• Options
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »
    "Thrawn's overrated"

Good one.

I've seen him listed in the same category (Grandmaster) as Darth Revan, Jedi Knight Revan and Malak. There is no way in any Universe that Thrawn is in the same league as these 3. Nice try.

His lead is questionable, his damage dealing is medium, he's squishy, and if you have him modded very fast as many players do, his Fracture (his one very useful & reliable feature) won't last that long.

And don't even get me laughing about Phoenix. Farming them is like most guys **** their beer money away on Coors Light. They don't even get used after a certain point.

My advice: Go straight for the Revans

I would put him up there with the characters you mentioned. Also, apart from some Malak solos on GA, trying plugging one of those guys into random teams and see how they do, they aren't as great without their supporting cast. I'd argue Thrawn has far more utility.

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!

Try Thrawn (mod him properly first) , DR and JKR as a fifth in each of these teams:
    CLS rebels
    Traya lead sith
    EP empire
    JTR Resistance
    First Order
    and for the fun of it, Ewoks.

Let me know which is the most useful.

Heck, toss him into a Darth revan team and watch him make up for a slower BSF in a mirror. Works wonders

But that's what Thrawn is: The best backup QB in the game. Me, I like having Brady & Montana.

What GAC division are you in that you only need 2 teams?

Why would you say such a dumb thing? Would you rather play GAC having the 2 best teams and others after that, or have Thrawn be your biggest gun😑? If the latter, when can I play you next?
    🙏💭"Let it be so!"

Ah, insults. The way of a true Master Jedi. Also, nonsensical ramblings.

It was a TOTALLY DUMB THING TO SAY and you know it. He tried to insult me by suggesting I'm a 2 team player, but the only thing he accomplished was showing he's got nothing thoughtful to contribute.

He = I. And that's a pretty poor reading of the comment. If you think it was an insult you may want to reread it and think about the context. You'll get a lot more out of public discourse if you don't assume everyone is insulting you.

I stand by my comment, which was intended to challenge your belief. Thrawn fits into teams that are counters to virtually every meta that has existed since his release. The recent DR meta being the possible exception.

If you don't think the ability to counter any team you'd face in TW or GA is worth it then you're clearly approaching this much differently than most.
  • Options
    What makes you think that thrawn doesnt belong in grand master tier but gmy or 3p0 does. The arguement that Phoenix is the best start could he a legitimate one. If you go straight for malak and or current meta when starting odds are you can place higher in arena and get the crystal income you need to swing back around and pick up thrawn and other useful characters but thrawn is definitely a grand master character and will be probably until the game dies.

So "Grandmaster" most players leave him at g12 and use him like a b___ for his Fracture. 😏

Mine's Gear XIII.
  • Options
    I mean, he is saying he's a master, which, despite Thrawn being one of my favorite characters in all of star wars, is probably more accurate for him in the current game... Relics and the synergy of teams has kinda left him a little behind.

Cubsfanhan does his top 25 characters lists where he polls like 50-100 people, and recently did a top 100 list where people who watch his videos could vote... Both of those lists put him as the 12th best character in the game... But I'd argue that Grand Master is really for like the top 6 or so (Malak, Dr, JKR, GAS, GG, Padme) or if you want to expand it, you'd add the support ppl that go with the above (BSF, GMY, GK, JKA, Rex). Thrawn is right below those people imo, and I'm lump him with CLS, Han, Chewy, c3p0, Wat, Fives, Echo, Snips, Traya, Nest...
  • Options
    Just my opinion, Thrawn's heyday was probably 2018 but in today game, he is solid but not something I would tell a new player to build their account around.

In the current state of the game, I would tell a new player to get Dooku and Nute because its super easy and 3 GEO pilots. This unlocks padme and the geo pilots and ships can get you started in fleet right away.
  • Options
    Not that hard to get anyway; it's not like you have to have an op phoenix team. All of mine are like g7-10 except for Ezra and I never finished Sabine. The little you have to put into them to get Thrawn and his ship is well worth it.
    Well, hell I ain't no politician; kissing **** just ain't my style.
  • Options
    Fracture is one of the best abilities in the game. Thrawn is awesome. Farm what you want though...

Little overdone with the fake zeal here. Out of 5 levels, with the highest being Grandmaster-- Thrawn makes level 4: Master.

Well, I am aware of things titled “master” undeservedly...
  • Options
    Utility-wise, Thrawn is the best character in the game imo. He also fits into almost every team and is used for a lot of meta counters. I can't even remember all the times he saved my butt in TW, GA, TB and Arena. Saying he's overrated is not only ignorant, it's just outright stupid. Don't even try to change my mind, because you won't be able to. I have spoken.

@MasterJediBrian
  • Options
    Lol thats not a lie.

Pheonix is weak af you lose a match against pheonix you need to find a new game and I dont care whos on that team erza sabine ect.

Maybe your poorly modded wampa gets beat but mine will wreck them.
    Sure it will.
  • Options
    Yeah, but Phoenix also gets Palps, are a C-team on defence, and Ezra kind of has a place on some JKR teams.

Now these noobs can unlock EP with any 5 rebels and there are much better ones than the weakest faction in the game.

Now?

It's ALWAYS been any 5 Rebels for EP.

The reason that Phoenix is/was recommended for new players is that it gets you two legendaries (EP and Thrawn) and 2/5 of the way to another one (Yoda), and you also have crew geared for two ships.

No other team of 5 characters gives access to that much so early in the game.
  • Options
    I'm disappointed with all the guys who told me as a new player to acquire Phoenix players and then in turn get Thrawn and his ship. If I had to do it all over again, I'd just get the characters necessary to go straight for the Revans. Thrawn's overrated. And squishy as hell.

I went for Phoenix back then when I started, but it was long before Revan.
    Now I would go for Revans too (Jedi first to get Yoda), but sooner or later I would need Thrawn for some GA teams
  • Options
    Thrawn is swell.
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I'm disappointed with all the guys who told me as a new player to acquire Phoenix players and then in turn get Thrawn and his ship. If I had to do it all over again, I'd just get the characters necessary to go straight for the Revans. Thrawn's overrated. And squishy as hell.

Here are the reasons you are wrong:
    Ship lead - in a field of negotiatiators and Ackbar Milfs I am able to hold 148 rank offensively cause of his Insta-blast. He makes these toons work for me!
    p9arjeen858q.png
    zEP teams counter most challenging teams like NS and Geos, and it isn't because Vader goes 1st, it is because Thrawn goes 1st and TM swaps Palp to AOE
    wdjd8a2k55oq.png
    Investment wise me putting my money where my mouth is best is shown in this pic
    ekgkd50f676e.png
    HE is my only DS g13 toon.

Finally Brian, hate to tell you but you are not Master Jedi in this game If you think Thrawn is overrated. You are On-crutches Hux.

I took a year and a half off from the game. Thrawn has helped me come back. No $ spent.
  • Options

Getting the Revans will only lead to further disappointment. My advice is to skip the Revans and go for the next meta toon instead. In fact, I think you should skip that one as well as it is likely to come someone new even stronger after that. In fact. just to be on the safe side don't ever go for any of the toons in the game, you will probably be disappointed. Also don't say hello to people you meet, it will only lead to goodbyes.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    So, @MasterJediBrian, you chose to farm relic materials for not just one team but for 3 complete teams (NS, GR and Shaak Ti + clones) before farming T3 and Mission Vao, yet you blame farming Phoenix for not having JKR yet? For real?

Also, your Phoenix helped you unlock not only Thrawn but also EP and hence also R2D2, CLS and soon also HMF. That's some pretty strong characters, Phoenix help you unlock:

I believe HMF could help you take top-5 ranks in your fleet shard instead of your current 20ish rank. That will reward you an extra 200-300 crystals and some Fleet shop currency daily. Also check out how easily your GAC opponents can take out even your strongest current fleet by attacking it with their HMF fleet (while your second best fleet fails on offense).

Furthermore, check out how easily your GAC opponents take out your Reliced defense teams with g11 CLS trio.

Farming Phoenix was a good choice. Your bad choices happened later.

On Thrawn:
    Your GAC history reveals, that you have yet to discover, how to best use your Thrawn (end empire characters/teams in general). Check out those who beat you in GAC. They use empire teams better.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    [previous quotes deleted]

Why would you say such a dumb thing? Would you rather play GAC having the 2 best teams and others after that, or have Thrawn be your biggest gun😑? If the latter, when can I play you next?
    🙏💭"Let it be so!"

Your GAC history reveals, that your best defensive teams are easily beaten by CLS trio and your strongest fleet is easily beaten by HMF. Phoenix help unlock both.
  • Options

So "Grandmaster" most players leave him at g12 and use him like a b___ for his Fracture. 😏[/quote]

So grandmaster he doesnt need g13 to be an effective character and a worthwhile investment because fracture is that good
This discussion has been closed.