Kyno wrote: »
    Server21 wrote: »
    Still getting beat by Negotiators. Even at 7 stars, pretty straightforward

Lineup?
    Stars?
    Relic levels?
    On both sides
    Server21

I was beaten by Nego - ETA/ HT/ Ahsoka starting.
    Kyno

My executor is 7 stars, r7 HT; r5 RC; r5 XB
    All 6 dot mods on my pilots and theirs

Cg sells this ship as unbeatable. It should live up to its name due to the high resources required for executor.

Otherwise, refund our resources so we can use it for LV

Can you share a quote or timestamp where they said unbeatable?

Closest we heard was good luck to beating it with other teams. Which does seem to be the case now. Not impossible, but not guaranteed.

CG implied this ship was unbeatable when using the words, good luck.
    This is mispresentation, and is enough to cause many of us getting this oversold ship over LV.

For the record, the cost of getting one toon from gear 8 to 11 is about 13000 crystals, gear 12 to 13 about 24000 crystals, relic 1 to 7 about 15000 crystals and relic 7 to 8 about 15000 crystals.

About 348000 crystals getting this oversold ship to 7*, what are you saying again?

What I am saying is that they didn't say it would be unbeatable. What I am also saying is that from what others are saying counters are not guaranteed, which in this game would imply some level of luck is needed to win.
  • StarSon
    7464 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Shadow1989 wrote: »

Lineup?
    Stars?
    Relic levels?
    On both sides
    Server21

Kyno

Cg sells this ship as unbeatable. It should live up to its name due to the high resources required for executor.

Closest we heard was good luck to beating it with other teams. Which does seem to be the case now. Not impossible, but not guaranteed.

Ah, back to the semantics game I see. Glad to see you back to form.

So they didnt say that. Thanks for the clarification.

Happy to feed the trolls :)
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options

Lineup?
    Stars?
    Relic levels?
    On both sides
    Server21

Kyno

CG implied this ship was unbeatable when using the words, good luck.
    This is mispresentation, and is enough to cause many of us getting this oversold ship over LV.

For the record, the cost of getting one toon from gear 8 to 11 is about 13000 crystals, gear 12 to 13 about 24000 crystals, relic 1 to 7 about 15000 crystals and relic 7 to 8 about 15000 crystals.

About 348000 crystals getting this oversold ship to 7*, what are you saying again?

What I am saying is that they didn't say it would be unbeatable. What I am also saying is that from what others are saying counters are not guaranteed, which in this game would imply some level of luck is needed to win.

Hey Kyno,

sorry to repeat myself if you saw it already. They didnt say it would be unbeatable exactly, but CG Miller said this during Cubs interview (slighty paraphrasing):

CGM: "If you have a top of the meta fleet and do well in arena and GAC (translation: you know how to play your fleet), and you go against a 4* Executor, an Executor without max abilities, you should have a chance, it's not an instant defeat."
    CFH: What about 7* Executor ?
    CGM: "Hopefully, when there are enough 7* ships out there, you've got your 7* executor as well."

Seems pretty clear it was wai that you would need an executor to beat a 7* executor (barring unusual line ups that theorycrafters may find or very unlikely rng, no issue about that).
  • LordDirt
    5027 posts Member
    Options
    Well after the update I have held #2 for 18 hours now.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »

Too bad it took them over a week to get it fixed while we were getting destroyed by lesser stared Executors. They still owe us a make good.

• TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    IronCross wrote: »

Too bad it took them over a week to get it fixed while we were getting destroyed by lesser stared Executors. They still owe us a make good.

How many refreshes did it cost you?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • LordDirt
    5027 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Cost me a refresh a day.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options

Cost me a refresh a day.

You shouldn’t feed that troll. He provides no useful information or help to the community. I just wish I could block out all his posts when I come here.
  • Options

Cost me a refresh a day.

You shouldn’t feed that troll. He provides no useful information or help to the community. I just wish I could block out all his posts when I come here.

This
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    Executor getting ultimate off first should be instant win. Timed out twice due to not being able to get through their HT afterwards and not enough time to get next ultimate.

Might need to bring in a few ships that can apply buff immunity

Mirror matches are awful now. Half of my matches are decided by 2nd Ult.

Which was billed as an outstandingly remarkable feat that is almost impossible to achieve. This is all so bad. Secondhand embarrassment is all I have for dudes like Doja and Crumb

To be fair that was before the buff, we can always revert the buffs if you want easier mirror matches, but more counters outside

I don't think factoring how mirrors will play out should be a concern for the devs / kit designers
  • Options
    Now maybe they can fix the fleet arena AI that's constantly giving itself the advantage? My ITF won't get one dodge in a match, but the defense ITF got 7 dodges in 8 attacks. That happens constantly.

Luckily I have executor so I don't have to worry as much, but then it sure doesn't help in GAC when the AI "just happens to" get the first turn every single cap ship turn, among other things. Your fleet AI sucks, plain and simple.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Executor getting ultimate off first should be instant win. Timed out twice due to not being able to get through their HT afterwards and not enough time to get next ultimate.

Which was billed as an outstandingly remarkable feat that is almost impossible to achieve. This is all so bad. Secondhand embarrassment is all I have for dudes like Doja and Crumb

To be fair that was before the buff, we can always revert the buffs if you want easier mirror matches, but more counters outside

I don't think factoring how mirrors will play out should be a concern for the devs / kit designers

No counters for the fleet and devs shouldn't care how mirrors play out? :confused:
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Cost me a refresh a day.

In this case it is a bit of a valid point, how else would you estimate if or how much of a make good if not based on the different cost from previous meta to new meta, or other measures.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Now maybe they can fix the fleet arena AI that's constantly giving itself the advantage? My ITF won't get one dodge in a match, but the defense ITF got 7 dodges in 8 attacks. That happens constantly.

Luckily I have executor so I don't have to worry as much, but then it sure doesn't help in GAC when the AI "just happens to" get the first turn every single cap ship turn, among other things. Your fleet AI sucks, plain and simple.

When you have some data, please share, it would be interesting to see what you are seeing.
  • Options
    So some more information today.

The XB/RC lineup does indeed appear to be causing problems for non-Executor counters.

Additionally, almost all of our 7* Executors have switched to that lineup.

Additionally, the 7* Executors haven't been hit at all in 24 hours with the exception of other 7* Executors.

Additionally, mirror matches are so bad when outsped (we have several teams with all r8 pilots) that many are saying screw it and not wasting their time and just sitting in their same spot in the top 10 and not attacking at all.

I'm in a very old and competitive shard and it's come to a standstill no joke. I must say well done if this is what was intended... somehow I think not. The problems now are due to their decision to ignore the real issues and try to make 7* mirrors based primarily on speed in order to try and force spending/resource loss.
  • Options

Cost me a refresh a day.

In this case it is a bit of a valid point, how else would you estimate if or how much of a make good if not based on the different cost from previous meta to new meta, or other measures.

I was hoping you were going to tell me how to block posts from certain people. Also, make goods from other companies are not so rigid like you are suggesting. Why do you need to collect exact amounts all the time. Other companies are usually very generous with make goods to the players. CG has a terrible history of proving compensation to the community. I’m glad there are “other avenues” from a more customer service friendly company.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

The counters were less of a problem than many claimed. And I didn’t care that much about dropping 10-20 ranks. If the original developers statement is not correct any longer they would have said so, right? Bad joke … of course they wouldn’t.

The devs should be concerned with mirror matches. We have a limit of 5 minutes and each kit design that results in too many draws is not optimal. In this case like in others before there is no strategy option to get around the issue.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Cost me a refresh a day.

I was hoping you were going to tell me how to block posts from certain people. Also, make goods from other companies are not so rigid like you are suggesting. Why do you need to collect exact amounts all the time. Other companies are usually very generous with make goods to the players. CG has a terrible history of proving compensation to the community. I’m glad there are “other avenues” from a more customer service friendly company.

I am not suggesting they are this rigid, but just saying that, it is a relevant discussion point for discussion by the players.

Personally I never felt like I was being destroyed before the change and definitely dropping less.

There are no plans for compensation, that I am aware of.
  • Options

Cost me a refresh a day.

I am not suggesting they are this rigid, but just saying that, it is a relevant discussion point for discussion by the players.

Personally I never felt like I was being destroyed before the change and definitely dropping less.

There are no plans for compensation, that I am aware of.

Well that is just par for the course. No plans after making a mess as usual. When playing other mobile games I would receive stuff even when I didn’t know there were problems. CG is just cheap and stingy. The only thing they offer is “thanks for understanding”. They really have built a terrible relationship with their customer base. Glad I went the Apple route.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options

Cost me a refresh a day.

So no answer? It's a legit question. If you are in a bad shard (like me) you weren't cost refreshes, so why would you deserve a make good?
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options

Cost me a refresh a day.

I'm sorry you are in a competent shard lol.
  • Options

When you have some data, please share, it would be interesting to see what you are seeing.

Can we apply the when you have some data please share to TVF?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Help_me wrote: »

Can we apply the when you have some data please share to TVF?

Anyone is free to ask, when someone provides a small sample as evidence of a thing.
  • LordDirt
    5027 posts Member
    Options

Cost me a refresh a day.

Before the Executor was around I would get pushed back to the 40’s. Shard is tough and won’t let me in their group. Sure they love me sitting at 2 all day. Should be interesting what happens when everyone hits 7*.
  • Options

Cost me a refresh a day.

Before the Executor was around I would get pushed back to the 40’s. Shard is tough and won’t let me in their group. Sure they love me sitting at 2 all day. Should be interesting what happens when everyone hits 7*.

It's funny, but when I finally unlocked JML when he first came out, I climbed all the way to 1st for payout and then suddenly my arena shard wanted to chat and include me. lol

I sit at 3rd all day and then switch out my cap ship for the guy after me who bumps me back to third after my payout. Though, interestingly, I've beat negotiator and malevolence fleets with Raddus and my same BH ships on offense. So I think the boost to BH ships is definitely a big part of the executor's capability.
  • Options
    With the release of the Executor and the post release buff, I think CG might have made their biggest mistake to date (a bold claim, I know :wink: ). They have made everyone mad.
    Lets start with the most important group (in the eyes of CG): Whales.
    • The pre-buff version of the 7* Executor was considered lackluster (the famous "good luck" statement really backfired, in this I blame the community as our reaction likely was what lead to this disaster) and there were problems with lower tier teams being better than higher tier teams. The last part needed to be fixed (although I found the power level at release more or less spot on), but from what I hear, the current 7* mirrors are really, really bad. And as the team cannot be beating on defence regularly, it makes for awkward GAC og TW battles. TW is just a numbers game now, the guild with most Executors win. Even whales likes a bit of skill :wink:
    Dolphins/hoarders: the ones like me who got the ship at 5 or 6*.
    • We really got hit by the buff. Before we could take out 7* ships and that was one of the reasons I "invested" in 5*. That is just worthless now. Were is our refund? As a side note, as I write this 9 ships in my top 15 are 7* Executors - and with 5 in a row there is no way though.
    Fishs/hoarders: the ones that got the ship at 4*.
    • They got hit by the buff just as much as the group above, but at least they spend less crystals.
    f2p and most others: the ones that didn't get the ship at all
    • Auch! Post buff it is just goodby to crystals each and every day, there is no coming back from this.

See? Everyone have reason to be angry. And I have not even begun mentioning the obvious lack of testing that lead to the buff - and the just as obvious lack of testing of the buff. I know all the arguments about how the community is 1000s times more people that CG, but some on! They are supposed to be professionals and it's not like the counters were weird in any way. Did they only test against Negotiator?
    What can be done?
    • Let's start with the most pressing: CG needs to acknowledge the mistake, apologize (yes, the community deserves an apology from a billion $ company that releases an update that threatens the long term life of the game. And make no mistake, the combination of the GL-counters nerf and this will lead to people leave the game again in droves. We are talking the dark times at spring 2020 all over.
    • Then we need a new fix. One that is tested and brings the ship to a power level that makes for fun play. It need to be beatable (>50%) by at least 2 other capital ships.Make the ships be Endurance and Raddus if you want to make money of players gearing up counters; I don't care. Fix the mirrors, something like JMK+Cat (auto-able with just a few targeting clicks during battle) would be really sweet.
    • ... oh and one more thing: learn from this! If you treat your customers bad, then the just might decide to stop being your customers. While I don't hear a lot of no-spend pledges, I hear a lot of "not right now". Wonder why.... :frowning:
  • Options
    It need to be beatable (>50%) by at least 2 other capital ships.

I think we are back in march 2020 and the first GLs, except it was plural so less mirrors and less boring. The first 6 months/year (hopefully not longer) will be rough for those not having Executor in a competitive arena shard or in ‘GL level’ gac and full of boring mirrors for those having it, until a new meta arrives, where Executor will have this >50% success capacity against the new boss. So I agree it needs to be >50% beatable by other fleets, but future fleets (doesnt have to be a capital ship. A hard to get starship that will make an old meta better will work), not old meta.