The Pit Challenge Tier & Relic 8 [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Sarbitar wrote: »
    I just lost 3,4% due to app restart on my phone. We actually are stuck at 2,6% or so. The restart of course happened because I had to switch airplane on and off and wait to post damage.

Oh, so your 'mistake' was nothing of your own doing, just the fact that you had to switch apps and CG has made a game that can't reliably do that? Interesting.

Being aware that this is an issue and having seen it firsthand myself, I recommend not switching apps mid-run.

So what do you suggest.

Two devices? That may work for some. But not everyone has two devices or the money to buy another one for this raid.

Staying in airplane mode the entire time? Pretty hard to tell your guild how much damage you have while in airplane mode.

No, he suggests telling everyone else in the in-game chat what your % is. You know, the same in-game chat that everyone else in airplane mode can totally access.

Yeah and you can't use a second device to go into the game or it will force a restart. So not a good solution.
  • Options
    I just lost 3,4% due to app restart on my phone. We actually are stuck at 2,6% or so. The restart of course happened because I had to switch airplane on and off and wait to post damage.

Oh, so your 'mistake' was nothing of your own doing, just the fact that you had to switch apps and CG has made a game that can't reliably do that? Interesting.

Being aware that this is an issue and having seen it firsthand myself, I recommend not switching apps mid-run.

Well, how else are you supposed to get back to Discord to know when it's ok to post?

You are supposed to devote one device to SWGOH and use another device for all other apps.
  • StarSon
    7477 posts Member
    Options

So what do you suggest.

Two devices? That may work for some. But not everyone has two devices or the money to buy another one for this raid.

Staying in airplane mode the entire time? Pretty hard to tell your guild how much damage you have while in airplane mode.

No, he suggests telling everyone else in the in-game chat what your % is. You know, the same in-game chat that everyone else in airplane mode can totally access.

Still not what I said.

You didn't say to just post in the in-game chat? That way you don't have to switch apps?
    [...]I also take my run off airplane mode when I have a good run that i stopped short of dying on, so i can also see the in-game notice.[...]

Looks like you said exactly what I said you said. All good that you can access that in-game chat since you stopped early enough to remove airplane mode. But what about everyone else? Aren't they all in airplane mode right now?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Can we please stop bickering with the back and forth.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Can we please stop bickering with the back and forth.

We've tried, but as soon as someone posts accidentally, or their run crashes, it starts back up again....oh, you mean in this thread? Sure.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36658 posts Member
    Options

Well, how else are you supposed to get back to Discord to know when it's ok to post?

I use a second screen. I also take my run off airplane mode when I have a good run that i stopped short of dying on, so i can also see the in-game notice. By the way i'm able to stop short most of the time, so airplane mode is just a failsafe.

So, basically, a mobile phone game designed to run on a single device now requires a second device of some kind to access communication to complete the current end-game content? And this is ok?

1) I pointed out how you can do it with one device if necessary, though it's not as safe. If I had to rely on this I would be more careful about ending my run, and I'm already pretty careful about it.
    2) Nowhere did I say this is ok, despite everyone acting like I did. The mechanic is dumb, I've never said otherwise.

If you agree it's dumb, why do you keep arguing and pointing out ways that we're all just **** for not being able to do this without the game crashing or accidentally posting?

*filter ate my post*

1) I am arguing with people who keep misrepresenting what I said.
    2) I never said any of you are (whatever that word is)
    3) You were the one who said people couldn't follow directions in the first place. I was agreeing with you!

Whatever. Good luck to your guild and your alliance in future raids. May RNG be good to you, rather than that other word.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36658 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

I use a second screen. I also take my run off airplane mode when I have a good run that i stopped short of dying on, so i can also see the in-game notice. By the way i'm able to stop short most of the time, so airplane mode is just a failsafe.

So, basically, a mobile phone game designed to run on a single device now requires a second device of some kind to access communication to complete the current end-game content? And this is ok?

1) I pointed out how you can do it with one device if necessary, though it's not as safe. If I had to rely on this I would be more careful about ending my run, and I'm already pretty careful about it.
    2) Nowhere did I say this is ok, despite everyone acting like I did. The mechanic is dumb, I've never said otherwise.

If you agree it's dumb, why do you keep arguing and pointing out ways that we're all just **** for not being able to do this without the game crashing or accidentally posting?

You do realize that TVF can think the mechanic is poor design AND think he's the smartest poster on the forums at the same time, right? ;)

This is a very smart post.
  • Options
    Since CG has long insisted that they play SWGOH, I'd like to hear from Doja, Crumb, Top_Hat, Cyanides, Miller, Mark, and others how their guilds are doing with the ReRancor. I'll hang up and listen for my answer. :)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Iy4oy4s
    2941 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Since CG has long insisted that they play SWGOH, I'd like to hear from Doja, Crumb, Top_Hat, Cyanides, Miller, Mark, and others how their guilds are doing with the ReRancor. I'll hang up and listen for my answer. :)

Question of the month right here....too bad they have given up on Q&A's....
  • Mixelplux
    67 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    I will leave you with this..zokagtxy4mf9.png

[Remove-CM]
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • nottenst
    703 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Mixelplux wrote: »

[Remove-CM]

I'm sure I've seen the rewards posted before, but that is really pitiful. Except for the new relic 8 stuff and GET2 (and those amounts are nothing to be excited about) people are doing better in Sith Raid.
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • Options
    The rewards are Imo a big problem. Most of the time it was very underwhelming.
    In other raids I was very happy to beat the raid the first few times to unlock the new powerfull meta char.
    R8 isnt rly game changing atm and the loot sucks most of the time so it's not even fun to get the rewards for this mess.
    Hsr loot is Imo way better.
  • Options
    We've been completing it for a few weeks now and I even have enough of the raid materials for 1.5 R8 bits - I'm not going to bother with r8 for now as I don't see the point in swelling my GP for no reason.

The issue I have is the amount of coordination needed and the prizes received.
    • You need to use AP mode to post damage. Then switch apps, turn off AP mode go to discord (a non game supported tool!), tell the team how much you scored.
    • Then you need to wait before going back into the game until everyone has scored up to 100% (when you total all the scores).
    • Then you go back into the game click "retry connection" and hope that your damage posts.

All this exercise can take anything between 15 to 40 minutes depending on who is on and how well their runs go. And that's just for p1.

rinse and repeat for the other phases. It's not fun. I just do damage in 1 phase as I don't have the time to do more - even though we spread it over 2 days.

Then if the game crashes whilst you're holding the damage and waiting to post - you lose your damage and it **** the whole phase if you don't clear it in 1 go. That then has the impact that it makes it harder for your guild to clear it as the rancor then gets some stupid stats.

the fact you have to use 3rd party apps, use plane mode, and hold on damage for a while for it to work to me is just not a clever mechanic. In fact it's appallingly implemented. It's really just lazy development - if my businesses produced something like this I'd not have been able to retire when I did!

Then after all that, you then get absolute **** rewards, other than the r8 bits - which arguably are also a bit of a red herring considering the amount of resource needed to craft an r8 piece.

No wonder the majority of guilds can't be **** with it.

CG are you satisfied with your work here? Do you think this is any good?
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    Mixelplux wrote: »

PS. stop feeding the trolls.

U got better rewards then me
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    Schwubb wrote: »
    The rewards are Imo a big problem. Most of the time it was very underwhelming.
    In other raids I was very happy to beat the raid the first few times to unlock the new powerfull meta char.
    R8 isnt rly game changing atm and the loot sucks most of the time so it's not even fun to get the rewards for this mess.
    Hsr loot is Imo way better.

This says it all!!!
    Give us better rewards!!
  • Options

You play on your phone (wifi off and airplane mode) and check discord on your 2nd phone/tablet/PC of course :)
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Legend91 wrote: »

You play on your phone (wifi off and airplane mode) and check discord on your 2nd phone/tablet/PC of course :)

Or pc, run 5 accounts on 2 screens with multi instances (I know a person who exactly does that, all accs high gp kraken/whale level xD)
  • Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »

Or pc, run 5 accounts on 2 screens with multi instances (I know a person who exactly does that, all accs high gp kraken/whale level xD)

Sorry but I do have a life.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options

Sorry but I do have a life.

Naw, you are supposed to navigate a space ship star trek style.

Btw another weird example of the rewards. 50th spot...

yiags97oq7mr.jpeg
  • Options

So a mobile phone game you need to use a laptop, 3rd party software, and sit in front of a laptop for hours? Yeah that's fun.

Although I don't work anymore, I have better things to do (like spend time with the family!) - this is supposed to be a game, not work!
  • Options
    jzt5z3q9kvwh.jpeg
    oax0lorhsg4y.png
  • Options
    Rewards of rank 17 is better than rank 1 >:)
  • Options
    That's appeared in same raid
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    @ucantsay its all about the R8 materials, anything else is "extra", so no those are not better than the higher rank.
  • TVF
    36658 posts Member
    Options
    Well there's your flattened rewards.
  • Ultra
    11541 posts Moderator
    Options
    @ucantsay its all about the R8 materials, anything else is "extra", so no those are not better than the higher rank.

Why not include both r8 materials?
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options

How did you decide all else is extra? Did cg said anything confirming your opinion besides this raid to be introducing r8 mats but not restricted to them? If all else is extra what's the flattened reward structure about? Surely that's not talking about relic mats which are not flat whatsoever.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    ucantsay its all about the R8 materials, anything else is "extra", so no those are not better than the higher rank.

How did you decide all else is extra? Did cg said anything confirming your opinion besides this raid to be introducing r8 mats but not restricted to them? If all else is extra what's the flattened reward structure about? Surely that's not talking about relic mats which are not flat whatsoever.

which of those 2 rewards would you take?

when new content is introduced and its the only farming source of a material, it seems like that would be the most important part of the rewards, as you can only get it there.

If given the choice between 5 or 11 of those, would you choose to only take 5? (and less currency, but the 5 more of 1 piece of gear) Those are not likely to be the "deciding factor" in a choice like this.

you can also note that I used " " around the word extra, which means I dont mean that literally, but I do mean to point out that the rewards shown there for 17 are in no way better than the rewards for 1, because the important material is in higher quantity.

please go ahead and graph the relic rewards (1-11) and Sith raid rewards (i'm not sure what the low end is, but i think its under 10) up to 50 (or a full piece which has more stuff in it) and let me know which line is flatter. and yes the "secondary rewards" (not the mats) for the whole distribution are flatter. so in both cases, yes its flatter, and no one said it was FLAT, as you put it.
  • Options
    ucantsay its all about the R8 materials, anything else is "extra", so no those are not better than the higher rank.

which of those 2 rewards would you take?

when new content is introduced and its the only farming source of a material, it seems like that would be the most important part of the rewards, as you can only get it there.

If given the choice between 5 or 11 of those, would you choose to only take 5? (and less currency, but the 5 more of 1 piece of gear) Those are not likely to be the "deciding factor" in a choice like this.

you can also note that I used " " around the word extra, which means I dont mean that literally, but I do mean to point out that the rewards shown there for 17 are in no way better than the rewards for 1, because the important material is in higher quantity.

please go ahead and graph the relic rewards (1-11) and Sith raid rewards (i'm not sure what the low end is, but i think its under 10) up to 50 (or a full piece which has more stuff in it) and let me know which line is flatter. and yes the "secondary rewards" (not the mats) for the whole distribution are flatter. so in both cases, yes its flatter, and no one said it was FLAT, as you put it.

So if the most important reward as you say are the relic materials, how exactly are those rewards themselves flat or flatter? Just curious