Updated Reconciliation Plan [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    Or you can say it like this: the guild was lucky enough that it could take advantage of the bug for a few days and use the unintended 7* Malaks for the TB. That might get them a few stars more, maybe only help with a few platoons though, however. For a short time, they had an advantage that other guilds don't have if their members didn't use the bug. Does that really sound fair for you? I'm on the "just give everybody the same compensation" boat. But no way anyone should keep the Malalk shards while other players had to save GET1 for months.
  • Options
    Akenno wrote: »
    I don't know why people that didn't have a 7 star Malak get the GET1 currency and those people who have a one don't.

If they give them GET1 currency everyone should get it.

You know why. GAS, that's why. I'm sure their data shows that most people who have GAS have 7* Malak. They're trying to gate his progress - not speed it up.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I'm putting a few things together and thinking, yes, she will probably be needed however....

They mentioned dusting off your first order for GAC feats.

They made a change to Advantage.

It has typically been the opposing faction needed to get the hero.

Special Forces Tie fighter pilot plays with Advantage big time. He, and his ship are the hardest farms.

Ships are now fair game in legendary events.

I'd get SF tie fighter up asap and his ship.

I'd venture to say a new droid is coming, so might wanna make sure BB-8 is up to snuff along with Rey Jedi Training.

Maybe Poe for ships.

I will do my best at preparing but I'm not spending.

And if She is a 5 star unlock, it's going to be kinda pointless to get her the first time around. Just save up GET1 and 2 if you are planning 1st time.
  • Options
    malak is not doing 3-4 stars

Well, over the course of the TB it could. If that allows platoons to be filled that otherwise could not be filled, and if it allows 4/4 in battles that used to be a wash, then it could. IF, and this is a very big if so I put it in all caps, there are enough people in your guild that have the illegitimate Malaks at 7*, G13 with relics.

Otherwise yeah, you aren't getting an additional 3-4 stars.
  • Options
    MolIza wrote: »
    That actually raises another question! If the event has launched twice before, how the F did this even happen?!?!

It seems pretty obvious -- somehow, the dataset of "who has completed this tier and gotten first time rewards" either got lost or lost its connection to the event (such as getting moved without the pointer getting updated). The event wasn't just giving out rewards on every playthrough -- it just forgot you had received the rewards so your first bugged playthrough gave them. That's why when you went into the event it showed zero stars on both tiers even if you had beaten it before.
  • Options
    All really good points!
  • Options

And if She is a 5 star unlock, it's going to be kinda pointless to get her the first time around. Just save up GET1 and 2 if you are planning 1st time.

This. So much this. And with GAS needing GET1 and Negotiator and probably Malevolence needing GET2 it is gonna be really hard to star the new EC toon up without neglecting another farm.
  • CorpseMaker77
    602 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Post edited by CorpseMaker77 on
  • Options
    I am confused by giving crystals to everyone. Why are you compensating people who are not involved? That negates this compensation completely.

Why are you treating folks with a 7 star and lower star Malaks differently? They are all impacted by the bug in one way or another Either give them all shard store currency or give them all GET1 a s zetas. Why does CG keep drawing random lines in the sand?

Are you going to get this fixed before GA lock? If theses Malaks are so dangerous that you have to roll back it does not seem fair to let people complete in the next round with them?

How are you compensating people who are losing in arena to thes pe Malak you have yet to remove?

How about just getting rid of 5 star unlock completely and refunding everyone’s GET spent on Malak and GAS? That would solve this problem and go along way to improving the game.
  • Options
    I am completely amazed by the compensations proposed.

I saw the event would allow me to get Malak shards (than I need btw), but I also immediatly understood it was an exploit, so I didn't try to get them. And now, I learn I will get LESS compensation than people who used the exploit?

That's quite an interesting and innovating policy: let's reward the people who used an exploit and therefore punish the people who didn't!

And yes, I also have quite a hard time in the Arena against people who got the their 7* Malak, but they will be better compensated too...

What am I missing there, CG?
  • Options
    Talk about the most confusing process ever.

I have Malak at 7*. Why because after the first event I hoarded my GET points. Realizing I would need 68K, I wanted to have it ready when the event came around the second time. I unlocked Malak by making sure I was ready, spending a little cash and getting him. I unlocked 7* in a few days since I was prepared.

If those that used the exploit get to keep a 7* Malak and save those thousands of GET points that is the biggest amount of bull ever.

If they get to keep 7* Malak's I want a refund of all 68K to use for gear.

It sounds like they are rolling back the Malak's for those that did not have him at 7*, but to be honest in reading through their compensation it sounds like those that used the exploit are still winning out. Those that got him honestly are just getting a few items to tie them over.

For how unhappy the community of players are, this could not come at a worst time.

Give us JLS already and make people happy again.
  • Options
    I love how many people who are pro CG insist on calling playing the event an "exploit." But the definition for exploit is:
    *to make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource).*

Literally playing any part of the game is an exploit. Including opening bronzium packs. Learn how to properly use English. Stop being so sodding dense.
  • Options
    there is so much conversation that it hard keep up... maybe this has been discussed before.... but why can’t we keep it as is?

those that did the event again.... keep the rewards.
    those that beat it before... give them the rewards.
    those that didn’t beat it before... give them the rewards but can only unlock him once they finish the event?
  • Options
    This was NOT an exploit, it was a bug.
    Please put the blame on those that caused it...
    CG

Dred Zeppelin aka DrZeppersTTV Come visit DrZeppers on twitch
  • Options
    then delay the next GAS.
  • Straegen
    194 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Just let everyone do the event twice and everyone that had 7* Malak before receives X amount of GET currency. Nothing to rollback, no bugs that are likely from said rollback, community is going to be more satisfied. It even changes the event to work more like capital ship events so their is precedence.

Go crazy and do the same thing for the GAS event. Let everyone run it twice and use their GET currency to relieve the gear crunch. This could actually be a "happy" accident that alleviates some of the animosity over the last few months of changes.
  • Options
    CG

This. People calling it an "exploit" are just using loaded language to shift the blame to the players.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Yes, I know - for 365 days in row, and you have to walk barefoot in the snow, uphill both ways. We've already had 3 people say the same (without the walking barefoot part).

I would imagine some of us (like myself) work in IT and either support or have supported Production systems used by customers.

In general, if a system generates a significant revenue stream and is used by customers 24/7, then the expectation would be that the system would be supported 24/7. That is neither an unreasonable nor uncommon expectation within the industry.

P.S. It's really annoying when you go to edit your comment to fix a typo and it disappears awaiting approval!
  • Options
    CG

This. People calling it an "exploit" are just using loaded language to shift the blame to the players.

Yes, it was a bug. And using a bug to get an advantage is called an exploit (because let's just be honest here for a second, we all knew this event shouldn't give you shards if you had Malak at 5+*) ... But my post was absolutely not about blaming the players, I'am just calling it what it is. And I didn't complain about the players who got their 7* Malak at all.

My sole problem here is the compensation CG proposed, especially the way they would compensate more the people who used this exploit than the people who didn't. THIS is pure non sense to me.

EVERYONE should get the same compensation, period.

• Options
    Telban wrote: »
    CG

Yes, it was a bug. And using a bug to get an advantage is called an exploit (because let's just be honest here for a second, we all knew this event shouldn't give you shards if you had Malak at 5+*) ... But my post was absolutely not about blaming the players, I'am just calling it what it is. And I didn't complain about the players who got their 7* Malak at all.

My sole problem here is the compensation CG proposed, especially the way they would compensate more the people who used this exploit than the people who didn't. THIS is pure non sense to me.

EVERYONE should get the same compensation, period.

The plan is bad and they should feel bad.
  • Roahn
    231 posts Member
    Options
    There is only one solution here and that is for CG to realize and accept their mistake for not making sure the event was working properly before rolling it out for the 3rd time. There is no need to rollback the shards or to create any compensation package. Fix the Darth Malak event and put it back in play. For me it makes no difference as I've had 7 star Darth Malak for months now and I did get 75 shards from the event this last go around. So thank you for the shared store currency but don't punish those for your mistake CG.
  • Options
    I haven't received the 500 Cx ...
    They took everything back but nothing for the Chrystals ......
  • Options
    Nothing in the inbox.......
  • Options
    CG, you are providing a competitive advantage to those that exploited your error.
    How is this ok?
  • Options
    Sure, make more players quit. Sick strat devs. OP
  • Options
    CG, you can take back the pathetic 2500 shard shop currency you gave me and shove it.
  • Options
    Relieved... My Malak is back exactly were it was (6* 25/100) right before the event.
  • Options
    I got the shard shop currency, but no 500 crystals....