Replay malak event. It gives shards [MERGE]

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Halfbaked wrote: »
    Maybe some genius in the pr dept (if they have one) decides this..... "hey cg team, we've had some really bad feedback recently from alot of long standing players and we're losing alot of players, what if we re-release the event with the bug, but claim it was our intention to always do this with this type of event. We'll refund the gac currency to anyone who spent it to previously 7* malak and Boom! Most players wouldn't hate us anymore"

It’s a bit late for them to claim it was intentional.
  • Options
    So what will happend to people who already had a 7 star Malak before this event and used the shards for shard currency?
  • Options
    Pass it off as that guy didn't have the laptop before the event, so couldn't announce it.
    Good for PR, and some humour from cg at a time when I think a few players may need it.
  • Options
    While this doesn't apply to me, I have quite a few friends wondering whats going to happen to the gear/crystals they purchased to gear up malak after this bug.
  • Options
    Mitch08 wrote: »
    While this doesn't apply to me, I have quite a few friends wondering whats going to happen to the gear/crystals they purchased to gear up malak after this bug.

They'll get the gear back if they roll things back. Wouldn't count on crystals/cash being refunded though, since, technically, they will have gotten what they paid for. It just won't be for the reason they bought it.
  • Options

They'll get the gear back if they roll things back. Wouldn't count on crystals/cash being refunded though, since, technically, they will have gotten what they paid for. It just won't be for the reason they bought it.

This is a bad solution for them and will result in more people being upset and possibly quitting. I don't have the answer but I will say that whatever they do it needs to be in favor of the player base and cannot punish us for their own QA mistake. I don't have a lot of faith that this will happen but it really really should.
  • ineedabulldog
    2 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

Regardless of whether this is the right outcome (which I don't believe it is), if CG goes this route they're going to be dealing with what I can only imagine is thousands of dollars in refund requests. Seems like a bad move.
  • AceCV
    995 posts Member
    Options
    I normally try to understand all points of view.... may not agree with some of them.... but just try to understand.

This issue is, so far, a great example of what you shouldn't do as a company.

1st and more important thing since it was the cause - if this was really unintended, how the hell they take more than 10h to stop this mess in game. Only a small % of people omea to foruns and even in here the official word about all this come when?

2nd and more relevant right now - how they will rollback all this mess with all the colateral impact this had.... this is not only shards right now... it's gear, it's coins, it's star up, it's eventually crystals, even Reliqs can be envolved. All the things that happened after those shards collection is, I guess, absolutely out of control. And this is only for those who collected shards (right or wrong... with guilt or not.... realizing the bug or not... it's all irrelevant. The blame its CG exclusively.

Anyway there are the others.... those who buy Malak shards with GET....and even those there are several situations. The ones that had all shards based on that and the others that had partial buyed some (from 5 to 180).

Finally the ones that didn't collected any shards at all from this messy event in this appearance...some because they saw info, same because they didn't notest, some because they couldnt.... how to distinguish?

Sometimes seems like CG like to exponentially the problems they own create, making them a ridiculous snowball.

This will not end well... for some or for all.... but it's a fact that players (no matter in what "faction" you are) are not the ones to blame in this situation.
  • Options
    Prediction:
    1. No bans ... no one is getting penalized for playing what they were allowed to play
    2. If you have the shards in your account they are going away
    3. If you leveled up malak, they will take remaining shards and charge you GET1 credit
    4. If you already had 7*, and converted into shard shipment, you will get that shard store credit removed or charged
    5. Some mix of these.... people are going to end the day with a negative balance in some of these stores

Either way I want to see what happens and read CGs response
  • Options
    CG Developer 1: "Oh no, look what I've done....this can't get any worse!"
    Cg Developer 2: "I'm going to launch the Malak event...hold my beer."
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Ultra
    11541 posts Moderator
    Options
    From the announcement it seems they'll remove the extra shards from players who already unlocked him
  • Options
    I assume that i should not level up his mods to 6E if they will be taking away the shards? Would be nice to know what their plan is before the weekend so we're not in limbo
  • Options
    Ramchop wrote: »
    If no one cares why do you comment like ur upset lol

Nobody cares if ya quit the game.

Also people just don't get if they let people keep the shards it's more harmful to the game than letting them keep them. Alot more people would leave in a mass exodus because of the time they put in to 7* him.

If that were the case ppl would quit every time a ptp toon went ftp.
  • Options
    Pffff, what if someone doesn't want to be charged with GET currency? Let's say ppl are OK with 5* Malak and hoarding GET for GenSky - why devs' fault should hurt their plans?
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Really going out on a limb on #1 lol
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    On the bright side, I'll never feel compelled to do that insanely difficult LS battle for 1050 shard currency again.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    I completed the event, got 150 shards and was happy to finally move Malak from 6 to 7*. It took me about a hour. I was raging (again) at light side part but was happy they finally gave us something for free. I saw a chance to get General Skywalker and have at least some GeC ready to spent on him and not for 1 year old Malak...
    I don't feel like an exploiter for completing the event and you shouldn't apologise them for releasing "bugged" event (it's 3rd time - get it straight omg). Also it took them forever to admit there are unintended rewards so it makes it even worse.
    I'm expecting HEFTY apology, returning gear spend on Malak and nice message admiting you are bunch of greedy *****. But well I guess that will not happen so it's time to ragequit finally. Enjoy your whaleworld ****.
  • Options
    Dmitry_M81 wrote: »
    Pffff, what if someone doesn't want to be charged with GET currency? Let's say ppl are OK with 5* Malak and hoarding GET for GenSky - why devs' fault should hurt their plans?

Why does what you want matter?
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Really going out on a limb on #1 lol

I think that one should be a given. Before the devs actually spoke up there was a lot of debate on the forums whether or not this was intentional. How could they justify punishing someone who did the event, but doesn't have an account on the forums?
  • Options
    This screwup is HUGE!!! The multiple levels that will have to be undone. People who put gear and relics on their malak b/c they leveled up...b/c the game allowed them to level up. I don’t envy CG, I don’t feel sorry for them.... but I am glad I don’t work there today
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    The same post you are talking about says they are removing the shards.

How easy is it to individually undo things when some people already upgraded their Malak, and potentially upped his gear level? And what if they had him at 7* already, and just got a big stash of shard shop currency which is already spent? How easy is it to go through every account to reset such things?

CG takes “screenshots” of the game every day. So they resort to a “screenshot”, save point, system restore, etc. (Whatever you want to call it) they don’t/won’t need to do anything on an individual player basis. They just go “back into the future” and nothing ever happened... nobody ever beat the event.

Yes, but how easy is it to reset specific things only on accounts that replayed the event, and not reset the other non-glitch activities from that time? It took a long time for them to refund Sith Assassin’s gear after they made her arena irrelevant with the last second tack on Malak ability. And their first attempt at the rollback didn’t work. Lots of players were left out unintentionally so that they had to try again. Anyone who was left our made it known so it could be fixed. How many people who got free stuff will speak up so it can be taken away when CG screws up their first attempt at a fix?

The better example is when they accidentally gave out God mods. They rolled it back to the “screenshot” pretty easily... which they’ll do all over again... pretty easily with the only side affect being drama from the community. Maybe it takes a couple of days. The sith assassin solution obviously wasn’t as pressing of an issue.
  • Options
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    The same post you are talking about says they are removing the shards.

How easy is it to individually undo things when some people already upgraded their Malak, and potentially upped his gear level? And what if they had him at 7* already, and just got a big stash of shard shop currency which is already spent? How easy is it to go through every account to reset such things?

Exactly. It's not like we as players can just sit and not farm the shard shop as they potentially wait weeks to actually do something. I got the 70 shards I still needed before Inread the forums today. I already promoted my malak since I use him. I visited the shatd shop to look and see what's in there and bought gear I need so it automatically converted the excess. I'm not going to not get gear out of the shop just because they messed up. I'm sure very few players will.
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/HvimyTnd3Tk
    https://youtu.be/scEAyiIHiWs

Take a close look CG. This is where you are driving us.
    Consider it by making your choices regarding the Malak event.
  • Options
    Sorry this is so out of context now cause of the merge, was in response to someone else’s thread.

Yea 60k GET refund would be great but we all know that’s never going to happen. They want us to spend on gear and laugh at us for spending on a useless character (GAS)

So the only way to be fair is to wind the clocks back and take back the malak shards. Too many have got for free when the p2p not only spent money, we spent 4 months of GET on him. Has to be rolled back or refunded imo.
    Richfxxx wrote: »
    No, everyone who spent 60k GET on malak loses. So we should spend 4 months worth of GET and you get for free, that’s not how it works. They need to roll it back

If you play event again you get shard shop currency so you receive some benefit, wasn’t the player community’s fault this happened, surely fairer way would be give accounts with 7* Malak some GET currency as compensation for their error? That way no one in community pays for devs error?

Be just as easy to do that as a hotfix

• Options
    I do think there will be the “by exceptions” like the people who were planning on keeping the 5* malak and working towards Gen Sky that will require a phone call to fix

• Options
    what are the chances that we get an actual explanation tonight of how they plan on fixing this (other than just "removing the extra shards")? 0 or 0.00?