Event tickets are awful

Replies

• Options
    TVF wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Should have SEE unlocked just now but Luke glitched and went three times in a row and beat Palp. :|
    Too bad, so sad,.come back tomorrow!
    - CG

Tomorrow? You mean in two days.

refresh harder

Pass
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Jppc wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Jppc wrote: »
    I can’t understand why they implemented the ticket system. It doesn’t make sense to me

It seems to be a pacing step added in to make the GL process longer.

But it doesn’t make it really longer. Yeah, delay it for 4 weeks (?), one month isn’t so long. They could just launch the GL one month later and don’t put tickets in it

It lengthens the time from release to saturation point. It elongates the time, shifting the beginning point doesnt do that.

Unless you hoard energy. I can't understand why this game keeps catering to that. It's not a fun way to play the game for the vast majority of people.

You know why

Whales were buying every energy pack CG throws at them, and the players aren’t farming for resources each day, so they need to spend for more resources

It’s a win-win

I have a hard time believing they make more money that way than capping energy and then selling energy packs/refreshes after the event starts.
  • Options
    Should have SEE unlocked just now but Luke glitched and went three times in a row and beat Palp. :|
    - CG

refresh harder
    refresh more-er surely? ;)
  • Options
    Whatever scenario we, or they, come up with, as long as you sim 9 battles, on a 9-C nod, and end up with 1 currency, we will perceive this as an unfair and **** investment.

That goes for gear as well.

At the end of the day, how most of the players PERCEIVE the outcome of his/her investment, Should be what CG should focus on fixing. Personally, when I end up with 1 currency drop on 9 sims on a high nods, there is a problem. Especially when we all invested so much in unlocking those GLs.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    - CG

refresh harder
    refresh more-er surely? ;)

Come on you're not new here.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Heshtron wrote: »
    Whatever scenario we, or they, come up with, as long as you sim 9 battles, on a 9-C nod, and end up with 1 currency, we will perceive this as an unfair and **** investment.

At the end of the day, how most of the players PERCEIVE the outcome of his/her investment, Should be what CG should focus on fixing. Personally, when I end up with 1 currency drop on 9 sims on a high nods, there is a problem. Especially when we all invested so much in unlocking those GLs.

gear is mostly 20% drop rate, i see plenty of 1/9.

even on a 10 node i never see a 1/9 for event tickets, which will be a 50% drop rate

are you doing 6 nodes?
  • Heshtron
    20 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options

even on a 10 node i never see a 1/9 for event tickets, which will be a 50% drop rate

are you doing 6 nodes?

Hey buddy,

It was DS 9-C
    Simed 3 Rewarded 0
    Simed 3 Rewarded 0
    Simed 3, Rewarded 1

Just an example of a very familiar daily scenario.

To me, there is no fair return in investment, and discourages players to try reaching the end game content. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll keep siming it until I unlock the UA, as I put way to much into it already.

But I disagree with such a deceptive practice, and wanted to voice it for those who are grinding their way up there.
  • Options

Just lost again. So funny I dont lose a single time until it is the last one to unlock SEE. :D
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    If tickets are only consumed if you win it allows them to make the events rng dependent, which I hate.

How about instead they allow you to practice the event so you can figure out a strategy, then go in and put your tickets on the line.

Also, increase the ticket cost and rewards so we don't have to run it so many times.

Several guild mates have stated that tier 3 of the JML event is already RNG dependent.

I would disagree. It's only RNG dependent if you don't know the correct modding/strategy, which is why I proposed being able to run the event for free until you feel comfortable putting your tickets on the line. Mod Luke for 100% crit chance so there is no crit RNG and follow the correct attack sequence and it's going to be a win every time.
  • Options
    If tickets are only consumed if you win it allows them to make the events rng dependent, which I hate.

How about instead they allow you to practice the event so you can figure out a strategy, then go in and put your tickets on the line.

Also, increase the ticket cost and rewards so we don't have to run it so many times.

Several guild mates have stated that tier 3 of the JML event is already RNG dependent.

I would disagree. It's only RNG dependent if you don't know the correct modding/strategy, which is why I proposed being able to run the event for free until you feel comfortable putting your tickets on the line. Mod Luke for 100% crit chance so there is no crit RNG and follow the correct attack sequence and it's going to be a win every time.

How is it not RNG? If you get AB'ed to death, how are you supposed to prevent that?
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

are you doing 6 nodes?

Hey buddy,

It was DS 9-C
    Simed 3 Rewarded 0
    Simed 3 Rewarded 0
    Simed 3, Rewarded 1

Just an example of a very familiar daily scenario.

To me, there is no fair return in investment, and discourages players to try reaching the end game content. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll keep siming it until I unlock the UA, as I put way to much into it already.

But I disagree with such a deceptive practice, and wanted to voice it for those who are grinding their way up there.

The odds of going 1/9 on a 50% chance per sim are extremely low. You are either extremely unlucky or not being honest. Shrug. Do more sims, track all of them, and then let us know how close you get to 5% per energy over the entirety of your farm.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

How is it not RNG? If you get AB'ed to death, how are you supposed to prevent that?

I don't remember for absolute certain but feel like Vader was pretty slow and you could take a second turn with AB having worn off. Plus using heroes arise at the right time. I never was blocked at the wrong time.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options

I don't remember for absolute certain but feel like Vader was pretty slow and you could take a second turn with AB having worn off. Plus using heroes arise at the right time. I never was blocked at the wrong time.

Well, I wasn't either. I cleared it all 3 times without fail and without moving mods. But all the complaints I saw were that people got AB-chained and then died. It's not like you can mod for tenacity to stop that AB, so I guess it depends on Vader's actual speed. If people leave JKL modded for TB and Vader is faster than 112, you're just going to be the same speed if you don't get any counters.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    If people leave JKL modded for TB they deserve to lose.

And why wouldn't you get any counters?
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options

You only counter if you have Jedi's Will. If you get AB'ed enough that you can't do the middle special, you will never counter.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

You only counter if you have Jedi's Will. If you get AB'ed enough that you can't do the middle special, you will never counter.

Again it was only three battles but i never had this problem once. Could have been luck, but speed and the order you use the specials should also matter.
  • aibeira
    18 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Just to chime in here... I lost tier of JML once due to the aforementioned "AB chain". 1/4 times. It was terrible - lost 60 tickets. Quite high frustration level. I had watched a few videos on the strategy, and moved mods. I realize you all have almost no reason to believe me, but I did everything I could from the videos and mods and still got RNG bad enough to completely screw the run.

I'll make it through the ultimate eventually, but I have to agree - the even ticket system pretty much sucks.
  • Options
    I won my first SLKR T3 attempt yesterday but even having done the research, there was still a pucker factor because I was risking a whole day's worth of tickets. And the next tier costs even more. :(

Kinda sad that I am having way more fun free-playing the tiers I have already completed than playing the event for real.
  • Options
    Is it only a day's worth of tickets? Unless you buy refreshes, it's more like 3-4 days worth of tickets. For either tier 3 or tiers 4-6... Pretty terrible.
  • Options
    aibeira wrote: »
    Is it only a day's worth of tickets? Unless you buy refreshes, it's more like 3-4 days worth of tickets. For either tier 3 or tiers 4-6... Pretty terrible.
    Fair enough. I am directing the bulk of my crystal income to this and even with 6 energy refreshes it is still a day's worth of tickets.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    even with 6 energy refreshes it is still a day's worth of tickets.

It no longer matters which node you use, by the way. Tickets now accumulate like Chase shards. It's a drop rate per energy spent, not per node like it used to be.
  • Options
    even with 6 energy refreshes it is still a day's worth of tickets.

It no longer matters which node you use, by the way. Tickets now accumulate like Chase shards. It's a drop rate per energy spent, not per node like it used to be.
    Yep, I know and I am thankful for that.

The high ticket cost per attempt and risk of loss from failure still detracts from the fun of the event though, especially after months of grind just to assemble the prerequisites.

I didn't mind the 15 tickets per attempt for tier 1 and even 30 for tier 2 wasn't too terrible but 60+ is a bit much.
  • Options
    Even 6 energy refreshes in a day - 3x 50 crystals and 3x 100 crystals - it still only nets you 54 tickets. Assuming you get 1 ticket for every 20-energy sim.

(6*120)+135+240=1095 energy per day, 20 energy per sim = 54.75 sims

You'd have to do another 3x refresh - 3x200 crystals to get you another 360 energy, to run 16-18 more sims to get 16-18 more tickets. So, for one day's farming to get you 70 tickets... you would have to spend 1050 crystals.

Additionally, given that you would need 70 sims of 20-cost nodes, which would be 14 hard nodes (at 5 sims per day) with 20-energy cost. There's only 12 light side nodes like that, so you would have to spend 25 crystals twice to refresh two of those nodes once.

So, that's 1100 crystals in order to get 70 tickets in one day.

I suppose that all changes if you get better drop rate than expected on the lower cost nodes. I've once or twice gotten 5/5 sims on 16-energy cost nodes. Of course, just as many times (I'm sure), I got 3/5, so...

Losing that much in tickets hurts a lot, even if you do not try doing it all in one day. If you do try in one day, and use 1100 crystals to do it and lose the 70 tickets...
  • Options

Just lost again. So funny I dont lose a single time until it is the last one to unlock SEE. :D

Finally did it. Funny how it wasnt even close this time. :| Time to get the UA.
  • Options
    Additionally, given that you would need 70 sims of 20-cost nodes, which would be 14 hard nodes (at 5 sims per day) with 20-energy cost. There's only 12 light side nodes like that, so you would have to spend 25 crystals twice to refresh two of those nodes once.

Logic fault: you don't need to do 20-energy nodes, so there's no need to refresh any node. (Many people might, if they're farming something, but it's not part of the minimum cost calculation at all.)

Run out of sims on the 20-energy hard nodes you feel like doing? Just go sim some 16- or 12-energy nodes, or even some easy nodes, and you'll actually get MORE shards per point of energy.

Why? (Math...)
    Because the drop rate is effectively 1-in-18 per point of energy (started off 1/3, then they scaled that up assuming by keeping 1/3 for cheapest easy nodes using a constant per-energy chance. Since the cheapest easy nodes were 6 energy, then the chance per point of energy was 1/3 divided by 6, or 1/18).

But get this: 20 energy means a chance of 20/18. That's not 100%, that's more than 100%. But do you get a chance at 2 tickets on a single sim? Not from what anyone can tell. So to the best that anyone can tell, 2/18ths or 1/9th (either of which equals 11.1%) of the ticket chance you purchased on a 20-energy node goes wasted.

On a 16-energy node, you have a 16/18 chance of a ticket (or 8/9 or 88.888888889%).

So you divide the number of tickets desired (which is 70) by the chance per sim (which is 8/9). Of course dividing by 8/9 is the same as multiplying by 9/8.

So to get your tickets you need roughly (9*70)/8 = 630/8 = 78.75

Then you multiple that number by 16 energy (the cost per sim) to find out how much total energy is needed. It's easier if we don't take the final reduced answer from above, but start with the fraction 630/8, because then we get

Total Energy = 16 * 630/8 = 16/8 * 630 (because of multiplicative transitivity) = 2 * 630 = 1260.

So that's the energy we should expect to spend per day to get 70 tickets.

Blah, blah:
    You can do the math for yourself, but it will come out the same for all other nodes except 20-energy nodes, which wasted 11.1% of their ticket chance because of the rule you cannot get more than a single ticket from a single sim.

So as long as you spend your 1260 energy on any combination of nodes other than 20-energy nodes, you should still expect 70 tickets (i.e. lower energy nodes will have a lower chance of producing a ticket on a single sim, but you'll get more attempts).

So how many energy refreshes will we need per day to get 70 tickets/day?
    We get 375 energy free per day (240 accrued + 45 + 45 + 45 = 240 + 135 = 375)

1260 - 375 = 885 is left over that we have to purchase each day.

6 refreshes = 720 energy ... oops, not enough
    720 + 1 more refresh = 840

The amount leftover is 45 or 9/24ths of a refresh, AKA 3/8ths

So you'll need, on average, all your 50-energy refreshes, all your 100s, and 1x 200 energy refresh every day. (this is 650 crystals/day)

On top of that, you will need a further 200 energy refresh 3 times every 8 days.

And how many crystals per day will that be?
    Well, there's the first 7 refreshes we need every day.
    The cost of that 7 totals 3x50 + 3x100 + 200 = 150 + 300 + 200 = 150 + 500 = 650

Then there's the refresh we need 3 times every 8 days. Averaging the cost out over each day equally, you take (3/8) * 200 = (3*200)/8 = 600/8 = 75

650 (every day) + 75 (average) = 725

725 crystals (average) per day

Is this expensive? Sure. But it's a lot less than 1100 crystals per day that you were quoting before. Me personally I would never spend on the 200-crystal refreshes.

Of course that would mean that I'd have only 375 + 720 energy to spend each day, or 1095 total.

And thus it would take me more days to finish, by a factor of 1260/1095.

So what does that mean?
    If we're just talking about the 12 days for t4, t5, and 10x t6 (those are the only ones that cost 70 and that seemed to be the center of the dispute), you'll save 275 * 12 days = 3300 crystals, but the time it takes you to finish = 13.81 days instead of 12.

Thinking logically, this means we wouldn't actually have had to spend 208 energy on that final day. If we've had good RNG, that means saving another 200 crystals. Average RNG means saving 100 crystals and finishing 8.8 hours early. Bad RNG means saving exactly 3300 crystals total, no extra.

To sum up, it means we save 3300-3500 crystals and finish approximately 2 days later than we would have otherwise. (14 days instead of 12)

Can you earn those 3300+ crystals over 2 days of improved Arena results? Nope.

Max payout = 500 and if you've already got a GL & are just playing for the ultimate, you're not finishing worse than 200th place, and you're almost certainly finishing in the top 100, so let's just use that.
    Top 100 = 100 crystals. #1 = 500 crystals, so best possible improvement = 400 crystals per day.

So for worst (reasonable) case in current arena results with your non-ultimate GL, and best case after ultimate, you're still worse off by 2500 - 2700 crystals. If you lose and have to repeat a day, pouring the extra 275 crystals per day into your effort to net you 1 attempt per day actually slowly begins to look better as a strategy. You reduce your disadvantage by 125 crystals every 6 & 2/3rds attempts. So your breakeven point = (2500/125) * 6.667 = 20 * 6.667 = 133.334 failed attempts.

So with no losses, you're worse off by 2500-2700 crystals (minimum, with maximum if your arena rank doesn't improve at all with ultimate = 3300 - 3500 crystals), and you have to fail at least 133 times before hitting 12 successes before maximizing ticket production to ensure 1 attempt per day becomes a break-even strategy.
    That number, by the way gets higher & higher the lower the difference between your pre-ultimate Arena rank & post-ultimate Arena rank. If you're already getting top 50, you would need 222 failures for your 1 attempt-per-day strategy to break even. If you're already getting top 20 before ultimate, you would need 667 failures on the T6 Ultimate battle to break even ... and that's assuming that for all those extra days it takes to earn 679 attempts on only 1085 energy per day (the difference being 101 days) you take 1st every single time. No vacations, no off-days where you fail. And definitely no spending crystals on your Arena climb. For 101 days in a row.

Good luck!

I hated the event, and either had bad RNG or was a very poor player, and I only failed 6 times before hitting my 12 successes. If you think you're 22 times worse than me at this game, then maybe the 200 crystal refreshes make sense. But if you're not, you definitely shouldn't spend on those 200 crystal refreshes because you think it's going to pay off by getting you increased rewards sooner.

If you want to do it for reasons of fun, or because you lost a bet, or because the elves that live in your garden told you to, that's fine. It's a game, do whatever makes you happy. But if you're doing it because you think it's going to pay off for you in-game, the math says otherwise.

• TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    What
  • Options
    What
    Elves apparently.
  • Options
    What
    Elves apparently.

I thought elves that live in your garden are gnomes?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*