June Road Ahead?

Replies

• Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Options
    Mcamire16 wrote: »
    Any chance we'll get an update on what to expect from the game in the next couple weeks? The game is getting really stale, especially with all the content being targeted at heavy spenders. I've been playing for a few years, but I'm still months away from getting the galactic legends, so I've got little to look forward to. We're still waiting on a state of the galaxy post.. since March? It'd just be nice to hear something from the developers. If they found time to stir everyone up with these TOS bans, then they should have time to address the folks paying their bills.

>not having a galactic legend
    >paying their bills

Pick one.
  • jedilord
    338 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Jppc wrote: »
    jedilord wrote: »
    DemonR wrote: »
    No new content since 2017 ay?
    Here i was thinking GAC came out after that

yes you are right if you think a single player territory war was somehing new

It was new, we didn’t have that until. So it was new, and it brought the 3x3, new store, portraits, titles, etc.

i understand your point of view... someone also could say hey there is a new bug, and yes of course... this will also be something new... someone else can say hey there are new token, even the picture when we start the game^^

but some tiny pictures, some text beyond my nickname (titles) a lineup like shipbattles (3x3) is nothing new for my point of view...
    if i would add some text to my homepage (titels) and add some more pictures (portraits) or redesign my navigation frame from 5 to 3 links (3x3) (yes i know it's a bad comparison, but I can't think of anything else) i wouldn´t claim that i have new content

back to the game (3x3, protraits, titles, store etc.)
    it is maybe not boring but it`s not new... we are playing a game, new gamecontent is something like a podrace, or a flight with wedges x-wing through the deathstar, or a battle against vaders superstardestroyer executor with a group of players at the same time gladly across guilds, things like that

even if we mix something old together, like raid and teritorry battle (T1: deathstar, T2: 2x24h battle on hoth, T3: 2x24h battle on endor, T4: deathstar2) wouldn`t be new, but at least it would bring some short-term fun into the game, certainly not some tiny pictures or some text beyond my nickname

even the single player teritorry war brought some fun into the game, and i bet it´s the only reason for many player to game on^^
  • Options
    Well, fact is we have another day of no nothing!
    Nothing to do in the game
    No Event
    No Road Ahead
    No communication whatsoever concerning the „Ahnaldgate“

At least the App rating is dropping as more and more 1 Star ratings are popping up! (Keep it up, guys!)
    I really hope spending is dropping in the same way, maybe this will make them move finally!
  • Banjo
    40 posts Member
    Options
    Lol we’re still building new whatever to enable more content...that should have been done 3 years ago...
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    6 months and counting
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I'm not sure if that is true.
    Othorion wrote: »
    Well, fact is we have another day of no nothing!
    Nothing to do in the game
    No Event
    No Road Ahead
    No communication whatsoever concerning the „Ahnaldgate“

At least the App rating is dropping as more and more 1 Star ratings are popping up! (Keep it up, guys!)
    I really hope spending is dropping in the same way, maybe this will make them move finally!

I'm sure hope that is true. Or if EA sees it, as CG doesn't care
  • Options
    Othorion wrote: »

Why do you want to kill the game? What good does those negative reviews do for us? Nothing. Nothing at all. All it does is help push away potential new players and hurt the game overall. I like this game. I want to be able to keep playing it. I'm very, very frustrated by CG right now as well, but SWGOH is a big part of my life right now and I'd rather choose to quite than see it have the plug pulled.
  • Mcamire16
    23 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    Mcamire16 wrote: »
    Any chance we'll get an update on what to expect from the game in the next couple weeks? The game is getting really stale, especially with all the content being targeted at heavy spenders. I've been playing for a few years, but I'm still months away from getting the galactic legends, so I've got little to look forward to. We're still waiting on a state of the galaxy post.. since March? It'd just be nice to hear something from the developers. If they found time to stir everyone up with these TOS bans, then they should have time to address the folks paying their bills.

>not having a galactic legend
    >paying their bills

Pick one.

You're telling me that if I haven't unlocked Galactic Legends than my purchases don't count for anything?

If everyone stopped paying their car payments do you think the car industry would survive on only the folks who buy vehicles outright?

Go stir things up elsewhere if you haven't the time to think.
  • TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Azza wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    @Kyno

If i understand what you are saying is:

1 - They are working on improving the back end to increase the rate at which they can deliver content
    2- This means that they are not currently working on new content per say and that new content is far off

Am I right?

Not that Kyno necessarily knows, but that feels like the safe assumption here. What they've been working on is the stuff that will allow them to push new content more quickly, not necessarily the content itself.

I understand that. It's just that people are expecting the June road ahead like it will finally be the sea of content they promised back in January.

The reality is probably that the base reconstruction is taking WAY more time than expected and that the june road ahead will just be another platitude with nothing new in June. If it comes on the 1st or 30th of June makes little difference. They won't be much in it...

Again, we dont know, but from everything we have heard and my speculation they probably could have released the RA last month (pure speculation) but the content would have been "way off" and the announcement would have been very lack luster.

I think they delayed it to allow it to be more of an introduction ( and to have a more firm.idea of when they would be ready) to what will be launched much closer to this RA than if it had been announced last month (I know that sounds "not smart", but I cant think of a better way to word it), but for all I know, you could be correct and they could be announcing it and it still be off in the relative distance of the normal RA announcements...... not sure, because again, they dont really share exact details, we hear little bits and pieces of things about this, and even those are vague

Disagree. MSF told us of PVP months before it actually came and people were cool with the wait and excited to know it was coming. This waiting 6 plus months with almost nothing is a horrible game plan....and then to kick the can down the road further is even worse.

You must be new here :smirk:

I understand and am just speculating,

Extremely new. So...did they offer you a real job yet?

I have a real job, they couldn't afford me.

I nominate this for flex of the month, well played.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    @Kyno

1 - They are working on improving the back end to increase the rate at which they can deliver content
    2- This means that they are not currently working on new content per say and that new content is far off

Am I right?

Not that Kyno necessarily knows, but that feels like the safe assumption here. What they've been working on is the stuff that will allow them to push new content more quickly, not necessarily the content itself.

I understand that. It's just that people are expecting the June road ahead like it will finally be the sea of content they promised back in January.

The reality is probably that the base reconstruction is taking WAY more time than expected and that the june road ahead will just be another platitude with nothing new in June. If it comes on the 1st or 30th of June makes little difference. They won't be much in it...

Again, we dont know, but from everything we have heard and my speculation they probably could have released the RA last month (pure speculation) but the content would have been "way off" and the announcement would have been very lack luster.

I think they delayed it to allow it to be more of an introduction ( and to have a more firm.idea of when they would be ready) to what will be launched much closer to this RA than if it had been announced last month (I know that sounds "not smart", but I cant think of a better way to word it), but for all I know, you could be correct and they could be announcing it and it still be off in the relative distance of the normal RA announcements...... not sure, because again, they dont really share exact details, we hear little bits and pieces of things about this, and even those are vague

Disagree. MSF told us of PVP months before it actually came and people were cool with the wait and excited to know it was coming. This waiting 6 plus months with almost nothing is a horrible game plan....and then to kick the can down the road further is even worse.

You must be new here :smirk:

I understand and am just speculating,

Extremely new. So...did they offer you a real job yet?

I have a real job, they couldn't afford me.

I nominate this for flex of the month, well played.

Pretty sure SOAP holds the repeat record on any "Flex" title.
  • Options
    I really just want endgame. Please release Jedi Luke and New Vader and close it down.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    @Kyno

Am I right?

lol msf pvp is hot garbage and no one plays it. I'm ok with waiting the rest of june if needed for the RA
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Banjo
    40 posts Member
    Options
    Cool just in time for everyone to be fed up with almost every aspect of the game, idk I feel like we need so much more done before more galactic legend stuff...hopefully eyes and ears are on this stuff cause I would like to stick around and actually play him. Scary times these days and our game shouldn’t be adding to everyone’s stress it should be a place to have fun.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Banjo wrote: »
    Cool just in time for everyone to be fed up with almost every aspect of the game, idk I feel like we need so much more done before more galactic legend stuff...hopefully eyes and ears are on this stuff cause I would like to stick around and actually play him. Scary times these days and our game shouldn’t be adding to everyone’s stress it should be a place to have fun.

no one said it would be a GL iirc, we don't know yet. If anyone is stressed by the game I would suggest they relax
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Banjo wrote: »

no one said it would be a GL iirc, we don't know yet. If anyone is stressed by the game I would suggest they relax

We don’t know if it will be GL, HJ, etc or a new type of event (more reqs) but we know it will be VERY P2P. They will monetize more than ever before.

you know this game is free right? you can get every single thing, for free.
  • DemonR
    68 posts Member
    Options
    jedilord wrote: »
    DemonR wrote: »
    No new content since 2017 ay?
    Here i was thinking GAC came out after that

yes you are right if you think a single player territory war was somehing new

Sick.
    Yes i do.
  • VaderB1
    146 posts Member
    Options
    Sorry, I’ll try to make this post alive until we get the RA. It’s almost half of jun, they can male a puzzle (I am glad that they did) about jedi knight luke but can’t say anything abou RA?

Yes because there really isn't anything to say about it.

Its character development for sale 24/7 at EA until sales start to drop.
  • Options
    If they did a blanket-wipe of all accounts that have shared that would solve many of CG's complainer-problem. I've seen this happen before. "Oh, all you bot-users that have made awesome accounts feel self-entitled? Delete-hammer!"

Now the proportion of newer accounts shoot up with less complaining about content. They start using bots. Employ seasonal ban-hammer.

• TrevorPhillphs
    108 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    SO despite the Road Ahead which should've been released a month or two ago, we get this new paywall event which most the community cannot access which was announced LAST FRIDAY before it. So much for the "Content which affects the wider player base" when the only update the last month will affect those willing to gear several useless toons to relic 3.

Oh and gotta love the new update in the dev announcement, where literally nothing is mentioned except the introduction of new packs. This isn't the content 95% of the community are looking for, can you please actually give content to help reduce the paywall i.e updated challenges
  • Options
    Supposedly done Friday and supposed to be released today. Where is it? We need to see it after this packs only update for the latest paywalled character we have a week to get ready for. #content.
  • Options
    That's the road ahed buddy, pacts for miles.. Or maybe the misspeld road ahead to jurney continues
  • botabu
    246 posts Member
    Options
    I think it is cute people still think they actually have a road ahead.