The Pit Challenge Tier & Relic 8 [MEGA]

Replies

• Mixelplux
    67 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Run #4 and our 3rd win and 2nd since patch. P1 and P2 got borked at end due to game crashing after waiting in airplane mode for a member each phase. We were left short 13% p1 and 6% p2, even though we had some overage. Can't account for big runs to crash really.. we managed, with a lot of teams to finish both. P3 fine, SLKR doing 30% makes it easy. P4 the same old micro managing to make sure you have enough dmg before Rancor goes into superman mode and ruins your run. In the end, crap rewards, a lot of aggrivation, and a bucket full of **** bother with this crap.

Tldr; beat it again. Still god **** annoying raid to do, rewards are utter crap for the effort and frustration, getting to the point of just ignoring this raid.

Oh, relic rewards useless after you get a couple r8 as you will be massively bottlenecked on the 2 final relic salvage pieces. Stupid raid stupid rewards.
  • Options
    Mixelplux wrote: »
    Run #4 and our 3rd win and 2nd since patch. P1 and P2 got borked at end due to game crashing after waiting in airplane mode for a member each phase. We were left short 13% p1 and 6% p2, even though we had some overage. Can't account for big runs to crash really.. we managed, with a lot of teams to finish both. P3 fine, SLKR doing 30% makes it easy. P4 the same old micro managing to make sure you have enough dmg before Rancor goes into superman mode and ruins your run. In the end, crap rewards, a lot of aggrivation, and a bucket full of **** bother with this crap.

Tldr; beat it again. Still god **** annoying raid to do, rewards are utter crap for the effort and frustration, getting to the point of just ignoring this raid.

Oh, relic rewards useless after you get a couple r8 as you will be massively bottlenecked on the 2 final relic salvage pieces. Stupid raid stupid rewards.

Yes, the other new piece is the real bottleneck while it should have been zinbiddle and raid only piece.
  • Options
    The escalating damage requiring total guild timed cooperation is probably one of the worst ideas you guys have ever had. The idea that you guys sat in a room and approved this concept is baffling to me. I mean you obviously have a job so you realise that's a large chunk of your day. Then you may or may not have a family but just let me tell ya if you dont, that's almost all of the rest of your day.

To marry up scheduling people from all over the world to hit at the same time given work and family obligations is just plain ignorant and dismissive of the life balance of your player base.

It's a bad idea, change it and move on.
  • Options
    Sarbitar wrote: »
    Hilarious design. To REQUIRE "airplane mode" to play the game....
    It is certainly an ironic outcome. Makes you wonder if that was their intent or if they just didn't think it through the way we have to.

Things probably seem a bit simpler when you are all in the same time zone and chatting on your work laptops while you coordinate.
  • Options
    MMORPG level of management and organization is not even close to the level of management and organization needed for Pit challenge.
    MMORPG:
    does not require waiting on airplane mode;
    does not require another device for communication or switching between apps turning AP mode/Wifi on/off (one mistake and you can screw the raid);
    it's played on PC or laptop - what is the possibility your game to crash (there is no need to switch between the apps) compared to mobile platforms;
    every player just using his character regardless of what others are doing;
    raid can be repeated until it's cleared, no matter how many times it gets failed.
    CG are living in some parallel reality. Even if they are playing the game by itself (which I hardly believe they don't) they are doing this AT WORK and they can do it all day long, respectively they get paid for this. They can wait a whole day to post on Airplane mode without even need of coordination through a 3rd party app cause they are in one room supposingly. Supposingly they are using high end devices which are being used for lets say 5% of the player's base, minimizing the possibilities of issues greatly.
    Now find the differences.
  • Options
    Thats a fair point.
  • Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Sarbitar wrote: »
    Hilarious design. To REQUIRE "airplane mode" to play the game....
    It is certainly an ironic outcome. Makes you wonder if that was their intent or if they just didn't think it through the way we have to.

Wouldn't it be great if CG hired someone to communicate this kind of information to the community? Even better, what if they hired that person and then refused to let him do his job? Why, if they did that, I'd shell out $100 for a 15% stat increase for 1 toon. /s
  • Options
    I'll be the first to admit that, overall, I've been impressed with CG and the moves they were making in the latter half of the year. Definitely have been happy with most things and I applaud the dev team for thinking outside the box finally. With that being said, I feel like there's just got to be a better way in handling this new raid. The amount of time and coordination it takes is just ridiculous. These are my main gripes:

1) Coordination - Right now a guild is basically getting punished if they have members from all different time zones and locations. Sure, P1-3 can be handled with a small group but P4 requires a solid chunk of guys and to have everyone sit there and hold on airplane mode hoping you get enough together to knock it out is crazy.

2) Mis-Posting - This whole raid is basically set up just begging for people to screw up and mis-post. Sure, that's not necessarily CG's problem to deal with.. but I mean come on. I just wish if they were going to require a bunch of people to post all at once they would at least introduce some sort of pause button so that you can prevent unplanned posting in between runs. I also think your damage shouldn't just auto-post the minute you die. If there was a simple button you had to press to accept the run after it's over then no one would need airplane mode and then most could at least communicate on discord or in-game on what they are holding.

Yeah, the rewards aren't "flatter" and the relic gate is high but honestly I don't care as much about any of that. Sure, I wish the R8 mats were spread out a bit more (this is really what I'm concerned with more so than the gear) but all of that is what it is.

I just think that if we are going to be subjected to whatever rules are put in to place to handle this raid then it should at least come with a reasonable way to do it. Having people waste a ton of time trying to coordinate damage posting and players just sitting there on airplane mode is not the way.
  • Options
    At one point using airplane mode was considered by some to be a form of Hacking since it allows people to have a major advantage by using a out of game function (airplane mode) to manipulate the game servers by intentionally breaking the connection between the game servers and the actual device where the game is being played.

It's very amusing that using airplane mode to break the connection between the game servers and the device used to play the game is now the #1 strategy to pass the most exclusive newest content.

What's cheating one day is a solid strategy the next day.
  • Options
    At one point using airplane mode was considered by some to be a form of Hacking since it allows people to have a major advantage by using a out of game function (airplane mode) to manipulate the game servers by intentionally breaking the connection between the game servers and the actual device where the game is being played.

It's very amusing that using airplane mode to break the connection between the game servers and the device used to play the game is now the #1 strategy to pass the most exclusive newest content.

What's cheating one day is a solid strategy the next day.

Solid point. It shouldn't have to be taken to that level and could be prevented like I said above with just adding a simple button after your run to either post the damage or abandon the run. If you are allowed to exit the battle during the run already, I don't see why you can't exit the battle after the run. Just doesn't make sense.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Just completed the raid, highlight for my guild and a great way to end 2020. But now I'm feeling salty. Looking at the rewards, this is not worth the time and effort and coordination.

The rewards structure is so bad I hate myself for not trying harder to get.

hudzamhsltpl.jpg

This is what I got...

ejz0ksqokg8h.jpg

Rank 3

There are other images, but this is not flattering rewards.... This is making the gap bigger

• Options
    Looooki wrote: »
    Just completed the raid, highlight for my guild and a great way to end 2020. But now I'm feeling salty. Looking at the rewards, this is not worth the time and effort and coordination.

ujkddqlkfcrp.jpg

Don't hate yourself. Those are just about the best possible rewards.

So, maybe hate yourself for trying, I guess. Trying harder would not have gotten you anything better.
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options

Those "some" were wrong.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

ujkddqlkfcrp.jpg

So, maybe hate yourself for trying, I guess. Trying harder would not have gotten you anything better.

But the question is but why... Why the rewards are so bad is like the lower tier is just the reward structure for rancor 1.0?

Isn't this 2.0 suppose to help with gear etc? Or only the top 10% can get the good gear while the rest of the guild just gets trash?

Didn't CG learn anything from HSTR? or is that something they wanted to create?
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    Isn't this 2.0 suppose to help with gear etc?

Where was this stated.
  • Options
    Please rework this raid... It is not rewarding nor fun right now. You can not expect the whole guild to be able to be online at the exact same time and then start messing with airplane mode while staying online to know when to post. And the the "very" flat rewards too. Make it into a guild event where everybody gets the same reward because it takes coordinated effort just like in TB and TW. This is a mess and you should fix this.

@CG_Doja_Fett after you've communicated the above to the team could you please let us know how are the raid eligibilities calculated? How often/frequently can one person do the raid?
  • Options
    Can my guild complete the raid? Yes.

Do we have the drive, or ability to make the ridiculous coordination throughout international time zones based on rewards? No

This raid mechanic being universal is awful. The raid is bugged and needs to be fixed. Let’s hope CG actually fixes things but based on their practices the last few weeks, not holding my breath
  • Options
    Thanks for making it impossible for a player to play the game and still have a job, RL obligations in the age of Covid and not belong to a guild if time doesn't allow. Not everyone is Anhaldt. You've really made the game for professional gamers at his point with no alternative route to enjoy your progress. Out of touch to say the least. I'll join my mates elsewhere where reality prevails.
    IGN: l l BOOM l l
    SPECTRE SW
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb @CG_TopHat perhaps after your guys “well deserved” vacation you guys can fix this insane mechanic.
    Not even going to bother tagging Doja since you guys ignore the poor guy
  • Options
    Well if they answer to this topic the same way they answered to “please buff SEE” topic...
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Those "some" were wrong.

If they were right or wrong is not the point.

The point was that disconnecting from the game servers mid combat is the best strategy for the pit challenge

Don't u think its odd that devs made it so?

is using airplane mode to disconnect from the servers while in combat is the main skill needed by Guilds to pass.

Hey at least this is f2p friendly and can't be bought if u look on bright side.
  • Options

Those "some" were wrong.

The point was that disconnecting from the game servers mid combat is the best strategy for the pit challenge

is using airplane mode to disconnect from the servers while in combat is the main skill needed by Guilds to pass.

Bro... They sold packs... It is not ftp...
  • Options

ujkddqlkfcrp.jpg

But the question is but why... Why the rewards are so bad is like the lower tier is just the reward structure for rancor 1.0?

Isn't this 2.0 suppose to help with gear etc? Or only the top 10% can get the good gear while the rest of the guild just gets trash?

It's not only lower tier that gets those crap. Wait until you get a mk3 sienar as the only full drop in your box in top 10. The existence of all the junk in the chart made the rewards very rng.
  • Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »

ujkddqlkfcrp.jpg

It's not only lower tier that gets those crap. Wait until you get a mk3 sienar as the only full drop in your box in top 10. The existence of all the junk in the chart made the rewards very rng.

Rewards?? Just remember, pride and accomplishment
  • Options

Those "some" were wrong.

3 packs vs a permanent raid don't make it P2P.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options

Those "some" were wrong.

3 packs vs a permanent raid don't make it P2P.

Not sure why this keeps coming up. We have p2p and f2p in our guild. Everyone despises the "coordination required" mechanic. It's anti-QOL and the least player-friendly game mode CG has ever introduced, whether you spend money on the game or not.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options

Those "some" were wrong.

Yeah but I can correct the post regardless.
  • Options

Those "some" were wrong.

Not really ftp friendly considering to get top rewards you need 3 GLs most likely.

And the easiest GL to farm for ftp is utter garbage in this raid.
  • Options

Those "some" were wrong.

Yeah but I can correct the post regardless.

They existed what were you correcting?

I don't see how u corrected anything.

Your just stating that their beliefs were wrong which is irrelevant.