The Pit Challenge Tier & Relic 8 [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    MikKro wrote: »
    Does this thread also need 150 pages before they come up with a yes/no changes reply?

You're stretching there. That other thread is mostly 8-10 whales complaining in an echo chamber. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Does this thread also need 150 pages before they come up with a yes/no changes reply?

You're stretching there. That other thread is mostly 8-10 whales complaining in an echo chamber. ;)

No, that echo chamber is down to 1 or 2 complainers. This one however, the devs are waiting in airplane mode until it dies
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

No, that echo chamber is down to 1 or 2 complainers. This one however, the devs are waiting in airplane mode until it dies

It’s not gonna die lol. This is far and beyond a bigger issue than SEE/JML’s kit and JML is my only GL so far
  • Options
    Of course it is a bigger issue. The raid released in December and the most hated mechanic is still in it.. that shows how much they care
  • Options
    Logged in just to up this issue.
    My guild is an international guild with awesome people from all over the world.
    Let me know if I have to leave them and join a guild of people only from my country to be able to do this raid without getting crazy.
    And if that's the case: wow...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Let me know if I have to leave them and join a guild of people only from my country to be able to do this raid without getting crazy.

The best advice anyone can give you is to wait, they have nothing they can announce at the moment, but they are looking into it.
  • StarSon
    7472 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

The best advice anyone can give you is to wait, they have nothing they can announce at the moment, but they are looking into it.

In other words, yes, you probably have to leave your guild that you love. Pretty sure if CG had planned on changing anything they would have said so by now, as evidenced by past situations that warranted changes they knew they would make before they knew the how.
  • Options
    I would say in the meantime...spend, spend, spend. The intern who worked on the raid is back at school and will not graduate until June.
  • Options

So they will come back three months from the raid release and say it is running as they intended it to. B)
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Just like they're still looking into division 1 population, LOL.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    How long did it take them to change the other raids after release? That could give us a rough estimate.
  • Options

Or they can do their jobs and start making positive changes for this raid. Sorry but the only one doing their job right now is Doja and the poor guy is facing a fire storm right now. I won’t tag the devs needed for change so I don’t bother them too much ;) but it would be nice if after 2 months of “looking into it” they actually say something other than “they’re looking into it”. That’s not good enough anymore. There’s nothing more to look into. The mechanic blows and everyone hates it. Guilds are breaking up because of time zones and third party methods and AP mode must be utilized to beat the raid. Either change the tools in game to make the coordination much easier or change the mechanic. Point blank. It’s simple
  • StarSon
    7472 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    How long did it take them to change the other raids after release? That could give us a rough estimate.

1 week.

Edit: just to give some details, Sith Raid was released on 2/28/18. The first change was announced on 3/7/18, and the second change was announced on 3/12/18. There have been many changes to it during its lifetime.

There was a change to the Normal Tank raid in the first month of its release, where they severely nerfed its health pool. Don't remember the specific on the time frame.

Every single raid change for the STR was to stop something that helped players. Pretty sure that's why no changes have been announced for this one: CG appears uninterested in helping us or improving our experiences in the game.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

1 week.

Edit: just to give some details, Sith Raid was released on 2/28/18. The first change was announced on 3/7/18, and the second change was announced on 3/12/18. There have been many changes to it during its lifetime.

There was a change to the Normal Tank raid in the first month of its release, where they severely nerfed its health pool. Don't remember the specific on the time frame.

Every single raid change for the STR was to stop something that helped players. Pretty sure that's why no changes have been announced for this one: CG appears uninterested in helping us or improving our experiences in the game.

There was the one to reduce the randomness of STR, taking away the random chance for extra move from Nihilus and maybe something more.
  • StarSon
    7472 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Options

1 week.

There was the one to reduce the randomness of STR, taking away the random chance for extra move from Nihilus and maybe something more.

Okay, of the 4 pages' worth of dev announcements about STR changes, one two of those changes helped the players.
  • TVF
    36642 posts Member
    Options
    They also changed Nih so he would keep summoning sides post-enrage thus allowing you to keep getting shields and making P1 much easier.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36642 posts Member
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Or they can do their jobs and start making positive changes for this raid. Sorry but the only one doing their job right now is Doja and the poor guy is facing a fire storm right now.

Nice to know you are in the office keeping tabs on all their day-to-day duties for us.
  • Options

1 week.

There has been a change/fix to the CRancor: Actually making the %-thresholds work as described and let it go godmode when hitting the 60, 40 and 20 ones, LOL.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • StarSon
    7472 posts Member
    Options
    Legend91 wrote: »

1 week.

There has been a change/fix to the CRancor: Actually making the %-thresholds work as described and let it go godmode when hitting the 60, 40 and 20 ones, LOL.

Oh, that's right. Forgot they already made a player unfriendly change to the CRancor. They did that one within about a week of release as well.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Or they can do their jobs and start making positive changes for this raid. Sorry but the only one doing their job right now is Doja and the poor guy is facing a fire storm right now.

Nice to know you are in the office keeping tabs on all their day-to-day duties for us.

Sorry, they’re so busy they can’t respond on the forums after 2 months? Must be that ocean of content we’ve been drowning in
  • Options

Sorry, they’re so busy they can’t respond on the forums after 2 months? Must be that ocean of content we’ve been drowning in

Theyve been getting ready to drop conquest. Is that not enough for you? Would you rather have a new gamemode or them to fix a raid that can be completed?
    “But you know what I always say: Speak softly and drive a big tank.”
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

In other words, yes, you probably have to leave your guild that you love. Pretty sure if CG had planned on changing anything they would have said so by now, as evidenced by past situations that warranted changes they knew they would make before they knew the how.

Or, they dont have anything to announce and waiting for them to say what the plans are or are not, rather than making things up about some arbitrary deadline......
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

1 week.

Okay, of the 4 pages' worth of dev announcements about STR changes, one two of those changes helped the players.

Not disputing that their priorities are clear. My point is that changes in our favor happened and it's at least something to base our estimate on, when all communication we get is "we're looking into it". It seems anywhere up to a year.
    Of course, if there was a (non-GL) team that could do a lot of damage easily, it would be "fixed" by now...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Or they can do their jobs and start making positive changes for this raid. Sorry but the only one doing their job right now is Doja and the poor guy is facing a fire storm right now. I won’t tag the devs needed for change so I don’t bother them too much ;) but it would be nice if after 2 months of “looking into it” they actually say something other than “they’re looking into it”. That’s not good enough anymore. There’s nothing more to look into. The mechanic blows and everyone hates it. Guilds are breaking up because of time zones and third party methods and AP mode must be utilized to beat the raid. Either change the tools in game to make the coordination much easier or change the mechanic. Point blank. It’s simple

But nothing is ever that simple, and them doing their job but you not seeing it, doesnt eman they are not doing thier job and also looking at positive player changes.
  • TVF
    36642 posts Member
    Options

You really have a habit of blindly assigning correlation to things.
  • TVF
    36642 posts Member
    Options
    Legend91 wrote: »

1 week.

Oh, that's right. Forgot they already made a player unfriendly change to the CRancor. They did that one within about a week of release as well.

Ignored the Sith raid changes that were in our favor though didn't you?

The player unfriendly one was changed because it was bugged.
  • Options

Theyve been getting ready to drop conquest. Is that not enough for you? Would you rather have a new gamemode or them to fix a raid that can be completed?

I’d rather them fix one thing before pushing out something else that will be broken given their history of things lately.

Sounds like something you do. But you said I know their day to day but since we’ve gotten the Armourer so far this year, actually in the last two months it’s stands to common sense that aside from conquest (which who knows how far away that is) they really haven’t provided anything to show they’re that busy that they can’t get on the forums and say they’re going to change Crancor or not.

But nothing is ever that simple, and them doing their job but you not seeing it, doesnt eman they are not doing thier job and also looking at positive player changes.

So they can’t get on the forums and say “hey we are going to make changes to the raid, we just need time to figure out how to best implement it”
    That takes 2 months? Oh ok. Cool
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

I’d rather them fix one thing before pushing out something else that will be broken given their history of things lately.

Sounds like something you do. But you said I know their day to day but since we’ve gotten the Armourer so far this year, actually in the last two months it’s stands to common sense that aside from conquest (which who knows how far away that is) they really haven’t provided anything to show they’re that busy that they can’t get on the forums and say they’re going to change Crancor or not.

So they can’t get on the forums and say “hey we are going to make changes to the raid, we just need time to figure out how to best implement it”

Correct it is not that simple.
  • Options

Oh, ok so we shouldn’t expect some sort of announcement about changes after 2 months. Not what the changes are but just if there will be changes or not. They need more than 2 months, and thousands of comments about how much this mechanic is terrible and all the negative feedback. Got it
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Oh, ok so we shouldn’t expect some sort of announcement about changes after 2 months. Not what the changes are but just if there will be changes or not. They need more than 2 months, and thousands of comments about how much this mechanic is terrible and all the negative feedback. Got it

No, not correct. I never said they need 2 more months to make a decision.

They will not make statements until things are more real. They will not make the general statement like a few have asked for, but that doesnt mean they are not looking into and working on things to see what options they have and are viable changes if they are going to make them.