Ahnalds account [MERGE]

Replies

• ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Crazy to drop jedi luke then go home at least they're back in the office tomorrow maybe we'll get some answers

Answers to what?

Id like to know why they were negotiating with a cheater. Id like that answered.

Id also like to know how they claim zero tollerance on cheating when they are doing that type of behavior?

Id also like to know what they are going to do to rebuild trust?

And lastly, i want to know why i should spend money on the game if they are going to negotiate to keep cheaters in the game?
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    All the negativity of this time will be memorialized in youtube videos about the release of Jedi Luke on various channels covering the most iconic character in all star wars galaxies of heroes.

When u think about it any future potential players of the game will hear it. Many people who are unaware who ahnold is will hear about CGs actions. This negativity will spread among the player base like covid.
  • Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Crazy to drop jedi luke then go home at least they're back in the office tomorrow maybe we'll get some answers

Answers to what?

Id like to know why they were negotiating with a cheater. Id like that answered.

Id also like to know how they claim zero tollerance on cheating when they are doing that type of behavior?

Id also like to know what they are going to do to rebuild trust?

And lastly, i want to know why i should spend money on the game if they are going to negotiate to keep cheaters in the game?

That to me is the biggest thing. By their own words they claimed to have a zero tolerance policy to cheating, to protect players and the game. They not only failed to do that, but purposely ignored their own policy.

You invest money into toons, take that toon into Ga and have a g8 jawa beat you...

That is literally what happened to me...
  • JMG680
    83 posts Member
    Options
    [/quote]

That to me is the biggest thing. By their own words they claimed to have a zero tolerance policy to cheating, to protect players and the game. They not only failed to do that, but purposely ignored their own policy.

You invest money into toons, take that toon into Ga and have a g8 jawa beat you...[/quote]

Spending real money in a game where someone can just use a program to cheat you is not a good business plan. Why they say zero tolerance and then work with a cheater to keep them in game is not only wrong but also Against the public message CG put out.
  • Options
    When you’re standing on a escalator and someone walks up behind you and you have to move for them because they have to get to the top 4 seconds faster than you.... that’s Ahnald.
  • Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    When you’re standing on a escalator and someone walks up behind you and you have to move for them because they have to get to the top 4 seconds faster than you.... that’s Ahnald.

Kinda like you’re the one who walks up the down escalator.

Could be worse I guess,
    You just got off entirely,
    Said you'd try the lift.
  • WhoDat
    55 posts Member
    Options
    When LS geo landed, I was ready to just leave, I was absolutely furious... Ahnalds take on LS Geo was:
    A) yes, it’s unbalanced, and hopelessly unplayable
    B) Not to be too upset, because CG would ultimately provide either a difficulty adjustment or additional characters / power creep / reworks to make LS geo enjoyable
    C) He further DEFENDED CG by relating the LS geo launch to Hoth and HSTR as a vote of full confidence that even though the content wasn’t immediately viable, CG would build a path to tackle the new content

Without Ahnald, I wouldn’t be playing swgoh, he kept me interested, I trusted HIS vote of confidence... whereas everything CG had to say in response further alienated me.

Watching him test new characters, and using teams in GAC, or just playing through PVE content is 98% or more of my motivation and inspiration to play...

CG should be spoon feeding Ahnald with test accounts, not targeting him for whatever reason.

Seriously, I’d grant him and a handful of other content creators with completely loaded up accounts, allow them to be ‘ghost’ members of a guild (may attack in raids / tb but results don’t count, can’t set defense or attack in TW, doesn’t count as 1/50 guild members) to play and test characters at any power level they desire... Provide the test account infinite crystals, but don’t let it hold a place in arena payouts, yet let it attack any arena opponent in the top 50, just without moving the rankings, set up a simple agreement stating to hold the test account a content creator is responsible to post swgoh tagged content ? times per month. But allow them to commend or condemn at their own free will. Give them 6 months with the test account, then renew if it’s working.

If CG can’t or won’t support content creators, this game will go Hindenburg, but Swgoh will crash faster.

I guarantee Ahnald is directly attributable for tens of thousands or more in revenue every month, and easily much more when you consider the reciprocal spending that occurs as a result.... ie when one Ahnald subscriber spends in swgoh, that spending ultimately produces progress that other guild members observe, which provides a small push for other guild members to match or beat, which produces more players that are more likely to spend.

Finally, I’ll recognize that CG does have a long term and evolving plan that does adapt to the community. We do appreciate that, but without the tremendous support and promotion from the content creators, there is no appreciable community remaining to fuel this game any further.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    WhoDat wrote: »
    When LS geo landed, I was ready to just leave, I was absolutely furious... Ahnalds take on LS Geo was:
    A) yes, it’s unbalanced, and hopelessly unplayable
    B) Not to be too upset, because CG would ultimately provide either a difficulty adjustment or additional characters / power creep / reworks to make LS geo enjoyable
    C) He further DEFENDED CG by relating the LS geo launch to Hoth and HSTR as a vote of full confidence that even though the content wasn’t immediately viable, CG would build a path to tackle the new content

Without Ahnald, I wouldn’t be playing swgoh, he kept me interested, I trusted HIS vote of confidence... whereas everything CG had to say in response further alienated me.

Watching him test new characters, and using teams in GAC, or just playing through PVE content is 98% or more of my motivation and inspiration to play...

CG should be spoon feeding Ahnald with test accounts, not targeting him for whatever reason.

Seriously, I’d grant him and a handful of other content creators with completely loaded up accounts, allow them to be ‘ghost’ members of a guild (may attack in raids / tb but results don’t count, can’t set defense or attack in TW, doesn’t count as 1/50 guild members) to play and test characters at any power level they desire... Provide the test account infinite crystals, but don’t let it hold a place in arena payouts, yet let it attack any arena opponent in the top 50, just without moving the rankings, set up a simple agreement stating to hold the test account a content creator is responsible to post swgoh tagged content ? times per month. But allow them to commend or condemn at their own free will. Give them 6 months with the test account, then renew if it’s working.

If CG can’t or won’t support content creators, this game will go Hindenburg, but Swgoh will crash faster.

I guarantee Ahnald is directly attributable for tens of thousands or more in revenue every month, and easily much more when you consider the reciprocal spending that occurs as a result.... ie when one Ahnald subscriber spends in swgoh, that spending ultimately produces progress that other guild members observe, which provides a small push for other guild members to match or beat, which produces more players that are more likely to spend.

Finally, I’ll recognize that CG does have a long term and evolving plan that does adapt to the community. We do appreciate that, but without the tremendous support and promotion from the content creators, there is no appreciable community remaining to fuel this game any further.

Some of us make these decisions by ourselves, or together with guilds, discord servers, etc. Maybe your reliance on him isn't as necessary as you believe it is. Perhaps it's even possible the game would exist without him.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Newbie wrote: »
    CG, You should fire all of your content creators and developers or hire Ahnald to be their team leader. He is bringing us more enthusiasm to the game more than all stupid trash your developers bring to us. To me, he's part of the game. Just tell me what's in it for you when you ban Ahnald account. I believe you have known about it for long not until now. You behave strictly to Ahnal as a warning message to him because he's helping us to realize how bad the game is or he's helping us not to waste money on your trash toons that you feel proud of. You dont want someone to expose all your trash works that you say you have carefully planned for years. oh come on. Just admit it. Because those top managers or investors are so greedy at our wallets, more suitable: those greedy pigs have blinded you all. You will feel annoying when Ahnal advises us to should or should not invest into your toons, bundles,..... I swear with you no single penny will be spent for this game. i just hang around until you shut down this game forever or until you show us more cares to the community.

This ahnald? This is the guy we can't possibly go on without?

https://youtu.be/zlXOo4Q4qLE
  • Options
    This game is good, but the pricing model with new toons and little content is toxic. I think one day EU and US will have to ban the model.Same as China is trying to do. Paying for games is fine. Asking us (and our kids) for an 100$ payment just for starters is toxic.
  • Options
    Tanzos2 wrote: »
    @Bulldog1205

I have question for you:

I've watched your videos on your thoughts about the situation and you have a unique perspective given your history in the matter with CG.

You said that after your own debacle with CG you were again banned because you used a transfer account after people reported you playing the game again after your initial ban. CG then replied to you stating that:

"We don't look for transfer accounts to ban, but if they come to us we will ban them."

That makes A LOT of sense, and your approach on the matter stems from not treating Ahnald differently than they treated you. Therefore you agree with the ban.

But the question I ask is, is there a chance that both you and Ahnald were treated differently because of your histories than say a random person like me?

You did cause an outrage with the cheating tools and Ahnald has his own criticisms of CG, I find it equally possible that CG banned you (again) and Ahnald as a way of bullying the critics just as much as they're sticking to their "guidelines"

Possibly. But I try not to bury people for that just based on speculation. If there were cases of them somehow catering to those account transfers or ignoring indisputable cases then I would be upset about that. But also keep in mind that account transfer is frequently hard to prove. Ahnald and I couldn’t deny it because we are on our own channels admitting it.

And I’m still not exactly happy about the whole situation. I’m not defending CG’s policy, simply defending the consistency of it based on my own experiences. Anyone who follows me knows I’m not scared to bash CG, but I’m not going to be someone who just bashes them for everything regardless of what they do. I can’t be mad at them both for banning Ahnald or for not banning Ahnald, and if they didn’t ban him for the exact same thing I got banned for I absolutely would have been livid.

At a certain point you have to see the malice involved. You were banned because you brought something to light they they didn’t want out. (TOS violation)

He has been threatened with legal action to remove one of his prior videos. - he was in law school at the time as I recall and they said that he was in breach of their “contract” with him. A contract which he had never signed.

All the game changers were HIGHY discouraged when they wanted to make content for marvel, and even threatened with not receiving in game ads and such.

I know we can’t provide proof that this was done maliciously, but I think we can prove a track record of a general distain for folks who attempt to promote their product. It all seems fishy to me.

And on a side note, I liked your content back in the day, hope you’ve found somewhere more deserving of your talents man.

• Crayvis01
    41 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

That’s mobile gamer. But good try.

• Options
    Is anyone, other than me, disgusted by the levels of entitlement among the so-called “influencers”?

They seem to have forgotten they’re using someone else’s content to help them make a living and I highly doubt anybody asked for permission to use it(from what I understand, but I could be wrong). They’ve put aside the respect they had for the creators of a game they CLAIM to love.

The reek of entitlement is strong in this community and I just want to let the devs know,
    I STILL LOVE THIS GAME!

I’m not a huge fan of the disney episodes and related content so I passed on the existing GL but I’m excited about RotJ Luke finally making his appearance. I’m also jacked about the plans to revisit the clone wars era content later in the year and I can’t wait to start working on the Mando when he drops F2P so, don’t let these entitled, selfish, demands get you down, you still have some support amid the chaos because despite how unpopular it may make me, I’m not going anywhere.

Thanks again dev team,

May the force be with you.
  • Options
    Crayvis01 wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »

That’s mobile gamer. But good try.

You didn't watch the video, did you?
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks, have another pack.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    Some think influencers should develop the game instead and that would be better. One wonder how many would play that game.
  • Zzyymm
    51 posts Member
    Options
    I dislike these forums for this very reason. Reading through so many of these posts, I’m shocked that these people continue to play this game that they seem to hate so much. I personally love this game and will continue to play it and spend on it.
  • Anarkid
    149 posts Member
    Options
    You don't hate JRPGs, you don't hate developers, you don't hate star wars .. you hate capitalism.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    Crayvis01 wrote: »
    Tanzos2 wrote: »
    @Bulldog1205

I have question for you:

I've watched your videos on your thoughts about the situation and you have a unique perspective given your history in the matter with CG.

You said that after your own debacle with CG you were again banned because you used a transfer account after people reported you playing the game again after your initial ban. CG then replied to you stating that:

"We don't look for transfer accounts to ban, but if they come to us we will ban them."

That makes A LOT of sense, and your approach on the matter stems from not treating Ahnald differently than they treated you. Therefore you agree with the ban.

But the question I ask is, is there a chance that both you and Ahnald were treated differently because of your histories than say a random person like me?

You did cause an outrage with the cheating tools and Ahnald has his own criticisms of CG, I find it equally possible that CG banned you (again) and Ahnald as a way of bullying the critics just as much as they're sticking to their "guidelines"

Possibly. But I try not to bury people for that just based on speculation. If there were cases of them somehow catering to those account transfers or ignoring indisputable cases then I would be upset about that. But also keep in mind that account transfer is frequently hard to prove. Ahnald and I couldn’t deny it because we are on our own channels admitting it.

And I’m still not exactly happy about the whole situation. I’m not defending CG’s policy, simply defending the consistency of it based on my own experiences. Anyone who follows me knows I’m not scared to bash CG, but I’m not going to be someone who just bashes them for everything regardless of what they do. I can’t be mad at them both for banning Ahnald or for not banning Ahnald, and if they didn’t ban him for the exact same thing I got banned for I absolutely would have been livid.

At a certain point you have to see the malice involved. You were banned because you brought something to light they they didn’t want out. (TOS violation)

He has been threatened with legal action to remove one of his prior videos. - he was in law school at the time as I recall and they said that he was in breach of their “contract” with him. A contract which he had never signed.

All the game changers were HIGHY discouraged when they wanted to make content for marvel, and even threatened with not receiving in game ads and such.

I know we can’t provide proof that this was done maliciously, but I think we can prove a track record of a general distain for folks who attempt to promote their product. It all seems fishy to me.

And on a side note, I liked your content back in the day, hope you’ve found somewhere more deserving of your talents man.

Fishy in what way? Cg wanted to dominate, but not being a good sport while trying that. Pretty much on the surface. Now market domination is not a possibility anymore since there are a number of well established competitors (where one even funds content makers of swgoh and whatnot). Thus they are even more on the edge about it.
  • Options
    snarzenal wrote: »
    Is anyone, other than me, disgusted by the levels of entitlement among the so-called “influencers”?

They seem to have forgotten they’re using someone else’s content to help them make a living and I highly doubt anybody asked for permission to use it(from what I understand, but I could be wrong). They’ve put aside the respect they had for the creators of a game they CLAIM to love.

The reek of entitlement is strong in this community and I just want to let the devs know,
    I STILL LOVE THIS GAME!

I’m not a huge fan of the disney episodes and related content so I passed on the existing GL but I’m excited about RotJ Luke finally making his appearance. I’m also jacked about the plans to revisit the clone wars era content later in the year and I can’t wait to start working on the Mando when he drops F2P so, don’t let these entitled, selfish, demands get you down, you still have some support amid the chaos because despite how unpopular it may make me, I’m not going anywhere.

Thanks again dev team,

I can understand your point of view from a F2P perspective. This game for free still amounts to good value.
    But as a person who has invested a fair amount of money into this game I take a completely different view. With the amount of money that has flowed into the game over the past years the product is distinctly lacking... we should have plenty more to do and many ways to use the characters we have invested in.
    Whilst I do not always agree with these youtubers of influence we as a community need them to point out the games failings and make them known....it is one of the few ways to hold CG to account for their actions so they are incredibly important.
    The one thing as a spender that is really important to me is the revelation of negotiating with hackers/ cheats.... this totally undermines my investment in the game and I now know not to invest anymore money until the devs address these issues and make it known to the community that is will not happen again
  • Options
    Deany123 wrote: »
    snarzenal wrote: »

I STILL LOVE THIS GAME!

Thanks again dev team,

I can understand your point of view from a F2P perspective. This game for free still amounts to good value.
    But as a person who has invested a fair amount of money into this game I take a completely different view. With the amount of money that has flowed into the game over the past years the product is distinctly lacking... we should have plenty more to do and many ways to use the characters we have invested in.
    Whilst I do not always agree with these youtubers of influence we as a community need them to point out the games failings and make them known....it is one of the few ways to hold CG to account for their actions so they are incredibly important.
    The one thing as a spender that is really important to me is the revelation of negotiating with hackers/ cheats.... this totally undermines my investment in the game and I now know not to invest anymore money until the devs address these issues and make it known to the community that is will not happen again

I play the game like a free player but I do buy packs and support this game. Just. Like. The. Whales.

I guess the difference of opinion I have is based on the idea that CG sold me a game, a product. It didn’t give me an investment opportunity, it sold me a product with no guarantee of subsidy(crystal earning). If the influencers are unhappy with the product, they should throw it away.

But instead the influencers use the content for years to make money, without permission, and then scream and whine when the company does something they deem inappropriate. Of course they bad mouth the company FOR MONTHS bragging about how they cheat and then rail against efforts to eliminate cheating.

Hypocrisy and entitlement is the projection the influencers are putting on CG, they need to look in a mirror and grow up.
  • Options
    I still enjoy the game, but some things have not been done like they should have.
    Leaving the rumor of the “end of the game” with the Jedi knight Luke reveal wasn’t the best idea and should have been cleared up

Regarding you tubers, I think the issue isn’t that an account got banned, it is that people who have a bad influence on the game, cheaters, get to negotiate when they start the ban. They get a say.

Another issue about that is, whilst they can make a living on the game, they also provide free advertising for the game. When a new character comes out, some people are unsure if that character will be good or not. They watch a video and possible buy the character, which provides a stable relationship between the developers and influencers. This was broken though, first when the test accounts where taken away, which forced some influences to whale out on a character themeselfs and more recently, the account getting banned. Whilst the ban was in accordance with the TOS, it still didn’t help an already strained relationship

Whilst CG can continue t make content, they do need to listen to the community more. Again, let me refer to Jedi knight Luke. And this isn’t the first time they have given some news the community is unsure about on a Friday and let it get worse until Monday where they clarify some stuff.

Plus, we are still waiting for the road ahead post, which was meant to be last month, and hopefully, might be later today
  • Options
    Regarding you tubers, I think the issue isn’t that an account got banned, it is that people who have a bad influence on the game, cheaters, get to negotiate when they start the ban. They get a say.

Correct me if i'm wrong as I stopped watching the Youtubers months ago. The negotiating with cheaters is based of 1 screenshot being shared by the Youtube collective? A screenshot that a toddler could've done on their school lunch break. There's no time, no date, no visible sender info (initials don't count) - I wouldn't be surprised if one of them made this themselves.

Additionally, given the lack of time/date visible, it's awfully convenient that Ahnalt has this info as his not his account gets banned - even it's true, i don't think it is, then he's likely to have been sitting on this for a while and used for self interest.
  • Options

Correct me if i'm wrong as I stopped watching the Youtubers months ago. The negotiating with cheaters is based of 1 screenshot being shared by the Youtube collective? A screenshot that a toddler could've done on their school lunch break. There's no time, no date, no visible sender info (initials don't count) - I wouldn't be surprised if one of them made this themselves.

Additionally, given the lack of time/date visible, it's awfully convenient that Ahnalt has this info as his not his account gets banned - even it's true, i don't think it is, then he's likely to have been sitting on this for a while and used for self interest.

Yea, I might have to correct you here. Sorry. One of my mates cheated on the game and got to negotiate the ban. It is a common occurrence. I understand why it isn’t permanent but they shouldn’t get to negotiate. It should be the ban will start at this time. End at this time. If this doesn’t help you, tough. Shouldn’t have cheated.

If you go to jail, you don’t get to negotiate when you go in. Whilst you can get parole, I am going to ignore that for now for simplicities sake
  • Options
    This topic became absolutely hillarious...

I think that many posters here are under impression that CG is an evil greedy empire - and our poor boy Ahnald is a poor victim respresenting the "oh, so mistreated" community.
    Well - not really.
    CG does the game for money
    Ahnald does the videos for money.
    Maybe it wasn't as such in the beginning - but now it became his way of getting money for living (same as Cubs, Mobile and maybe a few more)

And, from the pure business standpoint - he invested in the tool that he should have known it was risky - former Chinese kraken account.

If he was aware of the risk - well, he made a wrong investment. Because the first issue , that he assumed was a bug (mising crystal offers) was the consequence of the restrictions because of the origin of the account - and it was nothing personal.

If he wasn't aware of the risk - it means that he must have been quite naive...

And the **** happened - Chinese accounts got restricted purchase policy, he thought it was a bug so, in an essence - you may compare it to somebody going to the american bank with the chinese credit card "from the uncle" and waving it around and ask them if the can fix it, because it somehow stopped working...

What would you do if you were the Bank? Not much of a choice, huh?

To keep the paralell - They left him all of his cards, and cancelled "uncle one". And do you know what he has done? Went to all of the shops that he spend the money from "the uncle" card and told them - look, this evil bank cancelled my card. I can't shop with you anymore. Look at all of the losses! Now come and help me to punish the ****! Lets's all boycot their service! But you know what? I know a better bank... (and here comes the new game to make the videos on)

Be reasonable. It is his business. The tool that he invested in was crippled (and it was his risk to invest in that tool) so now he need to make a choice, which boils down to:

a) Keep content based of what is available to him (his original acounts)
    b) Re - whale on his account to keep the "quality of the content" (quite expensive, but possible)
    c) Shift to other tool (different game to cover)

It's easy to fall into the trap of thinking that what he does, he does for the community. But in fact - he wants to keep the business that he build running - and the whole principle of the business is to deliver You Tube movies that entertains the community (which he does extremely well and efficient, to be fair).
    And he understands very well, that in order to keep his business, he needs to give the community an impression, that he is fighting for them primarily. But don't get yourself fooled - he is fighting for his business in the first place.

And in this regard - he is no different than CG.
    The drama sells well, but it will get old fast, so he must find a way to keep viewers interested.
    And I am also very curious what would be outcome of this situation, but essentially - it is all about the business.

So unless there will be some "effective spending boycot" (which may force CG to rethink some of the business practices - because that's also their ultimate goal - keep the business running) - I wouldn't hope for much of a change.

No matter how many pages this thread would be filled with.