TW: match sandbagging guilds with sandbagging guilds

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    I never said "high end guilds" because that is a meaningless statement.

Here's what you said (Higher GP guilds):
    Higher GP guilds sit out members to reduce their matchmaking GP, they get matched with a lesser GP guild, and have an easier time winning because of the average higher GP per player.
    The last one we faced, for example, is the one in my screen cap from earlier: https://swgoh.gg/g/186/doe/

How do you know, that they did it specifically to (quote) "[...] reduce their matchmaking GP, they get matched with a lesser GP guild, and have an easier time winning [...]"?

And even if they did, what do you base your generalization on? It appears, that your guild doesn't sandbag. My two guilds don't either. Several others in this discussion appear to not be sandbagging.

Please enlighten us all.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Again, y'all are missing the whole point here and getting distracted. Fix the matchmaking, this isn't a witch hunt for who sandbags/does sandbagging exist/etc.

You're missing the point here:
    Don't give kitten arguments, if you want your request to be taken seriously.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    yuuzhanron wrote: »
    This can all be solved by matchmaking being decided by average player GP as opposed to total guild GP.
    Unfortunately though, I’m sure that people will still work that system, but at least the individual matchups should be better

Exactly, thank you for understanding.

What an awful suggestion. This would match 25 players of 100 million total GP with 50 players of 200 million GP.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Sandbagging is real and the sandbagger has the advantage ibwas recently asked to sit out cause my roster was t finished to the must of a high guild (im in a 290 mil) 9 did not join (6asked to sit out til geared TW teams) so. They esentially went in with 240 mil and crushed a full clear in 2-3 hours... My sitting out i didnt like but i did cause me losing 2 zetas this time everyone but i got my toons ready fast after that...

So, you're saying that since everyone but you got their TW teams ready, you will join 49/50 the next TW and that what you describe was a one-off? I don't believe that's the kind of sandbagging discussed here. The thing discussed would be if you went in with f.ex. 45/50 every TW specifically to have an easier match-up.
  • Options
    brkhxust2vu3.jpg

fksrrrf43vjg.jpg

https://swgoh.gg/g/69781/the-syndicate/

another guild sandbagging and yes i have screenshots as proof.
    most are ex TI that have apparently taken TI's tactics to limit the amount of people join to get easier matchups.
    as shown in the screens the war was over in no time.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/938535956/
    thats who is in charge of TW and if you dont do exactly as he says you get kicked wether during TW / TB or anything else.
    and he has stated many times he is taking TI's tactics while doing this
  • Options

Man, y'all are an uptight bunch, obviously never faced a sandbagging guild.

Because, you know, they don't actually exist.
  • Options
    Can someone explain to me what sandbagging in tw actually means? Cheers.

Its what people think every guild does in TW when signing up less than 50. People believe it gives the offending guild an insurmountable advantage when in reality their losses are more often their own fault.

Not every guild that signs up less than 50 just the ones whom always sign up less to get a cheap win.

You know like certain content creators guilds do everytime even though they clearly have a gp advantage from the start.

For what feels like the millionth time of asking, in what way are these guilds guaranteeing an easy win? They exert no control over who they are matched against.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

Its what people think every guild does in TW when signing up less than 50. People believe it gives the offending guild an insurmountable advantage when in reality their losses are more often their own fault.

Not every guild that signs up less than 50 just the ones whom always sign up less to get a cheap win.

You know like certain content creators guilds do everytime even though they clearly have a gp advantage from the start.

For what feels like the millionth time of asking, in what way are these guilds guaranteeing an easy win? They exert no control over who they are matched against.

@Mosthated78 Didn't actualy claim, that they are guaranteed a win. Their goal is a cheap win, yes, but that's not the same thing.
  • Options
    So... guilds that beat his guild sandbag.

And the evidence is that their defense got full cleared.

Please disregard the fact that he never posted screen shots of his guilds defense and for all we know they were setting Ewoks Phoenix Geos and FO all on D.

We lose some, no one cares. Losing against sandbagged guilds is lame and a fault of the system that needs changing.

Most wars are full clears and battles of efficiency at the highest level, which you would know if you were in a good guild (still waiting for your swgoh link).

I already told you once, I wouldn't share screen caps of our D publically, and you CANNOT REVIEW PAST TWs so even if I wanted to there is no possible way to show screen caps of defense. Sheesh.

And the point is still the same on page 4 as page 1: where is your proof of sandbagging? where is your screenshots of their guild telling guildmembers to sit out on purpose? and where is your data showing that every time you join 50/50 and the other guild joins less than 50 you lose?

Until then, sandbagging is only a problem in theory.

Seems like the most important question in my post here was missed, as we now have some actual evidence of forcing a lower number of members to join.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options
    Sandbagging is real and the sandbagger has the advantage ibwas recently asked to sit out cause my roster was t finished to the must of a high guild (im in a 290 mil) 9 did not join (6asked to sit out til geared TW teams) so. They esentially went in with 240 mil and crushed a full clear in 2-3 hours... My sitting out i didnt like but i did cause me losing 2 zetas this time everyone but i got my toons ready fast after that... So sandbagging is real done intentionally and if you sit 6-10 players it makes a major advantage for the higher gp guild.... However having 5 or less not in the advantage may still be there but it doesnt show much disadvantage
    (p.s. until i seen it happen i didnt believe sandbagging really made an advance to the sandbaggers )now i know it does big league does things unorthodox for sure sometimes but to me idc prizes arent much differant from losing or winning

Let's assume this is true and they go in at 40/50... can you tell me the odds of them getting matched with the following opponents

1. Guild of 25/50
    2. Guild of 30/50
    3. Guild of 35/50
    4. Guild of 40/50 (their participation)
    5. Guild of 45/50
    6. Guild of 50/50

It appears they have no control over who CG decides to match them against and they may get a guild that "sandbagged" more than 10.

Your guild asked you to not get rewards so maybe they have a chance to get a possible advantage that seems far fetched...

Also let us know... Did you stay in the guild like a good ticket slave?
  • Options

Thats a joke right?

Well here I will say whats done been said on this thread.

Lets take Cubs Fan Han for instance his guild always only signs up 40 people.

This allows them to set less teams and be matched against a way lower gp guild about 40 to 50 mil gp lower.

When 99% percent of his guild is all maxed rosters thats a hugh advantage over the lower gp guilds period.

They can set maxed out teams on defence and still have maxed out teams for offence as to where the lower guilds can only do one or the other.
    That hasn’t answered my question. At all.

A guild can control exactly one thing with this sort of activity - their active GP.

They cannot control who they are matched against. There is nothing to stop a guild signing up with ~40 members getting matched against an even bigger guild with ~35 signed up.
  • Options

Thats a joke right?

Well here I will say whats done been said on this thread.

This allows them to set less teams and be matched against a way lower gp guild about 40 to 50 mil gp lower.

When 99% percent of his guild is all maxed rosters thats a hugh advantage over the lower gp guilds period.

They can set maxed out teams on defence and still have maxed out teams for offence as to where the lower guilds can only do one or the other.
    That hasn’t answered my question. At all.

A guild can control exactly one thing with this sort of activity - their active GP.

They cannot control who they are matched against. There is nothing to stop a guild signing up with ~40 members getting matched against an even bigger guild with ~35 signed up.

Ironically your describing the actual title of this thread.

TW: match sandbagging guilds with sandbagging guilds
  • Options
    Going to dig up this thread again, as I'm still confused about the claims people are making about TW matchmaking.

In the currently active TW we (https://swgoh.gg/g/12985/prepaired/) got matched with these guys (https://swgoh.gg/g/373/force-united/)

- We had 47/50, they had 43/50 or 44/50 (22 defence slots per zone)
    - Total GP we have 239M, they have 255M
    - we won 19004 v 18938

My queries are as follows:

- we "sandbagged", by going in with <50. How come we didn't get matched with a smaller GP guild? Did we not "sandbag" enough? If not, how would we know in advance how many members should not signup so that we do get matched with a lower GP guild?
    - they "sandbagged", by going in with <50. They did get matched with a smaller GP guild, but it obviously wasn't an easier match, as they lost. Did they not "sandbag" enough? Or did they "sandbag" too much? What should they do next time in order to get an easy match?
    I am of course being obtuse. People in this threads deal in absolutes, I'm just trying to point out that they are wrong to do so
    and no disrespect intended toward our opponent. It was a great match and they set a very tough defence, we just beat them on efficiency
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Going to dig up this thread again, as I'm still confused about the claims people are making about TW matchmaking.

In the currently active TW we (https://swgoh.gg/g/12985/prepaired/) got matched with these guys (https://swgoh.gg/g/373/force-united/)

- we won 19004 v 18938

- we "sandbagged", by going in with <50. How come we didn't get matched with a smaller GP guild? Did we not "sandbag" enough? If not, how would we know in advance how many members should not signup so that we do get matched with a lower GP guild?
    - they "sandbagged", by going in with <50. They did get matched with a smaller GP guild, but it obviously wasn't an easier match, as they lost. Did they not "sandbag" enough? Or did they "sandbag" too much? What should they do next time in order to get an easy match?
    I am of course being obtuse. People in this threads deal in absolutes, I'm just trying to point out that they are wrong to do so
    and no disrespect intended toward our opponent. It was a great match and they set a very tough defence, we just beat them on efficiency

Who claims you're guaranteed a win, when you sandbag (or go in shorthanded or whatever)? Who claims that you're guaranteed to get matched with a non-sandbagging guild? Yes, you increase your chances to have an advantage but where do you see this claim of a guarantee?

We all know that nothing is guaranteed (other than being matched on active GP). All we need now is for you to understand, that everyone knows, and hopefully stop flooding these threads with this nonsense.
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »

- we won 19004 v 18938

Who claims you're guaranteed a win, when you sandbag (or go in shorthanded or whatever)? Who claims that you're guaranteed to get matched with a non-sandbagging guild? Yes, you increase your chances to have an advantage but where do you see this claim of a guarantee?

We all know that nothing is guaranteed (other than being matched on active GP). All we need now is for you to understand, that everyone knows, and hopefully stop flooding these threads with this nonsense.
    You should read the spoilers, and the rest of the thread @Waqui - sorry if the subtle nuance was too much for you.

I know full well these things aren't guaranteed. But many others in this thread make these claims:

- "if a guild has <50 signup they get a lower GP guild so they get an easier matchup"

My post is simply to highlight that nothing is guaranteed.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

- we won 19004 v 18938

You should read the spoilers, and the rest of the thread @Waqui - sorry if the subtle nuance was too much for you.

I know full well these things aren't guaranteed. But many others in this thread make these claims:

- "if a guild has <50 signup they get a lower GP guild so they get an easier matchup"

And everybody knows, that nothing is guaranteed. Knowing this, they can still aim to have an easier / different match-up - which apparently is too difficult for you to understand.
  • Options

And everybody knows, that nothing is guaranteed. Knowing this, they can still aim to have an easier / different match-up - which apparently is too difficult for you to understand.

Read this thread and tell me with a straight face that "everybody knows nothing is guaranteed". These posts in particular:

Higher GP guilds sit out members to reduce their matchmaking GP, they get matched with a lesser GP guild, and have an easier time winning because of the average higher GP per player.
    Costino1 wrote: »
    This was talked about on one of the Youtubers....sooo many people in the chat admitted to doing it and admitted it helps them win.

We're getting sandbagged right now as we speak. Our avg of 3.8m GP vs 4.6m GP is absurd. Cleared our map in 10 hours as we barely broke through to ships. Happens so often to us, and we have a lot of talent.

Synaptic wrote: »
    Whether it happens intentionally or as a result of lack of participation is basically irrelevant to the problem. The matchmaking not taking average GP of the signed-up players into account is the problem, not whether people abuse it or not. Intentional or not, the impact is the same.

While it's not always the case, a higher average GP tends to indicate a better quality of the top of the roster. The higher quality of the top-end of the roster, combined with having the benefit of having to deploy less teams, absolutely provides an advantage. As a 140m guild, we've faced guilds with 40-50m more GP and only low 30s number of people signed up on their end. Every time it's happened, we have gotten completely blown out.
    We're a 241M gp guild, we're not slouches. We have like a 75% win rate at TW, we even (rarely) manage a win vs. one of these sandbagging guilds. But then there's matches like this last one that are so lopsided it's just stupid. This isn't fun. Fix your **** system already.
    SerWulfgar wrote: »

Sandbagging is an attempt to manipulate the average GP of your opponent (to reduce it, to be more precise). By reducing the other team's average GP, you gain an advantage when it comes to the quantity of the rosters. Nobody talked about quality of squads, you might even be at disadvantage when it comes to that. But the quantity will grant you the upper hand and it is REALLY hard to compensate it for the other team.

If you fail to see that sandbagging (especially sandbagging with a focused roster....) is a viable tactic, then i cannot help you any more than this.

• Options
    I see you are having trouble with the word "attempt".

Ceterum censeo: i cannot help you any more than this.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

Read this thread and tell me with a straight face that "everybody knows nothing is guaranteed". These posts in particular:

This was talked about on one of the Youtubers....sooo many people in the chat admitted to doing it and admitted it helps them win.

We're getting sandbagged right now as we speak. Our avg of 3.8m GP vs 4.6m GP is absurd. Cleared our map in 10 hours as we barely broke through to ships. Happens so often to us, and we have a lot of talent.

Whether it happens intentionally or as a result of lack of participation is basically irrelevant to the problem. The matchmaking not taking average GP of the signed-up players into account is the problem, not whether people abuse it or not. Intentional or not, the impact is the same.

While it's not always the case, a higher average GP tends to indicate a better quality of the top of the roster. The higher quality of the top-end of the roster, combined with having the benefit of having to deploy less teams, absolutely provides an advantage. As a 140m guild, we've faced guilds with 40-50m more GP and only low 30s number of people signed up on their end. Every time it's happened, we have gotten completely blown out.
    We're a 241M gp guild, we're not slouches. We have like a 75% win rate at TW, we even (rarely) manage a win vs. one of these sandbagging guilds. But then there's matches like this last one that are so lopsided it's just stupid. This isn't fun. Fix your **** system already.

Sandbagging is an attempt to manipulate the average GP of your opponent (to reduce it, to be more precise). By reducing the other team's average GP, you gain an advantage when it comes to the quantity of the rosters. Nobody talked about quality of squads, you might even be at disadvantage when it comes to that. But the quantity will grant you the upper hand and it is REALLY hard to compensate it for the other team.

If you fail to see that sandbagging (especially sandbagging with a focused roster....) is a viable tactic, then i cannot help you any more than this.

I'm sure, that all of these posters are fully aware that there are no guarantees.

It's no different than saying that my guild is playing TW to win. Everybody knows that we're not guaranteed a win even if we play to win. However, making an effort to win increases our chances of winning.

Quite simple, really. Only not in your mind for some reason.
  • Options

I'm sure, that all of these posters are fully aware that there are no guarantees.

It's no different than saying that my guild is playing TW to win. Everybody knows that we're not guaranteed a win even if we play to win. However, making an effort to win increases our chances of winning.

Keep going with the insults, they’re a nice touch.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

Keep going with the insults, they’re a nice touch.

LOL! Read your own posts, dude.

But, ok. At least you stopped posting your silly questions.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    If you and your guild can’t do 4 wins on ground and 1 in fleet each then you guys need to focus on those offensive teams more. That’s all that is required. 5 wins each. Seems pretty easy
  • Options
    I'm sure that most of the people saying sandbagging doesn't help belong to guilds that usually do that. They think they win because of better tactics but it's not true. We usually get matched against sandbagging guilds that have 20%-40% more G13, relics and 6* mods than us. It is a huge advantage for them.
  • EA_Joz
    4056 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Hello everyone, please remember to keep things clean and constructive. There is no need to argue back and forth even if you do not agree with what the other user is saying. Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/127295/forum-guidelines

~EA_Joz
  • Jack1210
    771 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    I'm sure that most of the people saying sandbagging doesn't help belong to guilds that usually do that. They think they win because of better tactics but it's not true. We usually get matched against sandbagging guilds that have 20%-40% more G13, relics and 6* mods than us. It is a huge advantage for them.

The guild we just matched up with has 160M GP, we have 136. We had 41 join and there are 17 spots per territory. Why aren't they destroying us, they clearly "sandbagged" and wanna get a good match-up......? Oh wait, maybe this is pretty common and god forbid they could be a casual guild here for fun (not to manipulate the TW matchmaking algorithm)...
    Hint: We had a good strat, made a tough wall, and saved enough for offense, try it out.

So we're talking something that is not even a guarantee, and something that will take 2 months (rotating people to sit out and sand bag) if the match-ups were a guarantee to really take effect and benefit the guild? And you guys really think guilds would do this? Where is the logic? And by your own admission, it's no guarantee to get the match-up you want, so it realistically would take longer than 2 months for the rewards to equalize.
    My suggestion? Change something up and utilize a different strat....
  • Options

Does this include the people in guilds that sandbag with all 50 people?
  • Options

- we won 19004 v 18938

So the argument is that people are demanding guild members do not register for TW and forfeit their rewards all so other guild members can aim to maybe get a easier matchup?

If you quit your job you increase your chances to win the lotto.

The point is people not signing up (sandbagging) doesn't give an advantage to a guild just like quitting you job doesnt effect you shot at winning lotto.

Tw matching is a lottery and guilds have 0 control over who they are matched with. Guilds can not control if their opponent guild is more or less gp than their guild... ever ... in any situation.