[MEGATHREAD] The SWGoH Community Team is Growing

Replies

• Welcome and good luck :smile:
  • Clefspeare wrote: »
    So what's the story behind the profile picture CG_Doja_Fett? Gives me a Cantina vibe but not sure.

Oh, you know, some Mando hired me to be his body guard...Just another day at the office.
  • Well, if you're serious about it, then make a post like this on reddit and join many of the discord servers that the community have.
    Then and only then, you'll have the community on your side, I guess.
  • Well, if you're serious about it, then make a post like this on reddit and join many of the discord servers that the community have.

Baby steps...
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.

Very true, so much of this community is in discords, ever since I first searched discord for a better guild about a year ago I've been surprised how massive this community is.
  • Honestly Discord is where most of the just standard talking is. Reddit is typically mostly either a firestorm of complaints, weird bugs, or "features". That's kinda just a reddit thing. Here on the forums is mostly actual bug reports and discussions, puzzles, and again complaints. If people don't have complaints they generally don't bother the devs...so that leaves Discord as the place where most of the talking actually occurs.
    superawesomepi#1512 | My Youtube | swgoh.gg
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Clefspeare wrote: »
    Well, if you're serious about it, then make a post like this on reddit and join many of the discord servers that the community have.

Very true, so much of this community is in discords, ever since I first searched discord for a better guild about a year ago I've been surprised how massive this community is.

They talked about having a public discord for communication like other mobile game but Crumb had too much on the plate updating the dev tracker

Maybe they’ll revisit this idea
  • Toyoda
    28 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Discord is massive for this community. There are hundreds of servers. Some dedicated specifically to factions in the game, others for content creators, still others to guild clusters and guilds, along with many other kinds of servers. A lot of communication between members of the community happens there, more so than on other platforms imo. A community Discord server would go a long way for community engagement.
    Toyoda#3486
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Toyoda wrote: »
    Discord is massive for this community. There are hundreds of servers. Some dedicated specifically to factions in the game, others for content creators, still others to guild clusters and guilds, along with many other kinds of servers. A lot of communication between members of the community happens there, more so than on other platforms imo. A community Discord server would go a long way for community engagement.

If Toyota is in that server as a moderator, you need to leave that server asap
  • Welcome to the team! I hope you are able to do more interaction with content creators as part of your new role, would be awesome to see collaboration on that front!
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    What about crumb? Is he staying at CG?
    I'm not dead yet! My role is not changing and Doja's coming in to bring some additional firepower

source.gif
  • Does this mean we can finally have another Q&A?
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Well, if you're serious about it, then make a post like this on reddit and join many of the discord servers that the community have.

They talked about having a public discord for communication like other mobile game but Crumb had too much on the plate updating the dev tracker

:snicker: Well-played...
  • I'm elated to hear that CG is committing to better communication with it's player base. Honestly, I've been disheartened by the game for almost a year now but the amazing community is what's kept me here. Welcome to our community Doja! Let's work together: devs, content creators & we, the players to help move past hurts & focus on moving forward. Congratulations! This is where the fun begins. :p
  • INDIANJONES
    27 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    I'm not dead yet! My role is not changing and Doja's coming in to bring some additional firepower

prs1fdzqnp10.jpg

• Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    i've decided to retire from the forums once i get more likes than crumb so i'm glad he's still around and posting
  • Ultra wrote: »

Discord is something we are considering, for sure.

• Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »

Discord is something we are considering, for sure.
    ok but it has to be a server run by me
  • Maybe now we'll get to se see some official light on the largest thread on the forums.
    Current standings: cheating okay if you regularly pay.
  • Congrats on the new role. As your first official act please let the developers know we are looking forward to GL Jabba. Thanks.
    Ally Code 285-115-111
  • I love Ultra
  • This is such great news. I am so glad there will finally be someone at CG whose job is to manage the community.
  • Been playing since almost the start huh? Lets see that swgoh gg @CG_Doja_Fett
  • Welcome aboard Doja! Glad to have you on the team and hope to hear from you on a regular basis. Now I have to get back to working on my GL Luke tickets.
    MTFBWY
  • Canada Canada Canada!!! Nice to see a Canuck 😄
  • WiseJedi
    217 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Welcome to this great community. I wish you the best for your new position within CG, good luck, lot of joy and I'm looking forward reading some interest posting.

Nice. You are a fan of doja cat?

I've read your text with a lot of joy and understanding. I smiled when I read your text regarding our "first Love" for our lovely princess Leia. RIP CF. You are still our princess.

@CG_Doja_Fett I'm sending many greetings from Germany and hope to hear soon about any new things.
  • WiseJedi wrote: »
    Welcome to this great community. I wish you the best for your new position within CG, good luck, lot of joy and I'm looking forward reading some interest posting.

Nice. You are a fan of doja cat?

I've read your text with a lot of joy and understanding. I smiled when I read your text regarding our "first Love" for our lovely princess Leia. RIP CF. You are still our princess.

@CG_Doja_Fett I'm sending many greetings from Germany and hope to hear soon about any new things.

Hallo und dankeschön

I'm a fan of Doja's music and her insta stories are usually pretty funny.