Ahnalds account [MERGE]

Replies

• Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Did they focus on it or did he put it in front of them in an indisputable way that forced them to deal with it?

Kyno - you're better and smarter than that.

You know full well, just like I do, just like every watcher of SWGOH videos does, that Ahnald did not have that account banned because he was "cheating".

You know that. We're not stupid and you're not stupid.

I actually know for a fact that this happened because he brought the account to them and showed them exactly what he was doing and it was a violation of the ToS.

"Their hands were tied" at that point.

“Their hands were tied”?

Just like they were when they were negotiating with cheaters and hackers? Sorry. Those that had “bad battles”

Dude stop man. I respect you and understand that you need to do what you gotta do to keep things civil and under control to a degree but don’t do that. CG has been arbitrary with their punishments and have been exposed as negotiating with people cheating and manipulating crystal purchases. Multiple instances where their “hands weren’t tied”.

Bottom line is they used this as a way to stick it to Ahnald and the game changers. They could’ve talked to him about it, communicated, anything. But instead when he contacted them so he could keep giving them money on the account....let me repeat. GIVE THEM MONEY!, they tell him the account is banned and ghost him. No harm to the game at all.

Yet they’ll negotiate and have an open line of communication with people that hurt the integrity of the game and cheat honest players out of rewards and fair gameplay. One devalued the investment of its players, the other didn’t and actually contributed to the revenue of the game. Which one got the ban hammer and ghosting?

Their hands aren’t tied in this dude. They were licking their chops when this started to go down. So much so that they didn’t think what the blowback and exposure of their own misdeeds would come about.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    I actually know for a fact that this happened because he brought the account to them and showed them exactly what he was doing and it was a violation of the ToS.

So Ahnald is parallel parking near a police station and accidentally bumps one of their squad cars. Ashamed, he walks into the police station to see a corporate CEO being let out after serving a week in minimum security prison for embezzlement, co-incidentally the CEO has made a sizable 'donation' to the department. Ahnald approaches the police desk clerk, and admits that he bumped a cruiser, and asks about what can be done. Without a word, a flurry of officers jail him indefinitely for his crime.

"Their hands were tied."

66-661421_jackie-chan-****-meme-jackie-chan.png

Do you have a date on the communication he showed?

Did he do this as an exposé or a reaction? I'm not defending the negotiations, but it seems like he had this in his back pocket, and didnt necessary do this "for the community".

This was actually already exposed prior to them banning Ahnald. However the ghosting of him and proof of further arbitrary punishment is what set it off

If that happened before they made the stated changes to their policy and this happened after, doesnt that remove some of the "arbitrary" part ?

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Did they focus on it or did he put it in front of them in an indisputable way that forced them to deal with it?

You know full well, just like I do, just like every watcher of SWGOH videos does, that Ahnald did not have that account banned because he was "cheating".

“Their hands were tied”?

Just like they were when they were negotiating with cheaters and hackers? Sorry. Those that had “bad battles”

Dude stop man. I respect you and understand that you need to do what you gotta do to keep things civil and under control to a degree but don’t do that. CG has been arbitrary with their punishments and have been exposed as negotiating with people cheating and manipulating crystal purchases. Multiple instances where their “hands weren’t tied”.

Bottom line is they used this as a way to stick it to Ahnald and the game changers. They could’ve talked to him about it, communicated, anything. But instead when he contacted them so he could keep giving them money on the account....let me repeat. GIVE THEM MONEY!, they tell him the account is banned and ghost him. No harm to the game at all.

Yet they’ll negotiate and have an open line of communication with people that hurt the integrity of the game and cheat honest players out of rewards and fair gameplay. One devalued the investment of its players, the other didn’t and actually contributed to the revenue of the game. Which one got the ban hammer and ghosting?

Their hands aren’t tied in this dude. They were licking their chops when this started to go down. So much so that they didn’t think what the blowback and exposure of their own misdeeds would come about.

Again, if one happens before the stated policy change and one happens after, I can see why one would want to compare them, but is that a fair comparison?

Also how was he ghosted?
  • Options
    Just saw CAEA’s website. It talks of the very popular game SWGOH. And how they need people for their teams. Quite funny really. If you want to keep SWGoH a successful game then bring back the people that made it this way. Carrie, tophat anyone of you listening? They are destroying your game, your baby. Help!!! We just want to play.
  • Options

So Ahnald is parallel parking near a police station and accidentally bumps one of their squad cars. Ashamed, he walks into the police station to see a corporate CEO being let out after serving a week in minimum security prison for embezzlement, co-incidentally the CEO has made a sizable 'donation' to the department. Ahnald approaches the police desk clerk, and admits that he bumped a cruiser, and asks about what can be done. Without a word, a flurry of officers jail him indefinitely for his crime.

"Their hands were tied."

Did he do this as an exposé or a reaction? I'm not defending the negotiations, but it seems like he had this in his back pocket, and didnt necessary do this "for the community".

This was actually already exposed prior to them banning Ahnald. However the ghosting of him and proof of further arbitrary punishment is what set it off

If that happened before they made the stated changes to their policy and this happened after, doesnt that remove some of the "arbitrary" part ?

Whether or not anything happened "Before" or "After" some half-believable "promise" to police their game in regards to hackers and cheaters, does not condone the actions of a developer who's SOLE JOB IS TO POLICE THEIR GAME.

Chained since '16
  • Options
    Everyone who knowingly let cheating continue in this game must be fired. Their existence in the community is cancer on this game, eating it from the inside out.
  • Options

"Their hands were tied."

I was the one who “had it in my back pocket”. The conversation date was from December. I didn’t bring it out until a few weeks ago because the account ended up banned for 5 months instead of a week. I assumed it was a permaban, so I didn’t find the screenshot worth sharing. Once the ban was lifted I showed it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

"Their hands were tied."

Whether or not anything happened "Before" or "After" some half-believable "promise" to police their game in regards to hackers and cheaters, does not condone the actions of a developer who's SOLE JOB IS TO POLICE THEIR GAME.

I didnt say it did. I actually said I'm not defending the negotiations.

But there are comparisons made between a statement made and these actions, and which came first matters in that comparison.

If they made that statement and have followed through with that since, then the whole "what is going on with the negotiations with cheaters" point is "moote" as far as the future is concerned.

That doesnt mean you can't feel the need to pass judgment on what they did in the past, but it doesnt bring into question the current state of things.
  • BVH3030
    67 posts Member
    Options

"Their hands were tied."

But there are comparisons made between a statement made and these actions, and which came first matters in that comparison.

If they made that statement and have followed through with that since, then the whole "what is going on with the negotiations with cheaters" point is "moote" as far as the future is concerned.

That doesnt mean you can't feel the need to pass judgment on what they did in the past, but it doesnt bring into question the current state of things.

Kyno the "current state of things" is a company too cowardice to address their own customers, who have little to no interest to bring anything new to this game, and have clearly been interested in shady dealings at some point. What part of any of that sounds right? Come on man you sound like a defense attorney mincing words going wellll but did he "kill" the guy or did the knife technically do it?
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    Options

Exactly. We would have been outraged if CG had looked the other way and accommodated his request to change countries while they ban some people for it. CG was screwed either way.

Good point. At least the Chinese player community would be **** off if we get to know such a "special treatment" for a single person even if it's Ahnald (yes, some of us follow him too).

I see now Chinese whales leaving this game left and right. It's so sad.
  • Options

"Their hands were tied."

It most assuredly "bring into question the current state of things". LD's credibility is shot. The whole dev team's credibility is shot. There is no way now to take them at their word on anything. I fear there is no coming back from it, either. Longtime players have seen this song and dance many times before. "We promise", "We'll do better", "We know we have to work on things", "We're going to change" blah blah blah.

Defend them if you must, but if you dig deep down- you know this is hot garbage.

Chained since '16
  • KM1
    145 posts Member
    Options
    BVH3030 wrote: »

"Their hands were tied."

Kyno the "current state of things" is a company too cowardice to address their own customers, who have little to no interest to bring anything new to this game, and have clearly been interested in shady dealings at some point. What part of any of that sounds right? Come on man you sound like a defense attorney mincing words going wellll but did he "kill" the guy or did the knife technically do it?

Stockholm syndrome
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

"Their hands were tied."

Bringing in your slighted view of who they are doesnt mean its true. There is no need to make personal attacks on people you dont know.
  • Options

"Their hands were tied."

Bringing in your slighted view of who they are doesnt mean its true. There is no need to make personal attacks on people you dont know.

Is that not human nature?
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

"Their hands were tied."

I was the one who “had it in my back pocket”. The conversation date was from December. I didn’t bring it out until a few weeks ago because the account ended up banned for 5 months instead of a week. I assumed it was a permaban, so I didn’t find the screenshot worth sharing. Once the ban was lifted I showed it.

Thank you for the clarification. I was having a hard time finding information.
  • Options

[/quote]

"Their hands were tied" at that point.[/quote]

Exactly. We would have been outraged if CG had looked the other way and accommodated his request to change countries while they ban some people for it. CG was screwed either way. [/quote]

Good point. At least the Chinese player community would be **** off if we get to know such a "special treatment" for a single person even if it's Ahnald (yes, some of us follow him too).

I see now Chinese whales leaving this game left and right. It's so sad.

[/quote]

Do you know that because of laws passed in China games like SWGoH are not available to their market?
    The provided link is just one outlining law changes in China. https://nikopartners.com/game-regulations-in-china-everything-you-need-to-know/

I wonder why Chinese players are leaving...
  • Options

"Their hands were tied."

@Vettes4Fetts2
    As a fellow programmer, I can tell you that fixing exploits and bugs in code can be challenging.

In most games you have a client and a server so that means finding the exploit, modifying two code bases, regression testing and then releasing... and finding new bugs that were unintentionally missed in regression testing.

The other challenge that exists with cheating in all games is the client. There are ways to decompile an application, run it so that it has the same authentication to the server and effectively is new application.

@Kyno
    I don't think the precedence set by enforcing the TOS is moot at all.

From what I've observed, it's not the order or the future of how it's handled. I imagine there will always be some disgruntled anyways.

Consistency and communication are what is expected of a business.
    They lack both here.
  • BVH3030
    67 posts Member
    Options

"Their hands were tied."

That was in no way a personal attack and not even close. In no rational view could that be viewed as a personal attack. I've actually been defending you in several cases over the past several days so I'm sorry if criticism hurts. But you literally just defended them along the lines of "well what they did in the past doesn't matter now." If I committed fraud in my company and broke my customers trust, but I promised to be really good from now on and didn't do anything after for a while, but kept my job, why in the world should my customers trust that I'm doing good now and have the best intentions?
  • Options
    Who knows. At this point I guess the Chinese are lucky that way!!!
  • Options
    Any class action attorneys here?
  • Options
    Ronin7275 wrote: »
    Any class action attorneys here?

Ahnald is supposed to be a lawyer, right?
  • Options
    Well if he’s a class action litigator then great. Just seems like we’ve all spent money and have been defrauded by this organization. It also seems that legal avenues are all they listen to. I say let’s take our money back. Calling all LAWYERS!!!! Or JG Wentworth. Lol
  • Options
    daxxzannon wrote: »

@Vettes4Fetts2
    As a fellow programmer, I can tell you that fixing exploits and bugs in code can be challenging.

In most games you have a client and a server so that means finding the exploit, modifying two code bases, regression testing and then releasing... and finding new bugs that were unintentionally missed in regression testing.

The other challenge that exists with cheating in all games is the client. There are ways to decompile an application, run it so that it has the same authentication to the server and effectively is new application.

Consistency and communication are what is expected of a business.
    They lack both here.

1. I don't care what "challenges" there are in fixing bugs and exploits. That's the job they signed up for. Do it, and do it fairly. There is no "challenge" is blatantly "haha bro"ing it up with a cheater.
    2. I agree with the consistency and communication aspect. They have neither. And any attempt of either going forward will always carry the stigma of their actions. To regain the trust of the playerbase will require something monumental at this point.

Chained since '16
  • Options
    Well if he’s a class action litigator then great. Just seems like we’ve all spent money and have been defrauded by this organization. It also seems that legal avenues are all they listen to. I say let’s take our money back. Calling all LAWYERS!!!! Or JG Wentworth. Lol

Celino and Barns isn't a thing out there? I don't follow lawyers like I do SW...
  • Options
    Somewhat hilariously overlooked in all of this is Ahnalds spurious claim that his account was banned because CG has some sort of vendetta against him.

I mean if this vendetta was true, why not just copyright strike him on Youtube and shut him down completely? They can do this easily. Game developers do not have to allow their gameplay to be broadcast.
  • Options

EA TOS states by downloading and installing their software you agree to NOT bring any legal action against them. Or words to that effect. so yeah.. nope
  • Options

Really mate? You're really saying that? Honestly?

That's hilarious :smiley: keep on, keeping on. You're not on the side of right here, and I know you know that.