Like many, log in, nothing to do

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Shamanas wrote: »
    Same, I log in, simulate everything and leave. Started playing marvel's strike force, much more f2p friendly.

You are literally the first person to say that.
  • MntMan
    281 posts Member
    Options
    Ratinira, I'm sorry but it's not the same for me. I often play while killing time so if it's a bit meh then so be it. It all is better than doing extra work. :) Took an hour break from work today, went for a 20 minute run and proceeded to sweat for about 30 minutes after. :) While I'm sitting there cooling down I play SWGOH. I also play Injustice 2, but again this gets the Star Wars fix in for me. Looking for something light and easy on my phone. KOTOR I played ages ago when it was released. Can't even remember what platform. Not sure a phone game, but maybe worth a replay?? Guess I can look into it.

Anyways again it's not an extreme for me. Also if something once gave me lot's of happiness and now only kind of checks the box off then rather than just walk away from it why wouldn't I speak up? Seems silly to me to just quietly fade into the darkness without speaking up. What if there are others like me? What if CG has no idea or no idea the extent? What if they could and/or would do something to fix this feeling for people if they only knew? What if they cared? Chances are they probably do to some extent. I don't know.

Anyways the forums are for posting thoughts and opinions. I respect yours and I'm happy you still get happiness out of it. I'm also happy you can go the extreme route and just cut it off as soon as you start getting a little bored. Good for you (Said not sarcastically, but sincerely). I don't begrudge anyone a good time. I'll keep plugging away, hoping for a change and keeping an eye out for better things to do while I sweat, but I empathize with the OP and his statements at least somewhat echo mine so I checked in to show some support. I appreciate you're doing the same but opposite. Cheers.
  • Options
    A simple sandbox mode with no rewards is the answer. I know they need to make money somehow so introduce arcade tickets as a currency.
  • Options
    Relics, relics, relics

Always sunny

In see geez world
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Same, I log in, simulate everything and leave. Started playing marvel's strike force, much more f2p friendly.

Psst. Its 3576x more time consuming and it's not really 100% F2P
  • Options
    If there was something to do in the game, there wouldn't be a well conversed post about not having something to do in the game imo...
  • Options
    I’m angry that there’s nothing new to complain about.
  • Options
    Ratinira wrote: »
    Go and read a book. Or watch video. Or go for a walk...
    Or spend all in game energy by playing manualy, then do GW manualy, then challenges...
    Is that really that hard to find out how to entertain oneself?))

That's an invalid response to the issue at hand that the poster is complaining about. People aren't asking for suggestions on what to do with THEIR free time. Thats not anyone else's business and is a pathetic attempt at deflecting from a legitimate complaint.They are complaining about a legitimate lack of content in a game in which many of us invest significant amounts of money into as well as time.
  • Options
    It's Thursday and the Q&A was almost 24 hours ago!! Are the devs ever going to communicate at all?!?

It's been hours since they answered questions! At this rate, it will have been a full day between direct communications before they post anything! My coffee's cold and nobody gave me my participation award!!
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    JerryHello wrote: »
    Or spend all in game energy by playing manualy, then do GW manualy, then challenges...

That's an invalid response to the issue at hand that the poster is complaining about. People aren't asking for suggestions on what to do with THEIR free time. Thats not anyone else's business and is a pathetic attempt at deflecting from a legitimate complaint.They are complaining about a legitimate lack of content in a game in which many of us invest significant amounts of money into as well as time.

If people invested their money thinking that new and fun content would keep appearing, then they haven’t been studying the trends. That’s on them.
  • TVF
    36633 posts Member
    Options
    JerryHello wrote: »

Content is not a monolithic concept that everyone agrees on, but people are acting like there's literally nothing to do (ignoring suggestions like manual GW - I agree, that's not a good answer). Thanks to a week off of GA and a few days between TB and TW, I agree it has been slow. But GA is ramping up, TW is ramping up, guilds run raids, there's an (easy, admittedly) event today....there's stuff going on. And the Q&A promised more stuff coming. Which, you know, takes a while to build.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I like those "offdays" as an officer, I mean, no TW, TB or whatever guild events.
    So I can finish daily quickly and doing something else, and sleep really early (like 20:00 or 19:30) and dont have to worry about losing a star in TB or defeat in TW.

Want things to do? Theorycraft is the answer. Lvl and gear up a char you never looked and try to make him/her useful.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Clearly you just want new characters or new modes or something, and CG has slowed the pace. I want more content too, but those who ask just get shut down. This thread has no use, let’s just hope that CG ramps up the releases in Q4.
  • Options
    While my Arma 3 unit is rather happy I don't have to waste more time in swgoh, I do understand the point. "go theorycraft" or even "go for a walk or read a book" are essentially the same. Entertain yourself. A mobile game shouldn't consume your life, just your wallet.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • Options
    Isn't whining in the forums part of the game? Plenty of content here...
  • Options
    Krynn007 wrote: »
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    I like those "offdays" as an officer, I mean, no TW, TB or whatever guild events.
    So I can finish daily quickly and doing something else, and sleep really early (like 20:00 or 19:30) and dont have to worry about losing a star in TB or defeat in TW.

Want things to do? Theorycraft is the answer. Lvl and gear up a char you never looked and try to make him/her useful.

This is not a solution people like myself are looking for
    A ) I do theory craft in and out of the game, but this does not allow me to use the many squads I have available
    B ) LVL up and gearing/farming only takes a min, which I do every evening after ticket reset.

...and to go back to your first suggestion, what's the point of theory crafting when I have nothing to use the squads I'm theory crafting with about 90% of the time?

Get you gam guard to G13, make him your regular. Go.
  • Options
    You should get a dog. A lazy one like a bulldog. When you are bored, you can play with the dog. And when you want to play phone games, your dog can take a nap.
  • Options
    ITT: One side decrying a lack of new content leaving them sad with nothing to do, the other saying the problem and solution to boredom lies within you.

It is so rare that one phrase can summarize conflicting and disparate views, but here it is:

Less QQ, more pew pew!
  • G1975
    110 posts Member
    Options
    On this conversation log in, nothing to do I wanted to say I'm going through a similar experience. Yesterday when I went on the game I did nothing, went into Light, Dark side, Cantina battles, Squad Arena, Galactic War and Mod battles and just stood their with my players without firing a shot. I just didn't feel like playing and it was depressing. What really upset me was being given notice to join discord on SWGOH.GG or be kicked out of the guild I was in and i didn't like being dictated like that because I can't always participate in everything because I have a hectic work schedule. I went back to the starter guild I was in before and after completing the raid in the Rancor pit they put in that all over again without letting move on to something else. I try not to gripe and complain so much because I said before in the forums that I'm not a serious gamer just a causal player. I'm currently on level 57 and doing the best I can but the game is really losing it's appeal for me but the love I have for Star Wars keeps me from quitting. George
  • Soz58
    108 posts Member
    Options

Marvel Strike Force copied this game, but now it’s superior to SWGOH in every way, they constantly have new playable content, everyone will tell you that!

• Ultra
    11531 posts Moderator
    Options
    Soz58 wrote: »

Marvel Strike Force copied this game, but now it’s superior to SWGOH in every way, they constantly have new playable content, everyone will tell you that!
    I believe CG recently said in the Q&A this week that they aren't producing short term chicken change content right now because they are focused on long term replayable dynamic content that we'll see next year instead

Given how time consuming big content can be, they are devoting more time and resources to it by having a few slow months -- I'm sure they'll deliver

Speaking of MSF, every time I do my research on the game, I only find how much worse it is (from the drama that goes on) and how underhanded the developers is. I'm sure it has a lot of content but player satisfaction and developer trust seems to be worse compared to here
  • Soz58
    108 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

I believe CG recently said in the Q&A this week that they aren't producing short term chicken change content right now because they are focused on long term replayable dynamic content that we'll see next year instead

Given how time consuming big content can be, they are devoting more time and resources to it by having a few slow months -- I'm sure they'll deliver

Speaking of MSF, every time I do my research on the game, I only find how much worse it is (from the drama that goes on) and how underhanded the developers is. I'm sure it has a lot of content but player satisfaction and developer trust seems to be worse compared to here
    It’s definitely had its share of issues as well, Red Stars which is similar to relics did not go over well with the community at all . But since July there has been a lot of new characters notably fantastic four, x-Men and many spider verse characters, it was to the point where they were almost too many coming out so close to each other, they have a different Raid system, SWGOH are definitely more exciting and detail oriented, MSF rotates for different raIds and they usually give new characters as rewards as well as high gear .
    I
    I would love to see this game be as innovative and exciting as it was 1 to 2 years ago, but the last six months have been truly awful with almost no characters and no new events, just Geo TB and GAC that are in no way new just re skins with very average rewards.
    One major thing that MSF does incredibly well is if there is an error in the game or some kind of bug they always give all players very generous compensation packs whereas SWGOH gives very little.
    Here’s hoping that The Devs Can bring the game back to its former glory, but I have my doubts.

• TVF
    36633 posts Member
    Options

Thank you. Had a good laugh at this.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

The statement I replied too was that it is more F2P friendly. I have heard many things about the game, some good, some not so good. Out of every person I have spoken too, literally none of them have said it is (at all) or it is more, F2P friendly than SWGoH.
  • Soz58
    108 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Thank you. Had a good laugh at this. [/quote
    Can you explain why? Or are you just gonna give a pointless response?
  • Options
    You there!
    Yes you reading this!
    Are you bored in SWGOH?

Than do I got the fix for you!
    For the low low price of absolutely nothing I have your solution!

I call it Toon spinning!!
    Brought to you by the fine capsuleers of EvE when they get bored!

Enjoy!
  • Soz58
    108 posts Member
    Options
    You there!
    Yes you reading this!
    Are you bored in SWGOH?

Than do I got the fix for you!
    For the low low price of absolutely nothing I have your solution!

I call it Toon spinning!!
    Brought to you by the fine capsuleers of EvE when they get bored!

Enjoy!
    .... this isn’t funny or creative....