a straight face that a player with that many more Meta characters and G13 toons has a comparable strength as a player with no g13 and half the metas.
    And just as a reminder: CG specifically indicated that the matchmaking has been improved to match up players with similar strengths.
    The only reason I can think of you defending such a bad matching algorithm it that you are massively profiting from it.

Btw. The player I am matched against isn’t even in the same league (literally)
  • TRanger
    329 posts Member
    Options
    KyoO1234 wrote: »

Ok. Let me (again) spell it out for you s l o w l y:
    Galactic Power is a BAD measure for player strength! Especially when comparing across 80 toons. Look at my screenshots and tell me with a straight face that a player with that many more Meta characters and G13 toons has a comparable strength as a player with no g13 and half the metas.
    And just as a reminder: CG specifically indicated that the matchmaking has been improved to match up players with similar strengths.
    The only reason I can think of you defending such a bad matching algorithm it that you are massively profiting from it.

Btw. The player I am matched against isn’t even in the same league (literally)

Well said...the problem is the hand full benefitting are/will continue to defend current MM so that they don't have to experience the same defeats and struggles that are game built into the current MM for broad rosters. If lean rosters are so much better then why is it so difficult to be matched with someone just as lean. OP stated he was more prepared! If they are so much better prepared why are they not being given the challenge they prepared for? Why keep matching it against people they believe they are so much better then. Keep in mind that broad rosters have been around for awhile and built with time and lots of real world cash. No short cuts taken, cash to help pave the way, and the benefits of our trial and error. A broad roster carried them through all TB and raids. They get the same rewards we earn as a guild all the times I landed in top 3,2,1 in TB or raid never have I been given extras Zeta and Omega mats. But they sure as hell get same rewards as I in TB..and good gear from raids that I completed for them. Food for thought!
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    What I see in your account is inefficient farming. You’re either not farming enough, or you are slicing mods past the point that you should have moved on. It’s not about luck. If you’re using an effective system, the law of large numbers will yield favorable results over time.

I would guess you’ve been playing two years longer than I have and yet my mods are vastly superior. That tells me that more strategic players at your GP have an even larger advantage.

We had equal time to farm mods and there's 5 months I put down the game, I didn't farm 2 years of mods over you by any means. Inefficient farming of what? Not sure if you are refering to mods or my fluff.

If you understand statistics a bit it's evident my low probability mods didn't get as much bumps as you. I'm not talking about "I never got +25, I'm unlucky, others are lucky", it's just about distribution. I've seen a vast amount of mod spreads and I paid special attention to full sets f2p were able to gain, while my full set is below average, I've seen worse, and I've seen much better at god mods end.

You can't utter law of large numbers as neither of our total mod farming and slicing presents anywhere near where we close up to a mean. Check top players in swgoh.gg and their mod spreads, they farmed 4-5x as many mods as us and their total farming isn't anywhere close enough either.

That's why our +10s are more showing of how much we farmed/sliced mods as that would take a single bump over the initial speed reveal or at most 2 bumps, any bump further than that is %25 probability of the former where our top ends differ. A mod can get 5x bumps on a stat and since we agree that we are looking for speed bumps first speed reveal comes free. One's chance to get 4 more bumps=5 total speed bumps is %0.39. However we would also need to look at the distributions of 3-4-5-6 speed bumps where the distribution is not even. I feel too lazy to check that distribution's table right now. +29 secondary speed mods exist in this game, no person farmed enough mods to warrant one, yet some people got those since we are legion.

Anyway I'm content with my mods, I used mods just to showcase what makes the difference at around my gp spot where everyone has almost all the toons that are deemed at least decent for being competetive. And I've been able to surpass some level of superiority on that behalf due to what took place on the board. If you copy-pasted my account but got to keep your mods while I kept my mods, we'd have a very decent and even match still. The ones I lost had vast differences.

Lastly I'll bring it full circle for the last time. Your assumed superiority is wrong. You are not a better player than all fluffy rosters because you chose to play lean. I would also play lean if I started as late as you, didn't have to put up with everything that came before and most importantly if I had the restrictions (especially credit bottleneck) as you. Whether you are a better player or not is within the farming choice within your means and how matches takes place.

Looking at your profile, it’s obvious where you’re making your mistake. I almost don’t even want to tell you. But I’ll take the high road and give you some advise.

347 of your 962 equipped mods are gold. The majority of them have poor speed secondaries. That tells me you’re wasting resources slicing mods up to gold when you would be better off moving on when they were green or blue.

Each successive roll is more and more expensive. Don’t slice a grey unless it’s 5, don’t slice a green unless it’s 10. Don’t slice a blue unless it’s 15. Once you hit 15 with a blue, take it to gold. You’ll waste far fewer resources chasing speed in the first three rolls than on the last two.

As for why you have more 10+ speed mods, you have twice as many toons equipped with mods. My inventory is full of mods over 10. I sell anything lower with the exception of high offense mods.

Regarding who is a better player between myself and those with bloated rosters, we can look at that objectively.

The strategies I use have led to me taking first in both arenas and first in HSR.

I’m in a competitive f2p guild that averages 1.2 million more GP. As a result, I got full TB rewards in Hoth when that was still a thing. And we did 25 stars in goenosis. That will improve dramatically soon when we can fill all platoons.

I was invited to the guild because I’m able to contribute more with my roster than players with much higher GP. I finish near the top in TW and TB.

Contrast that with players who finish over 100 in arena, are not in heroic guilds and earn far fewer rewards in TB. If you judge which player is better based on results, it’s not too hard to figure out.

Then the totality of your mod set is better than mine as what you see on the bot is the full extend of my mods. I keep them all equipped to be able to use grand ivory.

So to sum your argument, you expect to get matched with players both with comparable success track record as yours and started around the same time as you and that defines the type of fairness you vouch for? What would prevent you to get matched with whales that are also as successful as you but have much more resources to use in totality in such a paradigm?

If that's all of your mods, I would guess you're not farming enough mods in general. You should be doing three refreshes a day every day, no matter what. Any more or less is inefficient. I've been doing that since I unlocked mods.

To correctly sum up my argument, I believe it's fair to match players who have used roughly the same amount of resources to build their account. GP isn't perfect, but it's the closest measure we have of that.

Because I get more rewards, I have used more resources than the vast majority of players who started at the same time as I did. I'm not saying I should be matched with them. But players who started shortly before I did have used similar resources and have similar GP. I should be matched with them in the opening round of the tournament. And yes, it's fair that they can't possibly beat me. That's the consequence of not using your resources wisely.

If I get matched with a whale at my GP who has a more focused roster or better mods, great. That's completely fair as far as I'm concerned. But in my experience, most whales blow up their GP as quickly as possible and their mods don't keep pace with their roster. I only ran into one whale in the old matchmaking that could and did beat me.

What's not fair is to be matched with players who have been playing for a year longer and have up to a million GP advantage. They tend to have comparable top end teams, but a dozen or so more zetas and up to ten additional, viable GA teams that don't count against their relevant GP.

Don't really understand where your assumed superiority on mods comes from. We both had the same time to farm mods, on the visible spectrum I have about 60 more 10+s than you whereas you have a few 20+ and 1 25+ extra to me. Or are you implying you have 200 more 10+s unequipped? I've seen much better f2p mods than us, yet I also know what's the limit of f2p acquirability. I can also supply you f2p mod distribution tables by pm so that you can see how high some goes. Maybe some crazy fella has been doing also 100*3x on both arena top gained crystals, I don't see how that's a good tactic for f2p though. I've yet to see any f2p closing up on 400 10+s, the max around is very close to 300 10+s right now. Lemme know if there's any as such, I'd be pretty interested seeing them.

GP has nothing to do as a comperative measure, it just consists of arbitrary tables where every higher tier of things are assigned higher values. If you claim GP is capable of corresponding to resources spend you should be able to explain why a g11 is approx. equal to 2x of g7 (I mean only that gear levels gp gain) whereas farming those resources from scratch from maps takes 6x more energy. There is a huge disparity built right into the arbitrariness of gp calculation itself. But since they already connected it to multiple modes, it's also too late revamp the tables it's calculated on.

That's why right now CG goes for a primary GP filter (which imo is no needed whatsoever) with some more parameters running softly in the background. These parameters are basically a sort of gp2, but undisclosed. They will keep tweaking from here the weighting of them, unless they overhaul the top x toons system which as I said multiple times is a good idea. I also fully agree, if they really want to keep it, they should extend it beyond defense slots*10x.

I have roughly 80-100 unequipped 10+ speed mods. I have a few 15s and 16s that I still need to find a home for. I don't assume my mods are superior to yours. I can see that they are. Your fastest set is +150. My fastest is +168. I have a total of four sets that are faster than your fastest. I also have a sizable advantage on offense mods. If you think that's due to luck, keep doing what you're doing and ignore the advice I gave you.

I don't know why you think I've been farming mods for as long as you have. I started playing in September of 2017. I've been playing for less than two year. So unless you ignored mods until I started playing, you have been farming them for quite a bit longer.

I don't think CG will go back to the old matchmaking. But I do think they need to modify their current matchmaking so that it doesn't favor less strategic players by giving them a massive advantage over newer, more strategic players. If they were to include 90 toons, rater than 60 at my level, matchmaking would be far more balanced.

Yeah you had better luck on the high end mods, that doesn't change the fact that we have superbly close stats on the whole, but whatever. I also retract all my comments as you proved yourself to be insufferable with zero information on what was/wasn't in the game, when they got released and how much resources we had back then on what to use for. Keep seeing the current MM as something that only effects you, targeted only make players of your ilk suffer while it benefits bad players. Remind yourself any player that doesn't do it like you do it is a bad player. Keep on your crusade.

Not to belabor the point, but mods were introduced in August 2016. I started playing in September 2017. Do a little math. Use your fingers if it helps. And you might just figure out that you have been farming mods longer than I have.

The reason your mods are so mediocre is because you're bad at farming mods. You chase speed past the point of efficiency, as demonstrated by your abundance of sub 15 and even sub 10 speed secondaries on gold mods.

But hey, keep telling yourself that it's just bad luck and has nothing to do with the decisions you make. I see guys with the same mentality every day holding cardboard signs next to the road.

And players prefered buying purple and gold mods when there was no such thing as slicing in the game which explains why old players would have more of them in their distribution, I had 5 months downtime but just skip that fact too even though I told you many times already. My mods are not bad whatsoever, I've seen many mod distributions that has very close no of 10+s to me and yet still had worse +15,+20,+25s and I've seen much better than both me and you. Thanks for openly calling me a bum. This is my last word to you. Now go suffer the MM to the end of your days.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

Not to belabor the point, but mods were introduced in August 2016. I started playing in September 2017. Do a little math. Use your fingers if it helps. And you might just figure out that you have been farming mods longer than I have.

The reason your mods are so mediocre is because you're bad at farming mods. You chase speed past the point of efficiency, as demonstrated by your abundance of sub 15 and even sub 10 speed secondaries on gold mods.

But hey, keep telling yourself that it's just bad luck and has nothing to do with the decisions you make. I see guys with the same mentality every day holding cardboard signs next to the road.

And players prefered buying purple and gold mods when there was no such thing as slicing in the game which explains why old players would have more of them in their distribution, I had 5 months downtime but just skip that fact too even though I told you many times already. My mods are not bad whatsoever, I've seen many mod distributions that has very close no of 10+s to me and yet still had worse +15,+20,+25s and I've seen much better than both me and you. Thanks for openly calling me a bum. This is my last word to you. Now go suffer the MM to the end of your days.

Are you really this bad at math? Ok fine, I'll do it for you. Mods were a part of the game for 13 month before I started playing. For the sake of argument, we'll just say that the entire five months you didn't play overlapped with that. And we'll ignore the fact that it takes a few months from the time you start playing the game until you're able to farm mods. That means you were farming mods a minimum of eight months longer. And closer to a year longer if you add in the tame it takes new players to reach level 85 then build the teams to farm anything other than health mods.

At the end of the day, results prove the point. The system I use has resulted in a massive mod advantage over you in a much shorter period of time. But by all means, ignore the advice I gave you. Pride and ignorance walk hand in hand.

You don't have a massive mod advantage, you are deluding yourself. I've beaten much better modsets than yours. I use the system every other competetive player does for farming and slicing my mods. I also both a lots of golds and purples which I still use or are equipped to this day, as I get better mods they trickle down to all toons I currently use and useless mods slowly gets sold, but there's no reason to sell them out of the bat otherwise. Just yesterday all my jawas got many prot primary mods that were otherwise useless and either had no speed or a single speed bump over them.

Both you and me are very close to the max f2p farmable mods and are at high end of it. It goes better than us, but not by far. I already offered to show you distributions of others over pm. But since you only care for argument for arguments sake, whatever.

Spenders go to the levels no f2p can even dream of and naturally current MM matches everyone with everyone regardless of their spending grade.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

Are you really this bad at math? Ok fine, I'll do it for you. Mods were a part of the game for 13 months before I started playing. For the sake of argument, we'll say the entire five moths you stepped away from the game overlapped with that. That means you were farming mods for a minimum of eight moths longer. If you factor in the time it takes new players to reach level 85 and build up the teams to farm anything other than health mods, it's closer to a year. But my bad suggesting you use your fingers. You might have needed the use of three of your toes to get there.

At the end of the day, results prove the point. The system I use has resulted in a massive speed advantage over you. But keep doing what you're doing and hope for a different result.

Ok, whatever. I'll go train in Katmandu for a few years to learn how to use both my fingers and toes. I'm a physics grad, but hey.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options

Are you really this bad at math? Ok fine, I'll do it for you. Mods were a part of the game for 13 month before I started playing. For the sake of argument, we'll just say that the entire five months you didn't play overlapped with that. And we'll ignore the fact that it takes a few months from the time you start playing the game until you're able to farm mods. That means you were farming mods a minimum of eight months longer. And closer to a year longer if you add in the tame it takes new players to reach level 85 then build the teams to farm anything other than health mods.

At the end of the day, results prove the point. The system I use has resulted in a massive mod advantage over you in a much shorter period of time. But by all means, ignore the advice I gave you. Pride and ignorance walk hand in hand.

You don't have a massive mod advantage, you are deluding yourself. I've beaten much better modsets than yours. I use the system every other competetive player does for farming and slicing my mods. I also both a lots of golds and purples which I still use or are equipped to this day, as I get better mods they trickle down to all toons I currently use and useless mods slowly gets sold, but there's no reason to sell them out of the bat otherwise. Just yesterday all my jawas got many prot primary mods that were otherwise useless and either had no speed or a single speed bump over them.

Both you and me are very close to the max f2p farmable mods and are at high end of it. It goes better than us, but not by far. I already offered to show you distributions of others over pm. But since you only care for argument for arguments sake, whatever.

Spenders go to the levels no f2p can even dream of and naturally current MM matches everyone with everyone regardless of their spending grade.

Your fastest set is +150. My fastest set is +168. I have four mod sets over 150. Our mods are in no way comparable. The reason I have elite top end speed (for my start date) is I chase speed when it is cheap, not when it's expensive. Nothing in your mods suggest that you farm speed efficiently.

Ah so you are one of those players that doesn't understand mods in multiple team modes doesn't boil down to your best set that's eligible for arena. Ok.

Just a reminder for everyone how uncomparable our mods are:
    0eox3w92avpp.png
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    As for spenders reaching unimaginable levels, I have faster mods than every whale in my shard. And have even coached one whale (at his request) to help him improve. But keep on keeping on. It's working great for you.

Yeah I bet they'll make an MM where you just match with your shard. Just as a reminder you can directly check on, I did great in the old MM and doing well in the current MM and yet claim there's much room for improvement and it's never going back to bulk GP ever again.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Here's one from my arena shard, bet that's beatable if only I knew how to farm mods. Yet I beat him every day in and out on arena somehow. Luckily we'll never get matched even in the current MM.

xrscgckyhatm.png