I finally read the compensation plan. Why are people upset?

Replies

• Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    there was clearly a glitch/bug problem which allowed people to totally jump the GET1 line, CG is rolling malak's back to the state they were, everyone who spent stuff on him is getting their stuff back, and everyone else is getting bonus shard currency, depending on if they re-did the event ls and/or ds.

This is what all the "woe is me" posts are about? what is happening??? the only possible issue is people who spent money to gear him after getting free shards they didn't earn the right way. Worst case scenario they are getting the gear back, and they can always get a refund from apple store if need be (idk anything about android).

tl;dr: so sorry you couldn't cheap your way into free malak shards, crybabies.

Here’s a reason: I am (and was) 95/100 on malak. Therefore, i don’t have a 7* malak and so do not qualify for their bizarre compensation shard giveaway to everyone with 7* Malaks. I also specifically avoided exploiting a known bug, believing I was doing the right thing. The result of that is that I also don’t get all the shard currency I could have gotten that way, since they obviously aren’t rolling back shards earned by those who exploited. So in other words, I get F’d because I chose to do the right thing and not exploit, while others in my highly competitive arena and fleet shards got a massive amount of shard currency to spend on high end gear.

TL;DR - their compensation plan screws over people who did the right thing while rewarding those who didn’t.

I am almost in the same boat with my 95/100 Malak. But I am too happy not to use the opportunity:/ and they really need to roll him back? I will get him to 13 gear immediately.
    I’d rather leave my Malak be, then get any (even such miserable) compensation.
  • Options
    hopefully there an update today
  • Options
    Coz am not waiting another 3 months do last **** fight
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    idk about any of that, just saying that thread doesn't say anything like that or what was said above. nbd

This.

That thread is stating he sees the event, not the rewards, the post is actually asking if they get rewards......

Idk maybe this isnt obvious to everyone but once an events appear in the schedule you can click the big reward button at the bottom of the event and see what is being offered well before it starts.

Why do I have to explain this basic concept, dont you guys play swgoh too?

I personally remember seeing a pic of malak shards as the rewards in another post but sorry I didnt screen shot it didnt think i needed to prove it.

Seems kinda obvious people would discussing the rewards and this event so idk why anyone would even question if the rewards (malak shards) for an event were discussed and ask for proof. The malak shards were actually on a screen in the game anyone could have clicked it, maybe you didnt but that doesn't mean it wasn't there, and if it was there your better beleive people talked about it. Plus when the event happened what did people get? Malak shards!!!

A mod basically say what a player described didnt happen and I personally remembered reading about the event appearing and seeing one post even has the screen shot of the malak shards as a reward. I remember when it did happened, people can not believe me and say that no one made a post about the event rewards i dont care. I just referenced the first easily available post just searched malak shards and it was page 2. I'm sure there are others if anyone wants to take the time to look. Anyways it was discussed in several posts, now idk if a dev saw it but a dev should have tested in game not rely on forum posts to get tipped off on bugs. How about actually click the event in game and see how what they programmed the rewards?

But that's not really the point is it?

The point is how does an event this big get botched that bad?

The malak rewards were in game for a week on the event screen and no one cared, cg didnt test, more importantly doesn't test, and this event it's a perfect example of absolutely 0 QA testing and how the game is deteriorating.

I dont need proof to know this because the only other outcome is they did QA testing and still missed it, if that's the case what were they testing? Any outcome is bad, No testing or inadequate testing.

Honestly it's kinda of sad this was such a good game. Fun and competitive for f2p and p2p. Some people I know dont even game and they had the most fun ever playing this in their free time. Lots even spent money.

now it's been cash grabbed, pay to win'd, and neglected to the point where you have to pay to have a few r7 competitive teams. and even if you do pay it's never gonna be enough based on the scoring system and freezing and buttons disappearing it's all rng in the end. If your buttons disappear you lose kyber even if you spent $1000 or $5000 or $40000, especially if you spent 40k because good luck finishing at the top of div 1 getting 60s against other 6m rosters.

A lot of veterans feel like this kind of release has become the norm for CG, the whole game feels neglected.

Feels pointless to pay (or even try as f2p) for an advantage because everything is gonna be bugged, buttons gonna disappear in combat, tw is gonna crash, tb has glitches and freezes and you dont get some of the earned rewards. So just go through the motions and collect these characters.

When something goes wrong and you take the time to get compensated you end up with a Customer service that has never played a battle and barely speaks english so communicating the gaming gap and language gap and explaining how you were wronged is impossible.

Anyways people discussed the potential of getting shards playing the event 100%.

Shards were even listed as a reward.

If ANYONE doesnt think shards were listed as a reward THEY NEED PROOF because every other event has rewards listed in the event screen.

This is all just so sad.
  • Options
    I am because I played the event 10 h+ straight, then spending Crystal's and other currencies for gear that I wouldnt have, messing up my farm plan big time and then reading about a bonus of 250 for everyone, even if they didnt play at all, and a bonus currency for all that didnt or only partly played the event.
    So 10h+ of lifetime, big disappointment and significantly messed up resource management plus a sorry excuse of a compensation for it.
  • Ph1l
    59 posts Member
    Options
    GBahia03 wrote: »
    balldman wrote: »
    Ok sorry if I’m being a bit slow. I unlocked Malak this time round. I didn’t exploit the “glitch” so didn’t get extra shards. Am I still gonna have Malak taken of me. It would really suck if I do.

P.S a simple yes or no will do here.........

Well in my honest opinion without being too optimistic and making sure I listen to you by not giving an unreasonable answer if you read the entire post created by the developers of the game then obviously you would know as a matter of fact that it holds the information you are seeking for said question you have posted right here on this forum site for everyone to see and hopefully answer such as me who will hopefully provide a well enough answer that it satisfies your need to increase your knowledge on the whole debacle regarding Malak and the fact that the whole event was bugged so basically getting back to the question I can obviously see I have already failed and this is much more than a yes or no answer and to be honest I'm just warming up my fingers on the computer so my hands dont cramp nor freeze up while playing or browsing the internet since it is quite cold where I am from and honestly after this much writing and not only warming up my fingers but also my brain by typing words to fit this paragraph I honestly forgot what I was writing about in the first place since I was literally trying to do the exact opposite you told me to do because I got literally nothing better to do at the moment since its nighttime and I have nothing else planned for the night as its nearly midnight so yeah.

No

TVF this is how to do a good gob comment read a take note
  • hoberfinkle
    18 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    MAX = 330;

if (player.malak_shards == MAX){
    rewards = null;
    }

hire me CG
    edit: I take cash or cheque
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Gama_Fox wrote: »
    I think at the end of the day people are just extremely upset/outraged over the whole format of the epic confrontation events. Massive amount of resources and time are required along with RNG to complete this event and at the end of the day all you get is a 5* character. The "reward" doesn't really match the requirements, though if you want to stay competitive you have to push for this regardless.

um, this thread isn't about GAS
    Shaddes wrote: »
    Mobile gamer spent 750 dollars on something billed as a meta breaking character. However it’s not yet, it’s pure garbage against relics. So unless you hoarded you wont get what you paid for for over 5 months!!! ****!!!! On top of all that there is another 100-200$ gearing pay wall on top of that 750 he spent for gear... for over 1000$ he got NOTHING USABLE outside f-ing Galactic war. CG needs to address this ASAP otherwise people who spent that money should look into the legal aspects of CGs business practices

loooooool if he spent a g on a char we know needed GET1. legal aspects? I think people threatening to sue for fraud etc might be the funniest thing about this event. I'm not trying to be mean, people just have no clue what fraud is legally and don't know what they can sue about.
    Can’t even use GAS for the upcoming LIGHT SIDE GALACIC REPUBLIC TB Seriously ....??? Let me guess they’re also going to require GAS in platoons? Gonna be another total joke can’t wait for that

still not about GAS
    Llanwyllin wrote: »
    What are they complaining about. Loads of people paid money or crystals for the event now CG just says we take everything back but you won’t get your money or your crystals so **** you all dear customers

um, they said you will get all gear and crystals back. did people even read the comp post?
    Ok sorry if I’m being a bit slow. I unlocked Malak this time round. I didn’t exploit the “glitch” so didn’t get extra shards. Am I still gonna have Malak taken of me. It would really suck if I do.

if you unlocked him you should be fine. this was just for people who got extra free shards (per the comp post)
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    there was clearly a glitch/bug problem which allowed people to totally jump the GET1 line, CG is rolling malak's back to the state they were, everyone who spent stuff on him is getting their stuff back, and everyone else is getting bonus shard currency, depending on if they re-did the event ls and/or ds.

This is what all the "woe is me" posts are about? what is happening??? the only possible issue is people who spent money to gear him after getting free shards they didn't earn the right way. Worst case scenario they are getting the gear back, and they can always get a refund from apple store if need be (idk anything about android).

I am personnally upset because CG transformed a bug that helped the one that are late to catch up a little bit with whales into a reward for whales and the other can go ****** themselves.

(I dont care for me, i am 10 shards for 7* malak)

I am just tired of the "all for the whales only" politics

whales?
    stephrad wrote: »
    Well dude, when you don't have a game to play because players are leaving, then I hope you don't wonder why the game ended. Enjoy being a whale and a hoarder. The kak'est strategy I've experienced. Who hoards GET store currency for months and months before they announce an event and the character being available in the store. I will have to wait 3 more months before I get a 7* Malak again. Yes, 3 months which I'm not willing to wait and leaving the game the moment I get my refund for all my spend I've made on this game in October. Now that is fair, if they're taking back, I'm taking back.

whale? hoarder? again, you seem to be talking about GAS. I didn't get him and don't have the GET1 to level him anyway, so I'm preparing for next time. Not sure what you think you deserve a refund for, but w/e

I am personnally upset because CG transformed a bug that helped the one that are late to catch up a little bit with whales into a reward for whales and the other can go ****** themselves.

You don't make a valid point though the moment you assume that only whales unlocked Malak the first time.

Well to his credit only 882 people globally unlocked him for free, so malaak is actually whale only

that means absolutely ftp players. so if someone spent $5 3 years ago they don't count for that number. many more didn't spend to get malak the first, and second time (this is the 3rd iirc(?)). everyone had plenty of time to prepare for malak

Here’s a reason: I am (and was) 95/100 on malak. Therefore, i don’t have a 7* malak and so do not qualify for their bizarre compensation shard giveaway to everyone with 7* Malaks. I also specifically avoided exploiting a known bug, believing I was doing the right thing. The result of that is that I also don’t get all the shard currency I could have gotten that way, since they obviously aren’t rolling back shards earned by those who exploited. So in other words, I get F’d because I chose to do the right thing and not exploit, while others in my highly competitive arena and fleet shards got a massive amount of shard currency to spend on high end gear.

TL;DR - their compensation plan screws over people who did the right thing while rewarding those who didn’t.

see, we finally found someone with a valid gripe! I think people who didn't exploit but don't have a 7* malak should get the same shard currency.

They are literally giving a prize for players with 7* Malaks who exploited the bug and exchanged their extra Malaks shards in the Shard Shop for currency.

Go figure.

The people who “exploited the bug” already got their shard shop currency and aren’t getting more (unless they only did half of it). It’s the people who could have but didn’t redo the event that are getting the full shard shop currency.
  • JZ95
    167 posts Member
    Options
    So you don't think it's dumb that 7 star users got 150 (15 rancors) worth of shard shop currency? While someone with a 5 star Malak will get 0?

"Ohh but it's far from game breaking" it still doesn't make it less fair. They used the bug too. You know I'm tired of people like you defending everything the devs do.
  • thecooldue1996
    258 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I dint even fucken unlock him so there worse people off then 5 star owners and few 7 star owners few k worth shard pts is **** all. they pulled the event where most people dint even get unlock him.
  • Options
    Op lack of reading skills amazes me and most of the comments actually.

The problem is ppl spend money,crystals to make their malak 7 stars with relics and they are gonna make the rollback,so all that gear above g11 is useless.No getting the gear back in their inventory and waiting for 6 months to make him normally again 7 stars isnt a solution,what the hell they will do with their gear?
    The finisher is specific for malak only,the 6e dots,the slicings etc?They lost tons of resources in a game which every decision matters.
    With the rollback they are gonna be left behind with tons of useless gear whereas they could have used to improve their roster,now they will be at an actual disadvantage from the ppl who kept their money,crystals,gear,mods and actually use on a usable team now.
  • thecooldue1996
    258 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Fact is everything is getting refunded anyway means **** all. Whats few k worths of shard store pts when everyone has craploads of it..
  • JZ95
    167 posts Member
    Options
    Fact is everything is getting refunded anyway means **** all. Whats few k worths of shard store pts when everyone has craploads of it..

Idk, half a stun gun worth of it as a bonus to the whales while everyone else gets nothing sounds like a big deal to me.
  • DJT1
    70 posts Member
    Options

No issue with roll back from me...pass me back my mill in credits...and give ALL players the shard store currency because no player should be ahead from this mess, current post still says 7 star owners get the shard store currency...that’s the only salt from me
  • Options

The deeper underlining issue here and one which your clearly missing is that, thousands believed, that finally CG had come to their senses, and out of sheer good will made in a move which would motivate and lift the spirits of millions.

What could have been a monumental triumph in gaming history was triumphed only by CG's monumental failure to see this as an opportunity to boost ratings and capitalise on the happiness of thousands of potential spenders by stripping / banning and thrusted us all back into contempt, dismay and GET farming agony for the next 6-8 months.

AND WHY????

Well because CG had no choice! - Players who already had 7 STAR Malak, could not be happy for fellow guilders or others getting their Malak's. OH NO!!! instead they hissed, and threw their toys from the pram! They could not be happy for those bridging that gap between FTP and WHALES and all their thought was BENT on how it effected them, and what they HAD LOST! - Humility circled the drained in the first 3 seconds before messages of anger & disgust battered the forums! - No one cares about anyone else, its all about themselves and this message was hammered home to CG in such voice that CG had no choice but to treat it as a BUG and reverse everything in order to please the REAL BABIES of the game.

That's the COLD hard truth of the matter if you ask me.
  • DJT1
    70 posts Member
    Options
    Liath wrote: »
    I think at the end of the day people are just extremely upset/outraged over the whole format of the epic confrontation events. Massive amount of resources and time are required along with RNG to complete this event and at the end of the day all you get is a 5* character. The "reward" doesn't really match the requirements, though if you want to stay competitive you have to push for this regardless.

Mobile gamer spent 750 dollars on something billed as a meta breaking character. However it’s not yet, it’s pure garbage against relics. So unless you hoarded you wont get what you paid for for over 5 months!!! ****!!!! On top of all that there is another 100-200$ gearing pay wall on top of that 750 he spent for gear... for over 1000$ he got NOTHING USABLE outside f-ing Galactic war. CG needs to address this ASAP otherwise people who spent that money should look into the legal aspects of CGs business practices

loooooool if he spent a g on a char we know needed GET1. legal aspects? I think people threatening to sue for fraud etc might be the funniest thing about this event. I'm not trying to be mean, people just have no clue what fraud is legally and don't know what they can sue about.
    Can’t even use GAS for the upcoming LIGHT SIDE GALACIC REPUBLIC TB Seriously ....??? Let me guess they’re also going to require GAS in platoons? Gonna be another total joke can’t wait for that

still not about GAS
    What are they complaining about. Loads of people paid money or crystals for the event now CG just says we take everything back but you won’t get your money or your crystals so **** you all dear customers

um, they said you will get all gear and crystals back. did people even read the comp post?

if you unlocked him you should be fine. this was just for people who got extra free shards (per the comp post)

whales?
    Well dude, when you don't have a game to play because players are leaving, then I hope you don't wonder why the game ended. Enjoy being a whale and a hoarder. The kak'est strategy I've experienced. Who hoards GET store currency for months and months before they announce an event and the character being available in the store. I will have to wait 3 more months before I get a 7* Malak again. Yes, 3 months which I'm not willing to wait and leaving the game the moment I get my refund for all my spend I've made on this game in October. Now that is fair, if they're taking back, I'm taking back.

whale? hoarder? again, you seem to be talking about GAS. I didn't get him and don't have the GET1 to level him anyway, so I'm preparing for next time. Not sure what you think you deserve a refund for, but w/e

You don't make a valid point though the moment you assume that only whales unlocked Malak the first time.

Well to his credit only 882 people globally unlocked him for free, so malaak is actually whale only

that means absolutely ftp players. so if someone spent $5 3 years ago they don't count for that number. many more didn't spend to get malak the first, and second time (this is the 3rd iirc(?)). everyone had plenty of time to prepare for malak

see, we finally found someone with a valid gripe! I think people who didn't exploit but don't have a 7* malak should get the same shard currency.

They are literally giving a prize for players with 7* Malaks who exploited the bug and exchanged their extra Malaks shards in the Shard Shop for currency.

Go figure.

The people who “exploited the bug” already got their shard shop currency and aren’t getting more (unless they only did half of it). It’s the people who could have but didn’t redo the event that are getting the full shard shop currency.

The 7 star owners shouldn’t get anything the 0 5 or 6 star owners don’t get, the event was ‘bugged’...they are rolling back the extra shards non 7 star owners got BUT not rolling back shard store currency 7 star owners got...instead topping up those who didn’t fully complete the event...so just top up everyone so it comes out FAIR to all of the playing community...it’s black and white
  • Options
    Aside from the obvious inherent ridiculousness of a 5* unlock, people are upset because they catered the rollback to people who already had 7* malak (which is mostly whales).

If you already had him at 7*, they're basically just giving you shard shop currency to make up for the 7* players who got shards and converted them already. If you didn't have him at 7*, you just get rolled back.
    Players that did not receive additional shards will receive 2250 Shard Shop Currency. Players that received only one tier of additional shards will receive 1125. Players that received two tiers of additional shards will not receive any additional currency.

Everyone gets crystals, but tell me why the 7* malak owners deserve over 2K in shard shop currency on top of that? So CG once again does no QA on their software, and somehow only the 7* malak owners benefit from it.
  • DJT1
    70 posts Member
    Options
    frackme_21 wrote: »
    Aside from the obvious inherent ridiculousness of a 5* unlock, people are upset because they catered the rollback to people who already had 7* malak (which is mostly whales).

If you already had him at 7*, they're basically just giving you shard shop currency to make up for the 7* players who got shards and converted them already. If you didn't have him at 7*, you just get rolled back.
    Players that did not receive additional shards will receive 2250 Shard Shop Currency. Players that received only one tier of additional shards will receive 1125. Players that received two tiers of additional shards will not receive any additional currency.

Everyone gets crystals, but tell me why the 7* malak owners deserve over 2K in shard shop currency on top of that? So CG once again does no QA on their software, and somehow only the 7* malak owners benefit from it.

Spot on and it’s wrong
  • Options

And then the event runs again in a couple days.

Do you really want to get a refund just so you can spend that money again in a week?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    The issue mobile gamer is getting at isn't much to do with the requirements set for these Legendary Events and only getting a 5* toon - although it is certainly partly that, as well as the time taken to 7*, the toon is long passed outdated.

This game is based on collection and growth - you are encouraged to spend resources and gear to grow your GP and unlock new toons - this was not meant to be a hoarding game, which it has become.

His business is showcasing new toons, finding new meta and strategies for all of us - if he is stuck behind a 5* toon GET required, only the hoarders get to gear/level up.

What happens to mobile gamers business if he cant stay on top and provide us with the info we all seek? Same could be said for all the other youtubers in the same position with this game.

This is a collection based game - not a hoarding game and that is what the developers have made it.

In its entirety this path CG has established has broken the mechanics of the game as well as upset loyal players - which are reportedly now dropping like flies. Its bad business which ultimately threatens the existence of the game in the future.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Boo wrote: »
    This game is based on collection and growth - you are encouraged to spend resources and gear to grow your GP and unlock new toons - this was not meant to be a hoarding game, which it has become.

Yeah, but that's a choice you have to make. I make it my goal to never see a red number if I can avoid it (Omegas are a hassle--saving for a zeta means lots of red until you're done) and I'm happy. My roster isn't complete, but that just means I have things to work toward and motivate me to keep playing.

Right now I'm working on First Order for next month's GAC, while still farming shards for the General Anakin return. Why horde when I can just use something?

EDIT: Maybe a better way for me to say it is that if you think this has become a game about hording, then you easily have the power to change that. Just spend it all on the characters you have and see what happens. I practically guarantee you'll feel a sense of relief. And if you don't, you can always start hording again....
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Jubai
    112 posts Member
    Options
    Bottom line is this
    " The straw that broke the camels back"
    In the words of a popular YouTuber.
    CG have treated the community so bad for so long and most are fed up, which is why over the past week or two so many people have left and are continuing to leave in mass numbers.
    I'm sad cos I still like the game but I'm also sick of getting shafted and being expected to pay ridiculous money to stay game relevant when it actually means nothing irl
  • Options
    Idk maybe this isnt obvious to everyone but once an events appear in the schedule you can click the big reward button at the bottom of the event and see what is being offered well before it starts.

Why do I have to explain this basic concept, dont you guys play swgoh too?

I personally remember seeing a pic of malak shards as the rewards in another post but sorry I didnt screen shot it didnt think i needed to prove it.

Seems kinda obvious people would discussing the rewards and this event so idk why anyone would even question if the rewards (malak shards) for an event were discussed and ask for proof. The malak shards were actually on a screen in the game anyone could have clicked it, maybe you didnt but that doesn't mean it wasn't there, and if it was there your better beleive people talked about it. Plus when the event happened what did people get? Malak shards!!!

A mod basically say what a player described didnt happen and I personally remembered reading about the event appearing and seeing one post even has the screen shot of the malak shards as a reward. I remember when it did happened, people can not believe me and say that no one made a post about the event rewards i dont care. I just referenced the first easily available post just searched malak shards and it was page 2. I'm sure there are others if anyone wants to take the time to look. Anyways it was discussed in several posts, now idk if a dev saw it but a dev should have tested in game not rely on forum posts to get tipped off on bugs. How about actually click the event in game and see how what they programmed the rewards?

But that's not really the point is it?

The point is how does an event this big get botched that bad?

The malak rewards were in game for a week on the event screen and no one cared, cg didnt test, more importantly doesn't test, and this event it's a perfect example of absolutely 0 QA testing and how the game is deteriorating.

I dont need proof to know this because the only other outcome is they did QA testing and still missed it, if that's the case what were they testing? Any outcome is bad, No testing or inadequate testing.

Honestly it's kinda of sad this was such a good game. Fun and competitive for f2p and p2p. Some people I know dont even game and they had the most fun ever playing this in their free time. Lots even spent money.

now it's been cash grabbed, pay to win'd, and neglected to the point where you have to pay to have a few r7 competitive teams. and even if you do pay it's never gonna be enough based on the scoring system and freezing and buttons disappearing it's all rng in the end. If your buttons disappear you lose kyber even if you spent $1000 or $5000 or $40000, especially if you spent 40k because good luck finishing at the top of div 1 getting 60s against other 6m rosters.

A lot of veterans feel like this kind of release has become the norm for CG, the whole game feels neglected.

Feels pointless to pay (or even try as f2p) for an advantage because everything is gonna be bugged, buttons gonna disappear in combat, tw is gonna crash, tb has glitches and freezes and you dont get some of the earned rewards. So just go through the motions and collect these characters.

When something goes wrong and you take the time to get compensated you end up with a Customer service that has never played a battle and barely speaks english so communicating the gaming gap and language gap and explaining how you were wronged is impossible.

Anyways people discussed the potential of getting shards playing the event 100%.

Shards were even listed as a reward.

If ANYONE doesnt think shards were listed as a reward THEY NEED PROOF because every other event has rewards listed in the event screen.

This is all just so sad.

They show first time rewards all the time. The thing is that when you replay an event, you don't get the first time rewards, even though they're shown on the "possible rewards" tab.

What happened here, pretty clearly, was that they lost the data showing completions. That's why even for the people who had previously beaten the event, the tiers were showing 0 stars, instead of how many you had earned on a previous play through. Thus, if was as if you had never beaten the event before and were eligible for first time rewards.
  • Options
    What i find funny about all of this is the idea that this was caused by a “glitch/bug” in their game code. When someone makes a change to a configuration, ie; changing the requirements for an epic confrontation character to show up in the GET store, and you didnt do your due diligence on what impact that change will have on other systems that is an ooops not a bug.

Think of an excel spreadsheet. Its not a bug in excel if you modify one cell not knowing that its referenced in another sheets formula and you skew data across the board because of it. You just messed up.
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    Options

Maybe if you listened to the hundreds, perhaps thousands of players voice their frustrations then you would actually understand... but since you haven’t really listened to probably thousands of upset players then it makes sense that you wouldn’t understand.

By the way with this “glitch”. CG was supposedly notified by several players about the glitch before the event... telling them that it would give out shards. CG supposedly stonewalled like they always do and didn’t listen and well... dumpster fire.

@JediKnight_MarkRyan this is not true, would you care to divulge your source for this?

I’ll just say an old game changer said it on Saturday. Basically, CG has all these legendary & heroic events and a game changer asked them years ago “why can’t we just replay these old events for fun? The community would love that” The devs said it would reward more shards (which is a bad thing and makes sense to me).

So CG ended up making new tiers & “Mythic” tiers and such. Well... CG gave up on making new tiers (or basically making new content for old events in my opinion) and perhaps forgot that the event would reward more shards 🤷‍♂️ Since again, they have given up on making new content/tiers. They had just the event showing. And again this is supposedly/allegedly (like I said in my previous post).

Which means I can not confirm or deny whether it is true... but it does make sense to me. And if CG would like to say that nobody in any of their chats or that no one contacted them about the concern that would be great but I suspect they won’t because someone somewhere (speculation) probably did and according to an old game changer definitely did. Which again... I cannot confirm or deny. So at the end of the day it is speculation.

Since this event has been run before, this makes no sense.

Also. This is not what you said, you said they knew this was going to happen this round and nothing here proves that.

Knowing that an event run without being coded not to give rewards, would give rewards, is not proof of anything, since they have since coded events to do exactly that.

Regression testing is a thing Kyno. This is a basic scenario to apply to testing the schema. Every time you introduce a change you need to apply regression testing, as well as user acceptance testing. While testing can not detect the absence of a bug, this is basically testing something as trivial as a recursive implementation. If they didn’t set up a test for this, then it’s a glaring issue with their software development lifecycle implementation.

I agree that they likely didn’t deploy an update knowing that ineligible users would be able to participate. This is mostly a competency issue or a testing issue.

I personally couldn’t care less about the recent bugs. For the last few years the development team and those that communicate don’t appear to be able to meet deadlines with accuracy that the users can count on. They don’t have a great track record for catching these problems. There are other experiences out that are more predictable and stable than SWGoH. It just seems that CG can’t seem to meet expectations with a portion of their players. That’s a problem.

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    DJT1 wrote: »

still not about GAS

whales?

Go figure.

The 7 star owners shouldn’t get anything the 0 5 or 6 star owners don’t get, the event was ‘bugged’...they are rolling back the extra shards non 7 star owners got BUT not rolling back shard store currency 7 star owners got...instead topping up those who didn’t fully complete the event...so just top up everyone so it comes out FAIR to all of the playing community...it’s black and white

I agree but that’s not what I was responding to. The person I responded to said that they were giving a benefit to the people who exploited the bug. Which is false.
  • Options
    Jeric wrote: »
    I agree that they likely didn’t deploy an update knowing that ineligible users would be able to participate. This is mostly a competency issue or a testing issue.

The issue is that people who had already completed were supposed to be able to participate in the event (as evidenced by the second Malak event). They just weren't supposed to get rewards.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »

Yeah, but that's a choice you have to make. I make it my goal to never see a red number if I can avoid it (Omegas are a hassle--saving for a zeta means lots of red until you're done) and I'm happy. My roster isn't complete, but that just means I have things to work toward and motivate me to keep playing.

Right now I'm working on First Order for next month's GAC, while still farming shards for the General Anakin return. Why horde when I can just use something?

EDIT: Maybe a better way for me to say it is that if you think this has become a game about hording, then you easily have the power to change that. Just spend it all on the characters you have and see what happens. I practically guarantee you'll feel a sense of relief. And if you don't, you can always start hording again....

Say what you like - but this isn't meant to be a hoarding event. Players are rewarded for growing their roster and GP, such as TB where certain 7* toons are required for platoons - cant do that if everyone hoards.

The only people who have the abundance of resources, such as GET, are the whales - and fair play to them as they spent the money to get there etc.

The trouble is the requirements for these events and the reward is only a 5* toon. By the time you gather enough GETs to 7*, that toon is no longer relevant. Its a hard kick in the face to the player base and CG knows that much at least and choose to keep it as it is - this is why people are fed up and leaving.

The cost is that enough people leave and the game closes down. It is poisoning the well from which you drink - in business that is never a smart move.
  • Options

still not about GAS

whales?

Go figure.

...unless you only had 5* or 6* Malak....then you get nothing either way. At least according to Kyno's most recent post. Which is fairly (sarcastic pun) nonsensical, imho.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

Maybe if you listened to the hundreds, perhaps thousands of players voice their frustrations then you would actually understand... but since you haven’t really listened to probably thousands of upset players then it makes sense that you wouldn’t understand.

By the way with this “glitch”. CG was supposedly notified by several players about the glitch before the event... telling them that it would give out shards. CG supposedly stonewalled like they always do and didn’t listen and well... dumpster fire.

@JediKnight_MarkRyan this is not true, would you care to divulge your source for this?

I’ll just say an old game changer said it on Saturday. Basically, CG has all these legendary & heroic events and a game changer asked them years ago “why can’t we just replay these old events for fun? The community would love that” The devs said it would reward more shards (which is a bad thing and makes sense to me).

So CG ended up making new tiers & “Mythic” tiers and such. Well... CG gave up on making new tiers (or basically making new content for old events in my opinion) and perhaps forgot that the event would reward more shards 🤷‍♂️ Since again, they have given up on making new content/tiers. They had just the event showing. And again this is supposedly/allegedly (like I said in my previous post).

Which means I can not confirm or deny whether it is true... but it does make sense to me. And if CG would like to say that nobody in any of their chats or that no one contacted them about the concern that would be great but I suspect they won’t because someone somewhere (speculation) probably did and according to an old game changer definitely did. Which again... I cannot confirm or deny. So at the end of the day it is speculation.

If you have completed the event it doesnt show up any more. So why did it show? And if what you are saying is true then 1st time Malak winners should have seen this on 2nd run through but there were no complaints.

So not known issue but rather epic incompetence.