Upcoming Changes To The Pit Challenge Tier [MEGA]

Prev13456715
The changes to CT Rancor Raid have been announced here

Hi Holotable Heroes,

We have finalized the changes to the Challenge Tier of The Pit raid scheduled to be released in the coming weeks. Our main objective with these modifications is to maintain which Guilds can complete this event while removing the headache of coordinating the majority of Guild members over a very narrow period of time (and reduce the stress for Guild officers!) Second, we want to expand the accessibility of the Challenge Tier within the Guilds completing it. Guild members should be able to participate in this raid regardless of real life factors like time zone, Discord usage, and device ownership. And third, these changes are also aimed at preventing characters like Supreme Leader Kylo Ren from soloing phases of the raid.

With those objectives in mind, we are changing the stacking Speed and Offense that persisted between runs to only impact the current battle and adjusting the amount and rate at which these stacks start building up. While the changes can make large runs harder, your overall guild progress should be roughly the same but without needing the heavy coordination.

While we may in the future design game modes that require deeper levels of coordination, we recognize the original version of the The Pit Challenge Tier raid did not accomplish this in a way that was as fun for many Guilds. We will continue to monitor the impact of these changes and take your feedback into close consideration. There will be an announcement on the release date for these changes several days in advance in order to help Guilds coordinate when to launch their raids.

Red will be removed and Green will be added to Pit Fighter 2 description in a future update.

Pit Fighter 2
This unit has +50% Tenacity while it isn't Toppled and is immune to Turn Meter Reduction effects.
For every 20% of its Health lost, this unit gains 75% Offense and Speed (stacking). For each 2% Health lost this battle, this unit gains 20% Offense and Speed (stacking). These bonuses increase by an additional 20% each time.

NOTE: These bonuses work similarly to Enfys Nest’s Unique, Fighting Instinct, and will increase by 20%, then increase by 40%, 60%, and so on for this battle only.

At the start of each of its turns, this unit gains 50 Armor Penetration and 10% Critical Chance, Critical Damage, and Potency (stacking) and all enemies both active and defeated lose 5% Offense, Tenacity, and Mastery (stacking) until end of encounter, tripled for Galactic Legends. (stacking, max 10 stacks) until end of encounter.

Old Pit Fighter 2
This unit has +50% Tenacity while it isn't Toppled and is immune to Turn Meter Reduction effects.
For every 20% of its Health lost, this unit gains 75% Offense and Speed (stacking).

At the start of each of its turns, this unit gains 50 Armor Penetration and 10% Critical Chance, Critical Damage, and Potency (stacking) and all enemies both active and defeated lose 5% Offense, Tenacity, and Mastery (stacking) until end of encounter, tripled for Galactic Legends.

New Pit Fighter 2
This unit has +50% Tenacity while it isn't Toppled and is immune to Turn Meter reduction effects.
For each 2% Health lost this battle, this unit gains 20% Offense and Speed (stacking). These bonuses increase by an additional 20% each time.

At the start of each of its turns, this unit gains 50 Armor Penetration and 10% Critical Chance, Critical Damage, and Potency (stacking) and all enemies both active and defeated lose 5% Offense, Tenacity, and Mastery (stacking, max 10 stacks) until end of encounter.

Replies

• Damodamo
    1574 posts Member
    Hallelujah
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    For each 2% Health lost this battle, this unit gains 20% Offense and Speed (stacking). These bonuses increase by an additional 20% each time.

Wasn't expecting a 2% threshold, i guess the intention is that each member contributes at least 2% per run, resulting in 100% (50x2) makes mercing more of a pain though
  • I was wondering if maybe we could get an update to the communication system in game? Like maybe having notifications that tell you when someone has a message on chats that you allow notifications for?
    “But you know what I always say: Speak softly and drive a big tank.”
  • UdalCuain
    4991 posts Member
    In before people start to pick this apart and complain about it (I can't see anything, but they'll undoubtedly find something). These are very positive changes. My guild has had a horrific time trying to get everyone online at the same time.

Excellent job at admitting the original design wasn't ideal, and trying to make it better, especially for international guilds.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    In before people start to pick this apart and complain about it (I can't see anything, but they'll undoubtedly find something). These are very positive changes. My guild has had a horrific time trying to get everyone online at the same time.

Excellent job at admitting the original design wasn't ideal, and trying to make it better, especially for international guilds.
    Only downside is that it makes mercing a lot harder, and it just makes the raid rewards uneven distribution of aeromagnifiers more severe (ranking below 25 is pretty bad)

2% is a crazy threshold, was expecting 10%, or worst case, 5%
  • Themy
    96 posts Member
    This is probably the worst solution that they could have come up with for the raid.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »

Wasn't expecting a 2% threshold, i guess the intention is that each member contributes at least 2% per run, resulting in 100% (50x2) makes mercing more of a pain though

2% is only where you start to see it. Planning, team comp, development, and as always RNG can get you past that point in a run.

Also, now you can make as many tries as you want for an ideal run....
  • CamaroAMF
    1277 posts Member

Mostly good changes. My initial thought is that the 2% thresholds is ridiculously low but we’ll see when it’s out in the wild.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

2% is only where you start to see it. Planning, team comp, development, and as always RNG can get you past that point in a run.

I know kyno, my point is that the raid rewards are pretty bad with respect to aeromagnifiers but you could've solved the uneven distribution with posting larger scores per run by splitting the guild in half

I don't want multiple runs for top score for aeromagnifier

its basically a r5 roster check to get most aeromagnifiers now
  • Degs29
    360 posts Member
    Thank you! I don't care how difficult the raid is. All I want is for the stupid airplane mode hoarding of damage to end. This is a very positive change.
  • Woo hoo I don't have to wake up at 4 am now thank God
  • Themy
    96 posts Member
    You guys NEED to flatten Aeros if you go through with this change. Just give everyone 5 Aeros.
  • nottenst
    675 posts Member
    2% makes it at least theoretically possible for some guilds where it wasn't before. We will at least be able to give it a real try and see what progress we can make.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I know kyno, my point is that the raid rewards are pretty bad with respect to aeromagnifiers but you could've solved the uneven distribution with posting larger scores per run by splitting the guild in half

I don't want multiple runs for top score for aeromagnifier

I agree, and discussed this point, but without other mechanisms in place, or a complete change to how raids run, that will almost always be the case.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    edited March 2021
    Ultra wrote:

I agree, and discussed this point, but without other mechanisms in place, or a complete change to how raids run, that will almost always be the case.
    At least it was discussed before the decision was made

Not a fan of quantity = top rewards

but oh well
  • Netsug
    28 posts Member
    Only downside is that it makes mercing a lot harder, and it just makes the raid rewards uneven distribution of aeromagnifiers more severe (ranking below 25 is pretty bad)

This! Of course you should be rewarded better if you contribute more, but this raid is a joint effort.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Themy wrote: »
    You guys NEED to flatten Aeros if you go through with this change. Just give everyone 5 Aeros.

This. I don't like guild hopping either, but anything below rank 25 is bad even if the entire guild is carrying their weight in the guild
  • I welcome most of the changes but there are (were) many teams that scored 3-8% before and i dont see why they had to be crippled like this. But... will see how it goes live, i am kinda happy with these changes.

I do understand that now you can use more and more teams in a given phase, so.... Proooobably it will compensate? Not sure, but i think this glass is half full this time
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Voygliz wrote: »

We were already able to do as many tries as needed for an ideal run before...just getting out of battle. Same like now.
    We can make many tries with different setups now. And we won't have to be playing 40 people at same time. That's the difference.

To do not have to play at same time is an amazing improvement, I'll give you that. We'll have a bit of our life back.
    2% seems a bit crazy tho.

By the way, can they look at rewards? It'll be even a more team effort now (no huge damage in P1) so it's unfair that scoring 50k less for example and getting 26th place instead of 25 gets you a horrible reward.

This are mine for yesterday at 27th. A joke in this level of play and it being a team effort. kun6rtwv7enq.jpg

Not sure how your guild ran it, but before there was a limited time to make practice runs, especially on back to back phases.

Anyway, yes, rewards.... hopefully they take a look at those too, but for now this is a good thing.
  • UdalCuain
    4991 posts Member

2% is a crazy threshold, was expecting 10%, or worst case, 5%

I agree on your points. Especially with regards to the very low threshold.

I may have been a bit premature with my post. My main hope was that people would no longer be able to mess up the runs of others by premature posting, which the update covers.
  • If I am reading this right: after 2% boss has +20%, after 4% boss has +60%, after 6% boss has +120%, and so on...

Seems like the new bar for a quality run will be between 4 and 6%. That's a little tougher than what I was expecting, but at least it will encourage high participation.

I'll wait and see before I cry that the sky is falling.
  • I love how CG are congratulating themselves for "listening to feedback" and making changes...when they were told before they even released this into the main game to NOT do it the way they went ahead and did it! It's possible they'd have not even bothered changing the way it works if it weren't for the fact that they wanted to make the raid much harder for individuals after a couple of players managed to put together squads with great modding that did 100% of P1 and apparently CG's approach to gaming is "never let the gamers actually beat a level"!
  • We had someone screw up recently and post 26% early in phase 1. It reminded me of how tough the ramping is. The SLKR team goes form a 60% damage team to 3.5% with just the first cut off. This could go from having a bunch of people on at once, to needing everyone to have 8 good teams (2 for each phase) to clear the entire raid.
    It might sound better than the coordination but wait until you see it in the game. This is just a new grind.
  • CaesarAM
    246 posts Member
    We need clarification on what “each time” means. If it means that at 4% damage there is 40% stat increase, 6% 60% increase, then this is very bad for guilds on the lower end of GP that have been able to beat it. Requires higher volume of teams those guilds won’t have.
  • Sebek wrote: »
    Voygliz wrote: »
    2%?! Really?!

So that means that when he's lost 10% he'll have +300% which is the same as last 20% previously?

Or when he's lost 6% (only 6%) he'll have +120%

This is absolutely crazy.

No, when he falls by 2% he gains it so when he falls below 10%, he gets 100% not 300%

Can someone please confirm which one of these is correct?
  • Checked with devs. Here's the breakdown:

2% Health lost this battle = 20% total stat increase
    4% Health lost this battle = 20% + 40% = 60% total stat increase
    6% Health lost this battle = 20% + 40% + 60% = 120% total stat increase
    8% Health lost this battle = 20% + 40% + 60% + 80% = 200% total stat increase
    10% Health lost this battle = 20% + 40% + 60% + 80% + 100% = 300% total stat increase
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    If I am reading this right: after 2% boss has +20%, after 4% boss has +60%, after 6% boss has +120%, and so on...

Seems like the new bar for a quality run will be between 4 and 6%. That's a little tougher than what I was expecting, but at least it will encourage high participation.

I'll wait and see before I cry that the sky is falling.

Yes, this is my understanding.

Yes, this will require more than 7 people to do it....

With an average of 3% per run , still only means low 30s for participation, and each player can now develop more than 4 teams to make runs, so that number will start to drop too.
  • UdalCuain
    4991 posts Member
    Checked with devs. Here's the breakdown:

2% Health lost this battle = 20% total stat increase
    4% Health lost this battle = 20% + 40% = 60% total stat increase
    6% Health lost this battle = 20% + 40% + 60% = 120% total stat increase
    8% Health lost this battle = 20% + 40% + 60% + 80% = 200% total stat increase
    10% Health lost this battle = 20% + 40% + 60% + 80% + 100% = 300% total stat increase

Can you check with them how much beer it would take for them to change those multiples of two to at least multiples of five?