The Pit Challenge Tier & Relic 8 [MEGA]

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Turbo87 wrote: »
    Is there anyway we could get clarification on this video. https://youtu.be/vNvJZmvU24s to me it makes it look like the bonuses only stack if you yourself go over the threshold in the phase. Would be nice to get clarification on how the bonuses stack and work.

This was pointed out before and passed along. they were looking into it, but we should see a fix in the update today.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Is there anyway we could get clarification on this video. https://youtu.be/vNvJZmvU24s to me it makes it look like the bonuses only stack if you yourself go over the threshold in the phase. Would be nice to get clarification on how the bonuses stack and work.

This was pointed out before and passed along. they were looking into it, but we should see a fix in the update today.

@Nemio
  • Options
    Was hoping that vid was correct. Ugh. So its back to hating on international and multi-timezone guilds again?
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    DarthAndy wrote: »
    Was hoping that vid was correct. Ugh. So its back to hating on international and multi-timezone guilds again?

How does it hate on international guilds? You don't have to run it California time.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Some guilds are claiming the increased stats only kick in if you yourself cross the threshold, while others are saying it's based on overall health bar. Could we please get clarification on this?
  • Options
    The “others” are correct.
  • Options

What is it that they think is broken, and how are they fixing it?
    TVF wrote: »

How does it hate on international guilds? You don't have to run it California time.

Because it's difficult to find times in which you can get a group of people together if that group consists of many different time zones.
  • Rhod101
    50 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Not read the thread but anyone else seeing a lot in in-guild friction over trying to manage who posts what during this raid? The cooperation required should mean the same rewards across the guild. It's unfair on those who can post but are asked not to, to ensure there's no over-commitment on any one phase.

Just to say this isn't 'competition' or good 'friction'. This is players actively arguing over unfair treatment. It's definitely a huge negative.
  • Options
    It’s the “others”. It’s universal for each phase.
    So if I take my run on P2 from 100 to 80%, the rancor now has ramped up speed and damage by 75% for anyone that is going to attack from 80% on until 60%. Then it stacks again at 60%, etc for each 20% it loses.

It’s a ridiculously over-tuned mechanic that should never have been made universal. Per run to prevent solo’s is one thing. Punishing others for hitting the raid later is awful design and of course the child of TopCash
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Because it's difficult to find times in which you can get a group of people together if that group consists of many different time zones.

That was covered by "multi-timezone guilds"
  • Straegen
    194 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    It’s a ridiculously over-tuned mechanic that should never have been made universal. Per run to prevent solo’s is one thing. Punishing others for hitting the raid later is awful design and of course the child of TopCash
    Agreed. It already takes a pretty strong guild to beat the thing with the "everyone post at the same time" tactic. They should remove the 20% and limit the number of attempts per player in each phase. They can always ramp up the difficulty later if too many guilds are beating it too easily. They can actually flatten the rewards while they are at it.

• TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Shockingly, I agree. The 20% threshold boosts are a poor idea.
  • Options

Idk, they're a pretty good idea on a personal basis. Having them carryover to the whole guild is bad though.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    It’s the “others”. It’s universal for each phase.
    So if I take my run on P2 from 100 to 80%, the rancor now has ramped up speed and damage by 75% for anyone that is going to attack from 80% on until 60%. Then it stacks again at 60%, etc for each 20% it loses.

Yep. Horrible design. The entire raid takes up far too much of guild officers' time and planning and yet only takes one person either posting too soon, forgetting to hold or "airplane" it, or having one or two people miss getting in to make the entire raid almost unbeatable. Once you get past the first threshold, even full GL R7 teams can only hit for 3-4%.

The reward structure is very bad - but the time-sink that the ramping mechanic creates is atrocious. By far, the most player unfriendly event CG has come up with. As usual lately, it has the Mark of a development team that doesn't care about player experience. We had a guild member quit the game today, citing the raid. Thank you for the fine work CG.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    This makes people not even want to attack if its below 80% in the phase. Teams that do reasonable damage with no ramping start to struggle tremendously as the damage ramps. This is a terrible mechanic and should reset on each encounter to 0. This isnt challenging or fun. Even guilds that can and do coordinate hits either already hate it, or will soon enough. Guilds that have too many varied schedules to properly coordinate get completely jacked
  • Options

Idk, they're a pretty good idea on a personal basis. Having them carryover to the whole guild is bad though.

Exactly. So much for playing the game the way you want to.

CG: "We don't like to prescribe play"
    Rancor Rework: "Hold my beer"
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

Agreed there.

I'm nowhere near 20% on anything so hadn't thought about that.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

what was discussed earlier in this thread and in that video about the stacking not stacking correctly. they are fixing it so it stacks correctly, as it is described.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

what was discussed earlier in this thread and in that video about the stacking not stacking correctly. they are fixing it so it stacks correctly, as it is described.

Tell whomever made the video to also remind the teacher that they forgot to give us homework.
  • Options
    Asylumwar8 wrote: »
    Rhod101 wrote: »
    Not read the thread but anyone else seeing a lot in in-guild friction over trying to manage who posts what during this raid? The cooperation required should mean the same rewards across the guild. It's unfair on those who can post but are asked not to, to ensure there's no over-commitment on any one phase.

Just to say this isn't 'competition' or good 'friction'. This is players actively arguing over unfair treatment. It's definitely a huge negative.

Better hope those disgruntled don't just post like my guild. We have set times and people don't feel the need to respect it. Pretty bad work on the devs part.

The worse part is even if people do respect it, it only takes one or two mistakes (or game crashes, or phone calls while holding, etc.) to totally jack up an entire guild's work.

• TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Better hope those disgruntled don't just post like my guild. We have set times and people don't feel the need to respect it. Pretty bad work on the devs part.

The worse part is even if people do respect it, it only takes one or two mistakes (or game crashes, or phone calls while holding, etc.) to totally jack up an entire guild's work.

We'll still clear but my p2 damage was more than halved because of this.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options

I don't really want to read through 22 pages to find out "what was discussed."

Are you saying that it currently doesn't always stack properly in p2 and p3 across the entire guild, and this is going to be fixed to ensure it does? Because that entire mechanic is bad, and the fact that CG is doubling down on it is really disheartening.
  • Options

That's the problem though. This raid rework is not about rosters or strategy or synergy or teams - it's about timing. And not just yours, but everyone within the guilds.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Are you saying that it currently doesn't always stack properly in p2 and p3 across the entire guild, and this is going to be fixed to ensure it does? Because that entire mechanic is bad, and the fact that CG is doubling down on it is really disheartening.

it is going to stack properly after the fix.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

That's the problem though. This raid rework is not about rosters or strategy or synergy or teams - it's about timing. And not just yours, but everyone within the guilds.

I'm agreeing.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

it is going to stack properly after the fix.

"properly"

:sick: