Mace NOT getting an update confirmed [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    Seriously though..

Make the Jedi Council like Bounty Hunter kits. After certain conditions are met, based on the leader, they get a bonus (call it 'momentum' or something), which is unique to each Jedi Council member (other than GAS).

That makes then PvE focused, while allowing a proper rework. Plus not all Jedi need to get the bonus (such as GAS), so they can easily get around the problem of people using GAS as a Jedi in a squad with a different leader (since they clearly intend him to be used as a leader of the Clones), without creating a new PvP meta.

Easy peasey.

I, like many others, have been waiting for the Jedi to be reworked for YEARS.

They reworked EVERY separatist character other than Asajj for the Dark Side Geo TB, but they are leaving the entire Jedi Council untouched for the Light Side Geo TB?!?
  • TVF
    36638 posts Member
    Options
    Caiaphas wrote: »
    They reworked EVERY separatist character other than Asajj for the Dark Side Geo TB, but they are leaving the entire Jedi Council untouched for the Light Side Geo TB?!?

Mace is the entire Jedi Council?!?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Oh it's TVF! Corrector of everyone! Rejoice!

We have no news of any reworks. Granted, that doesn't mean that there won't be reworks. But with a Mace rework confirmed as NOT happening, it's probably safe to assume that Aalya isn't getting reworked. Or Plo. Or Ima. etc.

Mind you, there would be a pretty humorous uproar if Ima Gun got a rework and Mace didn't ... I'd almost like to see it.
  • Caiaphas
    187 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I was really hoping for a reason to g13 and relic Mace as he is one of the best characters of the original trilogy.

I'm guessing you haven't actually seen the original trilogy.

^ Now that needed to be corrected :)
  • Options
    I was really hoping for a reason to g13 and relic Mace as he is one of the best characters of the original trilogy.

I'm guessing you haven't actually seen the original trilogy.

Not sure why I typed that :) Of course I meant prequel.
  • TVF
    36638 posts Member
    Options
    We have no news of any reworks. Granted, that doesn't mean that there won't be reworks. But with a Mace rework confirmed as NOT happening, it's probably safe to assume that Aalya isn't getting reworked. Or Plo. Or Ima. etc.

Is it though?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

Just like Sidious is the entire Senate.

BTW:
    tpxkilce309q.jpg
  • Options
    His name is “Well, Actually...” get it right hah... but seriously, I wish I could silence his comments since he just sits here on the forums waiting to “Well, actually...” peoples comments all day long or “Well, actually....” defend cg all day long. He must be a riot at parties he’s never, well, actually invited to. @Caiaphas
    Well, actually... You don’t need to wish it. There’s an ignore feature on each forum users’ page.

• Caiaphas
    187 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I hope that I am wrong in my pessimism. I hope the whole Galactic Republic roster gets reworked. But when they announced that Mace is NOT getting reworked, my hopes dwindled to perhaps maybe a little bit of a tiny touch up.

I think that they might have trouble with reworked Jedi making other compositions too good. Such as using reworked Jedi with Bastila/Revan, or using GAS under reworked Jedi leads. I imagine that they want to avoid that. One way to do it is to make the Jedi kits very PvE oriented (as I mentioned earlier), but another way is to not rework them at all.

Like I said, I hope I am wrong, but I am not at all hopeful
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    His name is “Well, Actually...” get it right hah... but seriously, I wish I could silence his comments since he just sits here on the forums waiting to “Well, actually...” peoples comments all day long or “Well, actually....” defend cg all day long. He must be a riot at parties he’s never, well, actually invited to.

You can silence his comments. It’s a forum feature.
  • Options
    kpME4ge.png One of the reasons why Windu is overrated...
  • Options
    Well actually, it should be MMGFO.

Make Mace Great For Once. He has always been hot garbage compared to most of the other GR Jedi.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    Doing a Clone Wars era in this game and not including a Mace rework is horrible.
  • Ultra
    11536 posts Moderator
    Options
    Who knows? Maybe Ki Adi Mundi boosts Mace like Shaak Ti did for the clones?
  • Ultra
    11536 posts Moderator
    Options
    CG should never apologize ever again since that is the kind of character the community loves
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    mace is fine as is.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    CG is putting the game on cruise control and sun-setting the game. New content will be rescind, 6• A-E mods, Level 85-100, new Relics, etc s. Basically just them nerfing stuff in order to monetize new levels/mods/relics.

Just a reminder that we've been capped at L85 for more than 3 years now ... I don't know why anybody would think a level increase is even a remote possibility.
  • Options
    As the title says please make him the anti darkside monster he's supposed to be.

Personally I think making him get stronger the more turns a darkside character takes would be very apt to the lore ov vapad.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    hsof777 wrote: »
    As the title says please make him the anti darkside monster he's supposed to be.

Personally I think making him get stronger the more turns a darkside character takes would be very apt to the lore ov vapad.

He's not getting a rework.
  • Options
    He also only had one fight with a sith and it ended with his arm gone and him falling to his death. "He was beating Palpatine before Anakin got there" no, Palp was letting him win so Anakin could be turned.
  • Options
    Ephran wrote: »
    He also only had one fight with a sith and it ended with his arm gone and him falling to his death. "He was beating Palpatine before Anakin got there" no, Palp was letting him win so Anakin could be turned.

You do understand that the stand of vapad is made to channel your opponents darkside energies through you and use that extra force energy to defeat the opponent. So going by the lore of said stance it's supposed to make the user stronger the longer the fight goes on verses a dark side user.
    This is what I was basing it off of.
  • Options
    Extremely disappointing, personally I've been asking for a rework for years now. It was one of the first characters I got to 7 * as a n00b player back then (he's mace freakin windu after all, or so I thought). I even geared 12 him in hopes of his rework. And now this, really so sad to see. Only time mace has been useful is when they turbocharged him for TW. I was hoping something even a fraction of that was gonna happen. I mean when you get jedi master prestige title, it's windus portrait that you get. Might as well have given us a portrait of CUP, they have about the same level of usefulness.
  • Laz
    190 posts Member
    Options
    5rk51pxai53s.png
  • Options
    I seem to recall a certain scene in Episode II where Yoda and Mace Windu are discussing helping Obi Wan on Geonosis. It’s decided Yoda will go to Kamino, and Mace will go to Geonosis leading other Jedi. He then proceeds to wreck shop at said planet.

Apparently I’m misremembering this scene. Mace wasn’t able to lead the Jedi cause of being such a weak leader, and did not wreck ship seeing as he really didn’t have that great of skills.

This party... got shut down before it even began.
  • Options
    I rarely post here. But PLEASE make Mace usable. That's all we're asking for.
  • Options
    So, I know that Mace Windu isn’t going to be getting a rework, yet, his kit isn’t too bad, on paper. His shatterpoint unique is lacklustre, so changing that to a higher percentage change and ignore taunt, whilst an enemy is exposed might be good. Or changing it to death mark, in maces turn.
    His damage should also be based off of the opponents damage, either their special or physical(i don’t know which)
    This would make him at least useable, though having deathmark might be to powerful for him... at that point
  • KM1
    145 posts Member
    Options
    His name is “Well, Actually...” get it right hah... but seriously, I wish I could silence his comments since he just sits here on the forums waiting to “Well, actually...” peoples comments all day long or “Well, actually....” defend cg all day long. He must be a riot at parties he’s never, well, actually invited to. @Caiaphas
    Well, actually... You don’t need to wish it. There’s an ignore feature on each forum users’ page.

Thank you! Thank you so much! Finally!
  • Ultra
    11536 posts Moderator
    Options
    Cool
  • Options
    If there was ever a light side character that would make deathmark thematic, it would be Mace