After completing my 100th GW, I feel well-positioned to assess why it garners so many complaints.

Replies

• Options
    J0K3R wrote: »
    It is frustrating but at least the rewards are nice. I wish all aspects of game were this rewarding

I totally agree with this. Where else are you going to get rewards like this? Sure it's a chore and it's supposed to be challenging. If u can't beat it, develop your bench. My GW is extremely difficult some days but I've managed to beat it everyday for a while. Easy solution to getting bored with or frustrated is to develop your roster, try different synergies or just don't play it.
    GW by far is the most rewarding aspect of the game. Granted they need new toons in the shop and I suspect this will happen.
    A half million credits, a character shard(sometimes 2), a decent amount of GW currency and with all the lack of content someone still wants to complain (spamming their whines on both forums) take away GW and then what are you going to do? Keep crying I guess. Just have patience guys and keep your sense of entitlement in check.
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    Options
    J0K3R wrote: »
    It is frustrating but at least the rewards are nice. I wish all aspects of game were this rewarding

I totally agree with this. Where else are you going to get rewards like this? Sure it's a chore and it's supposed to be challenging. If u can't beat it, develop your bench. My GW is extremely difficult some days but I've managed to beat it everyday for a while. Easy solution to getting bored with or frustrated is to develop your roster, try different synergies or just don't play it.
    GW by far is the most rewarding aspect of the game. Granted they need new toons in the shop and I suspect this will happen.
    A half million credits, a character shard(sometimes 2), a decent amount of GW currency and with all the lack of content someone still wants to complain (spamming their whines on both forums) take away GW and then what are you going to do? Keep crying I guess. Just have patience guys and keep your sense of entitlement in check.

The problem is some players started in Jan or Feb and didn't enjoy the phase of easier GW. They hence lack the ability to build a bench now since they in the worse situation can lose out on 450k credits and 15 shards daily.
  • Options
    This is so true. GW is more of a chore right now. It's just restarting until RNG favors you.

And you're inclined to complete it cause of the rewards. If ever this proves anything it's that this game's popularity solely lies in the Star Wars franchise and nothing about the game and its content.
  • Options
    @Qeltar

Great write up. I finish it every day. Some days I finish without any loss, but a heck of a lot in yellow and red. Other days I've had to sacrifice very key characters to get my head through that wall.

The RNG is utterly silly. I wrote about it recently.

The "strategy" is more swap in and out, or simply go out and back in until you land a stun or find an attack order that fits. Very annoying I agree and a bit dull after doing it over and over.

The old retreat made GW super, and I mean super easy, but it was also very fun. I love the attack in waves. It was quite fun to swap and sub characters and teams. Like moving chess pieces strategicly. It was fun, but GW was zero challenge at all for me this way, however it offered me so more variety in the fun.

Now I do love the challenge GW poses. Having to decide on node 8 after 7 huge battles who I can live more without on key characters. Do I pop in QGJ as lead to power down that team and chance loosing him or going into a bad way HP wise with him by fights end. That is fun to me also, but it is the same day in, day out and honestly the sheer grind sometimes makes me not want to test new builds then retreat and reset because I'm so tired of restart.

I guess my point is I agree with you, but I still find some fun in it. I would find more with the old retreat, not because it is easier. As I stated I finish this version daily. I'd find it more fun do to more options. More like feeling a general in the wave by wave attack. I wish they could find a happy medium between how it was and how it is. I'd love the old retreat back in as well, but I'd want higher difficulty to balance the easiness added.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    Ideally i would like to do something every couple hours for 5/10minutes... With a break of no events during sleep. I cant afford to invest 2hours to just one part of the game, but i do like those rewards.
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Brownie
    298 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Everyone who is over it could, I dunno, stop playing it
    Everyone who has nothing meaningful to contribute to a thread could, I dunno, not read and respond to it.

hey pot, meet kettle. Remember when you went into another thread and called everyone sheep? Was that meaningful?

I used to respect you and agree with some of your posts, but now you look more like a fool with every new post.

Save us all from your utterly hopeless rants on how much you hate this game and its lack of fun and quit already.

Sorry, I am done reading your posts now, because its that simple. When something annoys you, stop doing it.
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    Options
    Other than the first three nodes, which are tedious, GW is my favorite. I get to use so many more characters and combinations. And I never retreat, unless I have the wrong team out.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    Brownie wrote: »
    Everyone who has nothing meaningful to contribute to a thread could, I dunno, not read and respond to it.

hey pot, meet kettle. Remember when you went into another thread and called everyone sheep? Was that meaningful?

I used to respect you and agree with some of your posts, but now you look more like a fool with every new post.

Save us all from your utterly hopeless rants on how much you hate this game and its lack of fun and quit already.

Sorry, I am done reading your posts now, because its that simple. When something annoys you, stop doing it.

No brownie points for you! ;)
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Remember when you went into another thread and called everyone sheep? Was that meaningful?
    Since that entire thread was meaningless bleating about how everyone here should shut up and just meekly accept everything the company does without complaint, yes, it was really the only meaningful response. There's no point even arguing with people who think that, as customers, they have not only no right to demand a quality product, but not even to complain about not getting good service.
    Gaming communities are overloaded with butt-kissers, which is why gaming companies treat them like garbage. Not only do they get away with it, people who object get shouted down by toadies like yourself.
    Sorry, I am done reading your posts now...

Though it will be difficult, somehow, I will carry on.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

It's hard for @Qeltar, like any other prolific forummer, to maintain a spotless record of conversation on a forum with his thousands of posts. Don't attack him just because of a word or two.
  • Brownie
    298 posts Member
    Options
    Remember when you went into another thread and called everyone sheep? Was that meaningful?
    Since that entire thread was meaningless bleating about how everyone here should shut up and just meekly accept everything the company does without complaint, yes, it was really the only meaningful response. There's no point even arguing with people who think that, as customers, they have not only no right to demand a quality product, but not even to complain about not getting good service.

When all you do is complain, you lose all credibility.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options

In sure he has started positive threads in the past. Dont look at his last few only
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

With whom? You? Who are you again that I should care about your opinion of me?
    I make more posts providing guides, answering questions and helping people here every week than accounts for your entire post total. I've reported countless bugs as well.
    If I complain a lot recently, it's because it has been earned by this company, which is not doing what it promised and is treating people who spend enormous amounts of money on their product with utter contempt.
    What credibility do you think you gain with mindless tautological nonsense like "if you don't like it, you don't have to do it"?
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Options
    I agree with the OP. I haven't failed a GW since my level was in the mid 40's. Some days I find it very easy and rarely need to retreat. Other days it can be frustrating and take quite a bit of time to complete. I have failed to complete it a few times in the past couple weeks though due to pure boredom. I am having the same problem in arena also. I finished top five for almost 3 months, including 20 days in a row at number #1. The past few weeks though I haven't even bothered to get in my attacks prior to the prize time. Same goes with the so-called "challenges". Oh well, I guess if I want fresh content I will just have to buy an android phone/tab.....
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    how-rude.gif
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    @J0K3R - You are a pure white noise poster. You add nothing of value to any discussion that I have seen. Buzz off.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    @J0K3R - You are a pure white noise poster. You add nothing of value to any discussion that I have seen. Buzz off.

You need to chill out, dude
  • Kaib
    74 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Agreed. Gets tedious mainly because it's less strategy and more trial and error with the RNG. It's not just about winning but about what condition key characters are in at the end of the battle. It would be more fun if the team variation increased. I've been advocating the addition of era based (trilogy, pre trilogy, post trilogy) GW's/SA's if only that it would increase variability in teams you fight and make sub-meta's a possibility (while making it more viable to spend precious resources on lesser used characters). I'd also be a fan of cool downs cycling for bench characters. It would make sitting characters viable vs. retreating til you get the right RNG and speed up the process.
  • Options
    It's not fun.
    It's just as simple as that. Whether you complete it or not (and I always do) it is just tedious and aggravating. You go in for a fight and the AI gets its usual RNG luck and you have to retreat. Swap a character, oh this time Sid didn't AoE but put a heal block on a key character, retreat. Over and over and over.
    Some rounds take over half an hour. And then you open a chest and face another set of 5 level 70 7* characters, often with no healers, just pure damage, and get to do it over again.
    Is there strategy? Sure. But it's IRRITATING strategy. Before they ruined GW, you could actually plan out how you used your characters, and manage their cooldowns. Now it's just banging your head against a wall 10,000 times until the wall falls down. And then doing it again and again.
    Back when they changed this, the guy who runs this horror show urged me and others to "give it a chance". Well, I now have, something like 50 times.
    IT SUCKS.
    And not just if you don't have a deep bench or can't complete it. Even when you can.
    ETA: If you respond with "oh it's easy, I clear it every day without losing a character", this just means you are getting easy matches. Period.

+1BIL. Couldn't have said it any better. This has been my major complaint from the start, with the lvl variance a close 2nd. They took the Guerrilla War out of Galactic War. Now it is just a tedious grind to find which scripted set of sequences leaves you in a good position.

Concur completely....IT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Here's my thoughts on GW (I'm presently lv66)

Up to lv 50 - difficult due to not having a lot of depth in your roster but fun and challenging with opponents teams offering some variety.

Lv50-60 - easier as you have a better roster and is a good time time to get wins under your belt. You don't care about the depth of opposition teams right now cos you can actually win them

Lv60-70 - mega hard. The AI just treats you like you're a lv70 and throws you matches you shouldn't be getting. (lv70, 7*, gear8+) Still possible to win them occasionally but every team is the same with many many retreats needed.

So basically I agree with OP
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Options
    Although, since unlocking Bariss it has become completable, but still a total grind. All for a thinly veiled attempt to block credit farming. Sucking every last cent (and fun mind you) out of the Star Wars universe. Way to go EA.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options
    It's has terrible design and it feels like a chore. It's highly exploitable so it doesn't even offer real challenge. Every match isn't about strategy or skill, is about retreat until you get a nice stun/sequence so none of your heroes will drop under 60%. I clear it everyday, but this doesn't mean that it isn't annoying as hell. Sometimes it takes less than 1 hour, some times it takes over 2 hours. I started mid December and i just got my 50th win for achievement.
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Options
    Also I assume many of the ppl who complain about the difficulty are NOT level 70. My bro-in-law also plays and he has text me pics of many of his match ups. Most recently he came up against Phasma(lead), Kylo, Dooku, Sid and Daka on the 4th node. All were 7* level 70 and in gear 8. No amount RNG can save a f2p level 60 from a team this. On the other hand, any level 70 with a respectable roster can definitely handle this without losing a character. Sure it may take a few attempts, but it can be done. Kinda sad, but the exact same day I sent him a pic of my 4th node. It was Sid (lead) with chewie, Lumi, Luke and Poe. They were all 4-6 stars, mid 60s in level and gear 7. Some high tech matchmaking system they must be using there ehh?
  • Options
    Fantazy wrote: »
    ChazSunray wrote: »
    I always look forward to my daily GW, as it is the only part of this game that you have to analyze your opponents' teams, [...] In arena, you pretty much face the same teams every day, so it is not as strategic to me.

BUT it's arena teams you see in GW........ So no strategies to develop, there's absolutely no analysis to be performed, you WILL face Phasma/Sid/Dooku half the nodes in GW. Usually more.

I would disagree that it's arena teams and also disagree it's GW teams you face in GW battles

I took this Screenshot a few weeks ago and as you can see a vader has been unlocked at lv46 which I believe to be mathematically impossible based on getting enough shards for him only after you've progressed further into the game through achievements. This would lead me to believe at least some if not all battles are computer generated

[img][/img]Screenshot_2016-02-27-12-28-14.png
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Starjumper wrote: »
    I took this Screenshot a few weeks ago and as you can see a vader has been unlocked at lv46 which I believe to be mathematically impossible based on getting enough shards for him only after you've progressed further into the game through achievements. This would lead me to believe at least some if not all battles are computer generated
    The fastest way to farm achievements for a new player is to unlock lots of characters using chromium cards. Doing this, it is possible to get a 4* Vader at a very low level. Since that team also has other evidence of heavy chromium/pack use (Tarkin, RT can't be farmed to 5* that fast, etc.) it is likely legit.
  • Options
    JoshG wrote: »
    Also I assume many of the ppl who complain about the difficulty are NOT level 70. My bro-in-law also plays and he has text me pics of many of his match ups. Most recently he came up against Phasma(lead), Kylo, Dooku, Sid and Daka on the 4th node. All were 7* level 70 and in gear 8. No amount RNG can save a f2p level 60 from a team this. On the other hand, any level 70 with a respectable roster can definitely handle this without losing a character. Sure it may take a few attempts, but it can be done. Kinda sad, but the exact same day I sent him a pic of my 4th node. It was Sid (lead) with chewie, Lumi, Luke and Poe. They were all 4-6 stars, mid 60s in level and gear 7. Some high tech matchmaking system they must be using there ehh?

This thread isn't about difficulty or lack thereof. It's about a boring, predictable, repetitive game mechanic that could use a makeover.

GW should not feel like just an arena marathon. When I think of a galactic war, I think it should involve all characters. Let's have themed squads to play against that give a challenge and let us see all characters abilities in play at max level. That would possibly encourage a more diverse meta as well as give valuable play testing data to the developers.
  • Options
    I dont think the design of GW is meant to be a daily win. The retreat function is there more to accommodate game crashes than infinite tries. It was a two birds with 1 stone thing.

I think they want you to look at the team and pick yours out of your awesomelt diverse arsenal and press autoplay letting the cards fall for each battle. Each battle decreasing your arsenal.

I pretty much walk through with Hk 88 86 lumi jc, all totally maxed.
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think they designed GW to be gamed like people are using with multiple retreats to get good RNG. It was designed as end game content to where you use your full collection of characters. No suicide squads or position swapping.
  • Options
    Mo_liza wrote: »
    I don't think they designed GW to be gamed like people are using with multiple retreats to get good RNG. It was designed as end game content to where you use your full collection of characters. No suicide squads or position swapping.

Of course they did. Otherwise there would be no retreat option, no character swapping and if it was meant to be end game it wouldn't unlock until lv65
  • Options
    im hoping when i get barris GW will be more smooth for me. I didnt focus on healers early on and it made galactic war extremely tedious. But now with JC and talia healing and barris chiming in, hopefully Ill finish more often.