Conquest Changes [MERGE]

Replies

• Lovimgsaskia1
    371 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Way to go CG. If the aim was to get long term players to quit then you may finally have hit the mark with this.
  • Options
    Any chance someone could confirm than barring technical issues, the feats will stay the same for the full conquest cycle (about 3 conquests) ? It would allow players to make informed strategic decisions, like gearing an extra faction.
  • Options
    @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI

Any chance we can get an answer to Starslayer's question, re: stability of feats so we know how to invest resources?
  • Options
    @Starslayer

You hadn't tagged anyone, so I did, but be prepared to wait until monday, I would guess. They should be in to work today, but asking something on a Friday is always iffy.
  • Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Any chance someone could confirm than barring technical issues, the feats will stay the same for the full conquest cycle (about 3 conquests) ? It would allow players to make informed strategic decisions, like gearing an extra faction.

Do you expect communication from CG? Good luck with that.
  • Options
    Well, I can't remember the last time changes made by CG were welcome.
    Today we have one more example.
    This game is definitely not fun anymore to me, and with these changes it will get even worse (again,to me)
    That's it. It's not for me anymore.
    No hard feelings, just I can't agree with the path the game take, and are very different and less fun wich that who kepts me captivated since day one.
    Good luck to whoever stays. I hope you can still enjoy it for longer and that in the future you will have updates that make the game fun, which, after all, should be the goal.
    May the Force be with you always.
  • Options
    @Starslayer

You hadn't tagged anyone, so I did, but be prepared to wait until monday, I would guess. They should be in to work today, but asking something is always iffy.

Fixed that for you.
  • dgree
    522 posts Member
    Options
    dgree wrote: »
    we found that most players could rush through the event in the first few days and then went back to clean up a few feats afterwards
    I'm incredibly skeptical of this claim from @CG_SBCrumb_MINI and the staff. I have a pretty decent roster for a 3+ year old account, despite not being a launch player or a major whale. I have good mods and focus on good performance in the game, and refresh energy on guild event energy day. I was nowhere near finishing conquest in the first few days, and even with moderate refreshes it probably took at least a week to get to the "end" of conquest (while simultaneously getting progress on feats, which are a HUGE part of conquest) before going back around and finishing feats (with maybe a day to spare, and without refreshes would not have completed enough feats).

Feats are designed to be difficult and annoying to accomplish and often require a lot of battles, so of course this is the case that some time is needed at the end to focus on feats--especially if you don't want to spend a zillion conquest tickets swapping disks back and forth between feat completion and 3 star battle completion. The players I know who finished earlier did so not because it was easy or just because they "could", but because they were panicking that they wouldn't be able to finish the feats in time. If you want progress through the nodes to take up almost all of conquest rather than feats, then the battles required to finish feats needs to be dramatically reduced (and who hasn't already wasted plenty of energy attempting a battle, only to find out that Phoenix or whatever has 900 speed and takes infinite bonus attacks?). Adjust feats first and then look at how quickly players are completing conquest, and changes based on that will likely be more reasonable and grounded in the reality of player experience rather than "huh, this could result in more vault purchases so yolo".

What we have here, by appearances, is an attempt to make red boxes only a thing for people whaling on mad refreshes, in addition to probably even bigger rosters that can take the stamina hits. In other words, chorequest just turned into whalequest and if CG has this (mis?)perception of the conquest experience for most players and is adjusting accordingly, there's a legitimate fear that it will be an absolutely miserable grind for mediocre rewards for most players.

Now, I don't endorse this opinion, but it sounds like people are saying that the reasoning for the conquest changes doesn't really check out and that it's just a pretext. 1nl00nx1akfu.png
  • Options
    I hope it won’t be even more difficult to get R8 gears in CQ

People are leaving good but non-whale guilds just to get R8 gears. Stop killing smaller guilds!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Granolo wrote: »
    , unlike others that try to sugar coat it, or even worse, trying to convince us that it's for the good of the game,

I have not seen anyone do that, have you?

, which is kinda insulting when it is clearly just a move to monetize more on Conquest.

The game is made by a for profit company, no one has ever tried to say they are not here to make money.
  • papaofmom
    163 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    bluecheese wrote: »
    I hope it won’t be even more difficult to get R8 gears in CQ

People are leaving good but non-whale guilds just to get R8 gears. Stop killing smaller guilds!

It will be more difficult/impossible but not because of announced changes but because they will require you to have relicd Phoenixes/Mandalorians/Bad Batch/Jawas etc in order to complete the feats
  • Options
    Sewpot wrote: »
    tscm2jq2fa0w.jpeg
    q6vv72l27qu9.jpeg
    3bs6wv6wrzx9.jpeg
    yztv2no8ffya.jpeg
    k6owp2by351w.jpeg

282jrqoyq5o0.gif
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Yeah adding Phoenix, Bas Batch and Smugglers is a beyond a joke.

How many have them relic? When you find the answer is almost no one, you’ll see why those squads are picked. Beyond a joke.
  • HumbleMumble
    1017 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Crayons wrote: »

How many have them relic? When you find the answer is almost no one, you’ll see why those squads are picked. Beyond a joke.

I guess the Phoenix feat could be feasible using a gear 12 ezra with a strong supporting Jedi team to feed him the kills.
    The smugglers could work with enfys nest, chewie and han as the core combined with 2 trash smugglers.
    Low gear Bad batch I’m just not sure about, maybe they could work with specific disks against certain high relic opponents.
  • Options
    Crayons wrote: »

I guess the Phoenix feat could be feasible using a gear 12 ezra with a strong supporting Jedi team to feed him the kills.
    The smugglers could work with enfys nest, chewie and han as the core combined with 2 trash smugglers.
    Low gear Bad batch I’m just not sure about, maybe they could work with specific disks against certain high relic opponents.

Maybe in normal mode
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    G12 Phoenix won’t do anything for me

And a complete waste of G12.

They are a terrible team. Useless.
  • Options
    Bad batch I’m just not sure about, maybe they could work with specific disks against certain high relic opponents.

Im pretty sure you have just explained why they increased energy per battle.

• Options
    Kyno wrote: »

, which is kinda insulting when it is clearly just a move to monetize more on Conquest.

The game is made by a for profit company, no one has ever tried to say they are not here to make money.

I didn't realize fun and make money were mutually exclusive options.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

I will reserve judgement on this new update until I play it, but I am currently having fun, and they are making money......so it would seem they are not.
  • Options

https://youtu.be/KoIZWzCzWXg
  • Options
    This is really really disappointing. Conquest was genuinely exciting when it came out and one of my favourite game modes. I would spend the two weeks planning my attacks to pick up feats and could usually get full rewards with 1-2 days to spare. Gave me a chance to get R8 mats as our guild isn't quite through CPit. With bad batch, phoenix etc feats it looks like I'll be completely screwed and have no chance of making it. Design a cool puzzle for players to figure out how to get feats with their roster? No! You must have these specific crappy toons at high relic levels or you're not allowed to succeed.
  • Options
    CarlosJ wrote: »
    This is really really disappointing. Conquest was genuinely exciting when it came out and one of my favourite game modes. I would spend the two weeks planning my attacks to pick up feats and could usually get full rewards with 1-2 days to spare. Gave me a chance to get R8 mats as our guild isn't quite through CPit. With bad batch, phoenix etc feats it looks like I'll be completely screwed and have no chance of making it. Design a cool puzzle for players to figure out how to get feats with their roster? No! You must have these specific crappy toons at high relic levels or you're not allowed to succeed.

We need R8 to get new GLs and Executor. We need lots of GLs in a guild to get CPit done. We were able to get some R8 materials in Conquest, (two Conquests to get one toon to R8), but now they don't want us to be able to do that. It looks like they want to force us to spend money on a chance of getting some of the R8 materials we need in a bundle.
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    Starslayer wrote: »

Yeah, I believe so given what crumb said about each conquest update being every 3 months
  • Options

I will reserve judgement on this new update until I play it, but I am currently having fun, and they are making money......so it would seem they are not.

Than why did CG make the changes to conquest? It sounds like you were having fun regardless….
  • Options
    Why make changes to the content and then not update the rewards? Hmmm
  • Options
    I understand that too many people probably unlocked CAT last time around and I would be perfectly happy if they pushed the max shards out of my reach but please don't block the only source of r8 material for those without access to cpit. As it currently stands it already takes 2 (or more depending on delays) months to have enough for 1 r8 I fear these changes are going to push that into 4 to 8 months (if it still remains possible at all). With everything new requiring multiple r8s and r9 on the way this would be a massive blow for people in this situation.
  • Options
    Sewpot wrote: »
    ree5nmn705jg.jpeg
    5s6xjto4p3sz.jpeg
    o5j6ni0n60wd.jpeg
    h4kgzqtinkbo.jpeg
    5lgzsbhxd3nc.jpeg

This is just ridiculous. Not only keeping the same feats with no counters (looking at you TM removal) but adding in feats requiring BB (major gear sink albeit a good squad) and also Phoenix, Geo’s and NS? Lmfao. After you guys just nerfed non GL counters and are now forcing the farming of GL’s you also want us to pour resources into mid tier (excluding BB) at best teams for conquest….congrats CG. You made conquest a whale/kraken event now. Nice cash grab. Thanks for making this game mode even less fun and far more of a grind. What a joke
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Also just noticed that the energy icon for conquest that was usually in the top bar for the past while is now gone.
    Was going to start putting 50x3 refreshes in everyday between now and launch.
    Good one CG! 😘
  • Options
    I don't know !!! I mean I spend a few dollars here and there in all do reality I love this game, but my child's college fund and my home are a little more important..I get that they need to make money but I feel they make plenty that they can make this game enjoyable for everyone.i felt as if they were going in the right direction but they seem to destroy that entire thought process the last few months from every angle .Conquest was my only chance to get anything without paying tons of money and they have destroyed that now ..maybe it will be ok but it doesn't look like that and I'm not optimistic.

Ill play because I enjoy the game but no way am buying crystals ever again just so I can still be left behind against GL's and no room for advancement if I don't pay.Its just a endless road really play and have fun but get wiped out of you do grow because you don't spend a fortune ...it is what it is .. Everything good about the game CG has done a that gave me hope months ago they demolished in just a short time
  • Options
    Keeping the TM removal and the 20 critical hits in a row feats without a counter is strange, but I hope you at least fixed so it’s not against a team that are immune to crits and Tm reduction. Please tell me you fixed that at least.
This discussion has been closed.