Ahnalds account [MERGE]

Replies

• bearrock
    64 posts Member
    Options
    I really wish ahnald would just go away forever. I can't stand him.

I know. It really sucks when they strap you into a chair and force you to watch him isn't it?
  • Devian
    671 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    Is CG going to ban all the people that use modding services, since that is also account sharing?

I hope so
    and those who ask guild mates to help them with arena/ga/tb/tw during vacations/absence
    would be nice to climb empty roster )))))
  • SithVicious
    1283 posts Member
    Options
    Is CG going to ban all the people that use modding services, since that is also account sharing?

I hope so

And why is that?
    account sharing... we just covered this

keep up, buddy

Haha. You amuse me. Let us ban those who wanted to have a better in-game experience, you mean? That’s what I see. Seems you don’t think of the wider picture. ;)
    Stay loyal to CG, buddy.

Thinking of the wider picture, choosing not to ban those using a modding service would be very hypocritical. Hacks, 3rd party crystals, and pirated gift cards can also provide someone a better in-game experience. That’s a very poor standard to use as a rule enforcement policy. The point is consistent application of the rules, if you’re going to think of the wider picture that is.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    @TVF said it's true, so it must be.

Snarky Kyno best Kyno
  • BVH3030
    67 posts Member
    Options

Snarky Kyno best Kyno

Hmmm think he's going to delete his own post for violations of Terms of Service everyone is so strongly defending? "This includes deliberately trying to cause an argument by making sarcastic, off-topic, rude or disruptive posts, and discussions." The post seems both sarcastic and off-topic, as well as calling out someone in the forums which is also specifically against the terms of service.

Pot, meet kettle.
  • Options
    Kountkajh wrote: »
    CG told Ahnald to choose what week he wants to be banned and it will be a one week ban

So I guess if Ahnald goes along with it - he’s no different than the people he was complaining about

CGultra knows all. Lol
    That’s the word of mouth in some discord servers idk if it’s true

A wild kyno has appeared...
  • CadoaBane
    563 posts Member
    Options
    So I've read the first page of the thread but not going to force myself through 24 pages of fan boy whining. A guy got banned for violating the ToS because he was stupid enough to make it public. I don't care if it's happened to a "famous" youtuber or any other random player, it's his own fault that he got caught. So get over it, there are other things to criticize about some questionable game practices, but this is just laughable. People even call him a content creator without even knowing what that really is. He's an entertainer who makes good money with his youtube account, and his original account remains - nothing to see here.
  • Vi1teran_
    218 posts Member
    Options
    CG told Ahnald to choose what week he wants to be banned and it will be a one week ban

So I guess if Ahnald goes along with it - he’s no different than the people he was complaining about

CGultra knows all. Lol

Maybe don't repeat word of mouth as fact
  • Options
    CG, you will receive zero funds from me until AhnaldT has been freed. He provides an aspect of the game that you fail to do, and is essential to the community at large. Halt all aggression now!

(This is NOT a call to stop spending)
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Options
    Vi1teran_ wrote: »

CGultra knows all. Lol

Guess you missed the "idk if it's true" part ;)
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    Options
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    So I've read the first page of the thread but not going to force myself through 24 pages of fan boy whining. A guy got banned for violating the ToS because he was stupid enough to make it public. I don't care if it's happened to a "famous" youtuber or any other random player, it's his own fault that he got caught. So get over it, there are other things to criticize about some questionable game practices, but this is just laughable. People even call him a content creator without even knowing what that really is. He's an entertainer who makes good money with his youtube account, and his original account remains - nothing to see here.

You are missing the whole point by not reading the whole thread.

CG made deals with people who actually cheated.

Arnold himself admitted that he violated the TOS but he never cheated against a player.

Now which one affects you as a player? If another player who cheated on you, got caught and just got one week ban? If this was another game, they’ll get a permaban, not a shady deal making offer.

• Vi1teran_
    218 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options

CGultra knows all. Lol

I did, please point it out, in the original post.
  • Options
    Shiftyund wrote: »
    Eutus wrote: »
    Look, im not gonna go watch any of his videos to find out what happened. I dont want him in my youtube algorythms. But if you wanna tell me here, even if its a little exacerbated, im into it. I come here for the flaming bags of terds littered all over this dumpster fire. And this one sounds like a stinky one

Maybe their new tools autodetect enjoyment across all platforms and auto ban?

They didn't ban his main account, but another account that wasn't originally his

1. Account transfer is against the Terms of Service (Violation #1)

2. The other issue (unconfirmed) is that the account was originally a chinese account so there might be illegal crystal purchases (in the past) or since China is removing the game and CG is no longer supporting it after the next Title Update, the account was going to go away eventually

The second point is unconfirmed but Ahnald still has his main account which he has used for all his videos so far, so its not as big of a loss, and he's still able to make the same videos as he always has

Watch bulldogs video about the guy who got is account banned for 6 months and sold it. I really don't care what Ahnald did on his account or the previous owner. What I care about is CG doesn't apply the rules equally to all players.

THIS

CG is applying the rules unequally just like Twitter and Facebook does against Conservatives.
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Options
    @CadoaBane Do you think CG should negotiate with cheaters?
  • Conrad10
    2 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Lol I was just about to buy a vault when this all came to light. I’d be okay with the ban if there wasn’t a double standard. Get your crap together CG.
  • Options
    24 pages (on mobile at least) and the best a mod could do was dig on someone else?

At least there's not a raging dumpster fire going on to spend time on, I guess.
    Chained since '16
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    BVH3030 wrote: »

Snarky Kyno best Kyno

Hmmm think he's going to delete his own post for violations of Terms of Service everyone is so strongly defending? "This includes deliberately trying to cause an argument by making sarcastic, off-topic, rude or disruptive posts, and discussions." The post seems both sarcastic and off-topic, as well as calling out someone in the forums which is also specifically against the terms of service.

Pot, meet kettle.

Firstly, yes I was trying to be a little funny.

I think we can all agree that if we fully enforced the Forum Guidelines to the letter this conversation wouldn't even be here. In all honesty 99% of the violations we have removed are profanity.

Discussions like this are hard and we try to do our best to let it happen and keep things somewhat in line.

Dont worry I know I am the worst person in the world, I have come to terms with that. That doesnt mean we can have a constructive conversation about this.

To answer a few points I see:
    They didnt ban his main account (I know it's been said multiple times but people still come here with "unban him", which is not totally accurate).

From my understanding they did communicate why this is going on when it happened with him directly.

Each case of cheating is handled independently and on a case by case basis.
    IMO, no matter how things are handled with each case...when someone makes a move like that, that is in direct violation of a set of rules, they put the person on the enforcement side of things in a difficult spot and that can mean they have no choice but to act in accordance with the rules they have.

But I am not going to pretend to know all the details.
  • Options

CGultra knows all. Lol

A wild kyno has appeared...

So do I throw a pokeball at kyno?
  • Options

I hope so

And why is that?
    account sharing... we just covered this

keep up, buddy

Haha. You amuse me. Let us ban those who wanted to have a better in-game experience, you mean? That’s what I see. Seems you don’t think of the wider picture. ;)
    Stay loyal to CG, buddy.

Thinking of the wider picture, choosing not to ban those using a modding service would be very hypocritical. Hacks, 3rd party crystals, and pirated gift cards can also provide someone a better in-game experience. That’s a very poor standard to use as a rule enforcement policy. The point is consistent application of the rules, if you’re going to think of the wider picture that is.

It is only a modding service though. This game revolves around mods (at higher levels) so if they were to ban such things, I think lots of people would quit the game (maybe). Hacks etc might give them a better experience, but it is hacking. We all know that is banned, banned in games everywhere. A modding service, nay, account sharing is surely not a reason to permanently ban, even temporarily ban someone when it is done to such a small extent.
    Like other guys said, if you were to give your kids your account because you didn’t want to play and your account got banned, what would be your reaction? You’d probably be very mad.“But it’s a violation of the TOS. Your fault.“
    See my point? It’s stupid to get banned over such a small thing, whereas cheaters don’t get a perm ban.
    The wider picture is the deeper aspects of this. Like the example I gave you. I don’t think Ultra thought about that when they wrote their post.
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options

Snarky Kyno best Kyno

Pot, meet kettle.

I think we can all agree that if we fully enforced the Forum Guidelines to the letter this conversation wouldn't even be here. In all honesty 99% of the violations we have removed are profanity.

Discussions like this are hard and we try to do our best to let it happen and keep things somewhat in line.

Dont worry I know I am the worst person in the world, I have come to terms with that. That doesnt mean we can have a constructive conversation about this.

They didnt ban his main account (I know it's been said multiple times but people still come here with "unban him", which is not totally accurate).

From my understanding they did communicate why this is going on when it happened with him directly.

IMO, no matter how things are handled with each case...when someone makes a move like that, that is in direct violation of a set of rules, they put the person on the enforcement side of things in a difficult spot and that can mean they have no choice but to act in accordance with the rules they have.

So why delete a thread that question the basis of making deals with cheaters?

Why would most of us should spend money if a cheater can get away with it once? Why delete comments about that thread being deleted?
  • BVH3030
    67 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options

Oh yeah I get it I know it's not easy. I was mostly being snarky towards you to prove a point about rules enforcement/communication from CG being utterly inconsistent and nonsensical at times. I was using the forum guidelines as an example for how CG is handling the situation.

The TOS are very similar to the forum guidelines. Every single one of us, including you as a mod as you just said, have violated the forum guidelines and if they were enforced 100% of the time, there would probably be no forum at all. In the same way, I believe a more realistic approach to the Terms of Service is probably better here. The Terms of Service are in place by EA to protect their investment. He took an account and spent thousands after taking it over in revenue to CG while also provided countless free advertising to the game which is hard to monetize.

CG is getting horrible publicity over this, Ahnald lost the immediate ability to make new content right now even if he is going to rewhale, and lots of people have pledged to stop spending money on this game.

How is any of this good for the game or anyone?
  • BVH3030
    67 posts Member
    Options
    Nohgoa59 wrote: »
    Hey Kyno you must be really busy deleting so many comments......jackass

Oh yeah I get it I know it's not easy. I was mostly being snarky towards you to prove a point about rules enforcement/communication from CG being utterly inconsistent and nonsensical at times. I was using the forum guidelines as an example for how CG is handling the situation.

The TOS are very similar to the forum guidelines. Every single one of us, including you as a mod as you just said, have violated the forum guidelines and if they were enforced 100% of the time, there would probably be no forum at all. In the same way, I believe a more realistic approach to the Terms of Service is probably better here. The Terms of Service are in place by EA to protect their investment. He took an account and spent thousands after taking it over in revenue to CG while also provided countless free advertising to the game which is hard to monetize.

CG is getting horrible publicity over this, Ahnald lost the immediate ability to make new content right now even if he is going to rewhale, and lots of people have pledged to stop spending money on this game.

How is any of this good for the game or anyone?

my bad @Kyno I responded to the wrong post on that somehow; I meant to respond to yours.
  • Options

CGultra knows all. Lol

I did, please point it out, in the original post.

Nah, I know reading is hard
  • Joebo720
    648 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options

Dont worry I know I am the worst person in the world, I have come to terms with that.

Nah you're just doing your job. All have the days where we wished we called in instead. Probably a good time to go out and get a smoothie though.

• Kountkajh
    29 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    What competitive advantage did Ahnald gain from this second account? Why perma ban the account? The only advantage that was obtained was that of his viewers (who, by the way, are your players).
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited June 2020
    Options
    ZAP wrote: »

Snarky Kyno best Kyno

Pot, meet kettle.

So when they said that cheating specifically would not be handled on a case by case basis, but instead would be permanent banned with their zero tolerance policy, they were lying?

fwhesyexfog6.png

That would be one case, not every "cheater" is "cheating" in that way.

Let me clarify, his case was different than what you are quoting, the 3rd party crystal sites are another.... there are many different things going on and not all of them are the same and may not have happened recently, when policies may have changed
  • BVH3030
    67 posts Member
    Options
    ZAP wrote: »

Snarky Kyno best Kyno

Pot, meet kettle.

So when they said that cheating specifically would not be handled on a case by case basis, but instead would be permanent banned with their zero tolerance policy, they were lying?

fwhesyexfog6.png

That would be one case, not every "cheater" is "cheating" in that way.

hahaha oh come on man just think like a logical human being. When you start saying phrases like "not ever cheater is cheating in the same way" you have to start to question if you're on the right side of an issue right?