Luke requirements [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    How is he not a rebel, he has no team. The suggested team says we should dismantle both padme and GAS squads for this garbage? You can’t event pair Jedi Luke with the toons your relic‘ing. This is far worse than the GLs. At least SLK can run a full FO squad and Rey can do well with a full resistance team.

Again...NO rebel tag?? He just a loner?? All of the other Jedi have a place NOT on JKL team
  • VaderB1
    146 posts Member
    Options
    Lio wrote: »
    Stenun wrote: »
    Stenun wrote: »
    HOW IS IT A PAYWALL

Because most people won't have all the required characters at Relic 3. Therefore if you want him any time soon, you have to pay.

THEN YOU DON'T GET HIM THIS TIME AND WAIT FOR HIM TO COME BACK

C'mon, did you guys just download this game? Literally no character is available right away unless you pay (including marquee and legendaries). This isn't new. If anything, whales won't be able to get him since they'll new GET1 to have Wampa, Hoda, and Leia

Yes.
    I'm curious if you actually read my original post?

I'm not complaining about the pay wall. I know full well I won't get him this time and will wait for him to come back. That is not the point of this thread.

It is the lack of content for everyone else that I am drawing attention to.

You said Luke is content you need to pay for. I disagree.

Also, this isn't the only thing coming. Luke's kit reveal isn't the RA.

An most likely the road ahead will consist of nothing, and drop after the JKL event has ended. I have lost all faith in this company.

Keep spouting the company line though, you do it well.
  • Darion
    75 posts Member
    Options
    Welcome to the JKL mini Galactic Legend Event LOL, excited though to finally farm Hyoda and Wampa
  • Options
    So looking at his kit, he’s only useful with Jedi. However no OR jedi so JKR, Jolee and Bastilla are out. He has no rebel synergy so literally all of the characters outside of Hyoda can’t be used with him making them useless gear requirements.
    In order to maximize his kit you need to dismantle GAS and Padme squads or utilize heavily underwhelming Jedi that are desperate for reworks. Oh and his speed reduction doesn’t work against GL’s at all.

Why would anyone in their right minds spend money or even in game resources on the first pass?
  • Options
    I def see relics being the minimum to get into an event like this. It kind of has to be, right?

I am also glad JKL is finally in the game. I feel it’s long overdue.

This is no surprise from CG, they’ve always released characters of this magnitude this way. (Generally speaking)

My criticism of it- are unworthy toons of being relic’d (this has always been a criticism)

JKL doesn’t boost up the req toons.

Maybe I’m just a hater on JKR, I feel like he shouldn’t be the end all be all for the Jedi tag. I feel like this synergy should switch from Jedi to OR/OR JEDI.

I’m also not bleeding edge in this game as much. I still have the 2 GLs to unlock and build up.

So JKL is a dub for me. I do enjoy Mando and hopefully other toons that are coming from there. (Please)

I see myself unlocking JKL- 3rd time around.
  • Options
    These requirements do NOT line up with how weak this character is. and I thought CG said they didn't want to release Jedi Luke as anything but the most powerful character in the game, and they postponed releasing him because he'd be eclipsed over time

This kit looks like it would have been good a year and a half ago, before JKR
    but now it's a joke.
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    So looking at his kit, he’s only useful with Jedi. However no OR jedi so JKR, Jolee and Bastilla are out. He has no rebel synergy so literally all of the characters outside of Hyoda can’t be used with him making them useless gear requirements.
    In order to maximize his kit you need to dismantle GAS and Padme squads or utilize heavily underwhelming Jedi that are desperate for reworks. Oh and his speed reduction doesn’t work against GL’s at all.

Why would anyone in their right minds spend money or even in game resources on the first pass?

I think I’m done praying for silver lining but maybe Jedi reworks are coming? Otherwise who can he be paired with? This is absolutely ridiculous
  • Options
    He’s supposed to be the ultimate character, they said it themselves. How is this passable as a great toon??
  • rzebiak
    17 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    The requirements aren't that bad to be honest....

The majority of 3M+ players probably have almost all of these at 7-star already and have all of the required ships.

Not to mention that CLS/Chewie/C3/Vader are all pretty common/strong relics already.

Lando/ROLO/CHS are really the only bad ones, but at least we already have them at 7-star/they are very easy farms

• Options
    I figured it out, I figured it out !!!!

He's supposed to be in charge of KAM!!!

No?
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    They hyped him so much and he isn’t even a GL
  • Options
    My first thought was get some popcorn, the forums will be blazing!
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Options
    rzebiak wrote: »
    The requirements aren't that bad to be honest....

The majority of 3M+ players probably have almost all of these at 7-star already and have all of the required ships.

Not to mention that CLS/Chewie/C3/Vader are all pretty common/strong relics already.

Lando/ROLO/CHS are really the only bad ones, but at least we already have them at 7-star/they are very easy farms

I agree the req’s aren’t bad, I’m really not mad about that. It’s JKL as a character. I’m honestly baffled at how he is supposed to live up to what everyone thought he should be.
  • Options
    This is obviously not the final Luke.

They are leaving room for a return of the jedi journey, so maybe that Luke will be the GL/enduring meta character.

Unbelievable he has no rebel tag or synergy.
  • Options
    When your game is dying and driving players away how else do try to increase spending?
    Give them the character they've been asking for, for years, take low end characters and require them to be geared and reliced higher then most above average characters, and give them a short amount of time to do it.

Classic CG move they've been doing for years and now your surprised about it.
  • Options
    CG should at least rework Lando... It will be painful to put him in relic 3 only for Luke and them never use him again 😓. This Lando is a shame, and also Vader... I don’t understand why is so difficult to rework this old characters! Actually, I know the reason...
  • Options
    Specifically excluding the OR jedi and suggesting GAS, GK and GMY as synergy options just shows even more reasons why most jedi need reworks. They are the only good jedi in the game, the rest are poor to average.

Hoda, old ben, kanan and ezra would be better synergy options unless you give him a rebel tag.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Wait are we seriously only getting a 3 day notice on the requirements to event start?
  • Options
    My 2 cents on all of this?
    Everyone with somewhat of a roster should at least have Vader, CLS, C3PO and Chewbacca at G12.
    They should also have Hermit at 7*.
    Same with ROLO through Hoth TB's in the past.
    Lando's been in the game since what, day 1? If you don't have him at 7*, that's your own fault.
    The ships should be covered as well.

That leaves us with CHS and Wampa, and coincidentally in my own situation.
    It's my own fault I haven't got Wampa at 7 yet. I only unlocked him and then cast aside. I DID want to invest in him, but the 480 GET stun guns kept calling.
    CHS is the only real pain, as I don't think many of us have him started/geared up.

And in the end, are those requirements thát much harder/pointless than they ones we needed for CLS? Or JTR?
    And were you all ready to go when those 2 were released back in the day?
    You all were hoping for requirements like G8, ability level 7?
    Are you all going to cry for weeks if you don't get him first time around? Because it's really supposed to be this way...
    If everyone just has the required characters laying around for a new Legendary, where's the point in playing a resource management game?
    You're all crying too much over a game.

And yes, they need to communicate and release their Road ahead and give us content to play.
    But please, don't give 'em hell for doing the exact same thing they've always done when releasing a new Legendary/Hero's Journey character.
    It's always been a few days notice and it's always been like "shoot, I don't have x and y starred up".

Live with it.
  • Options
    HOW IS IT A PAYWALL

For veteran players not so much but newer players that want him have a paywall. That being said these requirements aren't all that bad
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Well, requirements are not so bad, I agree with a couple of people here.

I play the game since a couple of months before CLS, and the pattern has always been the same when a new character is released: those you want to unlock it on the first go will have to pay some money, others who want to focus farm the requirements and have a decent crystal income will unlock it about 3 months later, others about 6 months later. They are exceptions (hoarding like crazy, already having the characters needed just because, GL...), but basically that's it.

The gear crunch to gear a character up to g12 didn't change (GAC gives a few pieces, but really few), but to go from g12 to g13, it's easier now: Sith Raid, TB, TW give those pieces, and a veteran player can have 210 Kyrotechs per month via Assault battles new tier 1 (6x20) and daily rewards (30x3). So having a R3 requirements (which is not far away from g13, it's not the R7 requirements we have for GL) is kinda the new norm for high level characters. G13 is the new G12. It's a step up (and a big one) from CLS requirement, but it's Hero's journey: advanced level. Better character (we don't know it yet, but it's supposed to be this way), higher requirement.

What's surprising is that the event forces you to gear up the villains in the story. 'Didn't happen in Hero's journey before. Oh, and some characters needed are hidden behind Guild Event (currency or Special missions). You can't buy those, so JKL is really for seasoned players only. You can't whale on it in a young account.

What worries me the most is the actual event. If I gear up all those characters, some of them I probably won't used later on (I'm looking at you, ROLO and CHS), I want to play them in the event and I want to have fun doing it. It's what disappointed me in GL: the event was not very fun to play (compared to previous events) and I didn't use all the characters CG made me gear. 'Feels pointless. I hope they made it right this time, as they did before.
  • Options
    Thanks for yet another event that will be playable in a few months. I will not pay for these sort of money grab for a one time playable type event. But I do commend you on actually releasing something.. I will definitely spend some cash when you guys do a new raid or some sort of playable mode which we really need. I hope others do the same but you are free to encourage cash grab content and soon 500$ a character will turn to 1000$ and so on.. Cheers
  • Options
    So. First Rey is not a Jedi, now Luke is not a rebel. Have the devs even watched Star Wars?
  • Options
    Seeing the requirements, I would like to ask the following of the community and discuss:

1. This isn't a Journey character because it requires ~10 units, including ships.
    2. Will this be a 7s unlock?
    3. Will we actually need to use these units in the event (this is based on GL requirements and event that resulted from those requirements)

MORE IMPORTANTLY..... What is your personal timeline to finish the requirements if you weren't spending?