Reconciliation Plan!?

Replies

• Options
    I'm just a horder 10 minutes to play every day
    Saving up for whatever I guess
    Dosen't matter anymore
  • Options
    The answer is pretty clear.

More rewards for the malak 7* (because it includes the whales)

Now no one can get malak 7* (and the non malak 7 owner will never receive any compensation, no whale included). Even if it is only for 3 days, some people will miss the shot for geo TB.

Problem solved ! No more f2p can frightened the whales, genius !

https://media2.giphy.com/media/Z5HVfEvnxr67u/200.webp?****=790b7611264777d846a62d1d2cb94118d5239bcac4c623c5&rid=200.webp

• Options
    "Well, you see, some people that got him to 7* were able to do the event again, get more shards, that they turned into more currency, which they bought gear with. So we can't really track all of those gear purchases down."

"Alright, so what are we going to do to make things right?"

"We're going to give the people who did that even MORE shard currency, and then take Malak's availability away from everyone else."

Have I gone crazy? Is this what being crazy feels like?
  • Options
    Only 250 Crystal's for everyone!!!

Remember the days when people were happy to get 3 chewbacca shards and 10k gold ahh how times have changed.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Darksebou wrote: »
    I hope they will refund all stuff we have put on Malak. I keep stuff from some month to put him at lvl13. So 8 pieces of stuff, all for gear max and relic lvl4 at the moment.... If they forget something it will be so sade. Why they don't put negative guild event money????!!!! We will be all at the same level of spend.
    I'll finally go to stop this game, they want to make money and money and money. Only do thi gs for cash player. I have a family, I'll spend sometime in SWGoH but my money is for my family before the game.
    They make an error, so be cool and stop to give only 250 crystal, you are rats..... The best way is to make negative guild event money....

Oh, yeah, I’m sure zero people would complain about that.
  • mountaineer30680
    35 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Liath wrote: »
    Darksebou wrote: »
    I hope they will refund all stuff we have put on Malak. I keep stuff from some month to put him at lvl13. So 8 pieces of stuff, all for gear max and relic lvl4 at the moment.... If they forget something it will be so sade. Why they don't put negative guild event money????!!!! We will be all at the same level of spend.
    I'll finally go to stop this game, they want to make money and money and money. Only do thi gs for cash player. I have a family, I'll spend sometime in SWGoH but my money is for my family before the game.
    They make an error, so be cool and stop to give only 250 crystal, you are rats..... The best way is to make negative guild event money....

Oh, yeah, I’m sure zero people would complain about that.

But it would be fair... And just to be clear, I had Malak 7* before this, so I'd be one of the ones with a negative shard store balance. Everyone is right, this current plan isn't fair to anyone except those of us who already had him 7* before this event. If anything, IMO, the only proper way to do this would be to leave it alone and if you're doing anything give the GET1 currency to folks who bought the shards in the store prior to the event.

Leave it out with the swearing ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • AliO
    22 posts Member
    Options
    Just to be clear -- Communication and equality is all we ask for CG. People quit in droves after relics, then again after GAS and again after this Malak debacle. Keep your customers happy (We're not asking for anything outlandish, just transparency, self-accountability and equality) and this game can live on! It's not the vocal minority that's upset...It's a large part of the higher-end players and guilds.

Give everyone a fair reward or suck it up and let everyone keep the shards from teh Malak event. Consider it a one time, good faith gesture to appease your customers. I mean, shoot, if you would have just given everyone and not just the 7* owners shard currency, I'm sure we all would have been OK. Sure, some would still be upset, but at the end of the day you admit your mistake (Instead of calling it an exploit for YOUR MISTAKE) and keep the community happy.

I remember wehen the servers woudl go down for an hour or two and you would throw us 500 crystals...This is a debacle and the compromise is unfair...And you go silent for 4 days now, LOL!
  • Options
    The biggest issue I have with this whole fiasco is accountability.

Somehow, the player base are the ones being held accountable for a CG release gaffe.

In the real world, a person makes a mistake and can either:

1) Live with it, learn from it and try not to repeat it thus growing in the process.

2) Blame everyone one else for the mistake, from lack of information, wrong information, or no information to go off of.

#2 seems to be the way the Silicone Valley tech heads roll, thus proving they live in a bubble.

Mistakes are not MEANT to be ret-conned.

You make it, you own it, you move on.

What you DO NOT DO is find a way to roll back time to pretend it didn't happen.

Accountability.

• Options
    AliO wrote: »
    Just to be clear -- Communication and equality is all we ask for CG. People quit in droves after relics, then again after GAS and again after this Malak debacle. Keep your customers happy (We're not asking for anything outlandish, just transparency, self-accountability and equality) and this game can live on! It's not the vocal minority that's upset...It's a large part of the higher-end players and guilds.

Give everyone a fair reward or suck it up and let everyone keep the shards from teh Malak event. Consider it a one time, good faith gesture to appease your customers. I mean, shoot, if you would have just given everyone and not just the 7* owners shard currency, I'm sure we all would have been OK. Sure, some would still be upset, but at the end of the day you admit your mistake (Instead of calling it an exploit for YOUR MISTAKE) and keep the community happy.

I remember wehen the servers woudl go down for an hour or two and you would throw us 500 crystals...This is a debacle and the compromise is unfair...And you go silent for 4 days now, LOL!

Right?!? Half the time I'd log in and not even know what problem the crystals were for until after the fact. But CG was invested in "making things right" back then. Now it seems to be more of a "take it and like it" attitude.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • Options
    I’m really hoping Kyno comes through for the community and is able to impress upon the devs that this reconciliation plan is being received so horribly by the players. This will be a massive mistake and greatly effect the trajectory of this game.
  • AliO
    22 posts Member
    Options
    ZaneMorell wrote: »
    I’m really hoping Kyno comes through for the community and is able to impress upon the devs that this reconciliation plan is being received so horribly by the players. This will be a massive mistake and greatly effect the trajectory of this game.

I'd be absolutely shocked if that were the case. The devs read Reddit and the forums. They watch the Youtube channels. I was shocked to hear that some of the Youtubers are scared to get banned from the game, lol. They are on the verge of a mass exodus.
  • Options
    So... without reading all 17 pages of this thread, was there a consensus on what's happening with the Malak roll back tomorrow? I unlocked him this time around, so clearly not entitled to the bonus shard shop stuff but also didn't "exploit" anything since I did exactly what the event was intended for. And I got 20 shards of his in the GET shop and geared him to lvl 8 before I saw the news that this whole thing was effed.

So.... the "reconciliation plan" announcement says that gear and relics are going to be refunded, but do I get refunded 20 shards worth of GET, and the credits to level him up to 85? Should I take my mods off him in case they get mysteriously vanished?

I asked these questions days ago and no one bothered to answer me. Surprising eh?
  • Options
    BeralCator wrote: »
    So... without reading all 17 pages of this thread, was there a consensus on what's happening with the Malak roll back tomorrow? I unlocked him this time around, so clearly not entitled to the bonus shard shop stuff but also didn't "exploit" anything since I did exactly what the event was intended for. And I got 20 shards of his in the GET shop and geared him to lvl 8 before I saw the news that this whole thing was effed.

So.... the "reconciliation plan" announcement says that gear and relics are going to be refunded, but do I get refunded 20 shards worth of GET, and the credits to level him up to 85? Should I take my mods off him in case they get mysteriously vanished?

I asked these questions days ago and no one bothered to answer me. Surprising eh?

If you were not affected by getting the "bonus" shards, your Malak should not be changed per the announcement:

What we’re going to do to correct our mistake is roll back any character star promotions and changes to the state Darth Malak was at 10/18/2019 12:01 AM PDT, for any players that received the extra shards. Any gear, relics, etc that was applied to Darth Malak will be returned to their inventory. We will be rolling back the affected Darth Malaks on 10/22/2019.

So, if you just unlocked Malak you did not receive the extra shards and should not lose progress on Malak.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    In the end everyone gets 250 crystals.

In the end everyone who has malak gets the 2k shard shop currency.

Everyone who doesnt have malak, keeps anything they earned this run and gets another crack at it.

How is that not fair?

I want to apologize for my incorrect statement here. This should have read "everyone with a 7* malak".

I apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

@Kyno So I (and others that thought non-7* Malak owners were getting screwed) was correct then? So people with 7* Malak who did nothing get 2250 SSC for doing nothing, while people with 5* and 6* Malak who did nothing get....nothing??

That's CG's idea of fair? Seriously?

Bangers and mash aren’t bland

I think you quoted the wrong post. ;)

But I know which one you are referring to. The fact that you can name the one exception actually kinda makes the point rather than refutes it though....
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    The answer is pretty clear.

More rewards for the malak 7* (because it includes the whales)

Now no one can get malak 7* (and the non malak 7 owner will never receive any compensation, no whale included). Even if it is only for 3 days, some people will miss the shot for geo TB.

Problem solved ! No more f2p can frightened the whales, genius !

https://media2.giphy.com/media/Z5HVfEvnxr67u/200.webp?****=790b7611264777d846a62d1d2cb94118d5239bcac4c623c5&rid=200.webp

this is exactly what is happening with the so called "reconciliation plan" , CG only feel obligated with reconcile with whales.

I wanna see a CG employee come here and say you are wrong
  • Options
    Save the whales I've heard... seems like people dont care much about ordinary fish
  • Options
    BeralCator wrote: »

If you were not affected by getting the "bonus" shards, your Malak should not be changed per the announcement:

What we’re going to do to correct our mistake is roll back any character star promotions and changes to the state Darth Malak was at 10/18/2019 12:01 AM PDT, for any players that received the extra shards. Any gear, relics, etc that was applied to Darth Malak will be returned to their inventory. We will be rolling back the affected Darth Malaks on 10/22/2019.

So, if you just unlocked Malak you did not receive the extra shards and should not lose progress on Malak.

That statement doesn't answer the specific question regarding mods and GET1 spent in the past 3 days.

Let's say I took my mods that were on Malak at 10/18/2019 12:01 AM PDT and put them on another character in the interim. Do they go back to Malak? Does that leave the other characters with missing mods? What about the mods currently on Malak? Do they go into inventory? Stay on him? What if they are 6E mods?

If the rollback includes mods, you potentially wreck havoc on someone's mods or cause logical issues (like if you sliced mods that were on him or sold them in the interim period).
    If the rollback doesn't include mods, you have the issue of 6E mods potentially being trapped on a 5/6* character (or vanishing?).

Same issues with GET1. If you had Malak at 5*, 5/85, got the 150 "error" shards, and then spent GET1 to get 30 more shards to get him up to 7*, do you get to keep those 30 shards? Do you get your GET1 back?

Also minor, but what about the portrait and rewards for getting a 7* Malak?

There are a lot of peripheral issues that will be caused with this rollback that I think have been overlooked or under-explained. I don't begrudge the solution the devs have chosen for this issue, but I think it's woefully light on clarity and many of us would like these questions answered before they go ahead so people can know what to expect. Or, if they haven't entirely thought through some of these things, they really need to do so before proceeding.
  • Options
    Save the whales I've heard... seems like people dont care much about ordinary fish

Dude, they're gone. Do you honestly think 5 star unlocks appeal to whales and Krakens like myself?

They do not. They have taught me not to spend on events. You might like the idea of gating the power creep of the next meta. But us Krakens and whales didn't. We're not down with this...

Don't keep blaming us for this latest string of terribly handled events.
  • Options
    Are the big spenders more angry about Ga$ being underwhelming at 5* or the sudden influx of Malak’s?
  • Options
    Same issues with GET1. If you had Malak at 5*, 5/85, got the 150 "error" shards, and then spent GET1 to get 30 more shards to get him up to 7*, do you get to keep those 30 shards? Do you get your GET1 back?

I'm actually one of these. I did not touch Malak from the end of event 2 (when I got him) to the beginning of event3.

Why? Because you get zero added value from having malak at 80/85 and only terribly minor value having him at 0/100 or even 95/100. I could spend the GET1 as soon as I get it, but the game rewards hoarding, so what did I do? I saved my GET. When I have enough to push Malak to 7*, sure, I'll spend it. But in the meantime, what happens if a big meta-defining event comes along and I need a bunch of gear quickly to get it?

By not spending on Malak, I save my ability to rush gear if needed, while I still get Malak to 7* at exactly the same time. Why wouldn't I hoard gear?

But when the third pass dropped 150 shards while I had 40k GET in the bank, now I have the situation I'm looking for: enough get to simply take the character straight to 7*.

So, no problem. I spend the GET, and I'm happy for the chance to finish him off ... but if I don't keep those shards, then CG just compromised my plan and I spent GET that I would much rather hoard.

The truth is that even if they don't remove the shards I purchased with GET, I'd rather turn in those shards that I bought and take back my GET. Does the reconciliation plan have any way of dealing with that?

No. Of course not.

=========================================================
    P.S. I've seen some people complaining about "wasting" time completing the event. I actually don't mind that part and don't feel (this is just my personal opinion, mind) that I need compensation for it. I want to play the game. So I got some time playing the game, and indeed playing one of the best events they've ever had. That's all good.

But compensating me for the time I'm going to have to spend with customer service swapping back shards for GET and getting back the Credits I spent mod-swapping etc.? Yeah, that's not fun gameplay. That's gonna need compensation for things to be made right.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    ZaneMorell wrote: »
    Are the big spenders more angry about Ga$ being underwhelming at 5* or the sudden influx of Malak’s?

Wasnt there a bunch of rage when it took forever to bring Malak back for its second run? Why was there so much anger about that if all these people needed to wait until the 3 rd time around to unlock.
  • Options
    I’d like to thank everyone that voiced their concerns here. I think the fact that so many did, and SO many agreed that CG first attempt at reconciled Rewards was not sufficient or fair. The new reconciliation plan seems much more fair. Not as good as having finished your Malak, but after all it was a mistake that rewarded shards some of us shouldn’t have received and the payout of GAT will definitely help bring him closer to being finished. This IS fair. Again Thx for voicing opinions here, I take this as a win. Which is hard to come by with CG most times. - Yoduhhhh
  • Options
    Yoduhhh wrote: »
    I’d like to thank everyone that voiced their concerns here. I think the fact that so many did, and SO many agreed that CG first attempt at reconciled Rewards was not sufficient or fair. The new reconciliation plan seems much more fair. Not as good as having finished your Malak, but after all it was a mistake that rewarded shards some of us shouldn’t have received and the payout of GAT will definitely help bring him closer to being finished. This IS fair. Again Thx for voicing opinions here, I take this as a win. Which is hard to come by with CG most times. - Yoduhhhh

Honestly I’m happier with the new plan compared to the old one. Still not perfect but no compromise is. I think both sides have a bad taste in their mouths and that means it’s probably pretty fair. Thank you for listening CG.
  • Options
    That is a surprise but a welcome one. :)
  • Options
    Please explain how it is fair to give players that didn't have 7* Malak 5k GET currency but not to those that did have him at 7*. I unlocked Malak F2P second time around and farmed to 7* using all my GET currency as the game intends so why should i and everyone else in a similar position get shafted. Just give everyone the same rewards CG, that's the only fair thing to do, and for the love of god do not do these ridiculous 5* unlocks again.
  • Options
    Robchee5e wrote: »
    Please explain how it is fair to give players that didn't have 7* Malak 5k GET currency but not to those that did have him at 7*. I unlocked Malak F2P second time around and farmed to 7* using all my GET currency as the game intends so why should i and everyone else in a similar position get shafted. Just give everyone the same rewards CG, that's the only fair thing to do, and for the love of god do not do these ridiculous 5* unlocks again.

Hope you were here advocating for same rewards when the shoe was on the other foot with their first ‘offering’?

I agree with your point, everyone should be getting the same compensation from this epic fk up, no player high or low should be any different