Jedi Master Kenobi

Replies

• Options
    Is it possible to rename this topic « jedi master Luke » ?
    I hoped reading info about kenobi when I came in not reading complaints about luke.
  • LordDirt
    5013 posts Member
    Options
    Seranya6 wrote: »

Not from a Jedi.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Konju wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Shaddess wrote: »
    Borat wrote: »
    It will take a ton of energy to get him unlocked and then more to put his ultimate on. Then you have gear, relics and abilities to upgrade. I would say there may be 5-10 by Saturday but by mid week next week we will probably start seeing him. There is a cap on energy purchases per day so I don't know if will be possible to do all of that in a day. I guess Ahnald will prove me wrong shortly.
    You only need 2 ult mats if you saved your JML mats (which you should've)
    Said by everyone ever who doesn't have the slightest clue about how to use that character.

His best use in arena is with JKR lead which does absolutely nothing for his ultimate. If he’s not in the leader slot his ultimate is completely useless which is kind of lame they couldn’t make it easier to get it when he’s not the leader. Knowing that I wish I stashed the ultimate mats for Rey or JMK

His ult is not useless, also arena is not the only mode in the game where he is used... his ult is excellent in lstb and the jedi assault battles. By the way, I use JML lead all the time against SEE in arena and win. If you’re just sitting there with his ult mats you just wasted a ton of time you could have been using it effectively, congrats on following the wrong crowd.

If he is not in the leader slot; his ultimate is useless. If you can show me one single battle where he gets his ultimate ability off when he isn’t in the leader spot, I’ll overnight you some cookies. Again, his ultimate is helpful, but in comparison to Rey? I’d rather have her ultimate over JML. FYI I have his ultimate ability and know how useful it is, but without him in the leader spot, it can’t be used. It’s useless.
    TVF wrote: »
    I use JML lead in arena with GMY and run circles around JKR leads. But it's all good, they have a good time watching me run around them like that so we all win. Yay!

And I run circles around them if I ever see it on defense in my shard, using JKR lead of course. The AI isn’t the smartest lol. You know, it would be pretty darn fun to play teams in real time to maximize the battle and possibilities….oh who am I kidding? Mace Windu will get a rework before we get a real time battle mode lol

You’re about to over night me some cookies when the jedi assault battle comes back around. It’s very easy to get his ult outside of the leadership by wave 4 in tier 3 without much stalling.

Lmao, so in T3 of the AB, you can stall and get his ultimate in wave 4. Is that same feat possible in arena? GAC? Conquest? Any other mode that you can’t just stall against overturned AI? No? You mean that having Rey’s ultimate would be more beneficial? Huh….interesting…no worries though I’ll send you a prime prune chip cookie for your effort

I mean it’s funny how salty you get when you make false assertions...

Are you right that Rey’s ultimate is better? Yes. Does JML’s ultimate have uses? Yes. If you insist on using JML outside the lead, there happens to still be circumstances (currently, could be more in the future) where the ultimate can be activated. Is it still the worst ultimate? Yes. Can you earn each ultimate from each GL’s event? Yes. Does saving the ultimate mats from JML for a different GL give some benefits? Subjective. I enjoy using JML ultimate, but I understand where others may see the benefit in not applying it.

I’ll take my cookies sans snark. Thank you.

It’s not a false assertion. Outside of T2/3 of AB’s, you cannot activate JML’s ultimate when he’s not in the leader slot, making it the worst of the 3 light side ultimate abilities.

I get use from his ultimate but once I have Rey unlocked, I’d rather have hers over his due to how much better it is. But hey, if you want a cookie that bad, I’ll send you a prune cookie too ❤️
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Seranya6 wrote: »
    I hoped reading info about kenobi when I came in not reading complaints about luke.

Negative. I’ll bring it back on track. JMK’s ultimate is better than JML :)
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    Options
    I haven’t seen a lot of videos but how is the balance versus other GLs? Balance is what worries me the most with every GL release. Considering the amount of efforts and resources necessary to grab a GL, if any of them was made irrelevant that could be the nail in the coffin for those that unlocked the one left in the dust. I hope CG is wary of this…
  • Options
    Globuhl wrote: »
    I haven’t seen a lot of videos but how is the balance versus other GLs? Balance is what worries me the most with every GL release. Considering the amount of efforts and resources necessary to grab a GL, if any of them was made irrelevant that could be the nail in the coffin for those that unlocked the one left in the dust. I hope CG is wary of this…

From the testing I’ve seen, with current teams Rey can handle it with the proper resistance team. SEE needs some specific modding and supporting cast to have a chance. JML can do it but it’s very messy. And SLKR is having the least success since the crits are few and far between
  • Options

Personal experience vs r8 ultimate Ken with kam: so far, no issue beating him with Rey (full res) or jml lead; don’t know about the darkside GLs. But it’s still early, the killer comp is probably not there yet.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Starslayer wrote: »

Personal experience vs r8 ultimate Ken with kam: so far, no issue beating him with Rey (full res) or jml lead; don’t know about the darkside GLs. But it’s still early, the killer comp is probably not there yet.

GLANI on the way. And yes I’m calling him GLANI lol
  • Options
    Please don’t take my next statement as any form of approval, but CG won’t care about this.

They don’t want players to unlock 1 GL and feel that their work is done. They want everyone to get a second. And then a third. And then a fourth. And now a fifth.

At the moment it might be possible to reach the top of arena only owning 1 GL, but it is much much easier to do so if you own 2 or 3 of them.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    It will take a ton of energy to get him unlocked and then more to put his ultimate on. Then you have gear, relics and abilities to upgrade. I would say there may be 5-10 by Saturday but by mid week next week we will probably start seeing him. There is a cap on energy purchases per day so I don't know if will be possible to do all of that in a day. I guess Ahnald will prove me wrong shortly.
    You only need 2 ult mats if you saved your JML mats (which you should've)
    Said by everyone ever who doesn't have the slightest clue about how to use that character.

His best use in arena is with JKR lead which does absolutely nothing for his ultimate. If he’s not in the leader slot his ultimate is completely useless which is kind of lame they couldn’t make it easier to get it when he’s not the leader. Knowing that I wish I stashed the ultimate mats for Rey or JMK

His ult is not useless, also arena is not the only mode in the game where he is used... his ult is excellent in lstb and the jedi assault battles. By the way, I use JML lead all the time against SEE in arena and win. If you’re just sitting there with his ult mats you just wasted a ton of time you could have been using it effectively, congrats on following the wrong crowd.

If he is not in the leader slot; his ultimate is useless. If you can show me one single battle where he gets his ultimate ability off when he isn’t in the leader spot, I’ll overnight you some cookies. Again, his ultimate is helpful, but in comparison to Rey? I’d rather have her ultimate over JML. FYI I have his ultimate ability and know how useful it is, but without him in the leader spot, it can’t be used. It’s useless.
    TVF wrote: »
    I use JML lead in arena with GMY and run circles around JKR leads. But it's all good, they have a good time watching me run around them like that so we all win. Yay!

And I run circles around them if I ever see it on defense in my shard, using JKR lead of course. The AI isn’t the smartest lol. You know, it would be pretty darn fun to play teams in real time to maximize the battle and possibilities….oh who am I kidding? Mace Windu will get a rework before we get a real time battle mode lol

You’re about to over night me some cookies when the jedi assault battle comes back around. It’s very easy to get his ult outside of the leadership by wave 4 in tier 3 without much stalling.

Lmao, so in T3 of the AB, you can stall and get his ultimate in wave 4. Is that same feat possible in arena? GAC? Conquest? Any other mode that you can’t just stall against overturned AI? No? You mean that having Rey’s ultimate would be more beneficial? Huh….interesting…no worries though I’ll send you a prime prune chip cookie for your effort

Doesn’t matter, you didn’t set any limits to it. You owe me cookies. Also, if you don’t see how stupid it is to have an Incomplete character then no one can help you, it’s not as if you need to pick one or the other, and for some reason you think that makes you superior to those who use the ultimate? Lol you are a joke. enjoy staring at a stack of ultimate mats for months and maxed tickets. You’re still not ahead of anyone, did you even unlock him yet?

01udo4yeqvmq.png

Lmao you’re late to the party as we’ve moved on from this already and on to discussing the viability of JMK counters once CAT is released and KAM becomes more widely available.

But I’ll indulge you one last time. Yes I have him unlocked. He was my first GL. Yes I’ve had his ultimate unlocked since I was able to. No, he’s not incomplete without his ultimate based on how I and scores of others use him and wouldn’t lose anything had i hoarded his mats. Still would’ve won my AB battles, waves in TB, conquest battles, GAC battles and GC battles. It wouldn’t have made a difference. In arena I climb to top 15 easy without effort daily with my current lineup. When I try and have time I can make top 5 depending on SEE’s up top. Yes my current rank is 31 but that’s because I’m not climbing until it’s my payout hour. I tend to be respectful of my shard mates and their payouts.

Thanks for coming to my Ted talk. Let’s move back to the discussion of JMK. Or respond and talk to the wind, idc lol
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Please don’t take my next statement as any form of approval, but CG won’t care about this.

They don’t want players to unlock 1 GL and feel that their work is done. They want everyone to get a second. And then a third. And then a fourth. And now a fifth.

At the moment it might be possible to reach the top of arena only owning 1 GL, but it is much much easier to do so if you own 2 or 3 of them.

I don’t think any one GL is irrelevant even with JMK…so I agree with you Darjelo. SLKR is the primo for raids, Rey is amazing in PVE and defense for GAC, SEE is amazing when used correctly on offense and JML can bring lots of jedi into great use for PVE and some PVP depending on the matchups. I’ll have Rey unlocked this week and her ultimate two more after that and even with 3 GL’s I’ll still want to push for JMK or Lord Vader. Or Maul. Or exploding heart Grevious. Whatever the next DS GL is
  • Options

Personal experience changes. Different comps, different modding, got my butt kicked in all places.
    Also, ultimate is launched at 50%. Not sure if it was like that couple days ago, but it’s more dangerous imo.
  • Options

Personal experience changes. Different comps, different modding, got my butt kicked in all places.
    Also, ultimate is launched at 50%. Not sure if it was like that couple days ago, but it’s more dangerous imo.

Yeah his ultimate works just like SLKR. As soon as it’s available to be used, he uses it. Never waits for it to be fully charged
  • Keyth
    29 posts Member
    Options

How was he modded?

• Options
    Anybody have any ideas why for stage one of the activity my game is telling me I don't have prerequisites - specifically that I'm at 0/330 for Jedi Master Kenobi? :|
  • crzydroid
    7308 posts Moderator
    Options
    FatherHobo wrote: »
    Anybody have any ideas why for stage one of the activity my game is telling me I don't have prerequisites - specifically that I'm at 0/330 for Jedi Master Kenobi? :|

Tier IV is the first one that should require JMK.
  • LordDirt
    5013 posts Member
    Options
    FatherHobo wrote: »

Look in the journey guide, if there is a check mark by the requirement, you met it, if there isn't one, you don't have it. No one can tell you why as we can't see your journey guide.

He is talking about the JMK event. He needs to unlock JMK to advance in the event.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt
    5013 posts Member
    Options
    Crap, you are correct. Figure he was talking about stage 4 :/
  • Options
    Keyth wrote: »

How was he modded?

Back to basics: speed
  • Options
    Have CG announced when JMK is getting a buff?

Worst GL by a fair margin based on early testing. Shocking on defence
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options

This is sarcasm right? He beats any GL on offense
  • LordDirt
    5013 posts Member
    Options

Seems CG doesn't want any good defensive teams, just pure offense.
  • Options

On defence I mean
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

That's not what determines whether he's good. If he drops like a rock on defense, he's only good in arena for new players without other GLs.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    Does he have his ult?
    Maybe wait for CAT?
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

I'm looking forward to getting his ult as well, my friend.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »

That's not what determines whether he's good. If he drops like a rock on defense, he's only good in arena for new players without other GLs.

I mean, that’s half true. If he can beat any GL on offense, then he’s good. Now if his worth in defense is the issue perhaps it’s the composition. Is KAM on those teams? CAT surely isn’t. Does he have his ultimate? There’s a lot of factors to be considered in that argument for viability on defense