Conquest Launch [MEGA]

Replies

• TVF
    36609 posts Member
    Options
    thedrjojo wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    it was annoying to find out how it worked at first but i'm used to it and i think its fine as it is

It's more effort than it should be. You have to keep adding to find the right one then remove all the others you didn't want.

Definitely this. And there's no indication of what ones already are equipt when you do this so it's cumbersome to remove, oh that's one I already had,never mind,etc. Definitely discouraged swapping them around

I believe the unequipped ones are at the bottom. But still, bad design.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11509 posts Moderator
    Options
    IronCross wrote: »
    Are we getting a change in the conquest store anytime soon because it’s terrible as is?

there are merchant nodes with g12 gear that you can spend on too!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Are we getting a change in the conquest store anytime soon because it’s terrible as is?

No changes will be made until the exhibition is over. At that point they will make plans for any changes they need/can make.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

No changes will be made until the exhibition is over. At that point they will make plans for any changes they need/can make.

Thank you for the only useful answer.

The others were just noise from the peanut gallery...
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

there are merchant nodes with g12 gear that you can spend on too!

This was a useful answer.
  • TVF
    36609 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Let us know how hard mode goes.

This one was relevant. Sorry if you don't see why.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I like the concept so far. I am not blown away by it yet for some of the reasons already cited, i.e. cumbersome data disk equipping, feats limiting toons for use, and slow game play due to limited energy.

I am probably alone in this next thought but I am not fan of the zone ability modifiers. I know we get data disks to counter this, but I would rather plan for battles with toons with their known abilities as is. I would like to use the data disks to allow me to use some of my underpowered or little used toons, vs combining with my best toons to beat known toons with uncommon power buffs.

The other thing is I do not like how the beginning of the ladder contains opponents that are relic level yet are really easy to beat with equivalent relic'd toons. like they are almost relic level in name only, but than if I use lower level toons against them, the lower level toons get wiped out like they are facing a relic team that is not relic level in name only. Just seems to be off to me. What ends up happening is I use the same 3 or 4 teams throughout the entire ladder and makes it seem like a chore more than fun to get to the final battle.

Admittedly, I am finding this new mode to be a bit of an afterthought in my gameplay and i have forgotten it is even there on more than a few occasions.
  • Hortus
    628 posts Member
    Options
    Well, the final crate is mine. Not going to get max score because some feats are pretty boring. Things which need an improvement imho:

1. Variability of useful rewards from store and javas
    2. Variability of teams inside each sector (what's the point of several identical teams on the path?)
    3. Preview of opposing team stats
    4. Better distribution of data discs (especially purple ones - I'm among whose who got zero while some people got 3).
  • Chucko_marek
    3817 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    I didn’t get guarded assault while using my FO squad with only supreme leader Kylo as my attacker. Lost 2 characters, but supreme leader Kylo and didn’t get the feat. I figured can’t loose an attacker if there isn’t one, but supreme leader Kylo is an attacker and he didn’t die. No feat. Bummer.

dnmvggcgoxrf.png
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    Options
    I didn’t get guarded assault while using my FO squad with only supreme leader Kylo as my attacker. Lost 2 characters, but supreme leader Kylo and didn’t get the feat. I figured can’t loose an attacker if there isn’t one, but supreme leader Kylo is an attacker and he didn’t die. No feat. Bummer.

dnmvggcgoxrf.png

Seems to be bugged, you need to not lose anybody to get the feat
  • Options
    Gouj4 wrote: »

dnmvggcgoxrf.png

Seems to be bugged, you need to not lose anybody to get the feat

That’s no fun. I need 3 more points to get my red box.
  • Options
    What about load outs for data cards? Has that been suggested?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

You dont know which ones you will get, I'm not sure how saving them would work.

Your base most of the time will end up being the first 12 you get.
  • Chucko_marek
    3817 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options

But towards the end, it becomes a bit of a hassle going through the list checking for TM removal. Would be nice to just preset them before going through for the feats. I played this round to beat all sectors first, then cleaned up feats. So towards the end, it’s constantly shuffling data cards for specific feats.

With stamina, I have several teams that are only effective the first couple uses, then when their stamina drops, I swap data cards and use another team for another feat. I don’t mind beating the event, then tailoring data card loadouts to finish the feats. Seems like a good idea to me.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

But towards the end, it becomes a bit of a hassle going through the list checking for TM removal. Would be nice to just preset them before going through for the feats. I played this round to beat all sectors first, then cleaned up feats. So towards the end, it’s constantly shuffling data cards for specific feats.

With stamina, I have several teams that are only effective the first couple uses, then when their stamina drops, I swap data cards and use another team for another feat. I don’t mind beating the event, then tailoring data card loadouts to finish the feats. Seems like a good idea to me.

I see what you mean. I would imagine a feature like this would be used far less by many players, at least the way you describe it. Jumping around with data discs like that could end up being a very costly process, not to say it wont be done, but not to an extent where saved layouts will be utilized by a large number of players.

A better UI would probably be the better solution to suit a larger segment of the player base.
  • Options
    Or they could let us enjoy the disks by not charging so much to swap them around. I would rather things be more difficult and let me use my tools.
  • Options
    Regarding feats, if we aren't going to get an in battle feat progress indicator, then we desperately need them to be worded unambiguously.

Consider the S5 boss feat for 10 crits. Here's how it is worded:

"Score at least 10 critical hits in a row during ally turns"

Silly me, I thought I had to crit 10 times in a row. What the feat actually seems to require (after much testing and frustration on my part) is to have 10 ally turns in a row in which at least 1 critical hit is scored.

I got the feat by loading GMY up with CC and spamming his AOE until the whole team was dead. On most of my turns, I got 1 crit and 4 non-crits due to crit immunity. Before this, I failed to earn the feat using DR+Wat. I landed 15+ crits in a row (over 9 turns, I counted) until Wat's 2nd turn rolled around. Wat obviously didn't crit anyone, nor did he land a non-crit. But, during ally turns, I landed well over 10 crits in a row.

As worded, I would argue my DR+Wat strategy met the description more so than the GMY spam.
  • ANH
    25 posts Member
    Options
    Regarding feats, if we aren't going to get an in battle feat progress indicator, then we desperately need them to be worded unambiguously.

CG has gotten better at improved wording over the years, in my opinion. And as the game gets more complex, it probably gets harder to word stuff absolutely correctly.

HOWEVER, accurate wording is absolutely critical to game play. (As much as coding the game so it doesn't randomly shut down on you in the middle of GAC, such that you lose your match and a shot a Kyber, ahem...) It wouldn't take more than an English major with some technical procedural knowledge to do just a bit better here. I'd appreciate better language on these feats, as well, moving forward.
  • Options
    In GC, not able to hard press to read what a data disk does is annoying (moving from right to left to see what a disk does is not fun). Also, why did they remove Armourer shards from the store? That would have been a nice gesture for F2P players and would have boosted interest in GC a bit more.

PS - GC looks like a good game mode. I just feel we should have one sector where guild members or friends can collaborate to win. Also, there should be one sector for ships (before that, CG should just round up the FO and Resistance fleets). I also think there should be one sector where guilds can fight each other. In summary: 1 PVE sector, 1 PVP sector, 1 fleet sector, 1 intra-guild sector and 1 inter-guild sector.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Or they could let us enjoy the disks by not charging so much to swap them around. I would rather things be more difficult and let me use my tools.

The cost was higher in initial testing and was lowered due to feedback around this. They dont seem to have any plans to remove this, they want the choices of which ones to use to have some value and feel meaningful.
  • Options

The cost was higher in initial testing and was lowered due to feedback around this. They dont seem to have any plans to remove this, they want the choices of which ones to use to have some value and feel meaningful.

I'd say they accomplished this, but I'd also say that's a silly goal to have. As I said earlier, it would be more fun for the players, imo, if the content was harder and I had more tools at my disposal.

I may change my tune after trying hard mode. But for now, I feel like the most enjoyable aspect of Conquest is being gated without a compelling (imo) reason.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

I'd say they accomplished this, but I'd also say that's a silly goal to have. As I said earlier, it would be more fun for the players, imo, if the content was harder and I had more tools at my disposal.

I may change my tune after trying hard mode. But for now, I feel like the most enjoyable aspect of Conquest is being gated without a compelling (imo) reason.

I feel like this is the reason for many things that exist in almost every game.

From some of the talk about this, they definitely accomplished the goal. Players are putting thoughtful actions when it comes to data discs, even at this point.

I dont suspect anyone would choose to have it this way over free, but I personally dont see the low cost as any deterrent from having fun in this game mode. I even moved a few around this time to help with feats, but I have not moved any since gaining max crate, which is effecting my ability to finish off "useless" feats.

I agree though it would be cool if they were moved for free.
  • Options

From some of the talk about this, they definitely accomplished the goal. Players are putting thoughtful actions when it comes to data discs, even at this point.

I dont suspect anyone would choose to have it this way over free, but I personally dont see the low cost as any deterrent from having fun in this game mode. I even moved a few around this time to help with feats, but I have not moved any since gaining max crate, which is effecting my ability to finish off "useless" feats.

I don’t get it. The choice of data disks is meaningful because it plays a role to decide if you’ll win the battle or not. So a bad choice of data disks make you lose energy. What the cost in conquest money changes is the urge to build a ‘standard set up’ that will be appropriate for a couple of teams and only use those teams, instead of changing them around to adapt your set to different teams, effectively motivate you to use the depth of your roster. Though the possibility to build several set ups instead of one would alleviate this.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Starslayer wrote: »

I don’t get it. The choice of data disks is meaningful because it plays a role to decide if you’ll win the battle or not. So a bad choice of data disks make you lose energy. What the cost in conquest money changes is the urge to build a ‘standard set up’ that will be appropriate for a couple of teams and only use those teams, instead of changing them around to adapt your set to different teams, effectively motivate you to use the depth of your roster. Though the possibility to build several set ups instead of one would alleviate this.

I believe what you are saying is showing that the cost is driving you make "important choices", that each one you place has "more value" because of it.

Players are going to move them if they want to, and the cost is making that no trivial thing.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options

I believe what you are saying is showing that the cost is driving you make "important choices", that each one you place has "more value" because of it.

Players are going to move them if they want to, and the cost is making that no trivial thing.

I guess the question is: why would it being trivial to move data disks be a bad thing? (I see you said you wouldn’t mind it to be free to move data disks, so this is more directed toward the devs)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Konju wrote: »

I guess the question is: why would it being trivial to move data disks be a bad thing? (I see you said you wouldn’t mind it to be free to move data disks, so this is more directed toward the devs)

Because they want it to be meaningful, would be my guess.
  • Options
    Meaningful... yes.
    Fun... no :(
  • Options
    I don't know what hard mode is going to look like, but can you reconsider the 4 mil GP requirement to enter? We've got people well under 3 mil GP who are maxing out normal and have GLs that can surely get them to at least the first crate on hard mode. A GP gate preventing someone from advacing on is quite frustrating.
  • Options
    Just completed all feats and got my red crate. Having read a lot of criticisms over the gameplay and various modes within GC. I'm edging on the side of the fence that says I like this new event.

Why?

1) Having got my GL SLKR made it much easier than without I think, so the players without a significant hard hitter will struggle but there are pathways that lead to different victories. I went for the quickest pathway initially to see how it played and then, like many, went back to complete feats.

2) Discovered boss feats late on, I didn't see the arrows that you could scroll through the feats for each section boss and when I did, they were greyed out (bug I think has been reported) but once you get a feel for the boss feats, you then start to strategize a bit and this is where the game is goo, having to plan what you use where and when and for how long.

3) Scavenger and data disks - wasn't too sure about these and didn't use any until the third sector. I felt it was a little cumbersome and there wasn't anyway of seeing what the buff was without adding it to your rosta. After using them for achieving all feats (DOT, Evade, Thermal Detonator mostly) it was fun using toons I haven't geared up and had to protect with super tanky tanks (GK got used a lot). Nice to use Greedo and Zam for once. They didn't last long but nice to be able to use them!

Yes, there are some bugs but this is the exhibition event and as first time players, we get the bonus of twice in March and having achieved the Red Crate, lots of goodies which will relic my GL and allows some progress to Mando toons.

So, bear with it guys, work on the teams and have fun.
  • Ultra
    11509 posts Moderator
    Options
    I don't know what hard mode is going to look like, but can you reconsider the 4 mil GP requirement to enter? We've got people well under 3 mil GP who are maxing out normal and have GLs that can surely get them to at least the first crate on hard mode. A GP gate preventing someone from advacing on is quite frustrating.
    I do think the hard mode requirement should be lifted since we already have another requirement for hard mode (clearing Sector 5 Normal boss node)

I think at that stage, players are well aware of how capable they are at tackling hard mode or if they'd rather repeat normal mode again at their GP