Without 7* C3PO, Spending money pointless? General Anakin Unlock. Don’t bother?

Replies

• TVF
    36683 posts Member
    Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    It does seem weird that its not openly a cash buy this time, right No_Try?

It always is to some degree and some still always make it (which wouldn't hurt CG). In my pure f2p guild c3po situation is 44/50. I just checked a few spender oriented guild on swgoh.gg, they are all 50/50.

Where does it stop? Why is there no rage for no reruns of Padme event as she's also a needed legendary or gk which is a raid only toon you can't buy?

Because the aggrieved individual has Padme.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • StarSon
    7479 posts Member
    Options

It always is to some degree and some still always make it (which wouldn't hurt CG). In my pure f2p guild c3po situation is 44/50. I just checked a few spender oriented guild on swgoh.gg, they are all 50/50.

Where does it stop? Why is there no rage for no reruns of Padme event as she's also a needed legendary or gk which is a raid only toon you can't buy?

One of my best friends quit because he couldn’t keep up with the meta. Spending a bit a year. I definitely understand.

Funny that you understand that, but don't understand that this isn't different than Malak. You couldn't buy the characters for Malak between the notice and the event. Why should we be able to buy any of these?
  • DarthPurgatory
    626 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    He still isn't answering the question. He knows his argument falls flat if it does.

He's either a whale and/or spends or he isn't and doesn't. This pity-me sympathy act for four 3P0 appearances isn't winning him any points from anyone, but still he persists.

Admire his tenacity, at least.
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

One of my best friends quit because he couldn’t keep up with the meta. Spending a bit a year. I definitely understand.

Funny that you understand that, but don't understand that this isn't different than Malak. You couldn't buy the characters for Malak between the notice and the event. Why should we be able to buy any of these?

Just to put things in perspective. Malak unlock required characters, their events came again a month later. An the Malak event has happened twice now. An your argument is based upon a one time event. Which was an admitted blunder. Meaning was not intended....
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

Just to put things in perspective. Malak unlock required characters, their events came again a month later. An the Malak event has happened twice now. An your argument is based upon a one time event. Which was an admitted blunder. Meaning was not intended....

this event can't happen twice before it happens once
    “the game isn't designed to have someone walk in on day one and just be able to buy everything. there's a progression”

Doesn’t that go against everything they have done in the past though...

no. there are multiple characters you can't just buy. do you have gk, 3po (err, sorry), chewie, cls, thrawn, traya, the others I am forgetting? if so, did you buy them? A: no, you didn't.

RTT:
    Hey buddy, I feel ya. I'd be bummed too if I couldn't unlock.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • StarSon
    7479 posts Member
    Options

1. That's still not different than this. All of the required event characters have been run multiple times.
    2. Still the same. This event will happen again.
    3. It was not a one time event, and the event was not a blunder, but the rollout of the event
  • TVF
    36683 posts Member
    Options

Just to put things in perspective. Malak unlock required characters, their events came again a month later. An the Malak event has happened twice now. An your argument is based upon a one time event. Which was an admitted blunder.

What.
  • Options
    So what you are saying is, wait a month for the required characters events to launch again and then get GS the second time? Sounds good.
  • Options
    No one is aware that the timing of the Malak event was unintended? My understanding was that it was pushed due to “whale complaints.”
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    No one is aware that the timing of the Malak event was unintended? My understanding was that it was pushed due to “whale complaints.”

link?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Don't ask him to answer a question. It doesn't play to his point.
  • Options
    I mean CG_Carrie made some posts about it. Some YouTubers even got upset because she implied that “thousands” spent a year shouldn’t come as a shock.
  • Options

I think you’re confusing speculation from Youtubers with verifiable reasoning from the devs.
  • Options
    There were posts about appeasing whales along with the difficulty of pleasing the F2P players.
  • Options
    I mean CG_Carrie made some posts about it. Some YouTubers even got upset because she implied that “thousands” spent a year shouldn’t come as a shock.

Not the requested, link, FWIW. Just your interpretation of events.

• Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Because the aggrieved individual has Padme.

Accurate
  • taquillasun
    1158 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

Hey buddy! I feel ya! Kinda, I mean, it's no fun not to take part in big events like this. Trust me. I missed on on Chewy and C3po. I was busy farming old republic.

However, I am willing to bet there will be specific packs for you to buy. Be it ships, crew members or gear.

I am in disagreement with many on how easy it is or is not to farm Shaak Ti. I don't "whale out" I buy the shards as soon as they are available in the shop. I buy the 4 and 8 packs. Then, when they open the node to farm, I stay on that node and put all resources to it. And I still buy the 4 and 8 shard packs. WAY better deal. Anyway...

Fear not! I bet they will release some packs for all of you that don't quite have the requirements. I hope they do. Because I want you to have the new General. I really do! Let's get this done my friend!

Though to answer the post... yeah I'm not sure it'd be worth it if they aren't going to allow you to buy c3po shards. Which, they just had the event so I doubt that is going to happen.

Still, get what you need now out of the way and be prepared next time and dominate!
  • Options
    There were posts about appeasing whales along with the difficulty of pleasing the F2P players.

Still not the solicited link, nor even close to the insinuation you've made about Malak being an aberration.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    This thread is still going?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    There was a statement from Carrie in which she said that more people got DR than the devs had intended, and that factored into the Malak event being the way it was. How you get from that to it being "an admitted blunder," I have no idea.
  • Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    What do you think is going to happen, here? Do you think a dev is going to see your post and go "Oh gosh, this one random dingdong doesn't have C3P0. So terribly sorry, sir, we'll run the event just for you."

C3P0 has come and gone several times. If you still don't have him, that's on you. Get him next time and you'll be ready.

Do you thrive off this stuff? I mean seriously. What - -if anything do you think you're adding by this type of comment?

Can you say that you aren't above it? Aren't better than it?

I've seen you post. You're not devoid of empathy, feeling and being constructive. Why is that hat so hard to wear? Even if you don't feel it, fake it for the sake of civility and empathy. It's not a tall order.

How is this for a response?

Hey buddy, I feel ya. I'd be bummed too if I couldn't unlock.

The requirements can seem stiff, especially depending on when you started the game. However, I am afraid they are hard baked into the event.

Just try and get ready for the next time around, and don't fret too much! Now that you know the requirements, I am sure you will be sporting a new General Anakin in no time!

Just skip that snark, you're better than that......

I'm perfectly happy to help out someone who posts an earnest request for help, and have done so many times, it's true.

When somebody posts a snide passive-aggressive rant about how CG "apparently doesn't want their money," that's just some dingus looking to be told they're right. They're not going to respond to positivity because they don't have any of their own. I have no problem unloading snark on that.

Ouch bro. Shots fired 🤣🤣🤣.

Open debate. Just because your not interested in other people’s interpretation of CG’s intent with this release doesn’t mean I’m not.
  • Options
    Most all unlocks if you could bankroll it you could unlock the character. No amount of money will help if you missed the C3PO event. If they are trying to encourage spending this seems like a big Faux Pas.

Isn't Padme required as well? Are there thousands of people that have Padme, but didn't get C3PO?
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »
    There was a statement from Carrie in which she said that more people got DR than the devs had intended, and that factored into the Malak event being the way it was. How you get from that to it being "an admitted blunder," I have no idea.

Ok perhaps Admitted is not the exact wording. Mistake better? There was mention of the Malak event being rushed. My interpretation could be different from others.
  • TVF
    36683 posts Member
    Options
    Slippyfist wrote: »
    Most all unlocks if you could bankroll it you could unlock the character. No amount of money will help if you missed the C3PO event. If they are trying to encourage spending this seems like a big Faux Pas.

Isn't Padme required as well? Are there thousands of people that have Padme, but didn't get C3PO?

Like the OP!

How convenient.
  • Options
    Slippyfist wrote: »

You are correct. My Post about C3PO wasn't meant to be all-inclusive. I am aware that ships, as well as Padme, also pose a similar lockout. More or less the lamentation that one can not whale out to this Event if you run into one of these "Road Blocks."
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    Options
    Can't wait for events that are everytime open.

Didn't count in C3PO for it. Clones are ready, Padme ready, Droids ready... but no freaking C3PO because ewoks are meh.
  • Options
    Akenno wrote: »

Didn't count in C3PO for it. Clones are ready, Padme ready, Droids ready... but no freaking C3PO because ewoks are meh.

Ewoks may be meh, but C3PO isn't. He is pretty solid in the Padme Team / Rey HSTR Team / CLS Rebels Team. Seems worth it to me.
  • Options
    So if CG were to let you buy the shards of C3PO or Padme that you're missing would you be ok if they first made you finish your Ewoks/Seperatists before you could buy those shards? (i.e. all Ewoks over 17.5K power and 7* before he was available for purchase). Or are you hoping they will offer a 3PO pack so you can avoid having to farm/gear the Ewok faction? (Which is what it seems like)
  • TVF
    36683 posts Member
    Options

We'll see, but I'm willing to bet it won't be anything you'd need for an EC. Just older stuff like CLS, JTR, Thrawn, GMY, etc.
  • Options

Yea I could reasonably see whale players not bothering with Ewoks. Unless you're trying to have a "Wide" Account. I know there is a debate if it is better to focus on Quantity or Quality. Long-time players probably just have C3PO.
This discussion has been closed.