Why go for Rey

Replies

• Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    I have both GLs. I have the 2nd fastest Rey in the game. I use the meta team. Rey is MUCH weaker then kilo. In fact, there is really no reason to even farm Rey. Beating Kilo with Rey is an RNG fest, hoping you time your ult for the brief momment kilo can even take damage.

Anyone who tells you the two are equal in arena is just lying, or doesn't climb with Rey.

But how much Kilo is he?
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Correction, fives nerf now in place, bottom line DO NOT FARM REY. Vader is a better SLKR counter right now.
  • Rafini
    299 posts Member
    Options
    what’s the nerf like now? is kylo impossible with rey totally again?
  • Options
    Rafini wrote: »

They nerfed fives with the update, that counter is toast.
  • Rafini
    299 posts Member
    Options
    no i saw that. my question is what did the nerf do actually. does kylo act like he doesn’t care about fives now or does he just do his ultimate when it fills up.. his aoe? what’s the actual change
  • TVF
    36630 posts Member
    Options

Kylo was not even close to impossible using something other than Fives on your Rey team.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    SLK ignores Fives Sacrifice now and just does ultimate immediately.......it's just getting rediculous now. Rey is so doomed
  • TVF
    36630 posts Member
    Options
    SLK ignores Fives Sacrifice now and just does ultimate immediately.......it's just getting rediculous now. Rey is so doomed

I used this myself for a short while, but no one can seriously think that SLKR AI should have been not activating the ult.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    no i saw that. my question is what did the nerf do actually. does kylo act like he doesn’t care about fives now or does he just do his ultimate when it fills up.. his aoe? what’s the actual change

Kylo will now use specials as 'normal' and will not restrain himself just because Fives is there. So he'll aoe and use his ultimate freely.

Kinda sad as I finally unlocked Rey today and managed to climb to 1 (using Fives cheese to beat ult SLKR) but on the other hand this was a bit of a silly scenario and to be fair if I had SLKR I'd be asking for it to be patched, too.

That said it just adds more fuel to the fire that Rey needs some love.
  • Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    I have both GLs. I have the 2nd fastest Rey in the game. I use the meta team. Rey is MUCH weaker then kilo. In fact, there is really no reason to even farm Rey. Beating Kilo with Rey is an RNG fest, hoping you time your ult for the brief momment kilo can even take damage.

Anyone who tells you the two are equal in arena is just lying, or doesn't climb with Rey.

But how much Kilo is he?

I'd say about 100.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2939 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Kylo was not even close to impossible using something other than Fives on your Rey team.

Please share your SLKR counter...seriously.
  • Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

There are a bunch of posts on this thread showing how to beat Kylo without 5s on the Rey team, include a four person resistance only team. There's Rey titans (with either HY or GMY). There's DR+Thrawn. There's Vader.
  • Rafini
    299 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Yeah TVF what counter do you use? [Removed - CM]
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • Rafini
    299 posts Member
    Options

There are a bunch of posts on this thread showing how to beat Kylo without 5s on the Rey team, include a four person resistance only team. There's Rey titans (with either HY or GMY). There's DR+Thrawn. There's Vader.

REY COUNTERS
  • str2019
    64 posts Member
    Options
    I used this myself for a short while, but no one can seriously think that SLKR AI should have been not activating the ult.

Now tell us why Rey keeps wasting her whirl on invulnerable targets. If Kylo got an AI fix, why did not Rey get one as well?
  • Options
    @Slaveen
    Tenacity on Rey for 2 reasons:
    • -That cross has a 28 speed secondary, ha
    • -Tenacity prevents the Vader counter... Vader does massive damage based on how many debuffs are stacked on the toon he throws his saber at, so if you can resist the debuffs, Vader can’t 1 shot you

You had me at +28 speed.
  • Options
    They both suck. Galactic Legends killed this game!
    Again? I think this the 89th time just in the last two years.

Little known fact: SWGOH's faction tag is NightSisters.

• Options
    @taquillasun
    Instead we have to use a gimped out FO team just to put Hux zeta in play which becomes oh so needed against Rey teams... You don't have a full FO team and so you don't know how gimped it can be against super teams like Rey.

The best line up is FO? not even close.

Wait, what?

Google translate, can you help me with some Taquillasun to English?
    A full FO team is not even close to the best lineup. It is simply the only lineup you can use if you want to give yourself the best chance to win.

Ah.... Okay. That's still kind of confusing. How can something not be the best lineup if it's the lineup that wins most often? Hey Google? Can you maybe find a dictionary of TaquillaSun to English?
    Best lineup: n. A phrase meaning whatever it needs to mean in the moment for TaquillaSun to win an argument.

Oh, now I get it.
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    Options

Preach.
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    Options

I agree you on this point, but no one can seriously think that SLKR should be in his ultimate stance, immune to all damage for 80% of a battle, hoping you can align your ultimate to one of the small moments he’s available for damage... oh and btw, hope you’ve removed his protection if you get that small moment to align because it not, the chances of you getting it to align a second time are nil.
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    str2019 wrote: »

Now tell us why Rey keeps wasting her whirl on invulnerable targets. If Kylo got an AI fix, why did not Rey get one as well?

Great point. Ashamed I didn’t think of this myself.

If this doesn’t prove to Rey owners that CG doesn’t care about your investment, I don’t know what will at this point.

If you fit into the category I just described, if you were wrongfully imprisoned, you’d love your captors for feeding you maggot bread.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Correction, fives nerf now in place, bottom line DO NOT FARM REY. Vader is a better SLKR counter right now.

The Rey counter w/Rey, JKA, and 3 g12 characters (Hoda, 3po and Wat) still works - but the SLKR AI got it's second "fix" and a straight up buff. CG just being CG. :D

Maybe CG will someday fix her "stay in ultimate stance" bug - or her "WW attack on invulnerable target" AI...but probably not.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    @CG you’re a joke, gents. I really want you to redeem yourselves by addressing Rey’s issues like targeting invulnerable targets with WW (to name one of MANY) to prove to me that you care about Star Wars gaming and your player base.

My love of Star Wars and strategy is the only thing keeping me around at this point. But even that ice is thinning as each day passes.

Perception is reality. And right now the perception is that you’ll trick your customers and manipulate the game to sucker people into giving you more of the thing you love the most. No need to state what it is. You know. We all know.
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    Options

It involves JKL (i assume rey, gas, jkl, jkr, gk) which is why he isn't fussed with rey getting a buff
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    Options
    Did I already say Rey is crap ?

Well just in case i will say it

REY IS CRAAAAAP

Dont listen to god kylo users, they are just a bunch of lyers.

Please @CG can you change Kylo kit ? His ulti6 shouldn t get that name, it shoud be its basic attack as he can activate it every 2 turns
  • Starslayer
    2419 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    But I still wish GL Resistance could beat GL First Order with certainty

I was on the same quest. Since I changed my modding (thx to the various videos posted/advice given on this thread) to achieve better survivability for Rey's friends (Prot on Triangle and Cross), I'm 4-0 against the same GL FO teams that I couldn't beat before with the same comp. So far, it seems consistent. The key is them to survive just enough so the damage immunity kicks in. Basically you whirlwind opposition one by one and time your ultimate when there is only Kylo left. It'd be low banners in GA, but it gets the job done ;)

I use RHs+Holdo+Finn, but I'd try to sub Finn out in order to keep him for another Res team.

@Gamorrean I just tried with Rose instead of Finn and it worked the same; maybe even better because she can stun someone before falling to protect those she loves. 5-0 and counting ! If I keep winning with this comp, I'll try to sub out the RHs. Maybe any Res dude than can take a hit will do the trick, saving RHs for another good Res team.

Edit: I didn't pull it off with a subpar crew... yet ^^

Well, 5-3 now with the RHs. Not sure to understand what was different. Didn't want to bore you all with that (too late, I guess), but wanted to share that even if it seemed so, it didn't work as well as I hoped. Yet. The testing goes on. I'll post when (if ?) I'll finally find something consistent.

Edit: I just realized it's a lot harder if Rey goes before Kylo. Kylo going first, you can open with a whirlwind instead of Lifeblood, and it's actually quite fine. I won each time Kylo started the fight. Maybe it's a coincidence though, time (and test) will tell.
    Post edited by Starslayer on
  • Options
    For good, I think it would be fair if EA / CG returned all the resources spent on Rey and 12 resistance characters. So we spent a lot of time and nerves pumping Rey. After yesterday’s update, Rey can be killed in the game, now even in the arena it doesn’t make much competition for Kylo. Please reset the resistance on the account and return the spent resources).
  • Options
    After correcting Kylo, ​​the game so gave a constant negative on the fact that we (those who followed the path of Rey) were simply mocked and deceived. So from yesterday it was also reinforced. The game now gives one negative.
  • Options
    Divorce from EA. Make yourself a Ray legend. Waste a ton of time, resources and effort. To not be able to even fight in the arena 😁. They did not know how to remove resources in the game and worsen their Account, Rey and resistance will help you).
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    Options
    Get this - a Rey WW doesn’t even take a quarter of the ATSTs health in Endor Escalation.

Meanwhile, SLKR is solo’ing HSTR.

What a joke. “Galactic Legend Rey.” Her counterpart is literally immune to damage for 80% of PvP battles, 1 shots R7 toons with lifeblood regularly, solos the highest rewarding PvE event in the game, doesn’t destroy 4 of your other teams to make him feasible... I could go on and on.

Now has perfectly tuned AI while Rey is still whirlwinding toons with damage immunity.

Rey users, you’ve been duped. If you don’t realize that, you’re just a simp.