They can't write ?! 3 more words too much ? FO feat : "It's a Trap"

Replies

• Options
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    Stokat wrote: »
    I know, it is almost as if they expect players to have basic reading comprehension. CG really should know better by now.

But... adding 2-3 more words would have cleared it up for everybody. ... “ NO KYLOS”.

Another over sight by CG? Shocked they couldn’t carry a good idea through to the end.

The ingame feat clearly says "3 Military characters". If you watched the movies in which Kylo appears, you should know well enough that he has nothing to to with the Military. Remember how Hux reacted when he said he would take control? He didn't respect him because Kylo had no military understanding at all.
    To say it is clear or obvious what they meant by “military” is disingenuous.

But should it not at least give one pause to question it, and perhaps find out the reason for that specific wording?
  • Options
    Why Kylo ren is not military ?

cpbzm25q085x.jpeg
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    I know, it is almost as if they expect players to have basic reading comprehension. CG really should know better by now.

But... adding 2-3 more words would have cleared it up for everybody. ... “ NO KYLOS”.

Another over sight by CG? Shocked they couldn’t carry a good idea through to the end.

The ingame feat clearly says "3 Military characters". If you watched the movies in which Kylo appears, you should know well enough that he has nothing to to with the Military. Remember how Hux reacted when he said he would take control? He didn't respect him because Kylo had no military understanding at all.

But should it not at least give one pause to question it, and perhaps find out the reason for that specific wording?
    You should maybe read all of my posts. That’s exactly what I did when I saw the feat - a feat which I have now accomplished.
  • Options

English is not my first language, still I had no problem understanding the wording of the feat. But I needed my dictionary to look up 'disingenuous'. Ironic. B):D

Okay -So CAPTAIN Phasma didn't take ORDERS from Kylo Ren to kill them all and torch that village?

And CAPTAIN Phasma didn't ORDER FIN --FN 2187 to report to her??

Sure did. Want me to really go through that movie and push more counter points than you got points?

I hope you realize this is poor reasoning for an ingame message to not be clear. It wasn't clear. My goodness. What is wrong with you?
    It doesn't get any better when you yell at me with capital letters. ;) Wherever it comes from because I never said Captain Phasma was no military character. Orders always came from the Supreme Leader. Kylo sometimes acted as his executive power, and therefore was able to issue orders (in his name) . That doesn't make him part of the military, or can you name any military rank that he was granted? If not, get over it and don't take things so personal.

He did take control after Snoke's death though, at which he point he effectively became the commander-in-chief of the entire FO military machine. He further acted as general-in-chief when he personally led the FO in the Battle of Crait. Woah. Mind blown.

1994sylezfhc.gif

I'll leave you with your own advice:
    It may sound hard but people should use their brain from time to time. ;)
    I rather think that you want to test my intellect here. ;) Kylo took the power and the title of the Supreme Leader after Snoke's death just because he had the power, or let's name it, the Force to do it. In my previous post, I was referring to the scene when Hux complained that he has no right to take the command and doesn't deserve it. He didn't respect him at all, he only gave in because otherwise he would have been dead. Still Kylo never had any kind of military education.
  • Options

English is not my first language, still I had no problem understanding the wording of the feat. But I needed my dictionary to look up 'disingenuous'. Ironic. B):D

Okay -So CAPTAIN Phasma didn't take ORDERS from Kylo Ren to kill them all and torch that village?

Sure did. Want me to really go through that movie and push more counter points than you got points?

I hope you realize this is poor reasoning for an ingame message to not be clear. It wasn't clear. My goodness. What is wrong with you?
    It doesn't get any better when you yell at me with capital letters. ;) Wherever it comes from because I never said Captain Phasma was no military character. Orders always came from the Supreme Leader. Kylo sometimes acted as his executive power, and therefore was able to issue orders (in his name) . That doesn't make him part of the military, or can you name any military rank that he was granted? If not, get over it and don't take things so personal.

He did take control after Snoke's death though, at which he point he effectively became the commander-in-chief of the entire FO military machine. He further acted as general-in-chief when he personally led the FO in the Battle of Crait. Woah. Mind blown.

1994sylezfhc.gif

I rather think that you want to test my intellect here. ;) Kylo took the power and the title of the Supreme Leader after Snoke's death just because he had the power, or let's name it, the Force to do it. In my previous post, I was referring to the scene when Hux complained that he has no right to take the command and doesn't deserve it. He didn't respect him at all, he only gave in because otherwise he would have been dead. Still Kylo never had any kind of military education.
    You keep claiming that it was obvious to you that “military” meant anybody except from the Kylos.

I’m here to tell you that this is not a reasonable claim.

And yes, I have completed the feat successfully - because I came here to check what it meant. You can post all you like to the contrary - it was not clear.
  • Options
    I think it is definitely better to say, "I should've checked" instead of "You should've told me" and I'd argue that concept applies to a lot more in life than just SWGOH.

That being said, you will have multiple chances to achieve this feat, and now you know. For the last "themed" GAC, they ran it at least twice. So I would argue you have at least 2 chances to get all of these feats.
  • Options

You should maybe read all of my posts. That’s exactly what I did when I saw the feat - a feat which I have now accomplished.

Like... all of them? Lol.
  • Options

1994sylezfhc.gif

You keep claiming that it was obvious to you that “military” meant anybody except from the Kylos.

I’m here to tell you that this is not a reasonable claim.

And yes, I have completed the feat successfully - because I came here to check what it meant. You can post all you like to the contrary - it was not clear.

Let's just agree to disagree. I don't "claim" anything because it was honestly totally clear for me. That it was not as clear for you doesn't make it more generally valid than my own statement.
  • Options
    If you watched the movies in which Kylo appears, you should know well enough that he has nothing to to with the Military.
    Let's just agree to disagree. I don't "claim" anything because it was honestly totally clear for me. That it was not as clear for you doesn't make it more generally valid than my own statement.

Happy to agree to disagree. Though, the first quote suggests you are claiming that we all should have known “well enough” what it meant.
  • Options

Like... all of them? Lol.

You really should - all killer, no filler.
  • Options
    A guildmate reported that Phasma and Executor didn't count either. I get that Kylos aren't military, but Phasma was certainly an officer?
  • Options
    A guildmate reported that Phasma and Executor didn't count either. I get that Kylos aren't military, but Phasma was certainly an officer?

This can’t be right, as I completed the feat with the classic lineup of KRU, Zylo, FOO, FOE and FOST.
  • Options
    @CamaroAMF there is no way this is the players fault for not checking on forums or ANYWHERE ELSE besides in game. Most of us do (at least after the fact that something doesn’t seem right). But to expect people to use characters or not use them in this case when they don’t have a “tag” “military” is not a fair situation. I made the same mistake as this person. And also lost by just a few points bcz of this. My opponents are all in the 5M gp range and don’t put any easy teams on defense. I won the battle but scored very low for all the damage my team took. CG needs to be much more clear IN GAME. (I’m sure they won’t bother).
  • Options
    100% CG's fault. They run the game so its their job to be more clear. It should not be upto players to sit n dig up forums for such info.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    lolz wrote: »
    100% CG's fault. They run the game so its their job to be more clear. It should not be upto players to sit n dig up forums for such info.

The info isn't buried. Just read the updates... link is in game.

What do you want, a popup for every single piece of information?
    Post edited by CCyrilS on
  • Options
    If you watched the movies in which Kylo appears, you should know well enough that he has nothing to to with the Military.

Happy to agree to disagree. Though, the first quote suggests you are claiming that we all should have known “well enough” what it meant.
    I worded it like that because it's pretty logical to me and I'm also honest when I say that I don't understand how other people can misunderstand it... anyway it was not my intention to insult you or anyone else.
  • Options

Yes I admit it could have been worded better. But the phrase “military unit” Implies in itself that it is not “any FO unit” and at the very least have given ppl cause to reflect what toons they actually refer to. Especially since completing the feat seems important to OP.
  • Mastersbgames
    222 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I understand the frustration, and cg should take some blame for not writing what is classed as fo military in game, but they did say that in a previous posts...

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/217733/updates-coming-to-grand-arena-championships#latest

this was the post it was in
  • Options
    Let's calm down the discussion with another question:

Will the feat register if I win on my second attempt?
    My FO is in no shape to take fully zeta'd Phoenix. So I thought I will shake them down with CLS and then send full FO team to mop up and get the achievement. Even at the cost of lost points for the first win.
  • Options
    A win is a win. Took my old arena FO team into a battle against a Geo team. Overkill sure, based on their respective gear levels.

Winning triggered the "FO Military" feat AND registered 2 kills towards the "Kylo Kills" feat. So not sure why people above say it isn't doing that.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    A win is a win. Took my old arena FO team into a battle against a Geo team. Overkill sure, based on their respective gear levels.

Winning triggered the "FO Military" feat AND registered 2 kills towards the "Kylo Kills" feat. So not sure why people above say it isn't doing that.

The people saying that aren't using a full FO team, they're either undersizing or using a non-FO so that they don't have 3 FO besides Kylos.
  • Options

When you have the first letters capitalized, it indicates that you intend it to be a term referring to a specific group of entities. Everywhere else In the game a term like this would become a tag. It is inconsistent, to say the least, to require players in this particular case to look for its definition outside of the game client.
  • Options

When you have the first letters capitalized, it indicates that you intend it to be a term referring to a specific group of entities. Everywhere else In the game a term like this would become a tag. It is inconsistent, to say the least, to require players in this particular case to look for its definition outside of the game client.

I think it's just naive to assume that. Plenty of people figured it out with no problem. Like you said, the capitalized words do make it look like a specific group, so when you see that, a reasonable person would think, "gee this is different than what I've seen before, maybe I should figure it out before going in blindly."
  • Options
    There’s a lot of back and forth here about military. But Kylo Ren is not a part of the military.
    That’s like saying palpatine is military. Just because someone commands the military officers doesn’t make them military.
    In real life the chain of command runs to the president/ leader of a country. Who doesn’t count as military.
    This whole issue is solved if you use both Kylos and three other first order.
    You’re problem is that you have a crap first order and try and cheat the win by using Malak with the team.
  • Options
    zeratul021 wrote: »
    Let's calm down the discussion with another question:

Will the feat register if I win on my second attempt?
    My FO is in no shape to take fully zeta'd Phoenix. So I thought I will shake them down with CLS and then send full FO team to mop up and get the achievement. Even at the cost of lost points for the first win.

For the benefit of the masses, it does work (and counts Kylo frags correctly).
  • Options
    Tbh, my first thought when I saw the feat said "First Order military" units was "So does this mean no Kylos?" But with that being said, it is not reasonable for them to expect that players will go check the forum for clarification. This is a mobile game, only a fraction of a fraction of the player base even knows the forum exists... most players have never checked the forum for anything and never will, and game developers should know that.
  • Options
    Tbh, my first thought when I saw the feat said "First Order military" units was "So does this mean no Kylos?" But with that being said, it is not reasonable for them to expect that players will go check the forum for clarification. This is a mobile game, only a fraction of a fraction of the player base even knows the forum exists... most players have never checked the forum for anything and never will, and game developers should know that.

If you can't be bothered to check forums, discord, reddit, or even ask in guild chat, you probably aren't playing at a competitive level anyway.
  • Options
    The wording FO "military" is screwy for sure, since there is no other reference of this same type in the game, but I went straight to the forums the second I saw this. I would say that they should/could of done more directly in the description to clarify and save everyone a lot of trouble writing endless forum posts.
  • Options
    I think it's just naive to assume that. Plenty of people figured it out with no problem. Like you said, the capitalized words do make it look like a specific group, so when you see that, a reasonable person would think, "gee this is different than what I've seen before, maybe I should figure it out before going in blindly."

"Reasonable" is subjective. Even more so in the context of a mobile game. Bottom line is still that there was a good chance that it affected the average, more casual, player's experience negatively, while the cost to avoid that would have been just a few more words. Heck, even something like "see latest update for details" would have sufficed, which also would have the benefit of encouraging players to keep up with the Dev updates.