Reconciliation Plan!?

Replies

• Options
    CG are amazing. First they screw up, then they **** up trying to fix their screw up. They are amazing. Good job guys, keep screwing over everyone(besides the whales) for your mistake!

• Options
    Joamil wrote: »
    So the whales that already had Malak at 7 stars in the beginning of the event get a bonus of 2250 GET because... why? Can someone explain they to me please?

Shard shop currency. Not GET. I would prefer GET but it's Shard Shop Currency.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Myriddan wrote: »
    My biggest problem with this while thing, there has been no in game communication. So people can still be gearing him as we speak. Kyno why hasn't there been any in game communication about why the event was removed and warning people not to gearing Malak, etc?

Not sure.

But anything purchased to out in him will be returned and they will have a chance to unlock him shortly.
  • Chucko_marek
    3817 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Myriddan wrote: »
    My biggest problem with this while thing, there has been no in game communication. So people can still be gearing him as we speak. Kyno why hasn't there been any in game communication about why the event was removed and warning people not to gearing Malak, etc?

Not sure.

But anything purchased to out in him will be returned and they will have a chance to unlock him shortly.

The next 2 months of me saving to get enough GET to buy the 75 shards is going to be real short. 🙄
  • Options
    well if I dont get my money after the roll back its wrongful deception intended to result in financial or personal gain
  • Options
    Wouldn’t it be much more fair and less controversial to give everyone the Shard Shop Currency? If they level the playing field, especially since that really isn’t much gear. Make do on that promise to make gearing easier too.

Obviously keeping Malak isn’t viable, but neither is rewarding people who got to thrive off of him for MONTHS during the meta.

Pull the shards, refund people who paid for gear and want a refund. Give everyone crystals and currency. It’s not game breaking yet it’s fair.

And this is from someone who doesn’t have either Revan.
  • Options
    Wouldn’t it be much more fair and less controversial to give everyone the Shard Shop Currency?
    Yes.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Wouldn’t it be much more fair and less controversial to give everyone the Shard Shop Currency?
    Yes.

I’ll take 18.5k GET. Enough to buy my 75 shards back. 😉
  • Options
    What the fork is with this pork in the stork
  • Options
    What happens to people that got the extra shards, got malak to 7*, and spent the remaining GET on gear?
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Ededed wrote: »
    kyno
    So if I'm reading you correctly - those with 7* malak and did both sides for 150 shards get keep the shard shop currency while everyone else is having the actual shards pulled but replaced with the equivalent shard shop currency to bring them to 2250 total. Right?
    So in the end everyone will have 2250 currency plus 250 crystals?

Cuz the dev post made it sound like Only 7* malak owners were being given the currency.
    Thanks for the clarification.

Anyone who has a 7* before this event will end up at the same place, with 2250 shard shop currency and 250 crystals.

Anyone who did stuff this round for the first time will keep it and get 250 crystals.

Anyone who couldnt do the event, will still get 250 crystals.

You left out a middle cohort that people are questioning.

Anyone who had a 5* or 6* Malak before this event will end up at the same place, with 250 crystals and a middle finger? Do I keep the 750 shard currency I got for cashing in 50 shards, since I was at 6* 0/100 for the day? I only spent credits to move mods and level Malak, do we get our credits refunded? Why is this group getting disregarded?
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    The only equitable solution is to take everyone's Malak away except mine.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • DJT1
    70 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Anyone who thinks the reconciliation is fair is deluded.
    The shard store currency stays there for 7 star owners, why wouldn’t everyone get the shard currency so it’s equal for the whole player base? Everyone gets 250 gems but 7 star owners get 2250 shard store currency and those without 7 star get no shard store currency...
    It’s black and white unfair

Unless the reconciliation post was worded incorrectly and all players get the 2250 shard store currency, but that’s not how it currently reads

Cheers
  • Davie96
    65 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    People are misunderstanding the plan. If a person had a 7 star Malak, and didn't redo the event today, will get the full reward. If a person had a 7 star Malak, and redid one side of the event and got shards, will receive half of the shards. If a person had a 7 star Malak, and redid both sides of the event, they already got their shard shop currency.

Edit to add: 2250 shard shop currency full reward & 1125 shard shop currency half reward
  • Ededed
    43 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Davie96 wrote: »
    People are misunderstanding the plan. If a person had a 7 star Malak, and didn't redo the event today, will get the full reward. If a person had a 7 star Malak, and redid one side of the event and got shards, will receive half of the shards. If a person had a 7 star Malak, and redid both sides of the event, they already got their shard shop currency.

Actually i think everyone understands that part. What they don't understand is why Only 7* owners get to keep (basically) the 150 bugged shards worth of stuff.
    Not just keep but are being given if they didn't even do it in the first place.
    And no one, or no one with sense, is asking to actually keep the shards themselves. Just the equivalent.
    UpTheIrons
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    DJT1 wrote: »
    The shard store currency stays there for 7 star owners, why wouldn’t everyone get the shard currency so it’s equal for the whole player base? Everyone gets 250 gems but 7 star owners get 2250 shard store currency and those without 7 star get no shard store currency...

Unless the reconciliation post was worded incorrectly and all players get the 2250 shard store currency, but that’s not how it currently reads

Cheers

Correct. The way its currently worded the only people who get shard shop currency are those that had 7* Malak at the beginning of the event.

No one else gets shard shop currency.

Everyone gets crystals.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

Cheers

Should have gotten 7* the first two times.

cigar_money_burn.jpg

(It does seem a bit odd though)
  • Options

Actually i think everyone understands that part. What they don't understand is why Only 7* owners get to keep (basically) the 150 bugged shards worth of stuff.

I suppose to balance it out. Anyone that did the event basically already got the currency.
  • AceCV
    994 posts Member
    Options

And the 6* owners that place him at 7*? They earn something between 5 shards equivalent in shard shop currency and 145 shards equivalent.

And the others that didn't had Malak at all or didn't max it? Why they shouldnt have shop currency too?

And this is only 1 of dozens of problems where there was no answer, plan or they even though about it (Credits, 6E mods, crafted gear, gear 12 finishers, GET 1 used for Malak shards between the bug and the rollback, crystals, packs, etc, etc, etc)
  • DJT1
    70 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Cheers

cigar_money_burn.jpg

I was on 20/100 so in the home stretch...don’t mind the shards being reset and gear etc that’s equitable (I don’t pay for gear but can see why those that did would be peeved).

But the fact that having 7 star entitles you to 2250 shard store currency but not having 7 star doesn’t entitle you to it is plain wrong. The whole player base should be left in the same position, not rolling out treats to the favourites
  • Options

Cheers

cigar_money_burn.jpg

I was on 20/100 so in the home stretch...don’t mind the shards being reset and gear etc that’s equitable (I don’t pay for gear but can see why those that did would be peeved).

But the fact that having 7 star entitles you to 2250 shard store currency but not having 7 star doesn’t entitle you to it is plain wrong. The whole player base should be left in the same position, not rolling out treats to the favourites

I suppose if you were at 6 star, you would have used those shards to rank Malak up to 7 star.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

Cheers

cigar_money_burn.jpg

But the forums are all about entitlement! 'Bout time I got mine.
  • Options
    JaxonUop wrote: »
    Here’s the main problem. The folks at CG running the show are complete ****. The Guy in charge and the QA manager, if there is one, should be fired. There is no quality assurance on any rollout in this game. Each event has a bug, an oversight, basically a huge Eff Up.

Nothing with these jokers surprises me anymore. It is what it is and it will always be sea world and to hell with the rest.

Anyone who spent money after this “glitch” to gear Malak should file a refund request.

Agreed. If you spent money request a refund. Bottom line is CG advertised an event “Star Forge” that clearly stated the rewards (75 shard for both light side and dark side). Revoking those rewards after the fact is just setting themselves up for more problems. Although I am sure they are covered in the EUA because... this is EA/CG.
  • Options
    If they aren't going to refund the money spent for the sole purpose of gearing up malak, then it's time to start disputing the purchases. There's no reason to let them scam you out of your money. Filing disputes is what we have advised our whole alliance to do.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Mitch08 wrote: »
    If they aren't going to refund the money spent for the sole purpose of gearing up malak, then it's time to start disputing the purchases. There's no reason to let them scam you out of your money. Filing disputes is what we have advised our whole alliance to do.

Serious question, do you think you won't be getting Malak again with that gear or something?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

I suppose to balance it out. Anyone that did the event basically already got the currency.
    5* and 6* Malak owners don't get any currency....especially if they didn't participate in the event before CG pulled it. 7* owners get currency regardless. It's not balancing out anything. It's giving a hand out to the players who need it the least.

Honestly, I don't understand how a rational adult could look at the reconciliation plan and think "Yep, that looks fair."

I realize we're basically only talking about 2 full carbantis here - but it's the principle.

• Options

5* and 6* Malak owners don't get any currency....especially if they didn't participate in the event before CG pulled it. 7* owners get currency regardless. It's not balancing out anything. It's giving a hand out to the players who need it the least.

Honestly, I don't understand hiw a rational adult could look at the reconciliation plan and think "Yep, that looks fair."

I realize we're basically only talking about 2 full carbantis here - but it's principle.

You are somewhat right. I don't disagree. I was at 70/100. I used the 30 shards for upgrading Malak to 7 star, and put the rest into shard shop currency. I did get some use from them.

• Options

Honestly, I don't understand hiw a rational adult could look at the reconciliation plan and think "Yep, that looks fair."

I realize we're basically only talking about 2 full carbantis here - but it's principle.

I suppose what they should have done is given the currency to everyone who didn't do the event to be completely fair.