After completing my 100th GW, I feel well-positioned to assess why it garners so many complaints.

1235Next

Replies

• Options
    It would be great to see some dev made teams. Synergy teams. Or random team ups. We have arena to do pvp. Don't need even more pvp teams. But that isn't my biggest issue. The thing that really gets under my skin is the "RNG". I don't care what anyone says, the AI has higher percentage chance on everything. Phazma teams almost always get a bonus attack. Doca almost always not only gets a stun but a double stun. She almost always revives a dead char. Dooku always stuns and half the time it's a double stun too, not to mention 90% bonus attack and sometimes even 3 in a row. The other Poe always goes first and gets a minimum of 3 exposes. The AI always seems to dodge at the perfect time and way more often even on non lumi teams. Not including Sid which I don't have an issue with. The AI seems to crit twice as often. On the flip side my doca hardly stuns. She doesn't know what a revive is. I might get a double once per run. Dooku... What is a double stun? Poe = 2 exposes is a success. Hk barely lands effects. Fotp doesn't hit twice half the time with advantage. The list just goes on. I half expect one of my guys to shoot their team mate one of these days.

I wouldn't mind GW nearly as much if it weren't for the RNG shenanigans. I just want the same percentage outcomes as the AI. The same playing field. I know it's anecdotal so I may put up some numbers one day but I know I'm not the only one. There is something in the code.
  • Xaylin
    68 posts Member
    Options
    The fact is, besides the credits there isn't a strong reason to spend a lot of time in GW once you have a core set on light and dark side. There are only a few Characters available from it that are must haves so I don't get why it has to be this stupid RNG exploitfest
  • Options
    Agree. I can pass it, but it is too much dang work.
    [LWI] | 298-352-583
  • Options
    Ps: why do we put so much effort in? The GW store toons really arn't that great. After my Lumi is 7* who do I promote? IG-86???
    [LWI] | 298-352-583
  • Xaylin
    68 posts Member
    Options
    Ps: why do we put so much effort in? The GW store toons really arn't that great. After my Lumi is 7* who do I promote? IG-86???

Ig86 is incredibly good as are poggle and phasma, but it doesn't take very long to finish them when you get 5 of each every day. In my opinion there should be 20 more characters in it, even if they are only a couple shards instead of 5.
  • Options
    Sometimes its worse when you realize a certain thing is never going to happen. Like when the AI attacks the same character first, no matter where you put them, or, you want to take a certain character down, but your first char's attack will never hit, no matter what, so if you want to change the AI, you have to swap out new chars, etc. That's well beyond cheating IMHO.
  • Options
    Galactic War is a joke. I have played it with two different profile. Profile level 58 already won it 12 times and spending no money for updates. Only slowly increasing characters. But profile level already 70 and spending money for upgrades in the beginning I have won only 1 time it. Not spending any money to it anymore. It is just waist of money.
  • Options
    Vator17t wrote: »
    Galactic War is a joke. I have played it with two different profile. Profile level 58 already won it 12 times and spending no money for updates. Only slowly increasing characters. But profile level already 70 and spending money for upgrades in the beginning I have won only 1 time it. Not spending any money to it anymore. It is just waist of money.
    GW difficulty is based on the highest power Arena team you have EVER taken into Arena.

I'm guessing your alt account is a lot lower on Arena power than your main.

Again, it's the highest you've EVER taken, not your most recent.

• Options
    Mo_liza wrote: »
    I don't think they designed GW to be gamed like people are using with multiple retreats to get good RNG. It was designed as end game content to where you use your full collection of characters. No suicide squads or position swapping.
    If gw were meant to be end game use your entire squad, it would start incredibly difficult and get easier each match.

That way you get to use your whole bench.

Let's face it if you have 5 7* level 70 characters 5 6* level 60 characters 5 5* level 50 characters etc, and you go from easy battles to hard, your weak characters are only good as fodder by the end and your strong characters will cakewalk the front 75% cause it's easy.

In other words the bench is useless cause by the time you need them they all die in one shot or to a Sid aoe.

If they started gw very hard and it got easier each node then you might have a chance at the game chewing up your best early on and forcing you to effectively use your weaker characters in subsequent nodes.

The other way to accomplish this is to enforce a cap on characters at each node (likely artificial as in your tons get deleveld for the fight) that would make more of your roster usable throughout the fight.

But at the end of the day the problem is it's repetitive and you fight the same few toons over and over again. And for most without a large roster of level 70 toons you can't afford to lose anyone or else the later fights are I possible.

So you not only have to win, but you have to win with zero deaths and high health. In my experience anyone with low health dies immediately in the next fight they are in. So it's not about winning the fights, it's how you have to dominate each fight that makes it suck.

And on a personal note who do you even go after first then you face the following like up

Sidious
    Dooku
    Ventress
    Kylo
    Daka

There is no good option there....
  • Options

And on a personal note who do you even go after first then you face the following like up

Sidious
    Dooku
    Ventress
    Kylo
    Daka

There is no good option there....
    [/quote]

Ok...so I have been running Bariss (L) GS,QGJ, JC, Lumi in GW. Have 3 suicide squads and 2 main squads, PVP and GW with only QGJ and GS playing both ways. Since the update to GW it has been doable, but still hair pulling, frustrating at times with the RNG/Script.

With this team I would target Sid, Daka, Kylo, Dooku Ventress and hope I don't have to spend a 1/2 hour restarting to find the right RNG so my team escapes ok.

For those players in the 50-65 range, I don't know if the level variance is still an issue or not. But I still hold firm with my statements that GW was better before they messed with it.
  • Options
    I used to LOATHE GW, now i love it. my answer was to go around picking up all those 'unwanted' characters and levelled and geared up everyone, so now it's relatively simple to send in a first line squad filled with Ugnaughts, CUP etc, then another team and then another. I pit my top players against the lower ranked teams and then when i face Level 70 and 7 Star Characters, send in the lower ranked/equiped teams to at least pick off one character. since i've been doing that i only missed out one day's full completion (because i didn't sign into GOH). I can never do well in the arena so i'll stay content with GW. :)
  • Options
    Corndog131 wrote: »
    I beat it every day as well. I think the reason it's not fun is because it's the same toons over and over and over and over and over again. A simple fix might be to provide computer generated match-ups instead of fighting actual teams. I wouldn't mind playing GW for an hour each day if I got to fight against completely different characters each round. That would also show us how other characters do maxed out and would create interest in farming those other toons.

Agreed
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    +1 completely agree. It is easily the most frustrating and aggravating part of this game and I dread having to do it each day even though you have to to stay competitive as FTP. All we need is some actual variety and it could be fun for once.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    It's not fun.
    It's just as simple as that. Whether you complete it or not (and I always do) it is just tedious and aggravating. You go in for a fight and the AI gets its usual RNG luck and you have to retreat. Swap a character, oh this time Sid didn't AoE but put a heal block on a key character, retreat. Over and over and over.
    Some rounds take over half an hour. And then you open a chest and face another set of 5 level 70 7* characters, often with no healers, just pure damage, and get to do it over again.
    Is there strategy? Sure. But it's IRRITATING strategy. Before they ruined GW, you could actually plan out how you used your characters, and manage their cooldowns. Now it's just banging your head against a wall 10,000 times until the wall falls down. And then doing it again and again.
    Back when they changed this, the guy who runs this horror show urged me and others to "give it a chance". Well, I now have, something like 50 times.
    IT SUCKS.
    And not just if you don't have a deep bench or can't complete it. Even when you can.
    ETA: If you respond with "oh it's easy, I clear it every day without losing a character", this just means you are getting easy matches. Period.

This is the best post I've ever read on any forum. It appears honest, experienced, helpful. Thank you. I am seriously frustrated with GW. I keep getting advice, I try all the strategy given, but to be honest, vi will NOT spend 30 minutes per node like this poster honestly States is necessary. I won't do it. I play this game for fun, and I accept defeat and refuse to retreat more than 5or 6 times in a node.
    Appreciate the times you all take to post
  • Options
    The front page of feedback on gw is very telling.
  • Options
    I started a new account a few weeks ago. I am not f2p and am currently L56, 19,500 power. I am consistently in the top 10 and often 1 in arena. For the past week, I have encountered fully geared L70, 7*, max gear optimized teams as early as node 4 in GW. Even with the most careful strategy, a deep bench, and retreats to predict rng, there is often no possible way to win. This is neither challenging nor fun.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    **** ... GW turned into an annoying trail-and-error-retreat-festival ... no challenge (because its just **** rng), no fun (retreat 20 times and "fight" the same team over and over again), but you need to do it, otherwise you run out of credits pretty soon ... so ... in 2 words: it SUCKS ... ill add a third: it really SUCKS :lol:
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Options
    Am I the only one why finds GW to have been balanced well?
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    Am I the only one why finds GW to have been balanced well?

I find it well balanced
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • PardeyGirL
    193 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    What is your 1st thought, After you have, finished GW for the day @ Lvl 70 or above....?

I know mine is "Thank F***k that's over for another Day". ( Frank )

I hope @ CG EA and Disney Realize this and Fix it Quick ...!
    (The Thoughts & Emotions that there game instills in Their Players)
    are Super important as it = Big $$$$$$ for them

As it's only going to take 1 Good New Game that Capitalize's on their Games Weakness ........
    and they'll loose 50% or more of their players ... Times a Ticking... Tick Tock Tick Tock
    Quote of the Day "Put that
  • Rayek
    38 posts Member
    Options
    Just adding my vote of support to the OP and others here. I absolutely dread it...I clear it most of the time but die a little inside when I have to reset or re-arrange my team for trivial counters to random logic.

Not fun...at all...only do it because the rewards are helpful.
  • Options
    I don't know, some days it is a cake walk, other days a struggle (but doable). I have a top 6 toons at lvl 70 and about 10 more at lvl 65. Some days I exhaust my whole roster.
    [LWI] | 298-352-583