JMK breaks the status quo.

Prev134
So as more JMK teams fill my arena shard, most of which are now running all relic 8s including relic 7-8 CAT I can say this is the GL that broke the balance. Maybe with exception of Rey there was wiggle room to move around in arena. JML beat SLKR, SEE beat JML and SLKR beat SEE with relative success.

Now these JMK teams are the strongest things I have ever seen. CAT one shots out the door, the assists are nearly game breaking. They are pretty much weak to nothing. There are comps that have success but certainly depends on how advanced the JMK is. For awhile I was having decent success getting position at payout using SEE R8 with tanks + wat. With CAT now even that gets decimated 70% of the time.

Pretty sure JMK is the new and improved SLKR.

Replies

• Antario
    996 posts Member
    I feel a disturbance in the force...

Seriously, you must have missed the old days, when a new meta was ALWAYS balance breaking.
  • Artumas
    324 posts Member
    And yet, there's still options, just as there was for SLKR at the start of the GL era.

I'm not seeing anything on JMK's kit that prevents a pre-taunt from taking the force leap - With Wat, this means JML should be able to take it and be totally fine, or Rey can 4-man with a CAT of her own by saccing a pre-taunt, which could even be Brood Alpha just for the extra hit(s) afterwards.

Characters like Nest can take advantage of the assist spam, and with the Rey Scoundrel team having CAT synergy, it's an interesting option.

Notably, CAT doesn't prevent revives, which means you could actually use that priority targeting to finally bring Jolee back to usage - If she prioritizes either GAS or JKR, all he needs is to survive until he gets a turn to revive them.

Yes, Dark side teams are going to get completely destroyed until people figure out the proper compositions, ability orders and targeting priority.

Light Side teams actually have a number of very notable options right out the gate, albeit mostly... different than normal.

And then there's that whole Padme w/ CAT beating JMK thing that might lead somewhere very notable as people explore it more.

It's a new character that brings a new meta shift - Light side rosters benefit from it a LOT, but as with all metas in this game, people WILL figure out strategies. It's been literally like 13 hours. This isn't "the end of the world". It's just a meta shift that requires people to test stuff. I give it a week until just about every other GL has a comp that can beat it at least 50% of the time, or we get the next GL and/or Dark Side FO/Sith conquest character that buffs SEE and SLKR the same way CAT buffs JMK and Rey announced. I mean, we ARE still missing Snoke...

If you only have 1 part of the meta, you're going to struggle every time the meta shifts. That's just how gaming works. Not swgoh in particular, but gaming overall. ...and you really should've been able to see this coming, considering we've been waiting over 3 months to unlock CAT, and everyone could kind of assume from the way her kit works that JMK and Rey were going to be absolutely busted with her. So it's not like this completely came out of nowhere, people have had a few months to prepare.
  • crzydroid
    7233 posts Moderator
    I suppose you should start hoarding for Lord Vader.

A lot of people on my shard are running SEE with NS; I suspect that might be as a JMK counter. Would be interesting to see if it holds up against CAT just as well.
  • crzydroid wrote: »

A lot of people on my shard are running SEE with NS; I suspect that might be as a JMK counter. Would be interesting to see if it holds up against CAT just as well.

Versus a t1 instakill, zombie and geo alpha are welcome I guess Oo

• crzydroid wrote: »

Some people I know brought back SKLR Daka Zombie and tossed in Thrawn and Wat to counter JMK with CAT
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Artumas wrote: »
    And yet, there's still options, just as there was for SLKR at the start of the GL era.

I'm not seeing anything on JMK's kit that prevents a pre-taunt from taking the force leap - With Wat, this means JML should be able to take it and be totally fine.

While I agree with most of your post, as a JMK /CAT owner this doesn't work. CAT does enough damage that JML just goes down early g even with Wat/Bastila cheese, it's over in 2 or so minutes.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Padme with CAT. Nuff said.
  • DEATHER
    87 posts Member
    Padme with CAT doesnt work against jmk with CAT
  • I made it to first through a wall of 10 ultimate JMK/CATs last night, I was able to get kills with SLK/hux/Wat/Daka/zombie,
    JKR/JML/GAS/JKL/Wat, and
    Rey/GBA/Hoda/GAS/JKR (and JKL replacing JKR in that line up.

None of it was easy or pretty… either having a faster JML than their JMK, or the SLKR line up was the least stressful.

Just unlocked my own JMK and CAT yesterday, but ran short of gear (12+5 on Kenobi, 8 on CAT), so I’m mentally prepared for a frustrating couple of weeks while I get dialed back up to parity with the big kids on the block…
  • z7byu4u7mih9.png

I ran a SLKR, hux, wat, Daka, zombie but I could barely break their protection.
  • Dkfusion wrote: »
    z7byu4u7mih9.png

SLKR should ramp up damage throughout the match and eventually be able to wipe out everyone.
  • Dkfusion wrote: »
    z7byu4u7mih9.png

SLKR should ramp up damage throughout the match and eventually be able to wipe out everyone.

Best fight I’ve had so far went to about 3:45 popped full ult pretty much using furious onslaught as much as possible, came out of ult with kenobi, gas, AT still up. I had all but hux and in one turn 3 wiped out everyone including slkr.
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    I kinda agree.

I liked seeing my shard being a mash up. It’s quickly becoming like the olds days. One team all at the top, and it will slowly filter down as more unlock, till we have a top 50 all the same.

That’s what it was like in the past and it was annoying. Recently it’s been refreshing when you go to do a battle and all 3 teams you can fight are different.
  • Maybe they could do a silent nerf to the JMK AI on defense, CAT targets her allies with the instakill etc… :D
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Crayons wrote: »
    I kinda agree.

I liked seeing my shard being a mash up. It’s quickly becoming like the olds days. One team all at the top, and it will slowly filter down as more unlock, till we have a top 50 all the same.

That’s what it was like in the past and it was annoying. Recently it’s been refreshing when you go to do a battle and all 3 teams you can fight are different.

On the plus side, with CAT (even on both sides) the JMK mirror match is quick.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Crayons wrote: »
    I kinda agree.

This exactly. Unfortunately right now there is an absolutely obtuse difference between JMK and the rest. JMK can easily beat them all and is an extremely strong defender against them all. Yes I’ve beat really hard JMKs ( I run about a 1 in 6 or so against the hardest) but it requires extremely specific mod conditions, or powering up really off use toons which clearly comes with inherent issues when trying not to bloat, or pure RNG.

So now I can predict the next GL will be another SEE who limps with everyone but excels at facing Kenobi. 100% CG profit.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Dkfusion wrote: »
    I kinda agree.

This exactly. Unfortunately right now there is an absolutely obtuse difference between JMK and the rest. JMK can easily beat them all and is an extremely strong defender against them all. Yes I’ve beat really hard JMKs ( I run about a 1 in 6 or so against the hardest) but it requires extremely specific mod conditions, or powering up really off use toons which clearly comes with inherent issues when trying not to bloat, or pure RNG.

These are all good things.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    I kinda agree.

I respect the opinion.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    I kinda agree.

I respect the opinion.

I respect yours as well, friend.
  • Unlike jml and see, I don't believe CG ever said jmk would be on par. So some level of power creep makes sense. Otherwise, you could pick a GL and never farm a new one.

I'm guessing that the next three GLs will be on a similar level as jmk and then we may get more power creep again.

Sure you'll probably be able to do ok with counters without getting jmk but it won't be easy.
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    I kinda agree.

How are those things good?
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    th3evo wrote: »
    I kinda agree.

Because I work hard to get the newest things and those things provide a return on my investment.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Unlike jml and see, I don't believe CG ever said jmk would be on par.
    I think they did say that actually?

• th3evo
    358 posts Member
    I kinda agree.

Because I work hard to get the newest things and those things provide a return on my investment.

So getting JML or SEE wasn't a return on your investment?
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    I kinda agree.

JMK is currently providing a higher return on my investment.

I don't recall seeing it but obviously, I can't prove the nonexistence of a statement. But if I'm wrong then so be it.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member

I don't recall seeing it but obviously, I can't prove the nonexistence of a statement. But if I'm wrong then so be it.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/244212/road-ahead-april-2021#latest
    Jedi Master Kenobi will be an extremely powerful unit and on par with other Galactic Legends.

Hopefully he holds up as being a little above the rest though.
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    I kinda agree.

Is the higher return worth losing the variety in the squad arena?
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    I kinda agree.

Is the higher return worth losing the variety in the squad arena?

To me, absolutely. I'd much rather only have to do 4-5 battles a day and not worry about complete randos hitting me out of nowhere during my climb just because they finally unlocked one GL.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/244212/road-ahead-april-2021#latest
    Jedi Master Kenobi will be an extremely powerful unit and on par with other Galactic Legends.

Hopefully he holds up as being a little above the rest though.

Fair enough. I know I read that post when it came out but I missed it. I still think making each one a little better is ok though.