LS Geo TB is insane!! [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    Because that's exactly why people play games, right? For a ridiculous and hateful chore?
  • StarSon
    7460 posts Member
    Options
    Because that's exactly why people play games, right? For a ridiculous and hateful chore?

Well, no. But there's a lot of other the stuff in the game that IS fun, and is not a ridiculous and hateful chore. If the 3 minutes a day, 5 days a month of horrible, unfun game play is enough to make the entire game not enjoyable for you... well, then I guess it's time to find another game. If you are able to just push through those 3 minutes with gritted teeth, knowing the game developer doesn't care that you hate it... then the 4k GET2 is almost 15 Negotiator shards, and that's ok.
  • TVF
    36611 posts Member
    Options
    Everyone said DS Geo wasn't fun and it wasn't new content. I guess LS Geo at least fixed those two things?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • StarSon
    7460 posts Member
    Options
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »

Well, no. But there's a lot of other the stuff in the game that IS fun, and is not a ridiculous and hateful chore. If the 3 minutes a day, 5 days a month of horrible, unfun game play is enough to make the entire game not enjoyable for you... well, then I guess it's time to find another game. If you are able to just push through those 3 minutes with gritted teeth, knowing the game developer doesn't care that you hate it... then the 4k GET2 is almost 15 Negotiator shards, and that's ok.

Well said. And great positive outlook.

But... Shouldn’t the new stuff be the Fun Part? Tackling old content is getting rather boring. DSGeo is “fun” because its new, challenging and more importantly a place to use unused teams. Ie Seps. LSGeo was supposed to be a place to use/practice with GR and Clones but it seems most will be just deploying- unfun.

So many things could fix this current debacle. Things we just don’t know about yet. and that’s hopefully what CG has up their sleeve. But they might want to start communicating soon.

Yes, I do think the new stuff is supposed to be fun. Clearly CG doesn't agree, so here we are. Maybe CG has a plan that they for some reason aren't telling us, and eventually this will be fun. But I kind of doubt it.
  • StarSon
    7460 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Everyone said DS Geo wasn't fun and it wasn't new content. I guess LS Geo at least fixed those two things?

I never said those things. DS Geo isn't the greatest, because TB is itself not necessarily that fun. But certain parts of DS Geo are some of the best parts of this game, like the Acklay. Either way, DS Geo is at least playable. this is just open it, deploys some stuff, and wait for bad rewards.
  • TVF
    36611 posts Member
    Options

But... Shouldn’t the new stuff be the Fun Part? Tackling old content is getting rather boring. DSGeo is “fun” because its new, challenging and more importantly a place to use unused teams. Ie Seps. LSGeo was supposed to be a place to use/practice with GR and Clones but it seems most will be just deploying- unfun.

So many things could fix this current debacle. Things we just don’t know about yet. and that’s hopefully what CG has up their sleeve. But they might want to start communicating soon.

Yes, I do think the new stuff is supposed to be fun. Clearly CG doesn't agree, so here we are. Maybe CG has a plan that they for some reason aren't telling us, and eventually this will be fun. But I kind of doubt it.

Do you actually, legitimately think this? That CG wants the game to be terrible, unfun, and something that will make everyone quit. Like, I get that people don't think this is fun. I don't think it's very fun either, but I don't think CG is purposely trying to make it unfun. Why would they do that? What's the benefit?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • StarSon
    7460 posts Member
    Options

Do you actually, legitimately think this? That CG wants the game to be terrible, unfun, and something that will make everyone quit. Like, I get that people don't think this is fun. I don't think it's very fun either, but I don't think CG is purposely trying to make it unfun. Why would they do that? What's the benefit?

Yes, I do think this. I have no idea why. But they knew it was going to be like this, so I have to conclude that they didn’t want it to be fun or they wouldn’t have done it.
  • Options

Yes, I do think this. I have no idea why. But they knew it was going to be like this, so I have to conclude that they didn’t want it to be fun or they wouldn’t have done it.

They were quite clear that it is WAI, so I guess it’s intentional.

And to answer the question, making it frustrating is an important part of their revenue model.
  • StarSon
    7460 posts Member
    Options
    And here we have definitive proof that don't want us to have fun:
    We will not be changing or re-tuning the difficulty for Republic Offensive

LSTB isn't "difficult". It's designed to be hated, because it is not possible to do well unless you have a full roster of r7. And even then, it's still not possible to get more than 20 or so stars.

If CG wanted us to enjoy this content, it would at least be playable for 200M+ guilds.
  • Options
    "We will not be changing or re-tuning the difficulty for Republic Offensive."
  • Options
    “ We will not be changing or re-tuning the difficulty for Republic Offensive. We will be updating the current event schedule due to this change and will update our forum post with the new dates of all events.”

@CG_SBCrumb this proves definitively that you guys have no idea what you are doing. I can’t wait to see the fire storm on the Q&A’s and how you sidestep this completely and what rewards you guys are going to deem appropriate for an entire TB phase being canceled due to your inability to properly test content or properly tune difficulty.
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
  • Tarah
    202 posts Member
    Options
    ahahahahahah
  • Options
    Clueless or what
  • Options
    I miss Carrie.
  • Options
    This is the wai.
  • Options
    Oh dear. I swore more profusely on Discord when I saw this news, but it'll just get edited if I share it here.
  • Options
    Looks like another relic-like power spike will be dropping in the game soon... I can't wait to see how this shakes out.
  • Options
    Not sure what you thought they were gonna say but they put level 95s in P1. They knew they were making this extremely difficult....it's not like the difficulty was an accident.
  • Options
    They have some power creep planned for early 2020
  • Kudlaty
    106 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Yes, Droideka one shot killing (by assist) r4 full health Kenobi before I even take a turn is WAI
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Options
    They have some power creep planned for early 2020

I think "power creep" is an understatement.
  • Options
    At least crumb put his name on it. Not until he was forced into another separate topic, but I digress.
  • Options
    If it wasn’t evident previously it certainly is now. CG want no F2P players in this game.
  • Options
    It’s power lunges and they will have a LOT less participation in next LS Geo.
  • Options
    New content is always hard at first. /shrug