GAC Data collection tools should be stopped.

Prev13456
Dmitry_M81
459 posts Member
edited September 2019
o6qcpkszunk5.jpg

API tools collecting data to use at GAC, really?
What next - tools collecting my data about def? "Just pay to know your opponent"?..
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Dmitry_M81
    459 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Information about matches between two sides shouldn't be available to third side, well only if one of two sides decides to share. And I don't believe that paying customers won't have access to that information.
  • Options
    Someone can already record and log their own attack and GAC history....don't see any beef here. As long as it's not pulling data from the other person's attacks such as which team was used, etc.
  • Options
    Hmm my opponent knowing my Defensive tendencies does seem underhanded at best... Especially if not everyone has access to the same data
  • Options
    Interesting is there a link to this room? I'm always curious what's behind that first wall...
  • Options
    If one of the people in my GA asked me what my former opponent is setting. I would message them back saying I wouldn't feel okay in telling them. Sorry, the answer is NO!

I too would never ask for such info.

This seems to be walking a line.... it just feels shady. So I'm with you.
  • Options
    That legit needs stopping or that’s a game killer..
  • Options
    I may be wrong, but it sounds like their current development is focused on a GAC match history. I don’t see any issue with recording information that was available at one time - it only becomes a problem if this database is capable of sharing information from matches the player didn’t participate in.

Record my matches and give recommendations, sure. But if any third party gives me information that I should have no way of knowing (like my opponent’s match history, attack and defense tendencies, so on) that would pretty much be cheating.
  • TVF
    36651 posts Member
    Options
    There's a discord dedicated to sharing screenshots of your opponent's D with the rest of the discord.

Really, really sad.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    There's a discord dedicated to sharing screenshots of your opponent's D with the rest of the discord.

Really, really sad.

So much for fair play 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Hotsauce
    18 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    That didn't take long. For a bit of clarification...

This goes along the lines of my TW tools that guilds use. It helps you collect information about your own GAC History and your opponents, using only data that was available to you. It is no different than recording your matches in excel or some type of spreadsheet tool. It is just a record keeping system that helps streamline that process. It is not sharing or aggregating information that you did not collect yourself.

Just wanted to make that important distinction.

Hotsauce
  • Options
    Hmm my opponent knowing my Defensive tendencies does seem underhanded at best... Especially if not everyone has access to the same data

There's nothing posted here that suggests anyone would get information about someone else's defensive tendencies. It's simply talking about logging your own information which you could log by hand yourself anyway.
  • Options
    n0jpb61hkbc1.png
    The idea behind it is to allow you to save your own previous GAC battles so you know what worked well and what didn't in the future if you come up against someone with similar rosters and modding. The creator said he's thinking about, but doesn't think CG would like that and might shut him down if he allowed people to access that information. (Which is probably true). So for now, it seems like it's just something you could do yourself if you wanted to keep track of your previous GAC matches, but the bot will do it for you so you can see it easier.
  • Options
    so much drama by folks not even knowing how it works or what it actually does ...
  • Options
    Boomer8800 wrote: »
    so much drama by folks not even knowing how it works or what it actually does ...
    That is the internet’s gift to mankind.

Shoot from the hip - ask questions later.
  • Options
    Folks like to jump on things even tho they don’t know what it is. Lol
  • Options
    Hotsauce wrote: »

This goes along the lines of my TW tools that guilds use. It helps you collect information about your own GAC History and your opponents, using only data that was available to you. It is no different than recording your matches in excel or some type of spreadsheet tool. It is just a record keeping system that helps streamline that process. It is not sharing or aggregating information that you did not collect yourself.

Hotsauce

I still think it takes some fun out.

Though I don't really have serious reservations about my next opponent knowing what I set for the last match. Because what I set depends so much on their roster. Though, from what you said, that's not what's going on here.

My only issue with someone I don't know posting my previous defenses is that they will gain a picture of my tendencies vs. certain types of teams. They could mod to counter that. That might not be out right cheating, but it's not in the spirit of fair play.
  • TVF
    36651 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    That's why I brought it up. Way worse. And way sadder.
  • Options

You sure that's how it goes? I thought it was shoot from the hip, punch it in the face, and walk away without asking any questions for fear you might actually learn something.

• TVF
    36651 posts Member
    Options
    Fanatic wrote: »

You sure that's how it goes? I thought it was shoot from the hip, punch it in the face, and walk away without asking any questions for fear you might actually learn something.

Close, it's a slap, not a punch.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Really, really sad.

These are not the D Pics your are looking for.....
  • Options

Hotsauce

But your tool does collecting MY data - ID or something?
  • Options
    I surely don't like it anyway. Game becomes so payable not only to CG but also to bots collecting and/or analyzing data (what next - bots playing battles for you, lol?), some Peempos setting you mods and giving farming advices?
    Where is the good old SWGOH?..
  • Options
    Austin9370 wrote: »

Hotsauce

I still think it takes some fun out.

Though I don't really have serious reservations about my next opponent knowing what I set for the last match. Because what I set depends so much on their roster. Though, from what you said, that's not what's going on here.

My only issue with someone I don't know posting my previous defenses is that they will gain a picture of my tendencies vs. certain types of teams. They could mod to counter that. That might not be out right cheating, but it's not in the spirit of fair play.

That's not even what's happening. Two separate things. This service allows you to record your own history. Nothing more. Use excel if you want. It's the same.

The 2nd item, is another discord server. That should be the complaint if any.

Yeah I got that. That's why I even said "Though from what you said, that's not happening here"

I could have done a better job separating the two items in my response.

As far as the discord server, once again, what I wrote. I don't care too much. It's just shady and not in the spirit of fair competition.
  • TVF
    36651 posts Member
    Options
    Dmitry_M81 wrote: »
    I surely don't like it anyway. Game becomes so payable not only to CG but also to bots collecting and/or analyzing data (what next - bots playing battles for you, lol?), some Peempos setting you mods and giving farming advices?
    Where is the good old SWGOH?..

First Biggs wins!
  • Options
    I mean - let players use their skills )
  • Options
    Those that want their defense to be a secret to their opponents or future opponents are in for a rude awakening.

CG has already said they are looking into putting battle history data up in gac in the future and until then possibly on swgoh.gg.

This is to better identify cheaters. Right now, it is hard to tell if someone full clears you legitimately with a 60 banner per fight average or if they cheated. A battle log will help with that.

Once that's added, it is only a matter of time before that data gets aggregated and is available to look at. Those that set the same defense every time will have to deal with it.

It really is no different than when viewing you opponent's roster was added. It's just the direction the game is heading.

Personally, I want to be able to see what teams beat mine. I have had a few matches where my team was blown away. More details would make it easier to determine if I were cheated, or if not, what I need to do better with my defense.

So in my opinion, having this information, is beneficial and the benefits outweigh the downside. Now I do think they will make sure the round is over beforr putting the data up as well they should.
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »
    n0jpb61hkbc1.png
    The idea behind it is to allow you to save your own previous GAC battles so you know what worked well and what didn't in the future if you come up against someone with similar rosters and modding. The creator said he's thinking about, but doesn't think CG would like that and might shut him down if he allowed people to access that information. (Which is probably true). So for now, it seems like it's just something you could do yourself if you wanted to keep track of your previous GAC matches, but the bot will do it for you so you can see it easier.

Yeah, but creator does have access to information, right? I can't believe it won't be sold
  • Dmitry_M81
    459 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Those that want their defense to be a secret to their opponents or future opponents are in for a rude awakening.

CG has already said they are looking into putting battle history data up in gac in the future and until then possibly on swgoh.gg.

This is to better identify cheaters. Right now, it is hard to tell if someone full clears you legitimately with a 60 banner per fight average or if they cheated. A battle log will help with that.

Once that's added, it is only a matter of time before that data gets aggregated and is available to look at. Those that set the same defense every time will have to deal with it.

It really is no different than when viewing you opponent's roster was added. It's just the direction the game is heading.

Personally, I want to be able to see what teams beat mine. I have had a few matches where my team was blown away. More details would make it easier to determine if I were cheated, or if not, what I need to do better with my defense.

So in my opinion, having this information, is beneficial and the benefits outweigh the downside. Now I do think they will make sure the round is over beforr putting the data up as well they should.

Right, but it should be available only after the match and not being collected by third party (who can sell access to it). Do you agree with it?
  • Options
    Dmitry_M81 wrote: »
    Vertigo wrote: »
    n0jpb61hkbc1.png

Yeah, but creator does have access to information, right? I can't believe it won't be sold

The best way to handle it from a dev standpoint is to make previous battle history viewable in game just like you can view the rosters. That evens the playing field.
This discussion has been closed.