Replay malak event. It gives shards [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    Add to that, the amount of refunds people may/may not be asking for.
    If you buy something in a store (a rl one, not swgoh) and it's not fit for purpose (ie g12.5 pieces or relic packs, you are, by law, entitled to a full refund.
  • Options
    No one at CG cares. If you didn't have him at 7* g13 already you are not a whale. If you are not a whale you can rage all you like, they don't care.
  • Options
    You don't get it, it's not about the "bonus shards", it's about everyone who used 57k GET to 7* him got royally screwed over because of this bug if they let people keep those shards and don't roll back Malaks to what they were years.

Why are they screwed over? They had time to enjoy malek and now probably have gas
  • Sewperbad
    56 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    ...that'll please the community as a whole.

I'm sorry, what?

yea, that's crazy talk. pleasing the community as a whole is damm near impossible.

They are the ones that made the game to have two halves constantly arguing instead of a fluid game that works for everyone. They keep increasing the gap between whales and dolphins. There’s no middle anymore you’re one or the other. This is by way of poor decisions from management and developers, but I’m certain since I didn’t kiss their feet this post will be removed so whatever. Game is complete trash now.

• Options
    Throw in the wasted time if they rip it all back as well, I don't know many who would play the event otherwise but I know plenty who would have spent hours battling the RNG and switching mods because there was an incentive to do it and getting that reward makes it fun.

But this game isn't about worthwhile content, rewards or fun, we all know that and CG constantly remind us of it and yet we keep coming back like the **** we are.
  • Options
    GBahia03 wrote: »

Rerolling the game to before the event takes place will literally get them sued from people who bought items.

Nah, the gear would get refunded....people will just have to wait until they have Malak up to 7 stars to put it back on him. This was an obvious bug...anyone who rushed and bought gear to put it on him before CG opened for business today should have known better.
    Deleting malaks from players accounts is out of the equation.

If someone ended up doing DS twice or LS twice without being qualified to attempt the other version, then yes, Malak should be removed from their account and they should go back to their prior shard total. For those who already had him at 5 or 6 stars and used the shards from the bug to promote him, why on Earth would they "delete" their Malak? Those people already had Malak BEFORE the event....it's just a matter of reverting him back to 5 or 6 star and refunding any gear applied since the event start time.

It’s there own negligence for launching an event when people aren’t in the office. Putting the game on autopilot has proven to be there biggest issue.
  • TVF
    36756 posts Member
    Options
    Baldy, is that you?!

Signs point to yes.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11578 posts Moderator
    Options
    JZ95 wrote: »
    Baldy, is that you?!

Nah baldly quit, my hair is fine
    How's the bahamas?
  • Options
    Really there are zero good options to solve this, however whichever solution they come up will sooner is way better than later.

Likely we will have to wait until after the weekend and likely that will cause even more FUD among all - especially the players not on forums who are pretty surely clueless about their Malaks likely to be downgraded/taken away entirely....
  • Options
    Totally agree

I just got dumped out of my top 100 in arena thanks to all the new 7* Malaks on my shard. Big joke
    Sewperbad wrote: »
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    ...that'll please the community as a whole.

I'm sorry, what?

yea, that's crazy talk. pleasing the community as a whole is damm near impossible.

They are the ones that made the game to have two halves constantly arguing instead of a fluid game that works for everyone. They keep increasing the gap between whales and dolphins. There’s no middle anymore you’re one or the other. This is by way of poor decisions from management and developers, but I’m certain since I didn’t kiss their feet this post will be removed so whatever. Game is complete trash now.

• Options
    Or just leave it as WAI as a perfectly legitimate catch-up element that they've constantly talked about bringing to the game and that works super effectively and do it again for GAS and other future toons with this stupid 5* unlock. The whales that can afford to horde GET1 can do so, the rest can just wait for the 3rd go around to 7* them instead knowing that the whales will have 6 months of exclusive usage. It's not like GET1 is monetised in anyway for CG anyway so all it costs them is the F2P guys can buy a bit more gear with the GET currency while the whales will use cash to get that stuff anyway as they always have.

But this is far too logical and good to the player base to actually happen.
  • Options
    To make some kind of announcement would be nice. Everyone freaking out and more and more are putting in in on gear and relics is only gonna make this worse
  • Options
    Stop posting useless topics. We get it, now go away.

We get it ur annoyed now leave lmao

Make a new topic telling me to do that, I couldn't quite hear you.

What? I cant hear you? Maybe speak up you [censored ... ... ... ] ; )
  • Options
    This was an obvious bug...anyone who rushed and bought gear to put it on him before CG opened for business today should have known better.

...except, no.

The game displayed Starforge as an upcoming event for people who had previously completed it. This was clearly visible for days. Like, during the workweek even.

During the entire time that it was listed as an upcoming event, you could click on the "rewards" button to see what rewards would be dropping.

Let's imagine that it's just so completely obvious to any player that CG couldn't possibly have intended to make a formerly P2P character F2P (because that's never been done before). Well then you have to ask,
    Doesn't CG have a single employee who plays this game and previously unlocked Malak?

Obviously I can't verify whether they do or don't, but they keep telling us that they play the game, that they are fans of the game, and that they play these cool, powerful, meta toons.

So if we assume that CG is not a bunch of liars, as is the obviously decent thing to do with people you don't know, then they're playing the game and some have unlocked Malak. Taking as a premise that it's completely obvious that you shouldn't be able to play the event for rewards (and not just for fun), then CG had plenty of warning from all their SWGOH-playing employees that this was happening days in advance.

So, if they had plenty of warning that this was happening days in advance, and anyone would realize this is a big deal and not to be tolerated, then it certainly follows that they would have talked amongst themselves about this days before the event went live...

...and yet they let the event go live.

The only reasonable conclusion is that the game was WAI unless you just start out with the assumption that CG is

1. lying about having SWGOH-players on staff, or
    2. completely incompetent, so that the employees saw something obviously wrong, but utterly failed to do something about it for four days in a row.

So you can claim that players "should have known better", but the only way that claim has any merit is if CG should NOT have known better.

Personally, I think that if we're going to hold anyone accountable for needing to know better, it's the people who are actually paid a salary to know better.

Stop advocating the punishment of the players for simply operating as if CG doesn't lie to them. You can be as cynical as you want, but I actually believe that they do have employees that play this game. I believe those employees did see this event in advance in the events queue.

If they treated the event as if everything was WAI, then i should be able to treat the event the same way.
  • Options
    Just got dumped out of my arena Shard top 100 by all my rivals who could not beat me but suddenly got 7* Malak. This is not cool EA.

I think it may be time to quit this game. No wonder Carrie got out !
  • Options
    Entus wrote: »
    NooGenii wrote: »
    Entus wrote: »
    The optimal fix would be to go back in time and make sure they didnt do it in the first place. Thats what rolling the DB back will do. The only reasonable solution.

What would that rollback affect? What about any and all farming/gearing efforts made since then, especially in things unrelated to Malak? The player that just got a good roll on signal data, and took his/her JKA to another relic level... is that gone too?

Yes it will be gone. But u could just reroll..no resources lost. It would only effect the time period from the start to when they shut it down. I

Resources being lost isn’t equivalent to rng being lost someone could’ve rolled a god mod in that period and it gets reversed that’s ridiculous.
  • Options
    dcbfan wrote: »
    dcbfan wrote: »
    You all promoting this bug, is no different then what McMole and BullDogg did. In the interest of fairness you all should be banned for 30 days at least too.

Pointing out an issue with an event is not the same thing as showing someone how to hack a game. If you can’t see that, they should rollback your brain.

Promoting a bug is the same and should be handled the same way, Period!

LIES!!! How many people exploited bugs with raids throughout the life time of this game. No one was punished or had rewards rolled back. They didn’t even stop the raids being attempted. They messed up they suffer not the players.
  • Options
    Well, it's 4:30 California time.

When do CG's normal daily work hours end? I'm now doubting that there will be a fix before Monday.

In fact, I'm doubting that there will even be communication about what the intended plan of action is before Monday.
  • Options
    If this goes into (and presumably through) the weekend without being rolled back I think it's past the point of no return. More gear will be bought and added, relics leveled up, it's quickly becoming if not already nearly impossible to roll back even if they want to
  • Options
    Well, it's 4:30 California time.

When do CG's normal daily work hours end? I'm now doubting that there will be a fix before Monday.

In fact, I'm doubting that there will even be communication about what the intended plan of action is before Monday.

Well they are based out of Sacramento. So I would think they could post something before 5pm
  • Options
    Can we just all recieve 53,2k GET and close the case? :#
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    The same post you are talking about says they are removing the shards.

How easy is it to individually undo things when some people already upgraded their Malak, and potentially upped his gear level? And what if they had him at 7* already, and just got a big stash of shard shop currency which is already spent? How easy is it to go through every account to reset such things?

CG takes “screenshots” of the game every day. So they resort to a “screenshot”, save point, system restore, etc. (Whatever you want to call it) they don’t/won’t need to do anything on an individual player basis. They just go “back into the future” and nothing ever happened... nobody ever beat the event.

Yes, but how easy is it to reset specific things only on accounts that replayed the event, and not reset the other non-glitch activities from that time? It took a long time for them to refund Sith Assassin’s gear after they made her arena irrelevant with the last second tack on Malak ability. And their first attempt at the rollback didn’t work. Lots of players were left out unintentionally so that they had to try again. Anyone who was left our made it known so it could be fixed. How many people who got free stuff will speak up so it can be taken away when CG screws up their first attempt at a fix?

The better example is when they accidentally gave out God mods. They rolled it back to the “screenshot” pretty easily... which they’ll do all over again... pretty easily with the only side affect being drama from the community. Maybe it takes a couple of days. The sith assassin solution obviously wasn’t as pressing of an issue.

Taking away mods is different than... removing some shard, demoting characters, pulling gear off of those characters, and refunding it if they are no longer capable of having that gear, removing some shard shop currency, removing gear that was purchased with that currency, and sorting out which currency and gear was gained legitimately so it can be separated from the gear and currency that was gained from the glitch.
  • Options
    Daishi wrote: »
    Why CG has no options except a rollback:

Scenario 1: Ignore the bug and free shards to everyone.

Problem: Players who spent GET are angry about the amount of wasted GET that could have bought gear or GAS shards. 57k GET worth of shards would have been the most rewarding event in SWGOH history and only been worth shard shop currency for those with 7* already.

Scenario 2: Leave the shards but give everyone who had 7* Malak before the event 57000 GET.

Problem: Many people didn't spend more to unlock GAS knowing it would take 4-6 months of GET to max him. If theyd known an extra 57k GET was coming they would have worked/spent to get GAS.

Solution: They would have to re-release the GAS event immediately to give those the option to try again/whale harder.

Either of those scenarios results in **** from some portion of the player base. The only real option is a rollback. Ideally they would simply reload a player save for the entire playerbase from before malak event dropped, refunding any cash purchases made during that time, and giving everyone max TW rewards and 2k Crystal's.

What will they do? Probably make the situation worse and make EVERYONE mad

Don't see a problem at all with scenario 2. If you didn't spend for gas the first time, too bad. You weren't hosed at all if you get all your get back that you spent on malak but don't have gas. You now have an advantage you didn't have before so you should be thrilled. You can now but a crap ton of gear or hoard for the second coming of gas. This is the most logical solution that **** the least amount of people off. A roll back would create mayhem and perhaps a unrecoverable loss of players.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    We flagged the team, but it is currently 3am there. It seems like a bug, but we wont hear anything about this for a few hours.
    kyno
    Why does CG release events in the middle of the night? Seems like it'd be in everyone's best interest to release them during morning work hours after they had their coffee so the can shut down or fix events like this that have problems.

Because this is a global game and events like this run on local time. There is no single time that would work for everyone.
  • Options
    9 minutes until 5 PST still nothing...

Whoah...big gulps huh? Welp...see ya later
  • Options
    Everyone will be happy if they launch event again, everyone gets 150 shards + everyone gets GET refund in the summ they spent on Malak + they take back shard shop currency; that's the only option to please everyone affected by glitch
  • Options
    AceCV wrote: »
    Right now.... after more than 10h without ANY official info about the issue... no actions taken to stop colateral effects... and with an huge amount of variables in the situations where people collected shards and even in the ones that didn't collect... they CAN'T rollback this efficienty and fairly.

So, it's damage control they are thinking about now.... but no way they will be able to make everyone happy....not gonna happen people.... it's another situation like guild hopping, extra raids, pre crafted gear, etc, etc, etc.

You expected anything else from CG.

• Options
    It hurts my heart how many posts in this thread cant add 75 + 75. Its not 140 its not 145 and its not 185 FFS haha