The Pit Challenge Tier & Relic 8 [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    For people struggling to complete whatever your next Tier is with an all-Empire squad...

The feat requires a squad of FIVE empire toons. But since you summon one empire toon, YOUR toons just need to be 4 Empire + 1 other (empire or not).

I used Malak as my 5th. Easy peasy.
  • Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Bl4ckDe4th wrote: »

Just to be clear, at no point did I say it was good or what they should have done.

The post I am replying to stated it was a bug. And it was supposed to be one way and they made it the other.

My reply is accurate from the discussions we have had with the team.
    No you do need to be on at the same time, yes it is a benefit to coordinate, but no it is not 100% necessary.

Like I said before, I was mainly referring to the last sentence in the paragraph I quoted, so this exact sentence in the second quote here. This is just wrong as it doesn't apply for everyone.

Not everyone is ready for end game content.

If your guild needs to have everyone attack while at 100% health in each phase to beat the raid, maybe that guild isn't quite at the end game state they need to be.
    Or maybe it sounded like a good idea when someone threw it at the whiteboard during a design meeting but nobody actually tried to do it with a real multi-timezone guild before release.

This is a fundamental cooperative multiplayer game design question: how many real live players can you realistically expect to be online to work together at the same time given a globally distributed player base?

Well we were going to do our p1 run at 7PM tonight. It's been postponed until tomorrow because we couldn't get enough people in. So it isn't working great.
  • Options
    Noted some of possible bugs being reported earlier and sent them to the appropriate person without realizing they are out sick today. So, as a backup plan, I sent to our general QA dept.

Hopefully we'll get some clarification soon. Might be next week, tho given our resident expert on bugs for this particular raid is out.

Any word on banning cheaters? There are 13 guilds who have finished it with 0-4 GLs on their entire roster and ranging from 9M to 150M GP. This isn't possible and presents an unfair situation for players who are attempting to beat it legitimately.
    I'm not defending cheating but that is a big accusation to make. It shouldn't be made without evidence.

A cursory glance through the leaderboard and their swgoh.gg guild pages makes it obvious. There's a 9M guild that completed it. There are 12 others that have finished it with between 0-4 GLs in their guild. I've seen 7 guilds that have beaten it without a single GL on their entire roster.

It's not possible.

You have a point on the 9 mil gp guild. That sounds suspicious. But I don't think GLs are a requirement. Yes, they may do a bit more damage. But to clear a phase you need 2% per phase per person. There are a lot of non GL teams that could hit 3 or 4 %. Probably some more we don't know about. So what appears as cheating may just be a good strategy.
  • Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

The raid is 48 hours long, shouldn't be impossible to coordinate two times in two days to hit the raid

The attacks go by so quickly its like a 10 min time investment

*four times
    each of those for 50 people, maybe 25, but both isn't easy. And there're always people getting screwed. It's not like they're living all in the same time zone with every one having a 9-to-5 job

You can clear a phase in less than 5 mins, so two phases would be 10 or less
    So two 10 minute commitments

Guild events are about group coordination

Again, different time zones. It’s not the physical time itself spent in game. It’s the time zone people are in. It’s 330pm for me right now and another guildie may be 3:30 am right now. Why should they need to get up in the middle of the night? Please start getting the point

Find a guild that better aligns to your time zone, problem solved

So your solution is to blow up guilds because of poor mechs in this “new raid”? Thank god you aren’t in charge of anything.

Were you around for the launch of any of the other raids? Before you jump on it, I'm not defending this outcome, guild breaking raids are just the mainstay of this game, even happened with normal Rancy.

However, there is a big difference between you need to use you phase 1 team in a 12hr window and everyone needs to use their phase 1 team in this 15 min window.

This is a whole new beast.
  • Options
    I remember OG Rancor when we had a rule that everyone had to hit p1 in the first 2 hours, then we would start p2. Then there was 12 hours until p3 started and we could not start p3 early or else people would be using less efficient teams to run up their personal score while potentially making it impossible to complete the raid since we wouldn't have enough kitchen sink for p4. P3 had 10 hours, & then we started p4 at the same time we originally started p1. No one was allowed to use more than 2 teams in any phase.

Sure, those were rules, that was coordinated effort, but "use your p1 team starting at 6pm, nobody touch p2 until 8pm, nobody touch p3 until 8am, and nobody touch p4 until 6pm again was a heck of a lot easier than getting everyone into airplane mode at the exact same moment.

It's much harder, and the guild officers are going to have to do a lot of work that won't show up at all in the rewards they get because the officers doing that work are necessarily the ones with the best toons. They're the ones with the best people skills & planning ability.

...But of course, only damage is a "contribution" to completing the raid.

:le sigh:
  • Options

The raid is 48 hours long, shouldn't be impossible to coordinate two times in two days to hit the raid

*four times
    each of those for 50 people, maybe 25, but both isn't easy. And there're always people getting screwed. It's not like they're living all in the same time zone with every one having a 9-to-5 job

Again, different time zones. It’s not the physical time itself spent in game. It’s the time zone people are in. It’s 330pm for me right now and another guildie may be 3:30 am right now. Why should they need to get up in the middle of the night? Please start getting the point

So your solution is to blow up guilds because of poor mechs in this “new raid”? Thank god you aren’t in charge of anything.

Were you around for the launch of any of the other raids? Before you jump on it, I'm not defending this outcome, guild breaking raids are just the mainstay of this game, even happened with normal Rancy.

However, there is a big difference between you need to use you phase 1 team in a 12hr window and everyone needs to use their phase 1 team in this 15 min window.

Yeah, I hate how it's played, not having a fun time because of this drill. Though we used so few resources for p1-2, if there are no surprises in p3-4 300m+ guilds may start playing it in ffa mode. 9 reys and 8 rey/slkrs were enough to eat p1-2.
  • Options

*four times

Yeah, I hate how it's played, not having a fun time because of this drill. Though we used so few resources for p1-2, if there are no surprises in p3-4 300m+ guilds may start playing it in ffa mode. 9 reys and 8 rey/slkrs were enough to eat p1-2.

Yeah unfortunately the GL I went for thinking they were equal as they said takes 25 to complete phase 1.
  • Options

*four times

I’ve been around since day 1. This isn’t comparable to the other raids. Rancor people left because it was a big challenge at first. Same as HAAT. Both of those raids required some crafting, strategy etc. That was a personal choice but was balanced eventually.

HSTR was the same at first then was due to reward structure which was never addressed. That’s on CG.

This new raid? I don’t recall other raids forcing time zone similarities due to poor design
  • Options
    Demerzel wrote: »
    The new raid has a mechanic that everytime the boss drops bellow a 20% threshold, the raid becomes harder. [...]
    By adding this mechanic, CG is forcing 50-players to be online at the exact same time, and to post scores at the exact time [...]

The mechanic was designed exactly the way it has been implemented. @Demerzel [...]

No you do need to be on at the same time, yes it is a benefit to coordinate, but no it is not 100% necessary.

My previous comment is gone. The game doesn't seem to be the only thing here, that is bugged. Just edited it to change the paragraph sizes and my comment disappeared.
    So, here I go again...
    This may be implemented in exactly the way it was designed, but that's just awful design in the first place.
    And here's me focusing on that last sentence of the quote:
    It depends.

A guild, which can defeat the Rancor and the pigs with all of its 50 members might be able to do it with 30 members, if they coordinate their attacks so all attack at the start of each phase.
    However, a guild, which needs each and every one of their 50 members and the time coordination will not be able to make it without attacking at the start of the phase.

Furthermore this just screws over everyone, who can't attack at the right time (because they have a family to feed or aren't in the right time zone or whatever), because they'll barely be able to do half the damage with the same effort and teams.
    And I'm also very interested in the exact mechanics of this 20% thing, which obviously doesn't work how everyone would think it works. Based on my observation for the timestamps of the video posted above I'd say the speed for the second timestamp is 75% higher than for the first timestamp.

If you edit too soon after posting or too often it is sent to be reviewed and can be retrieved by sending a pm to a moderator.
  • Drim
    360 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    The raid is all ready busted. P1 teams doing 15% p2/3 teams doing 10% each. You literally only need 20 people to clear p1-3. And two teams... and CG expects guilds to tell people to save teams for P4 so it Doesn’t become the wild west because of the stupid price structure. 1 reward for all is the only way
  • Options
    With Rey and SLKR doing as well as they have been, all I'm going to say is this simple fact.
    It took me around 8-9 months to farm up Rey as a complete 100% F2P.
    It's been long enough since the original 2 GLs released that No player that's remotely in a position to care about this raid has an excuse to not own one of those 2 GLs.

It's not CG's fault people refuse to meta chase because they dislike the characters, or thought relicing Rose was too much of an investment to have one of the 2 best characters in the game that trivialized everything.

It's the playerbase's fault.
    There shouldn't be a single 50/50 guild out there right now that's complaining about not being able to clear this that doesn't have 50 GLs. But there are.
    It's not CG's fault you people ignored these farms for the greater part of a year now. That's on you, as a player.

And if you can't get a whole 7-10 people online at a time to clear P1 or P2, that's also entirely on you as a guild.
    This raid doesn't require 50/50 people online and ready to go at the same time. It requires 7-10, 10, 10-15, then "anyone that still has a good team left" and "throw your roster at it"

If MMO guilds can get 30-150 people together at the same time for 2-6 hour events, it really shouldn't be hard for a decently serious guild to find an hour where 7 people can all be on at the same time to click 2 buttons.
    Because you don't even have to do the runs at the same time, you have to post them. Have people do runs and post their %s, then wait there afk until those %s equal up to 100%, then ask everyone to finish their runs.
    My guild's not even "that serious" and we usually accomplish that every time we do HSTR just by coincidence.

Other than the reward structure, I'm honestly not seeing an issue with this raid.
    What I'm seeing an issue with is the playerbase being unwilling to admit it's their fault for ignoring the new meta for the greater part of a year and now finally paying for that choice.
  • Options
    Artumas wrote: »
    With Rey and SLKR doing as well as they have been, all I'm going to say is this simple fact.
    It took me around 8-9 months to farm up Rey as a complete 100% F2P.
    It's been long enough since the original 2 GLs released that No player that's remotely in a position to care about this raid has an excuse to not own one of those 2 GLs.

It's not CG's fault people refuse to meta chase because they dislike the characters, or thought relicing Rose was too much of an investment to have one of the 2 best characters in the game that trivialized everything.

It's the playerbase's fault.
    There shouldn't be a single 50/50 guild out there right now that's complaining about not being able to clear this that doesn't have 50 GLs. But there are.
    It's not CG's fault you people ignored these farms for the greater part of a year now. That's on you, as a player.

And if you can't get a whole 7-10 people online at a time to clear P1 or P2, that's also entirely on you as a guild.
    This raid doesn't require 50/50 people online and ready to go at the same time. It requires 7-10, 10, 10-15, then "anyone that still has a good team left" and "throw your roster at it"

If MMO guilds can get 30-150 people together at the same time for 2-6 hour events, it really shouldn't be hard for a decently serious guild to find an hour where 7 people can all be on at the same time to click 2 buttons.
    Because you don't even have to do the runs at the same time, you have to post them. Have people do runs and post their %s, then wait there afk until those %s equal up to 100%, then ask everyone to finish their runs.
    My guild's not even "that serious" and we usually accomplish that every time we do HSTR just by coincidence.

Other than the reward structure, I'm honestly not seeing an issue with this raid.
    What I'm seeing an issue with is the playerbase being unwilling to admit it's their fault for ignoring the new meta for the greater part of a year and now finally paying for that choice.

What about those of us that farmed the new GLs because they would be "equal" in power only to have see clock in at an abysmal 2%.

Isn't farming the newest GL meta chasing? For the record, I took an 8 month break from the game shortly before Rey and Kylo. And shortly after I started playing again, the new ones dropped.

I guess that's just my fault for assuming that power creep would continue as it adds always had in the past and going for the new meta rather than the previous one.
  • Options

*four times

So you can't play with friends around the world anymore? All because of a single raid? The guild I lead beat phase 1. We definitely need more firepower to continue so it'll be a very long grind. And I like the scaling stats as an idea for INDIVIDUAL RUNS to stop solos. But to punish my European guildmates for being asleep at raid start is just unfair. If I knew the mechanic worked like that, I'd have arranged an earlier time. I inferred, as others did, that this mechanic was run-specific and not punishing everyone for one player's progress.

I said in a post not too long ago that you come for the Star Wars, stay for the people. It's not just about "git gud". Our guild isn't strong enough, that's fine. Not the end of the world. But does that mechanic HAVE to punish everyone? Seems an overreach to me.

You can play however you want.
    A lot of you are acting like this is the only way to beat the raid.

I seem to remember hstr being designed to not be able to be solo'd. Then SLKR came around. Things will change over time.

You can have at most 2 r8 toons right now? Pretty sure more r8 toons is going to help

There's more toons coming. Some toons in the game are not widely owned and have not been sufficiently tested.

There's clearly more to come in terms of growing your rosters power. So if you can't see that those things will come to pass and eventually trivialize this raid and you have to be world's first clear!!!!!! Then yeah git gud

Otherwise sit back, have fun testing and learning and building towards a goal.

Is this a reply to someone else? Sure seems like it.
  • Options

*four times

I’ve been around since day 1. This isn’t comparable to the other raids. Rancor people left because it was a big challenge at first. Same as HAAT. Both of those raids required some crafting, strategy etc. That was a personal choice but was balanced eventually.

HSTR was the same at first then was due to reward structure which was never addressed. That’s on CG.

This new raid? I don’t recall other raids forcing time zone similarities due to poor design

I meant the guild breaking aspect. Cg even justified it as a desired outcome at some point in the back, I'm sure someone can dig that up.
  • Options

*four times

Make the players find solutions to accommodate bad design by the development team? Force players to leave guilds they have been with for years to accommodate bad design by the development team? Are you serious - or just being a contrarian?

Here's a thought: CG, who runs the game and gets paid to do so, finds a solution (not dump it on guild officers and players to do so) that achieves the goal of making the raid "unsoloable" (presuming that's the point of this awful mechanic) without punishing players/guilds for playing the game at times that work with their differing schedules.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

*four times

Make the players find solutions to accommodate bad design by the development team? Force players to leave guilds they have been with for years to accommodate bad design by the development team? Are you serious - or just being a contrarian?

He's just a spender with 4 GL's and a good number of R5+ chars who's also in a 360m+ guild that just throws 150+ish GL's and other R5+ teams at the Rancor and calls it a day.
    You don't have 2-3 GL's? Git gud. Your guild doesn't have 150+ GL's where coordination might become less of a problem or your guild is a wide mix of different timezone people? Just change your guild or join the merc club.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

If your guild needs to have everyone attack while at 100% health in each phase to beat the raid, maybe that guild isn't quite at the end game state they need to be.

This is just an excuse. And I'm not even talking about my guild. We're nearly done. If we can't make it this time we just need a little bit of coordination. Just look at all the complaints. It's clearly not done well.

No that's not an excuse, that is reality. In this game if "you" need to rely on any gimmick or thing as "the only way", then "you" just need to develop more to rely on it less, and eventually not at all. That doesnt make it a design issue.

Go check every raid release, it's always like this.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

Just to be clear, at no point did I say it was good or what they should have done.

The post I am replying to stated it was a bug. And it was supposed to be one way and they made it the other.

Like I said before, I was mainly referring to the last sentence in the paragraph I quoted, so this exact sentence in the second quote here. This is just wrong as it doesn't apply for everyone.

Or maybe it sounded like a good idea when someone threw it at the whiteboard during a design meeting but nobody actually tried to do it with a real multi-timezone guild before release.

This is a fundamental cooperative multiplayer game design question: how many real live players can you realistically expect to be online to work together at the same time given a globally distributed player base?

Again, it's not necessary and it was not intended that a whole guild coordinate an attack at 100% for each phase. (Obviously they could choose to do that if they wanted).

If your guild requires that, then maybe they are not ready. But that is their choice and in the end after some development they will get past that point.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

You know Kyno, we can go back and forth on gear economy all we want in my thread; that’s fine. However, this statement is just obtuse beyond comprehension.

I’m very curious on how guilds should be punished for poor mechanics in this raid. As DarkHelmet had said, if the mechanic was limited per run to prevent solo’s I could see it. However to punish others for not being able to get on depending on time zones given the current structure almost demands simultaneous attacks is just....insincere to be kind.

There’s nothing wrong with a challenge but there is so much wrong with this raid that there’s no defending it. They need to fix the raid and grossly missed on it, just as they need to fix the gear economy

They state the raid will require a lot of coordination for guilds that have mastered all previous raids. The response is to remove one of the major elements that forces coordination for guilds that are on the lower end of ability to beat it. Who is being obtuse?

Just like the Sith raid, they will monitor the situation and the feedback and adjust things that miss the mark, and just like the Sith raid, it will be difficult and players will figure out strategies and teams that work and there will be a clear path to defeat it outlined, just like every raid before.

And just like the gear economy discussion we were having, perspective matters, and we all have a different one, but it doesnt make them wrong on how we get to the end situation.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    @Kyno I don't think it leads anywhere answering to this topic again as our opinions on this are clearly different and we won't agree with each other.
    But is the answer to the stacking speed coming with the feedback to what Doja wrote about earlier or can you / the devs already share somthing?
    Noted some of possible bugs being reported earlier [...]
    This is what I'm talking about:
    Nemio wrote: »
    Here, the boss has under 20% health. If it is working like you say, he should have 100%+75+75+75+75 = 400% speed. So anywhere between 880 and 1200. Then Jedi Master Luke goes before him. Unless I'm missing something (would appreciate someone pointing it out if so), the mechanics are not working as you are saying they are. It would be nice to have more insight than: 'It is working as intended'. He is indeed faster and seems to hit harder later on in the fight, but nowhere close to 4 times 75% buffs.

This is the issues he is referring to. We wont hear anything for a little bit due to the bug guy being out, I believe with a bug (ah the irony).