New GL Mod Packs: What’s the roll guarantee?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Crowny wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    they are showing you the stats you are purchasing, so there are not odds to reveal.

That might make sense if people didn't upgrade mods. Nobody cares if they have a level 15 mod with +6 speed, they care about what the eventual speed will be once they fully upgrade the mod. But I hear where you're coming from, lawyer speak and what not, make it sound like this ISN'T just gambling.

I guess it is lawyer speak, but that's because the question was speaking to a law that requires the statistics on purchased items to be listed. But this doesn't apply here because there are no odds in this pack you are buying what is shown.

this is the same as buying a toons packs, there is no guarantee that the toon you get will have any use beyond what you can see at the time of purchase.

I was just trying to clarify that we shouldn't confuse the 2 things when talking about what needs to be done "legally".
  • Ultra
    11515 posts Moderator
    Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    I also assume the chance to roll speed is not different with these mods as any other mod we get in game.
    That is correct
  • Options
    a shard member just bought it, „no speed increase“, and the other comment i don‘t want publish here.
  • TVF
    36611 posts Member
    Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    5lxzg9wvlvvm.png
    Just had this $10+ mod in the mod store :)

Only +5 speed. $8.33 mod lol.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Has anyone seen a 6-speed secondary starting point in a mod since mods 2.0 went live? I don’t think I can ever recall a secondary speed starting at 6. Is this now more evidence of pay to play?
  • Ultra
    11515 posts Moderator
    Options
    Javabeeker wrote: »
    Has anyone seen a 6-speed secondary starting point in a mod since mods 2.0 went live? I don’t think I can ever recall a secondary speed starting at 6. Is this now more evidence of pay to play?
    They show up in the mod store, or when you are mod farming / leveling up your mods. Its extremely rare though
  • Options
    jedibaer71 wrote: »
    a shard member just bought it, „no speed increase“, and the other comment i don‘t want publish here.

That poor, poor ****.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    They show up in the mod store, or when you are mod farming / leveling up your mods. Its extremely rare though

Yup. I've probably seen 4-5 out of 10K mods or so.
  • Crowny
    273 posts Member
    Options

When you upgrade a mod, you can get +6 speed added to the existing stat. But I can't recall seeing any mods with a base speed secondary of anything other than +3, +4 or +5.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »
    5lxzg9wvlvvm.png
    Just had this $10+ mod in the mod store :)

Only +5 speed. $8.33 mod lol.

Well I had 1 sec fun with upgrading it and getting only a +11 result. 1 sec fun for $8.33. I don't understand why cinemas don't sell tickets for $44,982 for a 90min movie :smiley:
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    The crazy thing not CG offering this, we should expect that. The crazy thing is people will buy these like candy.

I also assume the chance to roll speed is not different with these mods as any other mod we get in game.

What's Crazy about it? They have proven time and time again they are willing to buy this and as a result, we get more of it. But let's go back to pretending this is just a video game here
  • Options
    Im not saying these packs are worth it. But the mods are targeted for Galactic Legends who already have huge base speed so speed secondaries might not actually be important for them. Speed sets yes as that is % based but does an extra 20 speed on top of 500-600 speed make much difference compared to say a protection or offence boost.

I dont have a GL unlocked so someone who does might be able to comment on this. Im thinking a speed mod with full offence roll for KL Kylo might be better than full speed roll?
  • Options
    btw. for this price you should be able to slice the bought mods to 6*.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    they are showing you the stats you are purchasing, so there are not odds to reveal.

That might make sense if people didn't upgrade mods. Nobody cares if they have a level 15 mod with +6 speed, they care about what the eventual speed will be once they fully upgrade the mod. But I hear where you're coming from, lawyer speak and what not, make it sound like this ISN'T just gambling.

I guess it is lawyer speak, but that's because the question was speaking to a law that requires the statistics on purchased items to be listed. But this doesn't apply here because there are no odds in this pack you are buying what is shown.

this is the same as buying a toons packs, there is no guarantee that the toon you get will have any use beyond what you can see at the time of purchase.

I was just trying to clarify that we shouldn't confuse the 2 things when talking about what needs to be done "legally".

I thought they did list odds on character packs, when the possibility of shards is a range.

Let’s say a character pack offers 5-330 character shards. You buy the pack and then it auto rolls for you and the odds of how many shards you get are listed by clicking the odds tab.

How is that different than these mod packs, aside from the fact that when you buy the mod pack you have to manually roll to find out how the mod ends up?

There’s still a range involved in what you purchase and what you end up with, it’s not a what you see is what you get.

not when its a guaranteed number of shards. This is similar to that, not the 5-330 packs.

These packs and the ones with guaranteed number of shards list exactly what you are buying and are therefore not subject to those laws.
  • TVF
    36611 posts Member
    Options
    jedibaer71 wrote: »
    btw. for this price you should be able to slice the bought mods to 6*.

You can slice any 5 dot mod to 6 dots so.......
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    Options
    I would buy those packs if we get guranteed maxed out mods with powerfull stats. CG missed an opportunity here.
  • TVF
    36611 posts Member
    Options
    Akenno wrote: »
    I would buy those packs if we get guranteed maxed out mods with powerfull stats. CG missed an opportunity here.

This sale is meaningless.

A pack with maxed mods would be very bad.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited April 2020
    Options

I thought they did list odds on character packs, when the possibility of shards is a range.

Let’s say a character pack offers 5-330 character shards. You buy the pack and then it auto rolls for you and the odds of how many shards you get are listed by clicking the odds tab.

How is that different than these mod packs, aside from the fact that when you buy the mod pack you have to manually roll to find out how the mod ends up?

There’s still a range involved in what you purchase and what you end up with, it’s not a what you see is what you get.

not when its a guaranteed number of shards. This is similar to that, not the 5-330 packs.

These packs and the ones with guaranteed number of shards list exactly what you are buying and are therefore not subject to those laws.

Ok, so you’re saying when someone buys one of these mod packs, it’s what you see is what you get and there is zero element of chance after the purchase?

So when you buy one of these packs, those mods do not and can not be upgraded with chance rolls?

No, there is no, zero, zilch degree of chance in the purchase, which needs to be revealed, because that is what the law pertains too. they make no guarantees or anything about the evolution of your purchase after it is made. just like any purchase you make without a warranty.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Akenno wrote: »

This sale is meaningless.

A pack with maxed mods would be very bad.

but then we could complain about how whales are buying success. #SilverLinings
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    These packs are bait for new whales, lol. I expect some will take it.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    ypyee1s1hd2r.jpeg
    d2zbepmg4rbi.jpeg

Not me but others posting
  • Options
    f3k6na1xbeuq.jpg
    High-value packs and discounts on items already offered in the store would make it easier to pretend they give a bleep. 🤷🏻
  • Options
    I have had mods slice +6 spd, definitely. I just don’t think I’ve seen a starting secondary @ 6 since the mod update...if they are that rare (they are) and they're dumping that many into the game just because someone has paid for those packs - some of those packs were showing 3 or 4 spd-6 starting secondaries - then F2P definitely at another disadvantage. And that doesn’t even account for the fact that some of those mods will almost certainly get a 6-spd starting secondary when rolling to gold before slicing. wow