New GL Mod Packs: What’s the roll guarantee?

1234568Next

Replies

• Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »
    Crowny wrote: »
    they are showing you the stats you are purchasing, so there are not odds to reveal.

That might make sense if people didn't upgrade mods. Nobody cares if they have a level 15 mod with +6 speed, they care about what the eventual speed will be once they fully upgrade the mod. But I hear where you're coming from, lawyer speak and what not, make it sound like this ISN'T just gambling.

I guess it is lawyer speak, but that's because the question was speaking to a law that requires the statistics on purchased items to be listed. But this doesn't apply here because there are no odds in this pack you are buying what is shown.

this is the same as buying a toons packs, there is no guarantee that the toon you get will have any use beyond what you can see at the time of purchase.

I was just trying to clarify that we shouldn't confuse the 2 things when talking about what needs to be done "legally".

I thought they did list odds on character packs, when the possibility of shards is a range.

Let’s say a character pack offers 5-330 character shards. You buy the pack and then it auto rolls for you and the odds of how many shards you get are listed by clicking the odds tab.

How is that different than these mod packs, aside from the fact that when you buy the mod pack you have to manually roll to find out how the mod ends up?

There’s still a range involved in what you purchase and what you end up with, it’s not a what you see is what you get.

not when its a guaranteed number of shards. This is similar to that, not the 5-330 packs.

These packs and the ones with guaranteed number of shards list exactly what you are buying and are therefore not subject to those laws.

Ok, so you’re saying when someone buys one of these mod packs, it’s what you see is what you get and there is zero element of chance after the purchase?

So when you buy one of these packs, those mods do not and can not be upgraded with chance rolls?

No, there is no, zero, zilch degree of chance in the purchase, which needs to be revealed, because that is what the law pertains too. they make no guarantees or anything about the evolution of your purchase after it is made. just like any purchase you make without a warranty.

So basically rng after the purchase gets around the law?

Let's run a simplified example:
    So if they sold a $40 "mod box" that either gave you a 6 speed offense cross, or a 25 speed offense cross, the law would force them to tell you there's a less than 1% chance of getting the 25 speed one.

In this case the cost is the same, and the chance of the 25 speed mod is the same, but they get around the law because of the very specific way the rng is realized?

If true, it sounds like any law is ultimately doomed to failure with things like this

Edit - and the warranty example doesn't really work. Warranties are for the 5% of the time things break. With mods, 95% of the time the mods suck, lol
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Snake2 wrote: »
    they are showing you the stats you are purchasing, so there are not odds to reveal.

That might make sense if people didn't upgrade mods. Nobody cares if they have a level 15 mod with +6 speed, they care about what the eventual speed will be once they fully upgrade the mod. But I hear where you're coming from, lawyer speak and what not, make it sound like this ISN'T just gambling.

I guess it is lawyer speak, but that's because the question was speaking to a law that requires the statistics on purchased items to be listed. But this doesn't apply here because there are no odds in this pack you are buying what is shown.

this is the same as buying a toons packs, there is no guarantee that the toon you get will have any use beyond what you can see at the time of purchase.

I was just trying to clarify that we shouldn't confuse the 2 things when talking about what needs to be done "legally".

I thought they did list odds on character packs, when the possibility of shards is a range.

Let’s say a character pack offers 5-330 character shards. You buy the pack and then it auto rolls for you and the odds of how many shards you get are listed by clicking the odds tab.

How is that different than these mod packs, aside from the fact that when you buy the mod pack you have to manually roll to find out how the mod ends up?

There’s still a range involved in what you purchase and what you end up with, it’s not a what you see is what you get.

not when its a guaranteed number of shards. This is similar to that, not the 5-330 packs.

These packs and the ones with guaranteed number of shards list exactly what you are buying and are therefore not subject to those laws.

Ok, so you’re saying when someone buys one of these mod packs, it’s what you see is what you get and there is zero element of chance after the purchase?

So when you buy one of these packs, those mods do not and can not be upgraded with chance rolls?

No, there is no, zero, zilch degree of chance in the purchase, which needs to be revealed, because that is what the law pertains too. they make no guarantees or anything about the evolution of your purchase after it is made. just like any purchase you make without a warranty.

So basically rng after the purchase gets around the law?

Let's run a simplified example:
    So if they sold a $40 "mod box" that either gave you a 6 speed offense cross, or a 25 speed offense cross, the law would force them to tell you there's a less than 1% chance of getting the 25 speed one.

In this case the cost is the same, and the chance of the 25 speed mod is the same, but they get around the law because of the very specific way the rng is realized?

If true, it sounds like any law is ultimately doomed to failure with things like this

Edit - and the warranty example doesn't really work. Warranties are for the 5% of the time things break. With mods, 95% of the time the mods suck, lol

I do not know all the laws around the world, there are many out there right now pertaining to gaming. Many are focused solely on gambling and games like that. So as long as there is no "zero prize" they dont concern anyone. Then there are other laws that just state that probabilities of packs need to be shown when they are purchased with money, others extend that to in game currencies also. I am not aware of any laws out there that say you need to state the probability of an in game event happening to an in game item purchased with money or in game currencies. I could be wrong, there are a lot of places out there taking this more seriously than others. This type of evolution is something that has not been addressed as far as I am aware.

The laws/business statements out there vary greatly, and some of the ones that many give praise are some of the ones with the most obvious gaps in them.

You will be hard pressed to find any examples of a non stated "covered for the evolution of this product", it just doesn't exist in real business. They guard themselves against more than they protect the customer. Thats not to say that companies will not cover certain things if you pay extra for it, but thats not what is going on here, there is no guarantee stated that they will be anything more than what you are buying.

As for the doomed to fail, yes, but we are in the early stages and we can all hope that as we move forward we will see more and better things.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Again, Hard pass. Sell me 5dot mods at lvl 15 and awaiting 6 dot salvage and ill spend cash.

Then i know the quality of the mod and i know when i upgrade it, itll go 6 dot and enhance all.

This is $75 for the base stats which are great but worthless if the right ones dont roll when upgraded.

Take your money and use it on toilet paper on ebay. May still be a rip off but atleast you get some garunteed use.
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Y

Kyno, but do you “feel” they should display the odds of the future potential of the mod, to be open, honest, and fair to the players, or continue to always use non-disclosure unless there is a specific law that requires otherwise?

Folks, here’s some odds to really put things into perspective:

wq7jkrbfsp1i.jpeg

Honestly, I am a data junkie when it comes to information, but statistics for things like this dont really serve a purpose. It doesnt change the outcome. Knowing what the rate of upgrade is not helpful since we have no way to gain advantage from knowing, it doesnt change how we farm, choose to upgrade or anything relevant to the mod itself.

I also dont think that those being available for this would make any real changes to the number of purchases. Do you?

Kyno, I do agree with much of what you said, however I do feel, to be open and most fair to the player base, they could have added a simple statement on the purchase screen that the mods themselves do not have any guarantee or a roll probability, that they are no different than any other mod.

Why would you assume anything else?

How about the fact that 2 of the packs say “great mods” on them and the most expensive pack says “powerful mods” on it.

What does that even mean?

Beats me. People should always do their research before buying something. Advertising is always deceptive.

While I agree advertising can often be deceptive, it’s certainly not always deceptive and definitely not always this deceptive.

Mostly disagree.

I'm watching Super Size Me 2 atm and the entire industry does this.

LOL ok, I certainly understand advertising and tricks. Not all products require tricks and deception in their advertising.

what are the "tricks and deception?" serious q

Kyno, but do you “feel” they should display the odds of the future potential of the mod, to be open, honest, and fair to the players, or continue to always use non-disclosure unless there is a specific law that requires otherwise?

wq7jkrbfsp1i.jpeg

Honestly, I am a data junkie when it comes to information, but statistics for things like this dont really serve a purpose. It doesnt change the outcome. Knowing what the rate of upgrade is not helpful since we have no way to gain advantage from knowing, it doesnt change how we farm, choose to upgrade or anything relevant to the mod itself.

I also dont think that those being available for this would make any real changes to the number of purchases. Do you?

Kyno, I do agree with much of what you said, however I do feel, to be open and most fair to the player base, they could have added a simple statement on the purchase screen that the mods themselves do not have any guarantee or a roll probability, that they are no different than any other mod.

I don't understand why anyone would think these are somehow new, magical mods with guaranteed rolls that were introduced with no explanation that they were indeed some new type of mod that guaranteed good rolls

Well mods are programmed when bought in stores or gained to already have a predetermined roll to them. How you upgrade it is irrelevant as it would just be the same mod in the end, ergo 3 levels at once or upgrade to 12.

People figured that CG, selling a pack of mods for $100, would include mods they programmed to have at least a certain amount of speed boosts to them or boosts to the stats they’re advertising.

I do agree though, expecting it without them telling us is setting yourself up for failure if you have any dealing with CG and their tactics just this year alone. Unless it’s spelled out for you, don’t assume they’re doing the right thing lol

Your perceptive

Glad someone else also realized that mods are pre programmed to their g12 stat levels when created by CG. Anyone who does a deep dive into mods will see that some of the best mods in the game are carbon copies of each other. Like speed mods with health primary and secondary of speed 25 with defense health and potency all in that order and with 12, +352, and 1.22% respectively. Other people will have that same exact mod.

Even within my own mod collection I have several carbon copy mods that upgraded to the exact same level. When you have a secondary of health % potency % critical % and protection % and they all go to 2 decimal places and they all start and upgrade to the same levels at 3 6 9 12 one can conclude that the level upgrades are pre programmed into the mods themselves upon creation.

My point is the rolls are not truly random meaning a 25% chance for 1 in 4 stats to be upgraded, the rolls are pre programmed by CG into the base mod when it is released, the upgrades for the players are unlocked at 3 6 9 12 but they are not True rolls or rng. Its already been rolls be CG upon release, it already has predetermined final stats, all players are doing is removing the sheet and seeing what it underneath, they are not randomly rolling what's under the sheet if that makes sense to u all.
  • TVF
    36771 posts Member
    Options
    Y

wq7jkrbfsp1i.jpeg

How about the fact that 2 of the packs say “great mods” on them and the most expensive pack says “powerful mods” on it.

Beats me. People should always do their research before buying something. Advertising is always deceptive.

While I agree advertising can often be deceptive, it’s certainly not always deceptive and definitely not always this deceptive.

Mostly disagree.

LOL ok, I certainly understand advertising and tricks. Not all products require tricks and deception in their advertising.

wq7jkrbfsp1i.jpeg

I don't understand why anyone would think these are somehow new, magical mods with guaranteed rolls that were introduced with no explanation that they were indeed some new type of mod that guaranteed good rolls

Well mods are programmed when bought in stores or gained to already have a predetermined roll to them. How you upgrade it is irrelevant as it would just be the same mod in the end, ergo 3 levels at once or upgrade to 12.

People figured that CG, selling a pack of mods for $100, would include mods they programmed to have at least a certain amount of speed boosts to them or boosts to the stats they’re advertising.

I do agree though, expecting it without them telling us is setting yourself up for failure if you have any dealing with CG and their tactics just this year alone. Unless it’s spelled out for you, don’t assume they’re doing the right thing lol

Your perceptive

Glad someone else also realized that mods are pre programmed to their g12 stat levels when created by CG. Anyone who does a deep dive into mods will see that some of the best mods in the game are carbon copies of each other. Like speed mods with health primary and secondary of speed 25 with defense health and potency all in that order and with 12, +352, and 1.22% respectively. Other people will have that same exact mod.

Even within my own mod collection I have several carbon copy mods that upgraded to the exact same level. When you have a secondary of health % potency % critical % and protection % and they all go to 2 decimal places and they all start and upgrade to the same levels at 3 6 9 12 one can conclude that the level upgrades are pre programmed into the mods themselves upon creation.

My point is the rolls are not truly random meaning a 25% chance for 1 in 4 stats to be upgraded, the rolls are pre programmed by CG into the base mod when it is released, the upgrades for the players are unlocked at 3 6 9 12 but they are not True rolls or rng. Its already been rolls be CG upon release, it already has predetermined final stats, all players are doing is removing the sheet and seeing what it underneath, they are not randomly rolling what's under the sheet if that makes sense to u all.

Can you link your gg here and tell us which mods to look at? Otherwise you're just looking at the same mod twice from the in-game view.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Y

wq7jkrbfsp1i.jpeg

Mostly disagree.

wq7jkrbfsp1i.jpeg

Your perceptive

Ignoring the claims not backed up by data (and yes, people have done data collection on mod rolls), how would rolling at creation vs rolling at level change anything? To a player, they are equivalent. Unless of course you are implying that CG has a programmer sitting at a computer manually entering numbers for the millions (billions?) of mods rolled every day.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • TVF
    36771 posts Member
    Options
    Y

wq7jkrbfsp1i.jpeg

Mostly disagree.

wq7jkrbfsp1i.jpeg

Your perceptive

Ignoring the claims not backed up by data (and yes, people have done data collection on mod rolls), how would rolling at creation vs rolling at level change anything? To a player, they are equivalent. Unless of course you are implying that CG has a programmer sitting at a computer manually entering numbers for the millions (billions?) of mods rolled every day.

No he's saying they created 12 mods and it's random which one you get, but there's only 12.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Y

wq7jkrbfsp1i.jpeg

Mostly disagree.

wq7jkrbfsp1i.jpeg

Your perceptive

No he's saying they created 12 mods and it's random which one you get, but there's only 12.

There are more combinations of secondaries, so he’s not saying 12.

I didn’t know the rolls were predetermined though.

according to the dev team they are not predetermined. maybe he will come back with some data to show what hes saying.
  • TVF
    36771 posts Member
    Options
    Y

wq7jkrbfsp1i.jpeg

Mostly disagree.

wq7jkrbfsp1i.jpeg

Your perceptive

They aren't and the 12 part was an extreme exaggeration, or joke if you prefer.
  • TVF
    36771 posts Member
    Options
    Y

wq7jkrbfsp1i.jpeg

Mostly disagree.

wq7jkrbfsp1i.jpeg

Your perceptive

They aren't and the 12 part was an extreme exaggeration, or joke if you prefer.

Maybe his post is a joke? I truly can’t tell if he’s serious.

If he's serious he'll post his gg and show us the mods. But he won't.