LS Geo TB is insane!! [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    Looooki wrote: »
    Not this time bro @No_Try... This time I disagree with u... Not when the desire for new content is so high... And where the hype of it all is...

This is the end game for Galatic Republic for now... And it ended as if order 66 is against all players

What is that you disagree with? I also think they need to change how it is now. And we know even if they just post an announcement they'll just do that, this run will keep on as is and we'll see next month. Or they won't change it and instead will try to sell something new that's capable of dealing with it, which would be catastrophic.

Either case there's no use to talk as if there's an emergency situation like a bug/exploit, there is not. Everyone is in the same boat including the topmost guilds.

Here is the problem as well with ppl like you that thinking we shoudnt voice our opinions,imagine how much worse it would have been if noone was reacting to bad decisions made by cg,talking in general ofc.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Fixer wrote: »
    Btw Kyno I understand you pretty much have nothing to do with decisions I just hope you understand that you have been helping for free a bad cause lol

I'm not here to support " a cause", I love the game.

Anyone thinking its us vs them, is pouring energy into the wrong thing and in a negative way. We all want the same thing, which is a positive experience and a fun SW game that we can play.
    IMHO.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Not this time bro @No_Try... This time I disagree with u... Not when the desire for new content is so high... And where the hype of it all is...

This is the end game for Galatic Republic for now... And it ended as if order 66 is against all players

What is that you disagree with? I also think they need to change how it is now. And we know even if they just post an announcement they'll just do that, this run will keep on as is and we'll see next month. Or they won't change it and instead will try to sell something new that's capable of dealing with it, which would be catastrophic.

Either case there's no use to talk as if there's an emergency situation like a bug/exploit, there is not. Everyone is in the same boat including the topmost guilds.

Here is the problem as well with ppl like you that thinking we shoudnt voice our opinions,imagine how much worse it would have been if noone was reacting to bad decisions made by cg,talking in general ofc.

Please don't put words into my mouth. There is no people like me, there is me. If you are addressing me, address what I said. Where is that I said anyone shouldn't voice their opinion? Is voicing your opinion give free rights to insult others? Read back a few messages to see how it is developed.
  • Options
    I had no problem blew right through it don't know what the fuss is all over
    Perhaps y'all need to spend some money and stop complaining so much
    Just had to figure out the kill order that's all
  • Options

Please don't put words into my mouth. There is no people like me, there is me. If you are addressing me, address what I said. Where is that I said anyone shouldn't voice their opinion? Is voicing your opinion give free rights to insult others? Read back a few messages to see how it is developed.

(Either case there's no use to talk .....)

Well this is you saying we shoudnt voice our opinions,say anything,stay silent,unless i am misreading something in the context here.

Sometimes ppl need to be called out,you say insulted,you can insult in a very rude way or in a way that someone steps back and rethinks his choices,ofc i dont agree on the first way,but sometimes i can be rly mean,so its natural for other person to rly insult me.

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

(Either case there's no use to talk .....)

Well this is you saying we shoudnt voice our opinions,say anything,stay silent,unless i am misreading something in the context here.

Sometimes ppl need to be called out,you say insulted,you can insult in a very rude way or in a way that someone steps back and rethinks his choices,ofc i dont agree on the first way,but sometimes i can be rly mean,so its natural for other person to rly insult me.

It is not you who was insulting, you can see with the chain response thing, context is getting lost when people respond to messages that's coming back to back.

You should absolutely voice your opinion. My opinion is that while the tb sucks as is, there's no emergency situation that calls for immediate response from developers or to shut it down. They should see the strength and solidarity of the message we are voicing back and do something about it, not as a reflex but careful consideration as it will have widespread consequences.

AND we are not entitled to a rushed, draft announcement that will do zero good in terms of resolution. Cause it's wai right now and what's wai is subject to change and negotiation.
  • Options
    TAureliusC wrote: »
    Raven714 wrote: »
    I had no problem blew right through it don't know what the fuss is all over
    Perhaps y'all need to spend some money and stop complaining so much
    Just had to figure out the kill order that's all

Getting people to spend money is the only part of this game that is WAI

Going by the forums, as bad of an idea as it is, shows that spending is about to broke.
  • Options
    CHFC22 wrote: »
    Jeric wrote: »
    CG. You have one week to fix this or I’m done

And so it begins.

Never change Forum, never change.

My perspective, as I’ve mentioned previously, is formed through the cognitive dissonance of using software with significant requirements issues that I have fired people over before. I also teach in academia and I’ve occasionally used this game as an example of the drawbacks of poorly designed waterfall processes. That or their internal design pattern library has some garbage documentation.

I feel like I’m betraying my peers and my field for supporting this. I always took pride in my design. Now, if they tell me that their dev team is heavy on internships, that would make sense.

If this is WAI, then it’s garbage design. Don’t frustrate your player base. Challenge is great! This is not how they teach challenge in game design. If this is a mistake, then it’s simple incompetence. One week. At least I have another anecdote for the class before the final I’m giving this evening.

• Options
    For all the hundreds/thousands of dollars we’ve spent on this game...don’t we deserve better? No content for months, then it’s late, now it’s unplayable? It’s a sad sad day in Star Wars land.
  • Options
    I think you are right- but these bumps will seriously trivialize everything that was already in the game.
    Would maybe have been better to have started this TB with a difficulty level similar to DS Geo Phase 4.
  • Options
    Pulsipher wrote: »
    I think you are right- but these bumps will seriously trivialize everything that was already in the game.
    Would maybe have been better to have started this TB with a difficulty level similar to DS Geo Phase 4.

Lost my quote...referring to level and relic increases

• Options
    I completely get the argument that new stuff needs to be challenging. I am aware that there are some players that invested 6figure amountws in this game and obviously every service provider caters to their best customers. However they still couldve managed this better. I am officer in a 170M guild and it just would have been nice if they had given us the option to abandon and switch to Hoth instead of forcing so many players to play one week of territory deployments to get at best 5-6 stars.
  • Options
    Yes, i think we can all agree that this LS geo tb is wildly unbalanced.
    When full r5-7 squads get wrecked something is obviously wrong.

The real question is " where is CG in this " ? Your customer base is dissatisfied on a large scale and yet zero response or comment.

I ran my own company for 20 years and unless they are completely brain dead common buisness sense and courtesy would warrant any kind of response to the community
  • Options
    They're on holidays. We'll hear from them next week.
  • Options
    Or still busy with laughing about all of us
  • Options
    At this point, I’m not even mad. This feels like it could be the true end of game content. Geo TB was extremely difficult starting out but nothing compared to this atrocity. We all know what’s coming - higher level or even more relic levels. Adding another grind to the already ridiculous grind of g13 and r7. Not sure even the whales are ready for this.
  • Options
    If this is ph1 i don't wanna play the resto of it,how can they do crits for 200k and be survivable even at r7?This is not content for a long time like they sayed,this content will still be there,unfinished when the last member of CG leaves the studio,this is exactly like the jump in gear they made with relics but in TB,we need r14 for ph4 in last wave,come on CG just make it happen,root for r14 we can take it,at this point you can f*** up this game any more then it is now. :smiley:
  • Options
    This is unpayable!....unplayable!
  • Options
    They're on holidays. We'll hear from them next week.

Surely they didn't launch this while they are out of the office. That just wouldn't make any sense at all.

So they must be on holiday cause sense and CG don't seem to add up these days.
  • Options
    TAureliusC wrote: »
    This is unpayable!....unplayable!

It’s playable. Technically if the game doesn’t crash, it is playable. Enjoyable is another story!

My game actually did crash - 3 times yesterday (rarely happened before) so technically, he's correct. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    This LSTB is absolutely ludicrous. If my R7 characters complete with 6e mods get wrecked like this is in the first territory, I can only imagine what later territories will be like. CG needs to regroup ASAP and appease the player base. I’m in a pretty strong guild and we are lucky to get 2 waves of the CMs completed for each player...CG please take these unwelcome reactions to the LSTB from the playing community and do what’s necessary to maintain some sort of dignity
  • Options
    You’re losing a lot of people to dragchamp. Many people don’t increase their toons past r4. How the heck are we supposed to be beat this even at r7?!? You’re going to lose more people if spending tons of money still doesn’t do squat to help u beat your newest content...worst new “content” ever
  • Options
    Soooooo, i made a post in forums with regards to CG,s lack of responsiveness to the player base to this tb. " it was removed "

I have received my response 😡

These guys are a joke when they censor discussions that contain zero profanity just because they dont like the subject matter. Utter contempt to player base
  • Options
    I'm convinced that CG doesn't get the playerbase's desire for New Content. This TB is new content, but it is tuned to such a high difficulty level that by the time we can actually do well in it, we will be way beyond bored silly with it. So well before we have come close to mastering this 'new content', we will be screaming for something else new due to sheer boredom with this.

You can make things that are difficult but achievable, and then you can make things like this TB. It's not achievable, it's not fun. It's not challenging ('testing one's abilities; demanding') because it is outright impossible (look at the GP requirements in P4). So it is nothing but frustrating and a complete waste of time. And as it stands, it completely undermines the efforts that many have made to prepare for it. And it's only phase 1 of 4!