Replay malak event. It gives shards [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    What if they give giant GET refund instead, which will cause GAC to flood with 7* GAS... That'll be a hoot and a half.

Detecting a bit of sarcasm here 🤪

But only people that would have to deal with 7* GAS would be the Krakens 😂😂
  • Options
    Why CG has no options except a rollback:

Scenario 1: Ignore the bug and free shards to everyone.

Problem: Players who spent GET are angry about the amount of wasted GET that could have bought gear or GAS shards. 57k GET worth of shards would have been the most rewarding event in SWGOH history and only been worth shard shop currency for those with 7* already.

Scenario 2: Leave the shards but give everyone who had 7* Malak before the event 57000 GET.

Problem: Many people didn't spend more to unlock GAS knowing it would take 4-6 months of GET to max him. If theyd known an extra 57k GET was coming they would have worked/spent to get GAS.

Solution: They would have to re-release the GAS event immediately to give those the option to try again/whale harder.

Either of those scenarios results in **** from some portion of the player base. The only real option is a rollback. Ideally they would simply reload a player save for the entire playerbase from before malak event dropped, refunding any cash purchases made during that time, and giving everyone max TW rewards and 2k Crystal's.

What will they do? Probably make the situation worse and make EVERYONE mad
  • Options
    In my naivety when I saw event was offering shards for Malak I thought maybe it’s a peace offering from devs. They listened to our outcry over having to farm Malak, general skywalker and gear from GET and thought they would give us something back.

How wrong I was!!!🤪
  • Options
    Major screw up. Why push the event out in 65 days when it’s normally 100? Money grabbing company. We all scrambled, spending and strategizing, to rush for an accelerated launch date and this is the outcome? How does Capital Games plan on fixing this? Better not be with an insincere apology and some purple crystals. This game has truly declined over the years.
  • Options
    If someone offers you cake and after you've eaten it tells you it wasn't allowed to eat, that is NOT your problem. Players can't be told not to get rewards that they are actually able to obtain in the game without cheating.
  • Options
    If they do a rollback they better refund the money I used to get malak to g12+. It’s only reason I spent the money. Not to have parts for others but him. If they don’t I’m done with their garbage game.

...that you’ve been playing for years and will still be playing after whatever they do about this. 🤥
  • Options
    I would imagine this is taking so long, because it had to go to their attorneys. I wouldn’t be shocked to not see a fix until tomorrow.
    I am of the group that thinks everyone can win from this.
    A roll back is not the answer unless they can refund all purchases made today and money whales spent. I don’t think they want to deal with all the credit card disputes that go out. I for one will dispute my purchases if a resolution isn’t figured out today
  • Options
    Now what? If the resolution is to let those Malak shards stay, the peoe who need those shards and followed orders shoildnt be penalized.

Just make Malak a 7 star. Refund GEt equiv to olayers with.
  • Options
    The same post you are talking about says they are removing the shards.
  • Options
    UdalCuain wrote: »

How easy is it to individually undo things when some people already upgraded their Malak, and potentially upped his gear level? And what if they had him at 7* already, and just got a big stash of shard shop currency which is already spent? How easy is it to go through every account to reset such things?
  • Options
    Yes, but have they yet?

I'd venture to say they are in a pickle right now.

Their first and only response thus far; I agree stands as of now. But with no action yet, I have to assume there are technical issues and that this rollback wasn't going to be an easy one.

They may decide a different path as I have never seen this kind of outrage before. But like you said, they stated the rollback. I was just adding in my worthless 2 cents if --perhaps theywere reconsidering and just wanted to let them know there's another group f people who did exactly as they said - so if they do change their minds.. not to forget about us.

Again, I think the easiest solution to make all happy is refund equiv GET1 and make Malak a 7. I know, not popular. But hey. That's all I got.
  • Options
  • Options
    What if they give giant GET refund instead, which will cause GAC to flood with 7* GAS... That'll be a hoot and a half.

Yes it would be!

There isn't anything they can do to not screw over players...they can only think of a way to screw over the least amount of players.

Good times. Can always count on CG to outdo themselves.
  • Options
    It's not easy. Which is why the fix hasn't been rushed.

They asked us not to play the event. WHich makes me think they were unsure if they could in fact roll back the shards...

I'd say it's safe to assume, a rollback would be the most potent way to discourage more people doing it, And their most desired resolution.

But feasible? We shall see...

Regardless, the community has some really strong feelings on this. Right or wrong. But if they ever needed to strike a balance in tone, now is that time.
  • Options
    CrispyFett wrote: »
    I don't understand why players in the forum are fighting with each other...this should be an "us" (the consumers) against "them" (the heartless corporation) situation. Doesn't everyone agree that CG should do the right thing here to make everyone happy and not screw over any particular player base (i.e. those who had 7* Malak, those who didn't, those who didn't get to replay the event yet). Isn't there someone in charge at CG who's not a developer that can make big-picture decisions?

Agreed that's why it's unfair for selfish players to whine about 12 hours of work compared to months of grafting that other players had to do to have the privilege of unlocking malak at 7 stars. Most of the people knew it was a cg error and they pounced onto it and backed cg into a moral dilemma. I'd rather the guys crying about today quit and the rest of the community allow cg to rectify the issue. This is going to lose a huge player base and id rather the one's forcing the issue quit and the innocent ones stay.

One common line is "its cgs fault, they should take the hit..."

Well it's the PLAYERS who got malak early days, whilst todays kids, were in their pyjamas, playing with their toys that are getting the hit..
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »

How easy is it to individually undo things when some people already upgraded their Malak, and potentially upped his gear level? And what if they had him at 7* already, and just got a big stash of shard shop currency which is already spent? How easy is it to go through every account to reset such things?

CG takes “screenshots” of the game every day. So they resort to a “screenshot”, save point, system restore, etc. (Whatever you want to call it) they don’t/won’t need to do anything on an individual player basis. They just go “back into the future” and nothing ever happened... nobody ever beat the event.
  • Options
    Malek and GS should have been a 7* unlock to begin with.

Whoever is incharge over there...I hope they’re getting chewed out or better yet fired!

Talk about incompetence at its finest.
  • Options
    I’m not sure it’s that easy. If one repeats the event, gains shards, buys shard shop gear, also buys other gear, upgrades other toons, finishes a TW, they can’t just rollback and ignore 12 hours of effort. We set defence for GAC, etc. Whatever they do, this forum will be filled with anger. And if they do nothing, those who didn’t get extra cake will fill the forums with anger
  • Options
    You remember that monopoly card: "Bank error in your favor, collect 100 dollars"

CG's: "Bank error in your favor, pay the bank 100 dollars"
  • Options

CG takes “screenshots” of the game every day. So they resort to a “screenshot”, save point, system restore, etc. (Whatever you want to call it) they don’t/won’t need to do anything on an individual player basis. They just go “back into the future” and nothing ever happened... nobody ever beat the event.

While the solution in game may be technically easy. I wonder if they are taking into consideration a , I'd say decent portion of the community feel about it one way or the other.

So, okay, yeah, as it stands, a roll back is incoming.

And it would be an easy fix.

But they can't simply expect the community to erase all memory of this. And that is what I'm appealing to. However futile.
  • Options
    There is no real reason why the currency amounts couldnt be negative. They could just leave people with negative account balances for the GET and/or shard store credits they got.

Some people will save a few months time getting malak to 7 star, but they will have a huge negative balance in their GET store that they have to pay off before getting anything new.
  • Options
    It's just another nail in the coffin. They will do something else next week to annoy it's gaming community. They don't seem to bothered about what they do wrong to its players anymore.
  • Options
    Have you never made a bad mistake at work?
    That is really not enjoyable...
  • Scottacus
    43 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

A lot of stuff happens between those screenshots, though, both related and unrelated to the Malak event. If they can isolate certain areas related to Malak to rollback without affecting other areas, and that's a big if, then the next problem is where do you draw the line between what's directly related to Malak and what's not. A player could make a lot of purchases and upgrades on characters other than Malak in between those screenshots.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

Yes, but how easy is it to reset specific things only on accounts that replayed the event, and not reset the other non-glitch activities from that time? It took a long time for them to refund Sith Assassin’s gear after they made her arena irrelevant with the last second tack on Malak ability. And their first attempt at the rollback didn’t work. Lots of players were left out unintentionally so that they had to try again. Anyone who was left our made it known so it could be fixed. How many people who got free stuff will speak up so it can be taken away when CG screws up their first attempt at a fix?
  • Options
    Maybe some genius in the pr dept (if they have one) decides this..... "hey cg team, we've had some really bad feedback recently from alot of long standing players and we're losing alot of players, what if we re-release the event with the bug, but claim it was our intention to always do this with this type of event. We'll refund the gac currency to anyone who spent it to previously 7* malak and Boom! Most players wouldn't hate us anymore"